Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

I dont remember that much for this job
dishwasher (Former Employee), Washington,DCJune 6, 2015
A typical day for this job was really hot.I really didnt gain anything from this job.Management was temp.The co-workers was good.One of the hardesr parts was go from my dishwasher clothes to other clothes to prepare & cut meat in front of guess in V.I.P.The most enjoyable part was waching the empoloyees do the tricks.
LOVE THIS JOB!!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OhMay 23, 2015
Great experience! Learned many new things and met good people of whom I am still friends with. You should see the show it is GREAT! I also was promoted at this job so it gives you advancement opportunities to travel with the company.
Touring with Cirque du Soleil is wonderful.
Wardrobe Assistant on Varekai (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2015
Working for Cirque on a tour is much different then a house job. I would load in the wardrobe shop from 2 trucks into a tent, set up shop, then run the show tracks. It was very busy but fulfilling.
Fun to Run Away to the Circus
Co Bar Manager (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free tickets, great management, fun environment, fast pace, high volume
Cons: traveling, no tips
Typical Work Day: Well I was in Charge of maintaining and making sure that my wing bar was set and my bartenders were ready to go. I was also a bartender as well so me and my team had to serve about 10,000$ worth of stock in the time span of 2 hr shifts. After the shift was over my staff and I would stock up what was needed and consolidate and try to reduce waste and get ready for the next day. I would then take my report to the Food & Beverage Supervisor for them to place orders of what I needed.

What I learned: I was able to work behind my first Circus and I was able to practice and develop my speed and accuracy for handling a high volume crowd.

Management: My managers were really great, although I was only in the Beverage Division if the other managers of the Cirque du Soleil Family is like my managers, its no wonder why they have such a successful company.

The Hardest Part: The hardest part of my job was probably attempting to handle irate customers due to our policies and safety guidelines of the fire marshal. Being in Miami the Culture was more I am rich so I can do what I want and even though I follow procedure to let patrons know what the can and cannot due I have no power to enforce that. Also Cirque Du Soleil has a no tipping policy.

The Most Enjoyable: I love the fact that I was working at a face pace environment and it had extremely short rushes which you will never find at a high volume bar. I was able to say I worked for the circus and I got to see so many talented people. Also that the managers really did care and take care of the lower level employees which you do not see much.

I would have continued with this job but unfortunately it was a contract traveling job and I was not ready to commit to such a journey.
Resident Performance Medicine Therapist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great hours and job environment
Cons: no cons
Cirque is a great company that cares for its employees and treats them with professionalism and respect. The hours, work load both match the compensation.
great work place but is only temorary
Merchandising clerk (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 18, 2014
i worked here seasonal and wish it was fulltime, company moves around visiting city to city state to state. different shows with the same posistive work experience.
Retail in the Food and Beverage Department
Retail in the Food and Beverage Department (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 12, 2014
This was an extremely fast paced work ethic. We had to prep before the show, make our sales, prep before intermission, and make more sales.
Duties
Artist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
I had the great honor of working for this world respected company.It was hard work of training and pushing yourself to your physical and mental abilities.My management and co-workers were encouraging and inspiring to work with.The greatest reward every night was seeing the audience leaving with a smile.
Exciting
Usher (Former Employee), San PedroAugust 7, 2014
Enjoyed the experience of the Cirque loved meeting new people and helping customers
Awesome Job
Usher (Former Employee), MiamiJuly 1, 2014
Super fun, alot of cleaning but worth it. The best job you can ever have.
Such an Amazing place to Work!
VIP Hostess/Cocktail (Former Employee), BaltimoreMay 14, 2014
Pros: free pair of tickets to see the show, personable staff, amazing atmosphere! the arts and culture of it all! seeing, meeting and greeting politicians, diplomats and other well known persons
Cons: not one!
I worked in The Tapis Rouge VIP Tent and I had an awesome experience! From set up to breakdown and all the fun, greeting and hostessing in between. The management was Fun and Focused. The operation ran so smoothely. The most enjoyable part of the job was the buzz of warm cheer when all the guests were in the tent and having a Great cocktail lounge experience! It was Electric!
I highly recommend working for Cirque at least once in your life
Usher (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaApril 28, 2014
I loved working for Cirque Du Soleil for their production of Totem. The production staff as well as the performers were unbelievably friendly and easy to work with. If I could work for them again, I would.
Energetic and fun
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 15, 2014
Pros: cultural diversity
Cons: temporary position
Everyday was a good day, the performers were always nice and the atmosphere was busy and exciting. The chefs were helpful and patient while they showed me the ropes. The hardest part of the job was working through the language barrier with some of the performers.
Great place to work, wonderful environment
Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 22, 2014
Pros: disney perks, good work environment
Cons: hours were 11 am to 8 pm tuesday thru saturday because of show schedule
I would wake up in the morning jazzed to go to work. I met so many interesting artist/performers that I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Management onsite was hands off and let the employees do what they were good at. They cared about us and showed us by such things as planned outings and parties after the shows. Work was not hard because you enjoyed what you did.
Great place to work with excellent benefits and perks
Finance employee - Finance Department (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 19, 2014
It was truly an honor to work with Cirque du Soleil. Loved the diversity and excitement that is experienced on a daily basis within the company. Made a great group of friends throughout the years working with Cirque and will encourage anyone who has the opportunity work with them to do so.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee), Bloomington,MNFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: watching the show
Cons: short term job
The most enjoyable was being able to watch the show and see new customers expericence the circus.
GREAT PEOPLE WHO ARE VERY MUCH IN TO WHAT THEY DO
Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 16, 2013
Pros: people, experience, wages, friendliness
Cons: hurting feet and full long days, tips
I LIKED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY, I GOT GREAT EXPERIENCE MET NEW PEOPLE AND LEARNED NEW THINGS
Diverse, stimulating, and creative environment
Administrative Assistant, Global Citizenship (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2013
Working at Cirque was one of the highlights in my professional career. The experience was as amazing as one of their shows. The environment fosters creativity and pushes the ordinary into EXTRAordinary.

I can honestly say I enjoyed working with such talented, professional, and culturally diverse people.
FUN ASSIGNMENT
Adecco (Former Employee), ATLANTA GEORGIAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: different people
Cons: show ended didnt last long enough
I ENJOYED THE JOB A LOT IT GAVE ME A CHANCE TO MEET ALL TYPES OF PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.
Fun, but exhausting job! Must be a people person!
Street Team Member (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2013
I worked as a street team member for Cirque this summer, interacting every day with tourists looking to purchase theatre tickets in New York City. Fun job, every day was an adventure, but EXHAUSTING.
Industry