Cintas Employee Reviews

Love these people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  vandalia ohioFebruary 10, 2018
They are one of the best employers around the vandalia ohio area. Should you get sick, they are willing to work with you even though they have an absence point system that counts against you each time you call off or need to be off for necessity.
Good work environment
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 10, 2018
A typical day is a early start on the day 5:00 to 6:00 in the morning get started with paper work and computer check in see what else is added for that day. Everybody for most part including management are nice in helpful. The hardest part of the job is being put in kind of bad situation such as bad whether or rude people best part is being out in public in interacting with people
Pros
Interacting with people
Cons
Bad whether rude people
Do not recommend
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2018
I worked at cintas for a number of years (13). On the surface it seems like a good place to work. the longer you work there the more of the truth you see. All cintas cares about are its shareholders (money). The pay plan was revised four times while i was there and each time the employees and customers got screwed while the company made more money. I witnessed multiple managers come and go which gave me zero incentive to move up. It seemed they were always finding ways to have you do more work for the same amount of money or the same amount of work for less money. The goals were unrealistic and they were always raising them. There is only so much a person can do and the more you give the more they want. I did receive some decent training and for a person with no college degree I was paid OK. I used the experience from cintas to get a better job. If you are a current employee, trust me, there are better places to work. If you are thinking about working there, go for it, just have a back-up plan when the place makes you crazy or fires you. They like to hire young naive people that are easy to manipulate. Don't listen to what they SAY, but watch what they DO! Soon you will see the truth too.
Pros
Decent benefits, Training, and compensation
Cons
Unrealistic goals, don't care about the employees or customers, poor management.
Do not recommend
Fire Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2018
I worked for cintas for a number of years (13). At first it seems like a good place to work. Over time you come to realize that all they care about are shareholders (money). The management would find sneaky ways to have you do more work for the same amount of compensation or the same amount of work for less compensation. While i was there they revised the pay plan 4 different times. Each time the employees and customers got screwed while the company made more money. I had multiple different managers, the place was a revolving door. It gave me zero incentive to move up watching manager after manager be get let go or move on. The goals were unrealistic and kept going up year after year. A person can only do so much and the more you give the more they want. I did receive some good training which I used to get a better job. Cintas may be good for you if you need a short term job to pay the bills while looking for something better. They like to hire young and naive people they can easily manipulate. I was there long enough to realize the truth of things and then i moved on. Join at your own risk, you have been warned!
Pros
decent training, OK compensation
Cons
Poor management, Don't care, untruthful, and unrealistic goals.
Fast paced work environment
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAFebruary 10, 2018
Cintas has a great corporate structure and is a great company to learn what is expected for a personal to succeed in a Growing Fortune 500 Company. It was an amazing job to get at 20 years old. It taught me time management, sales techniques, and how to be a leader.
Pros
Great Corporate Culture
Cintas
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 8, 2018
Good company with opportunity for advancement! Good compensation package/ Good benefits. Not a good experience with middle management. Large national corporation with opportunities to move and advance. Training was deficient, and success is correlated closely to assigned territories.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Poor training
good pay poor management
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 8, 2018
Good pay, very poor management. If you are a veteran with a disability they will discriminate you. Management will tell you one thing then turn around and say something different. Training is a joke.
Pros
pay
Cons
discrimination, poor management
New experience
STOCK ROOM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 7, 2018
It was my first working for a big company and becoming in charge of the stock room was a big deal my responsibility that all orders were sent correctly and making sure all order were received.
Mediocre
Service Sales Representative(SSR) (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Decent place to work. Four day work week was nice. Benefits were decent. Pay was decent but was looking to advance in my career. Could use additional on the job training.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
salary
Fast paced
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 6, 2018
On your feet work for someone very energetic. Just girls staff, very comfortable work place and they had a lot of activities for the employees. Manager was very nice and understanding.
Mangment unprofessional
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 6, 2018
So many audits for maintenance staff unable to keep up with repairs and pms when have aduits every 4 months . Then constanly dogged for down equipment when parts or on order. Never allowed to have more 40 hoirs for the week. If you have more than 40. You get sent home so you wont have ot.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Name it.!
Cintas is a good company to work for
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Had it not been for unforseen circumstances I would still be with the company. It really is a good company to work for. I was told I'm rehireable and if given the opportunity I would return.
Pros
The fact that you can work at your own pace in your own space
Cons
It doesn't pay as much as it could for the people doing accounts receivables
fast paced and competitive
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Ever changing goals, competitive markets, and collaborative strategizing were part of the daily grind. A good starter place to work with helpful employees.
Excellent training and introduction to sales
Uniform Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Their training program is first class and taught me just about everything I needed to know about becoming a highly-skilled sales professional. Their compensation was above average and rewarded us for our strong performance.
Pros
Excellent training and pay
Cintas
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAFebruary 6, 2018
As far as services for customers they are great but working there is not so much. What is expected is unrealistic and they do not provide good morale or incentives. They are also really terrible with time off and accommodating for single parents or anything having to do with children/missed time.
Sales
New Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2018
Fast paced sink or swim environment, definitely good for individuals that are self motivated and driven. Great training and then its up to you to put in the hours.
Picker
Picker/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Picking and packing merchandise to be shipped out. I learned the different type uniforms form different companies. The workplace culture is very diverse in the working environment. The hardest part of the job is keep up he percent's and enjoyable part getting off at 3:00 pm.
Overall not a bad place
Account Executive B2B (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Cintas overall was not a bad place to work, it was a B2B positions which worked well for me, but the management was very poor. The manager I had was good, but did not know how to "direct", was not a leader, more of a pusher. Which was unfortunate. Advancement was not something that they do often, and I was ready to become a manager.
Pros
Flexibility, co-workers were good to work with
Cons
poor management /
All around good employer
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branford, CT 06405February 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cintas very much. The only issue was spending my day alone and not having much interaction with others.
There was room for advancement and I enjoyed the other employees when I spent time with them.
new things and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIFebruary 4, 2018
look at route in morning and figure out how to run it and make sure everything is in the truck. finish all stops so customers are happy. management would work with you when needed help with big customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.