Circuit Court Employee Reviews

Stable Job and Build Retirement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
Good place to work for individuals who are motivated to be successful and proactive about learning. Employees should be more involved in the development and implementation of processes.
Pros
stable work environment
Cons
Limited input in changes in prcesses
Child Advocacy Program Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Naples FlJuly 25, 2017
I have been volunteering and or held paid court positions working with abused and neglected children since 1990

The program here in Florida is wonderful
Pros
Many resources for the children
Cons
limited use of some resources
Stability
Senior Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 4, 2017
Employer offers benefits, job security, and easy work for anyone with a high school diploma. Pay is mediocre. Management varies by department. Difficult to advance unless someone retires. Most employees are not college-educated. Often disorganized, and many outdated practices. Overall not a hostile environment, but could be a little more welcoming.
Pros
Job security, good benefits, ample breaks/time off
Cons
Outdated atmoshphere
Very fast paced work environment
DEPUTY CLERK / CULPEPER CO (Current Employee) –  Culpeper County, VAMay 15, 2017
We open our doors at 8:30am and are greeting and assisting individuals from that point until 4:30pm (closing). We do a wide variety of duties, from assisting individuals with court records, to recording land records, to pulling court files, and entering orders, scanning, indexing, and even payment plans.
The disorganization is embarrassing.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I took an examination, had an interview and a background check. I was offered a position and I accepted. I thought I would be working at a great place, I was wrong, oh how I was wrong. It was so bad I didn't make it through my 6 month probation period.
Interesting job
29th Circuit Court Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOFebruary 6, 2017
working with the public and always having new things happen on a daily basis always kept you on your toes on not knowing what was going to happen on a typical day at work. Worked on getting a better relationship with Judges, Lawyers and Law Enforcement.
Awesome job
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Solid,mostly easy and routine,job stability,nice coworkers.Lots of red tape and paperwork,but the whole experience(especially in court) is fascinating and the supervisors really want to you succeed.
Pros
Benefits, stability, great pay
Cons
Sometimes lazy coworkers, gossip
Provides job security with good benefits.
Deputy Court Clerk/Judicial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 26, 2016
I have worked for Milwaukee County Clerk of Circuit Court for 16 years. I have learned a lot about the legal system and grown within the Clerk of Circuit Court organization.
Cover letter
Pasco County Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 2, 2016
On a daily basis of reviewing documents submitted by attorney's offices and the public. Also, working at the front counter of the probate department helping customers. I am a hard working individual with good work ethics, on time person.
Great Benefits and Retirement
Family Law Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sumter County, FLMay 18, 2016
Perfect entry level career choice if legal is your desire. Wonderful supervisors as well as Directors. Training may be difficult for newly acquired personnel but this company will invest their time in you and work with you as well as provide a steady, secure position to the right candidate.
nice environment
Office of the Clerk (Former Employee) –  chicagoAugust 23, 2015
great place to work, the best part of all was working with the public, clerk dorothy brown ran a tight ship. excellent customer service skills was a must.
the law division was ran efficiently. and was a very large office consisting of many departments. i was trained to do several jobs including but not limited to, microfilm, case initiation,coding, fee processing, data entry, filing and cashier, after which i was promoted to court clerk...the cross training was valuable..i loved my job.
Pros
great job for public service
Cons
n/a
Interesting place to work
Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 14, 2015
Always something to learn at the Clerk's office. Interesting what you can do and what the customers think you can do. Phones start at 8am and don't end til 5pm sometimes after 5pm. When statutes change and cost of fines and fees, you have to know what charge to apply the fees on. My co-workers were amazing a family away from home, great team we had and built. Nothing was really hard you just have to focus on the task at hand. Most enjoyable part was working with great people.
Pros
Helping customers.
Cons
Suspend a license or sent to jail in error.
Great people, fast paced, high volume
Senior Finance Clerk --- Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 8, 2015
Be able to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment with great people. Very stressful, detail is extremely important. You could not ask for better benefits.
Benefits
Cons
High stress
Busy work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 6, 2015
Plenty of work to be done. Training could be better but if you're a self starter and motivated you'll learn a lot. Job opportunities are growing within entire government umbrella. Learn and move, keep yourself valuable.
Pros
Learn many skills within government
Cons
low pay, training, mgmt
Good experience
Minutes Clerk, Clerk via Express Agency (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 2, 2015
It was a position that taught me the inside workings of a County system. This position also informed me of how different people have different opinions on the same subject.
Pros
Nice hours
work is easy
Senior Deputy Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Markham, IllinoisJanuary 20, 2015
Days are not typical. The work is mostly clerical. I work with the public (face to face), via telephone and through the mail communication. I have learned the policies, procedures and coding related to court cases and legal processes. Managers are team workers where I am located at this time and I respect that. My co-workers are supportive team mates and we have a professional and fun report. The hardest part of my job is reading, responding to, interpreting the client's needs and coordinating forms regarding the mail while answering the phones, delivering files to the courtrooms, data entering and making phone calls to clients and helping my co-workers with less experience without getting overwhelmed. Besides these tasks I work closely with the sheriff's department and I sort documents, file them in the file cases and file the cases on the shelves. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I live five minutes from the building and I can go home for lunch everyday.
Pros
I like working with the public.
Cons
Sometimes I don't get breaks.
Customer service for the public judicial officers intake domestic complaints
Marion Co Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FlDecember 20, 2014
One on One intake for domestic violence intake application, scheduled calendar appointments for court docket. data entry and compiled docket for courts. Insure privacy policy was followed by hiding the top security for the person that was violated.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my time with the clerk of the circuit was the experience. It was my first experience working a real job s othe experience was great.
Great Job Experience
Pinellas County Clerk (Former Employee) –  315 Court Street Clearwater, FLNovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working at the court house in Civil Court Records. I learned how most of the court cases get filed and on record. I also learned how to work in a fast pace moving business environment. The management team always helped out and kept a positive atmosphere in the office. My co workers were pretty cool and as a big team doing all kind of different jobs, we got everything done that we needed to at the end of each day. The most enjoyable part of the day was coming to work. I would go to the desk get the files I needed, and get straight to work.
Pros
The money, working in a cool air conditioned environtment, the people
Cons
No cons I love this job
Workplace environment is friendly and productive
Foreclosure Judicial Sales (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Great Place to work. The only drawback is the cafe, which is overpriced, especially if you forget to bring your lunch. Location is great.