We are an exciting start-up company based in Menlo Park using advanced techniques such as optogenetics, physiology, imaging, and behavior to develop therapies for neurological diseases. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Research Associate who will become a key contributor to our research and development process. This position requires significant lab experience and in vivo expertise. As an active member of a team of researchers, this person will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including animal handling, performing surgeries, planning and assisting with data collection; data analysis; preparation of technical reports and protocols, as well as presenting research results. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing in vivo experiments to obtain proof-of-concept for optogenetic clinical applications.
- Designing and performing experiments that can involve: microinjections in rodents, handling of viral vectors, physiology, histology, confocal microscopy, and data analysis.
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work. This may include designing, performing, and presenting experimental paradigms.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research, neuroscience or animal sciences. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of (3) years of progressively advancing responsibilities and technical experience.
- Significant industry and/or academic lab experience.
- Experience with animals is necessary, including handling, perfusions and dissections.
- In vivo surgical expertise is necessary. Specific experience in microinjections, handling of viral vectors, survival surgeries, and post-operative monitoring is an advantage. General experience in peripheral nervous system physiology, or electrophysiological recordings is also desirable.
- Strong communication skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel.
Indeed - 16 months ago