Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
The staff was amazing! Everyone was so nice and friendly! They cared about everyone's opinion and they never treated anyone bad. Highly recommend working for Cirque du Soleil
Pros
Free merchandise that were damaged
Upbeat, fun envriornment
Usher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2017
One of the best jobs I had. It was fun everyday, upbeat enviorment and ready to work. Loved the performers and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the intoxicated costumers the best was going under that tent and being lost to the real world. Magical.
Pros
The experience
Cons
no benefits
Do you want a fantastic life? Run away with the circus!
NY / Wig and Hair Stylist / ZARKANA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2017
What can I say? This experience changed my life in every way imaginable. It took me out of my small town and gave me the entire world. I am forever grateful for the friends and experience I gained from this grand adventure.
Pros
Travel and working with people from all over the world
Cons
1 day off a week.
Customer satisfaction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Was in charge of making sure customers were helped and satisfied. Accommodated any issues I had authority to over see. Was in charge of counting money in and out of register and occasionally pulling the deposit from my own drawer.
Pros
Met lively people and enjoyed helping others
Cons
Staff was very laid back and didn't do their job at times
Great fun place to work.. Would work here again when they return to Miami!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at work is never boring, always fun, cool people, and great management. This is a place where you're guaranteed to learn and meet new people.
Pros
They take care of you as an employee and care.
Cons
Was only for 2 months, they travel all around
best job!!!
USHER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2017
This is one of my best job i worked at super fun my boss and other worker was always nice fun. Work time was fear. I never had a problem just easy fun days at work
Fancy Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ManilaFebruary 23, 2017
Hanging out with all the dancers is a fun way to spend the lunch breaks. Nice owners that feed you all the time and always make sure you are happy.
Pros
Exciting at times
Cons
Boring selling merchandise
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant - Sales Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2016
Great Company to work for and very interesting. Learned many new job skills and new procedures in sales and other departmental information regarding show intertainment.
Pros
Free show tickets
Great opportunity for actors
Performance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2016
I was a part of this Company and i enjoyed every second of it. It is hard work and you always have to be in shape. Sometimes you can face with people who are jealous, sorry but this is tru, but never mind - it is life.
Pros
insurance
Cons
good rest
fun and enrichment place to work
Watdrobe tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
Is a challenge everyday and love to work as a team, I love art and the many skills I learn everyday. I have 30 years of experience in film and Theater.

Want to know more about Cirque du Soleil?

Ask a question
Dynamic Work enviroment
Athletic Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2016
Over past 7 years my capacity as a Clinician / Athletic Trainer is much more in depth giving me the tools to assess, rehabilitate, and manage injuries of all natures. Typical day is managing work load of artist to minimize injuries, and accommodate their physical restrictions. Apply daily injury prevention measures, and continuously educating artist. Communicating with artistic team of artist well-being and updating them on artist show/training status. Direct Weekly Emergency rescue procedures rehearsals to make sure we are prepared for he unique type of rescue scenarios that could happen in the circus, and every member of teams role is clear and understood in the event of an emergency. Co-workers are the most unique as they get as they come from all corners of the world, and from different walks of life. I have learned from each and every one of them.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of family time
Fun
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
Set up the concession stand. Sold items. Cleaned after wards. I learned how to work in a fast phased environment. The management was impressive. The coworkers were fun and productive. The hardest part of the job was the last day of the circus because we had to pack everything. The most enjoyable part was meeting the talented individuals in the circus.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Temporary porition
Fun under the sun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109April 9, 2016
Fast paced and exciting work environment. Learned many skills wore many hats. Shows are one of a kind just like co-workers.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2016
Very nice an interesting work environment! Get one on one q&a with the circus folks. I love working there. Most enjoyable part was watching the show everyday
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Hot break rooms
Such a wonderful experience.
Touring Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 19, 2015
I had the pleasure of travelling with a great group of people. Unfortunately my contract expired and I relocated to Southern New Jersey.
Awesome Job
Security and Usher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2015
I had a great time working for Cirque Du Soleil because I was able to make new friends and I was able to hangout with a few of their performers. I loved touring with them and their Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner is outstanding.
Pros
Staff, The Environment, and the Food
Cons
the weather
I dont remember that much for this job
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCJune 6, 2015
A typical day for this job was really hot.I really didnt gain anything from this job.Management was temp.The co-workers was good.One of the hardesr parts was go from my dishwasher clothes to other clothes to prepare & cut meat in front of guess in V.I.P.The most enjoyable part was waching the empoloyees do the tricks.
Love this job!!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhMay 23, 2015
Great experience! Learned many new things and met good people of whom I am still friends with. You should see the show it is GREAT! I also was promoted at this job so it gives you advancement opportunities to travel with the company.
Touring with Cirque du Soleil is wonderful.
Wardrobe Assistant on Varekai (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2015
Working for Cirque on a tour is much different then a house job. I would load in the wardrobe shop from 2 trucks into a tent, set up shop, then run the show tracks. It was very busy but fulfilling.
Fun to Run Away to the Circus
Co Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 8, 2015
Typical Work Day: Well I was in Charge of maintaining and making sure that my wing bar was set and my bartenders were ready to go. I was also a bartender as well so me and my team had to serve about 10,000$ worth of stock in the time span of 2 hr shifts. After the shift was over my staff and I would stock up what was needed and consolidate and try to reduce waste and get ready for the next day. I would then take my report to the Food & Beverage Supervisor for them to place orders of what I needed.

What I learned: I was able to work behind my first Circus and I was able to practice and develop my speed and accuracy for handling a high volume crowd.

Management: My managers were really great, although I was only in the Beverage Division if the other managers of the Cirque du Soleil Family is like my managers, its no wonder why they have such a successful company.

The Hardest Part: The hardest part of my job was probably attempting to handle irate customers due to our policies and safety guidelines of the fire marshal. Being in Miami the Culture was more I am rich so I can do what I want and even though I follow procedure to let patrons know what the can and cannot due I have no power to enforce that. Also Cirque Du Soleil has a no tipping policy.

The Most Enjoyable: I love the fact that I was working at a face pace environment and it had extremely short rushes which you will never find at a high volume bar. I was able to say I worked for the circus and I got to see so many talented people. Also that the managers really did care and take care of the lower level employees
  more... which you do not see much.

I would have continued with this job but unfortunately it was a contract traveling job and I was not ready to commit to such a journey.
Pros
Free Tickets, Great Management, Fun Environment, Fast Pace, High Volume
Cons
Traveling, No tips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirque du Soleil. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5