We are an exciting start-up company based in Menlo Park using advanced technologies such as optogenetics, physiology, imaging, and behavior to develop therapies for neurological diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in managing care, breeding and tracking of transgenic animals to be a key component of our research and development team. This position requires excellent communication, judgment and organizational skills in order to effectively manage a significant and complex workload. We offer a compensation package commensurate with experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Care, maintenance, and management of rodent vivarium.
- Ensuring compliance of all animal biosafety, IACUC, APLAC protocols.
- Interfacing with consulting veterinarian.
- Breeding and genotyping of multiple transgenic lines.
- Setting up, assisting, and performing in vivo procedures.
- Coordinating resources for implementation of animal studies.
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work. This may include designing, performing, and presenting experimental paradigms.
- Assisting in developing new bio-methodologies, writing up SOPs, and implementing changes to existing IACUC protocols as needed.
Intricate knowledge and experience in the following procedures is advantageous: animal injections, dosing, use of viral vectors, necropsy, whole animal perfusion, tissue and organ harvesting and blood collection and animal surgery.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a biomedical or animal science field OR minimum four (4) years related experience in in lieu of degree. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible technical, technically-related administrative experience or animal facility management experience.
- Experience maintaining transgenic colonies
- In vivo surgical expertise desired.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills that enable the individual to interact with all levels of management, technical and scientific personnel.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies, guidelines and regulations that govern the care and use of animals in a research environment.
Indeed - 2 years ago