Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Artistic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2017
Everyone at Cirque Du Soleil is extremely helpful and understanding during your first few months getting to know the company structure. At first the job is very overwhelming, but once you get situated, you feel like you belong.
Pros
Helpful community
Cons
Very Busy
Top Rank
Head Rigger (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2017
Cirque lives on the cutting edge of technology. It was a fun place to work but a bit stressful. Benefits were good. Staying on the same show for too long can make you get a bit stale.
Horrible drama filled scene, managers seem to be above others and DRAMA is overwhelming
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2017
Managers act as if they are above everyone else and above doing simple things to help out the rest of the team. They point out flaws and mistakes in front of other co-workers and 1 penny short in a til and you go onto probation. The other retail associates talk about managers behind their backs and then go to managers and talk about drama.
Basic Temporary gig
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Work consisted of working out of a hot metal box with poor ac during the summer days, short breaks, poor management, but I did learn how to deal with customer issue on spot and consistent salesmen skill. I dreaded working the long hot hours outdoor, but enjoyed pushing myself to over achieve each day better than before.
Cons
short break, outdoor with little ac, troubleshooting
Horrible job over all
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2017
Horrible management, they treat you like children. you get in trouble for talking and the management are rude and around the ages of 20-29 so you cant take them seriously. theres no pay raises or advancement opportunities.
Pros
free tickets to show, and discounts
Cons
poor management, lack of advancement opportunities, and poor pay.
Fun Place to work at
Cahier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
It was a pretty easy job. The managers were always there when you needed help. All my co-workers were friendly and really nice. Sometimes we would have little contests to see who would sell more. There was around 13 registers.
Pros
nice managers, fun place
Cons
always on your feet
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
The staff was amazing! Everyone was so nice and friendly! They cared about everyone's opinion and they never treated anyone bad. Highly recommend working for Cirque du Soleil
Pros
Free merchandise that were damaged
Upbeat, fun envriornment
Usher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2017
One of the best jobs I had. It was fun everyday, upbeat enviorment and ready to work. Loved the performers and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the intoxicated costumers the best was going under that tent and being lost to the real world. Magical.
Pros
The experience
Cons
no benefits
Do you want a fantastic life? Run away with the circus!
NY / Wig and Hair Stylist / ZARKANA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2017
What can I say? This experience changed my life in every way imaginable. It took me out of my small town and gave me the entire world. I am forever grateful for the friends and experience I gained from this grand adventure.
Pros
Travel and working with people from all over the world
Cons
1 day off a week.
Customer satisfaction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Was in charge of making sure customers were helped and satisfied. Accommodated any issues I had authority to over see. Was in charge of counting money in and out of register and occasionally pulling the deposit from my own drawer.
Pros
Met lively people and enjoyed helping others
Cons
Staff was very laid back and didn't do their job at times

Want to know more about Cirque du Soleil?

Ask a question
Great fun place to work.. Would work here again when they return to Miami!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at work is never boring, always fun, cool people, and great management. This is a place where you're guaranteed to learn and meet new people.
Pros
They take care of you as an employee and care.
Cons
Was only for 2 months, they travel all around
best job!!!
USHER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2017
This is one of my best job i worked at super fun my boss and other worker was always nice fun. Work time was fear. I never had a problem just easy fun days at work
Fancy Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ManilaFebruary 23, 2017
Hanging out with all the dancers is a fun way to spend the lunch breaks. Nice owners that feed you all the time and always make sure you are happy.
Pros
Exciting at times
Cons
Boring selling merchandise
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant - Sales Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2016
Great Company to work for and very interesting. Learned many new job skills and new procedures in sales and other departmental information regarding show intertainment.
Pros
Free show tickets
Great opportunity for actors
Performance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2016
I was a part of this Company and i enjoyed every second of it. It is hard work and you always have to be in shape. Sometimes you can face with people who are jealous, sorry but this is tru, but never mind - it is life.
Pros
insurance
Cons
good rest
fun and enrichment place to work
Watdrobe tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
Is a challenge everyday and love to work as a team, I love art and the many skills I learn everyday. I have 30 years of experience in film and Theater.
Dynamic Work enviroment
Athletic Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2016
Over past 7 years my capacity as a Clinician / Athletic Trainer is much more in depth giving me the tools to assess, rehabilitate, and manage injuries of all natures. Typical day is managing work load of artist to minimize injuries, and accommodate their physical restrictions. Apply daily injury prevention measures, and continuously educating artist. Communicating with artistic team of artist well-being and updating them on artist show/training status. Direct Weekly Emergency rescue procedures rehearsals to make sure we are prepared for he unique type of rescue scenarios that could happen in the circus, and every member of teams role is clear and understood in the event of an emergency. Co-workers are the most unique as they get as they come from all corners of the world, and from different walks of life. I have learned from each and every one of them.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of family time
Fun
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
Set up the concession stand. Sold items. Cleaned after wards. I learned how to work in a fast phased environment. The management was impressive. The coworkers were fun and productive. The hardest part of the job was the last day of the circus because we had to pack everything. The most enjoyable part was meeting the talented individuals in the circus.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Temporary porition
Fun under the sun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109April 9, 2016
Fast paced and exciting work environment. Learned many skills wore many hats. Shows are one of a kind just like co-workers.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2016
Very nice an interesting work environment! Get one on one q&a with the circus folks. I love working there. Most enjoyable part was watching the show everyday
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Hot break rooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirque du Soleil. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5