Circles Employee Reviews in United States

Productive at times
Digital Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 9, 2016
My co-workers and I work well with one another. We try to help one another in every way possible. The hardest part of my job is having no work life balance.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
No job security
Customer Service
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 24, 2015
This was a basic call center job. The pay and benefits were decent, but fielding calls all day becomes tedious. The office culture was pretty cool.
Circles was a unique work experience
Call Center Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 23, 2015
The product was fun to work with. Circles had some problems maintaining a structured management. It was very difficult as well maintaining a schedule of 4:30pm - 1am with n rotations on schedules.
Great Company
Onsite & Virtual Concierge (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2015
Circles provided me with great experience and flexibility to be able to work and finish college. Great bosses and wonderful work atmosphere.
Would work for them again
Onsite & Virtual Concierge (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2014
I loved working for Circles. My direct support was always there.
Decent Job
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 7, 2014
Call center job that can be overwhelming and micromanaged. A lot of co-workers complained about the job but I personally never had an issue. Found it very easy to take time off that I needed, pay was great for the type of job it is, and co-workers were all great.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
shorts breaks, micromanaged.
Concierge for American Express= Worst job ever !!!!
Concierge (Former Employee) –  ChelmsfordJuly 17, 2014
Horrible management and hours .You will notice on here that everyone who likes this job is from Burlington , Canada . The Chelmsford site is so poorly run From Tara the Head manager all the way down .
Pros
good insurance, 15.50 @ hr if work past 9pm.
Cons
management is so bad . in this economy the rate of people that quit that job is mind boggling .
Poor Management but good benefits
Concierge (Former Employee) –  ChelmsfordMarch 5, 2014
Benefits are good, however the company is very poorly run Specifically the Leaders of the floor and their managers. They say they will help with schedule changes which is not true, they say change policies and can't even tell you why it is a good thing or if it will work. It used to be fun, but now it is all about number and they do not review the client surveys. People were discharged for bad surveys, yet the surveys were not even about the employee or the issue. The management will constantly dissect all of the calls they deem as bad but will not waste time on the positive calls.
benefits
Cons
everything else especially the management
Incompetent and exploitive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 4, 2014
I was told by one of my managers 2 or 3 times to act more "gay" while I was interacting with customers as to come off more appealing to them. Managers also would huddle together in rooms or on the floor talking about their fantasy sports gambling and other non business related subjects while the members of their team would be very busy and sometimes need their assistance. Company also would let go of people regularly after a short time of employment as to not give raises; being a Sodexo company the practice is not that surprising.
Pros
overtime offered
Cons
management, company practices
Current Tenured Employee
CCP (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 4, 2014
Do not work here. It is the worst job you will ever have. Everything you do is wrong, even if it's right. You will be micro-managed, scrutinized, and expected to meet unattainable goals. There is no work/life balance. If you were in a 10 car pile-up and had to have all of your limbs amputated, they'd expect you to be at work the following day. And if you weren't and you were out of available call-outs, you'd be put on a warning. There are no exceptions for missing a day of work.

You are held accountable for things that are out of your control, constantly fixing other people's mistakes and then blamed for their mishaps. You are rushed to complete work and take another call and then reprimanded because you didn't take enough time to send quality results, or spend enough time on each call.
Trying to get time off is nearly impossible. You need to know one year in advance what dates you need off otherwise you are screwed.

Metrics and goals are constantly changing and you never know what you are trying to attain. The systems are outdated and slow and do not support your work load. I could go on forever.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
everything else
Call Center
Senior Service Professional/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2014
Call Center
Poor Hours
Lack of compensation......................
Mediocre place to work that does not care about its employees
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAFebruary 10, 2014
circles used to be a fun place to work but they are constantly changing policy and rules. They do not work with their employees even though the employee handbook states that they will work with you to accommodate any schedule changes due to health or child care issues which they certainly do not
horrible environment with little to no management support.
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 24, 2014
This is a terrible company with horrible hiring practices. They prefer you to not use the bathroom or leave your desk for anything other than your scheduled breaks, your supervisors aren't there to assist you with anything only to nag you about your daily numbers and the management ignores statistics and trends that go against their "model". The bonuses are pretty good, but they will make up reasons to take them away from you. Good employees get fired or quit all the time
Pros
decent pay and bonuses
Cons
everything else.
Stressful workplace
Customer Care Professional (Concierge) (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 14, 2014
The only part of Circles that is positive is the people that work there. Aside from that the company really has no idea on how to run a business. They fire people rapidly and mostly based on client surveys that we have no control over and most of the time have nothing to do with the representative.
They do not care about employees as the business has become 100% about numbers and not about client care.
Top management has refused to assist employees with "out of week" shift swaps, leaving the employees to either call out or miss important life situations.
There is no feeling of job security nor are there any congratulations on a "job well done".
Pros
co-workers and 5 year anniversary sabbatical
Cons
everything else.
Very fun and busy environment
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 4, 2013
24 hour company taking callls helping clients with all personal things.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and fast paced work environment
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 11, 2013
Circles is a great company to work for. How would I describe a typical day at work? I arrive and log into my phone. I begin speaking with American Express Platinum Card Members about their wants and needs. Some members need assistance in simple tasks such as securing a reservation at a popular Manhattan restaurant, while others need assistance in planning their honeymoons start to finish. It's definitely a job that keeps you on your toes, as each and every call is different.

Management is management. Their job is to keep service levels at and above goal. The hardest part about the job is when there's such a heavy call volume and you're trying to give your time and attention to one specific person. I have always felt it is important. Our company strives to give the best customer experience out there, but when heavy call volume is in progress, it can make it kind of difficult to manage. I just make sure I treat each client to the best of my ability.

My favorite part about this job is the relationships I'm able to form over the phone - as short as they may be. The ability to be able to assist someone in creating a life-long memory makes the job worth it.
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MASeptember 30, 2013
This company is great to work for and I highly suggest applying for the Customer Service Professional Position.
I've worked with a great group of people
Scheduling Analyst, Central Operations (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MASeptember 12, 2013
This has been a great place to enhance my career for almost 10 years now. I've worked with some great people, had some knowledgeable mentors and memorable experiences.
Pros
vacation, sabbatical, benefits
Cons
commuting
Great Bartending Job
Dining Team (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2013
Made excellent money in Boston as a bartender. Good schedule, decent guests, hardcore learning environment. Be prepared for the training!
Customer Service Professional
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 1, 2013
this was a very good job, we worked with clients who were looking for tickets to shows, dining reservations and planning trip itineraries, we were there personal assistants.

2.8