Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews in United States

Dynamic Work enviroment
Athletic Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2016
Over past 7 years my capacity as a Clinician / Athletic Trainer is much more in depth giving me the tools to assess, rehabilitate, and manage injuries of all natures. Typical day is managing work load of artist to minimize injuries, and accommodate their physical restrictions. Apply daily injury prevention measures, and continuously educating artist. Communicating with artistic team of artist well-being and updating them on artist show/training status. Direct Weekly Emergency rescue procedures rehearsals to make sure we are prepared for he unique type of rescue scenarios that could happen in the circus, and every member of teams role is clear and understood in the event of an emergency. Co-workers are the most unique as they get as they come from all corners of the world, and from different walks of life. I have learned from each and every one of them.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of family time
Fun
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2016
Set up the concession stand. Sold items. Cleaned after wards. I learned how to work in a fast phased environment. The management was impressive. The coworkers were fun and productive. The hardest part of the job was the last day of the circus because we had to pack everything. The most enjoyable part was meeting the talented individuals in the circus.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Temporary porition
fun and enrichment place to work
Watdrobe tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
Is a challenge everyday and love to work as a team, I love art and the many skills I learn everyday. I have 30 years of experience in film and Theater.
Fun under the sun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109April 9, 2016
Fast paced and exciting work environment. Learned many skills wore many hats. Shows are one of a kind just like co-workers.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2016
Very nice an interesting work environment! Get one on one q&a with the circus folks. I love working there. Most enjoyable part was watching the show everyday
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Hot break rooms
Resident Performance Medicine Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Cirque is a great company that cares for its employees and treats them with professionalism and respect. The hours, work load both match the compensation.
Pros
great hours and job environment
Cons
no cons
Awesome Job
Security and Usher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2015
I had a great time working for Cirque Du Soleil because I was able to make new friends and I was able to hangout with a few of their performers. I loved touring with them and their Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner is outstanding.
Pros
Staff, The Environment, and the Food
Cons
the weather
Such a wonderful experience.
Touring Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 19, 2015
I had the pleasure of travelling with a great group of people. Unfortunately my contract expired and I relocated to Southern New Jersey.
Simply love it
Organisation and people (Current Employee) –  Montreal, IHQNovember 14, 2012
Fun place to work, Hors du commun!
Motivating work environment, a lot of activities all the year long. During the summer, terrace, BBQ, drinks, beach volley-ball, tons of activities and entertainment. Danse, Yoga, Zumba, Choir, Sports,etc.
2 nice cafeterias, very good variety of meals.
Good benefits and fair pay, very good balance between life and work.
We work for the shows, this is our inspiration.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
I dont remember that much for this job
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCJune 6, 2015
A typical day for this job was really hot.I really didnt gain anything from this job.Management was temp.The co-workers was good.One of the hardesr parts was go from my dishwasher clothes to other clothes to prepare & cut meat in front of guess in V.I.P.The most enjoyable part was waching the empoloyees do the tricks.
Love this job!!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhMay 23, 2015
Great experience! Learned many new things and met good people of whom I am still friends with. You should see the show it is GREAT! I also was promoted at this job so it gives you advancement opportunities to travel with the company.
Such an Amazing place to Work!
VIP Hostess/Cocktail (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreMay 14, 2014
I worked in The Tapis Rouge VIP Tent and I had an awesome experience! From set up to breakdown and all the fun, greeting and hostessing in between. The management was Fun and Focused. The operation ran so smoothely. The most enjoyable part of the job was the buzz of warm cheer when all the guests were in the tent and having a Great cocktail lounge experience! It was Electric!
Pros
free pair of tickets to see the show, personable staff, amazing atmosphere! the arts and culture of it all! seeing, meeting and greeting politicians, diplomats and other well known persons
Cons
not one!
A Gypsy Life Melting Pot.
Wig and Makeup Technician for CDS, ZAIA (Former Employee) –  Macau, China/New York, NYOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work would include: styling the wigs for the show and helping any of the performers with their particular needs, building/maintaining/washing wigs, putting the wigs on the artists, airbrushing, and running show tracks.

I can't even begin to describe the many things that I have learned through this experience, professionally as well as personally. It has been one of the best educators of my life!

The management varied greatly from job to job. Let's just say that I prefer to work with people that are happy.

My co-workers were from every part of the globe. I love them dearly and I still keep in contact with many of them. This was by far the best part of the job, working with such wonderful people. The most difficult part of the job can be the monotony of our daily tasks at times and having only one day off a week.
Pros
the people
Cons
one day off a week.
Great place to work, wonderful environment
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 22, 2014
I would wake up in the morning jazzed to go to work. I met so many interesting artist/performers that I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Management onsite was hands off and let the employees do what they were good at. They cared about us and showed us by such things as planned outings and parties after the shows. Work was not hard because you enjoyed what you did.
Pros
disney perks, good work environment
Cons
hours were 11 am to 8 pm tuesday thru saturday because of show schedule
Fun to Run Away to the Circus
Co Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 8, 2015
Typical Work Day: Well I was in Charge of maintaining and making sure that my wing bar was set and my bartenders were ready to go. I was also a bartender as well so me and my team had to serve about 10,000$ worth of stock in the time span of 2 hr shifts. After the shift was over my staff and I would stock up what was needed and consolidate and try to reduce waste and get ready for the next day. I would then take my report to the Food & Beverage Supervisor for them to place orders of what I needed.

What I learned: I was able to work behind my first Circus and I was able to practice and develop my speed and accuracy for handling a high volume crowd.

Management: My managers were really great, although I was only in the Beverage Division if the other managers of the Cirque du Soleil Family is like my managers, its no wonder why they have such a successful company.

The Hardest Part: The hardest part of my job was probably attempting to handle irate customers due to our policies and safety guidelines of the fire marshal. Being in Miami the Culture was more I am rich so I can do what I want and even though I follow procedure to let patrons know what the can and cannot due I have no power to enforce that. Also Cirque Du Soleil has a no tipping policy.

The Most Enjoyable: I love the fact that I was working at a face pace environment and it had extremely short rushes which you will never find at a high volume bar. I was able to say I worked for the circus and I got to see so many talented people. Also that the managers really did care and take care of the lower level employees which
  more... you do not see much.

I would have continued with this job but unfortunately it was a contract traveling job and I was not ready to commit to such a journey.
Pros
free tickets, great management, fun environment, fast pace, high volume
Cons
traveling, no tips
Diverse, stimulating, and creative environment
Administrative Assistant, Global Citizenship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2013
Working at Cirque was one of the highlights in my professional career. The experience was as amazing as one of their shows. The environment fosters creativity and pushes the ordinary into EXTRAordinary.

I can honestly say I enjoyed working with such talented, professional, and culturally diverse people.
Touring with Cirque du Soleil is wonderful.
Wardrobe Assistant on Varekai (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2015
Working for Cirque on a tour is much different then a house job. I would load in the wardrobe shop from 2 trucks into a tent, set up shop, then run the show tracks. It was very busy but fulfilling.
Duties
Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
I had the great honor of working for this world respected company.It was hard work of training and pushing yourself to your physical and mental abilities.My management and co-workers were encouraging and inspiring to work with.The greatest reward every night was seeing the audience leaving with a smile.
Fun Job At The Cirque Du Soleil
Usher (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDDecember 15, 2012
A Typical Day At Work Was Very Hectic But Fun Directing Guest To There Correct Seats And Making Sure Everything Was Perfect. I Learned How To Provide EXCELLENT Customer Service Because I Worked Very Closely With Peope. I Enjoyed The Show ALOT...The Hardest Part Of My Job Was Cleaning Up The Whole Grand Chapiteau After Each Show. Myy Manangers And Co Workers Were Very Fun And Nice To Work Around,
Pros
free show
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work with excellent benefits and perks
Finance employee - Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMarch 19, 2014
It was truly an honor to work with Cirque du Soleil. Loved the diversity and excitement that is experienced on a daily basis within the company. Made a great group of friends throughout the years working with Cirque and will encourage anyone who has the opportunity work with them to do so.

4.5