Cintas Employee Reviews in United States

ok job
SSR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
ok job if you like to be micro managed. Hours not to bad. Training is quit extensive. A lot of room for advancement. A lot of pressure to hit sales numbers every week. Having to sale a lot of different products to hit sales goals.
Pros
benifits
Cons
all ways being pushed to sale even if the customer does want it
Decent place to work management sucks
Unloader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2016
Decent job ,pretty easy simple work management sucks and they treat their employees terrible , not of enough pay or hardly any decent raises for the hard work you do
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
petty low raises, petty people in management, attendence policy sucks
Driving a route truck with a partner to deliver clients uniforms.
Driver Route Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 16, 2016
Had fun while I was there.The route I was on was big so we were a two man crew.It made the day go faster.Management has a work hard play hard attitude.All the drivers were a close group that would often get together outside of work.
Typical day was showing up around 6 AM grab our truck and start the day.The faster we got our route done,the faster we got home.Was paid for a 40 hour work week,but was usually home no later than 1 or 2 o'clock.
Ok place to work
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 15, 2016
This was an ok job. Provided good stability and possible opportunities to move up. If you only speak English, there are some language barriers as most employees English was their second language.
Very fast paced
Uniform Hanger (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 13, 2016
I loved this job! It was very hard on your body physically, but the pay and benefits made up for it. I loved that it was a set schedule with weekends and paid holidays off.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
physically demanding
ware house
Mat Roller (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 12, 2016
Temporary work - Responsible for ensuring customer carpeted floor mats are properly processed and stored.  Cleaned, dried, and inserted each mat into a rolling machine where they were rolled for easy storage and transportation.  Mats were stored according to color, size or customer logo.  Daily accuracy and productivity of work was necessary for inventory control and accountability.  Additional responsibilities include housekeeping and adherence to health and safety standards.
Good people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olyphant, PAApril 12, 2016
I wanted to work for Cintas Fire and Safety division for a while when i knew i was leaving Publix. I feel like a kid on Christmas who got what they wanted, but it fell apart quickly. The job is menial, and even though the people are good, most are miserable there including management. It's disappointing to see how this company actually operates. I had high expectations and it's definitely not what i had hoped. The best part of the job is the good pay, especially for this area. The reason though, is because of my experience.
Pros
partner appreciation and dress down days, health benefits after 30 days
Cons
weird attendance policies, inconsistent training, morale, little room for advancement
Great place to build your career
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEApril 12, 2016
As an SSR I work a 4 day work week and service our existing customers. It is very physical, fast-paced, indoor/outdoor position in which the SSR delivers and picks up uniforms, shop towels, chemical cleaning products, and other rental products. SSRs are the face of Cintas to the customers and must work to build rapport with key decision makers, ensure quality standards, and pro-actively solve customer concerns.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Early morning start
See review
N/A (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 12, 2016
Lack of work/Life balance, stringent policies that are black and white with no grey or "in between". Company is ultimately focused only on the dollar and leaves little room for employee development, employee engagement activity, or development of its Management team.

Micro-management is the culture of this organization and there is little to no trust of its employees.

With all of that said, a lot was learned at this company that I will take with me - both what I will and will not do moving forward.
Pros
Improved training package
Cons
Unrealistic work expectations, micro-management, intense bottom line focused culture
A military boys club
Deep clean lead technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2016
If you have served in the armed forces and you are a subpar employee then Cintas is the place for you, you will immediately be put in charge of things that you have no idea about to run into the ground as you wish. If you never found the need to serve but are an exceptional employee that knows how to do your job and do not need to be micro managed by supervisors that don't know how to do your job that I would stay away.

Want to know more about Cintas?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun
Stockroom Utility (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAApril 2, 2016
Manager is very fair. Everyone is treated equally and like a partner, not as an ordinary employee. Most enjoyable part of the job is the steady work schedule and work flow.
Confusion from beginning to end
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2016
If you want no direction and no home life this is the job for you. I was an experiences sales professional who was recruited to work for this company. I left after 6 months into it realizing what a huge mistake I had made. If you are entry level this may be a good fit, but would not consider other wise.
Welcoming team friendy environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 29, 2016
Cintas cares about their employees (partners) as well as their customers. They emphasize health and safety, honesty and integrity, and provide very thorough training. I truly like and respect everyone that I worked for and with.
Pros
Fun environment, thorough training
Productive and great work environment
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 28, 2016
Great work environment
Safety is of the upmost importance
Nice benefits and compensation good
Able to grow within this company
Supervisors are accessible
A good place to work. Benefits not that great.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2016
Cintas is a good place to work. I have been with them since they acquired Zee Medical in August of 2015. My boss is great and very cool. I have learned to go the extra mile. My co-workers are nice and we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is when there are price discrepancies on inventory. I love coming to work.
Pros
Free lunch for special occasions.
Cons
health benefits.
Cintas is a very good company to work for.
SERVICE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 25, 2016
The typical Cintas work day begins at 4:30A.M and ends around 5:00P.M. You are off every weekend and most holidays. It is difficult to move up in management unless your willing to relocate. It is a very physical job lots of climbing and walking. Great medical and retirement benefits.
Good Culture, High Expectation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2016
Good place to work, very competitive, must show results to last. Work-life balance good for front-line partners, not so much for managers.
Overworked and shorthanded
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAMarch 22, 2016
The job that I applied for and was eventually offered was for a service supervisor. However I am more of a driver than anything else due to improper staffing. Typical days are 11-14 hours and there is little to no work life balance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Work life balance
Cintas customer service dept.......DON'T DO IT!!!!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 16, 2016
I worked there nearly 5 years and I wouldn't recommend working there. The raises per year are not enough to buy a gallon of gas. You will not get any bonuses or commission. You will be expected to work the hardest in the company and get nothing for it. You will watch everyone around you do what they like and not be held accountable for anything and you will have to walk a tight rope and not sneeze wrong. The management all sticks together and will hang you out to dry any chance they can. The manager is on a power trip and will let you do your job as long as you stay in good graces with her you get anything you want. If you don't, you will pay the price. You can't change positions in the office unless she feels you are worthy.

Long story short, work hard and get nothing but grief for it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Rough days, pressured to Sell, great co-workers
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2016
Day consists in customer interactions and service that could include Linen products, mats, restroom supplies and so on.
At Cintas I learned great techniques in handling all kinds of customers and situations.
You'll find all kinds of managers at Cintas, and god knows we've got managers of managers, and more supervisors and wait, another manager. Within this diversity of high tiered peeps, you'll find people that want to look good for the corp folks, whatever takes, managers who have no idea what's going on, managers that have an idea, supervisors that really care to do their best, and a general manager that's overloaded with Corp's Koolaid (I get it, you have to).

Hardest part of the job is to handle customers that are nothing close to easy, you'll get them all. Price increases are ridiculously high, but the industry almost dictates this barely legal price gauging situation.

4 day work week is nice, but remember, this is a very, very physical job, so your first day off will consist in you trying to remember what your back felt like before you said the I do.

Pay is not bad, but somewhat on the lower side compared to some of our competitors. Benefits seem decent, never really had an issue with it. Matching 401 is good as well.

I honestly do not recommend the SSR position, but I know some would so hey, best of luck if you decide taking the challenge.
Pros
Good Coworkers, good benefits, 4 day Work week
Cons
Physical, Corporate world at its best.