$40 million engineering/manufacturing company in Maple Grove, MN, with multiple international locations and over 200 employees is seeking Purchasing Agent/Buyer. There is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the company’s growth, while gaining valuable personal experience. Fast paced environment with numerous deadlines and priorities
- Purchases and coordinates the procurement of goods and services, such as raw
materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, in support of the
company’s engineering, manufacturing and support operations.
- Prepares purchase orders
- Reviews purchase requisitions.
- Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as
price, quality, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Analyze quotes to determine the best solution with multiple goals.
- Negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services
purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Coordinate the activities related to procurement of materials and supplies to meet
targeted inventory levels, required timeline, quality and total cost objectives
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality
control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take
- Track and expedite purchase orders as needed, keeping all internal and external
customers informed of any materials delays or problems
- Assist engineering, accounting and other departments as necessary to resolve any
issues with suppliers and materials.
Special Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience purchasing in an ERP system environment.
- Experience purchasing electronic components.
- Demonstrated negotiating/cost reduction skills.
- Internet buying that includes searching for alternative products and suppliers.
- Knowledgeable with international purchasing that includes importation requirements
and exchange rates.
- Multi-plant and inter-company transactions experience is a plus.
How to apply/contact
Please send your resume with salary requirements. After application review, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for phone interviews