Circle K Employee Reviews

Found 3,331 reviews matching the search
District manager is horrible. And he's a sexist.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockwell, NCSeptember 20, 2017
If your not a male he pays little attention to your needs. I was supposed to get a raise for being a lead cashier and he kept blowing me off and I'd already been working the position for three months. Instead he hires new people more than what people who have been there being loyal.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
It's a pay check
Fast paced environment'
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  University City, MOSeptember 20, 2017
This was a good place to work, The great thing about University City is that businesses cannot sell both alcohol and gas. So, one less headache. The hardest part of the job was working alone for several hours at a time.
Pros
Free refills of soda or coffee, after first purchase.
Cons
No breaks, you are working from clock on to clock off.
Low pay and not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYSeptember 20, 2017
I normally work nights. We have a chore list we have to complete and hand in, we have to record the spoilage of food, and keep track of the lottery. We have to make sure everything is cleaned and stocked. Make sure the customers are happy at all times. I have learned how to problem solve and how to be more professional within the retail industry. The management is okay. They try to do what they can. Sometimes they mess with the schedule with out informing you about it. So I'm constantly having to check the schedule. All the people who work there are very energetic, competitive, and positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and making sure they get what they need to make them happy. The hardest part for me is staying motivated for so little pay. I try to think positively and try to make it through the work week.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
It's a okay job to start off.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
It's okay to get your foot in. Everyone has their own experience with circle k. The job is fast paced. It can be stressful at times. It's alot of bending, lifting and etc.
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Pay
very nice company to work for
clerk (Former Employee) –  Lyndonville, VTSeptember 20, 2017
instead of a check you would receive a check card which you pay was deposited on every week which was convenient, management was nice absolutely loved the location
it was nice
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 20, 2017
it was a new location, just built so it was very clean, great people in a great location, and they provided great hours and really worked with me when it came to school
ed's view
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 19, 2017
a typical day at work is clocking in on time. team working to get the shift duties done. then leaving on time. No limit on good customer service. good management results in a pleasant working atmoshphere which in turn make great customer service posssible.
friendly workplaces are key in any job's strive for growth and stability.
saying goodbye to an awesome end of shift is the hardest part of the job. the most enjoying part is seeing the satisfied customer leave.
bad place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2017
bad place to work they want you to give them a arm and a leg.
pay is horrible.
wouldn't have been a bad place to work if they cared about their employees.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything
wouldnt recommend working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Divernon, ILSeptember 19, 2017
very stressful work enviroment. very little training and no help once you are on your own. hardest part of the job is getting no help upfront with a line of customers out the door. you are required to clean nasty bathrooms. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers.
Ok partime job
CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2017
I initially started out as part time and when they realized i lived across the street they started giving me more and more hours. I left the circle k i was at because the neighborhood is not safe after dark and they felt it was ok to put cabinets on the liquor for safety but had none for the employees. Im ok with the Dont chase Dont confront policy but having to write crime reports for Digorno pizzas every night because the same person came in and took what they wanted was becoming too much especially when the person would come in during the day and speak to management as if nothing happened the night before. Peoples bad A kids would come in and make a mess with the slurpee machines and they wont watch them.
Nice place to work.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I was working there for almost four years with open availability. When they offered me to be an assistant manager, I accepted but no training was ever set up. The job went to another employee who had limited availability. That didn't make sense to me.
Pros
Good with hours.
Cons
Always worked alone.
fast pace work enviroment
customer service / Ast Manager (Former Employee) –  Summitville, INSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Circle K, I had a problem with working nights and weekends. I am a single mom and when I got hired I was told I wouldnt be working nights. That changed and I was.
Pros
hours
Cons
everything
My experience while working at circle k
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Augusta, MSSeptember 18, 2017
Working at circle k tested my limits. Every shift I've worked for the company I was the only person there. After training when I was told that I was going to have to take care of the whole store by myself I over reacted. Over the past 8 months it taught me that I could handle anything as long as I but my mind to it.
Pros
Got along with Management
Cons
Some of the employees always called into work
it was a fun experience. i met new faces everyday & developed a friendship with a few people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2017
i worked the night shift. 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. i worked every night by myself. the first couple hours would fly by but, around 2 or 3 a.m. well that's when it got boring. Every night i met new faces, heard new stories. I was afforded an opportunity to really connect with people from all races & both genders. i absolutely loved that part of the job. i would say that's what i loved the most.
Pros
met many new faces
Cons
no lunch breaks, worked night shifts by myself from the very first day on the job
Its a pretty good company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AZSeptember 18, 2017
Have to like being around and talking to people all day. Some people may yell or steal but you jave to keep your cool and keep the smile and do your best to resolve the issue.
Great Customers Managers could use some help.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Galax, VASeptember 18, 2017
I really enjoyed my job at Circle K! I loved the customers they made my day. The manager was a little shady sometimes it just depended on what jer mood was as to how she was hoping to be toward you that day.
Fun easy work as a customer service rep.
Customer Service Rep. and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Stocking shelves and running the register are a given. Employees change soda boxes in the back so they have to be able to lift 40 pounds or so. Makes coffee and keeps it fresh all day as well as grill items. Maintain cleanliness of the store
Productive and educating place to work with great team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CASeptember 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working at circle k because of the fast paced workload, and the positive feedback and interaction with the customers. The day goes by much faster if I am able to stay moving and not have to stand in one position for an extended amount of time.
Pros
good team work and management, upbeat customers
Cons
irate customers, work overload depending on the efforts of the rest of the team
Bad management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  MaineSeptember 18, 2017
Hostile work environment. Employees try and succeed in getting others fired or to quit. Management favors late, lazy, lackadaisical employees, gives them promotions and raises while good and hard working employees stagnate. Forget getting sick, you're at work or you're gone. No breaks (even for lunches) because they make you sign a waiver stating you giving consent to not receive one. Lots of time spent doing work for others. Lots of days spent split shifting (work your shift and come back in less than 6 hours to cover another full 8-12 hour shift).
super fun
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
People always make my day. And every person you deal with is different. I have a tight bond with my team. Very Fun job, but I didn't get an MBA to be a clerk.
Pros
Free drinks/ people
Cons
slobby people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8