Circle K Employee Reviews

Found 2,182 reviews matching the search
Over all a good place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 10, 2016
A typical day at work is customer service, bank deposits payroll and productivity. Scheduling work orders and technicians. Over all safety of vehicle and repairs. We may at any point and time have a fire truck build. We also schedule pump tests annually for different fire departments throughout MI. The hardest part of the job is telling the customer our labor rate (which is one of the cheapest rates around to stay competitive) the most enjoyable part of the position is when I call to tell the customer their vehicle is fixed and it was cheaper than expected.
Well known service stations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 7, 2016
Taught me very valuable customer service skills, but the hours were long and I felt like some of their policies put me in danger. I worked 3rd shift after being with the company for a few weeks. One policy states that if a customer looks drunk you are not allowed to sell them alcohol. One customer wasnt very happy about that and threw his 40 ounce beer at me behind the counter. Overall a decent job to work if you are detail oriented, and fast paced because it can get pretty hectic and busy.
My manager was awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 28, 2016
My manager would get in there and help u all the time i 💘 her but for the amount of work u do the pay should go up circle k is wrong for that. Its non-stop busy and your cleaning taking out trash stocking and helping customers the turn over rate is high in my opinion because they wont pay you to match the work u do oh and no store should ever have only one cashier its to busy for that or they should hire someone for clean up all day also most stores dont have a rug to help while your standing 8-10 a day why?
Pros
My manager was a good one /pay every week
Cons
The pay was ridiculous
amazing job
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 29, 2016
i have a great day seeing all the people i have learned to multitask and become a great customer service representative the manager is amazing she's very nice but strict as well i like my coworkers although i rarely get to see them. the hardest part is multitasking trying to do everything because a lot of people come in there and its hard to help and clean and make coffee and other things
the most enjoyable part is that its fun and i love doing my job...
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks and minimum wage for salary
Redundant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCNovember 19, 2016
Every day I'd stand for 8 hours behind a cash register, the days would go fast but when nighttime fell, everything moved slow and I longed to go home. Circle K was a good for a first job. I enjoyed the co-workers, we soon became friends and would talk like middle school girls, it was nice. The smell of free beard from Subway across the hall was what really kept me sane. There were some bad days were a customer would yell at me and later on, I'd get talked to by my manger and there were some good days where it was storming outside and the store lights came off and we got to close the store and go home. Overall, it was pretty average. But, hey, that's retail.
Pros
$.50 more than miniumum wage
Cons
no breaks
Flexible hours, and great management most of the time.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 8, 2016
I worked for circle k from march 2013- November 2016. For the most part, i loved my time spent here, one manager in particular was amazing to me all the way through, and the opportunity to advance with the company was always there, if interested of course. not many benefits, though i wish i could have taken advantage of the tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Hours were always avalible, weekly pay, management always worked well with employees
Cons
wage was lacking, raises were minimal at best.
A Good Place to Start Gaining Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Paula, CANovember 8, 2016
This wasn't a position I wanted to keep for long and make a career out of, but it did assist in giving me experience in many fields necessary for a workplace. It's fast paced, teaches you to multitask and forces you into some tough situations that require critical thinking and decision making.
Pros
Ability to learn basic workplace knowledge, Works with hours needed.
Cons
Short breaks, Can be frustrating and overly hectic at times, Management changes quite often.
Very productive work environment, steady in and out customer service.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYNovember 11, 2016
A typical day at Circle K is pretty fast from starting off your mornings with your morning crowd of coffee and doughnut eaters, to your IRS lunch crowd who comes in to play lottery alot. Then you start to go into your evening crowd thats when things are much more slower paced and bit relaxed.
Pros
Free Circle K cups including free refills on fountains drinks..
Cons
Short breaks their in between our morning and Lunch rushes.
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUOctober 24, 2016
I always work 80 hrs for two weeks, I learned how to deal with a lot of different kinds of customers, that i handle properly, the management are always checking us and inform us the new policy or seminars to attend to, the hardest part is if we have long line due to pump problem but our customers understand the situation, the most enjoyable moment is if our customers is always coming back and happy to our service.
Pros
We have our free meal
Cons
Sometimes the customers are running away not paying their gas.
Circle K was an awful place of emplyment for me.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHOctober 13, 2016
Circle K is modern day legal slavery. They dont offer benefits nor full time. The max amount of hours you get as a part time worker is 29 hours. But in that 29 hours you get extremely overworked and the stores stay understaffed. You get paid weekly but the pay sucks, especially for the amount of work expected in 1 shift from everyone. There is no over time pay, and holiday pay is a joke. There is no sense of team work because everyone working has an impossibly long list of things to complete before the end of their shift. There is no breaks, and no limits to what you job entails. They take out and add responsibilities as they please.
Cons
Its a fast pace job. Very fun alot to do.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 25, 2016
Circle k is a very fun very fast pace place to work at. Because it is a convienence store it does get messy so there is always something to do. The customers are very dirty so it's up to you to keep store clean and stocked for the customers. Helping the customers was the best part of my day, especially of course the regulars because some of them you really get to know. You meet Alot of nice people. Management was very good very flexible. I do your job and they don't bother you. It is very easy to promote in the job, again it's all up to u. The hardest part of the job is the stocking of the coolers, but it's really not that hard. I really recommend this job.
Pros
The hours you make. The pay.
Cons
No lunches, really just eat when you get a chance.
Under-paid and over-worked
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 10, 2016
I did not like the way things were going with this company. There is no structure. I worked over 9 months before I had a day off. I did however learn a lot about marketing and understanding business from multiple perspectives. The management culture within this company is suffering badly.The only employee who is held accountable is the store manager. This is not a team based operation, even though it suppose to be.The hardest part of the job is not having any support from the management team.
Pros
quarterly bonuses, flexible schedules
Cons
lowest paying company in industry, always understaffed
Management is horrible Pay is horrible and hours are not steady
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAOctober 10, 2016
I would never work here again. I was only receiving two days a week after working a year I received to raises and when minimum wage went up to 10 dollars an hours my raises were taken away and I was making the same amount as a new employee. the assistant manager played favorites and gave all the hours to her friends. I was denied my vacation hours when I tried to use them. all around they do not care about there employees
Cons
everything
It was a fun work place but need more management there.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 17, 2016
All coworks there were amazing one was a little lazy but its ok never saw the manager at all but still a good place to work. Work place stays clean. Has very polite coworkers. Everyone was nice there. Saw amazing customers everyday only had maybe 1 or 2 in a bad mood but didnt let that get to me overall excellent work place.
Pros
Worked with my school scedual
Cons
Had only 3 days on the schedual
Day Of Work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAOctober 6, 2016
The first task that must be done when I come in to work, is breaking the day and gathering all paper work from the day before. Once that's completed I open the safe gather all money and head straight to the office. From there i put all paper work in and prepare deposit, as well as change order. After that is completed I head to the bank; deposit money and bring back the necessary paper work, as well as change fund.
Pros
Close to home, Great Envoirment
Cons
N/A
It's a fun work place, interacting with the customers
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2016
A typical day at work consist of stocking the cooler to ensure customers favorite drinks are available for them. Keeping fresh coffee. Make banks deposit, put invoices into the systems, load the safe, and fixing any problems my customers may have. What I learned how to delegate tasks between employees. My co-worker are there to help me to solve any problems I may have with the job. The hardest part of my job is working 10 hours shift and turn around and work another 8 hours shift in the same day and come back in the morning to work another 10 hours. the most enjoyable at Circle K is enacting with the customers
Pros
free car wash
Cons
over worked
fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 30, 2016
a typical day at work was very fast paced and busy there was always something to do at work. I've learned how to work fast and efficiently I also learned and improved my communication skills. the management there was terrible the manager was very rude and disrespectful. my co-workers are were great awesome to work with fun to be around. the hardest part of my job was when customers would come in all at once and it would be very crowded because we also had to deal with truck drivers. most enjoyable part was talking to customers and being able to meet all my customers needs
Pros
meeting different people, friendly co-workers
Cons
rude manager, no lunch breaks
Fun work place
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2016
The job is great because you get to meet different people on a daily basis. The hardest part is the fear of being robbed after it has already happened. overall I can say my time at my job as been a great learning adventure for me. I feel that I get along great with my co workers and will do anything asked of me when it comes to making sure my job gets done right and in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of my day is making a difference in someone else's day.
Pros
overall staff is great
Cons
someone trying to steal something
Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at circle k is ringing up customers. Stocking product, making sure areas are cleaned. Helping my manager with anything she needs. I've learned a lot like making orders for products, checking invoices in and checking product in. The most challenging part of the job was making sure everything was ordered for the store and we had the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the employees.
A learning experience
Cashier and Food Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work was to make sure everything is up and running correctly. I would train new employees and further my knowledge when situations I knew nothing about came up. I would always handle customer problems and solves issues. I always made customers feel welcomed and appreciated with a warm friendly personality. Being at Circle K I have furthered my knowledge in customer service and how to be a better team member. I learned how to successfully train employees correctly and give them a great start at their jobs. There may have been difficult moments at Circle K but I wouldn't call it " hard ". The most enjoyable part of my job was to be surrounded by my coworkers and to be able to make a customer laugh, smile or just feel better about their day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8