Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

Energetic and fun
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 15, 2014
Everyday was a good day, the performers were always nice and the atmosphere was busy and exciting. The chefs were helpful and patient while they showed me the ropes. The hardest part of the job was working through the language barrier with some of the performers.
Pros
cultural diversity
Cons
temporary position
Great place to work, wonderful environment
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 22, 2014
I would wake up in the morning jazzed to go to work. I met so many interesting artist/performers that I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Management onsite was hands off and let the employees do what they were good at. They cared about us and showed us by such things as planned outings and parties after the shows. Work was not hard because you enjoyed what you did.
Pros
Disney perks, Good work environment
Cons
Hours were 11 am to 8 pm Tuesday thru Saturday because of show schedule
Great place to work with excellent benefits and perks
Finance employee - Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMarch 19, 2014
It was truly an honor to work with Cirque du Soleil. Loved the diversity and excitement that is experienced on a daily basis within the company. Made a great group of friends throughout the years working with Cirque and will encourage anyone who has the opportunity work with them to do so.
Fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington,MNFebruary 24, 2014
The most enjoyable was being able to watch the show and see new customers expericence the circus.
Pros
watching the show
Cons
short term job
Creative work environment with great company culture
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2013
I worked with a multicultural group of amazing technicians and performers. We worked together to ensure an amazing performance 10 times a week.
Great people who are very much in to what they do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2013
I liked working for this company, I got great experience met new people and learned new things
Pros
PEOPLE, EXPERIENCE, WAGES, FRIENDLINESS
Cons
HURTING FEET AND FULL LONG DAYS, TIPS
Diverse, stimulating, and creative environment
Administrative Assistant, Global Citizenship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2013
Working at Cirque was one of the highlights in my professional career. The experience was as amazing as one of their shows. The environment fosters creativity and pushes the ordinary into EXTRAordinary.

I can honestly say I enjoyed working with such talented, professional, and culturally diverse people.
Fun assignment
Adecco (Former Employee) –  ATLANTA GEORGIAMarch 25, 2013
I enjoyed the job a lot it gave me a chance to meet all types of people from all over the world.
Pros
different people
Cons
show ended didnt last long enough
Fun, but exhausting job! Must be a people person!
Street Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2013
I worked as a street team member for Cirque this summer, interacting every day with tourists looking to purchase theatre tickets in New York City. Fun job, every day was an adventure, but EXHAUSTING.
Fun face paced environment with great diversity
Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2013
The cast and crew at CDS are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I felt welcome from the moment I started. The hardest part of my job at CDS was overcoming the difficulty I faced when moving heavier objects. During my time I learned self control is key to better manage my time.
Cons
employee cafeteria
The Cirque Life
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 4, 2013
Great place to work, always an adventure. The artists are the best at what they do. Management works well with everyone.
Pros
everything
Cons
stability
fun fun fun!
intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 19, 2012
I enjoyed watching shows come together and seeing members of the crew establish new relationships with each other. Definitely a lot of work.
Fun Job At The Cirque Du Soleil
Usher (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDDecember 15, 2012
A Typical Day At Work Was Very Hectic But Fun Directing Guest To There Correct Seats And Making Sure Everything Was Perfect. I Learned How To Provide EXCELLENT Customer Service Because I Worked Very Closely With Peope. I Enjoyed The Show ALOT...The Hardest Part Of My Job Was Cleaning Up The Whole Grand Chapiteau After Each Show. Myy Manangers And Co Workers Were Very Fun And Nice To Work Around,
Pros
free show
Cons
short breaks
Best Opportunity Of My Life
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 5, 2012
This was a contract job that I got called to do. I loved it! I got paid for the job and tickets for the show. I will always remember this.
Pros
very organized
fun place to work
OXEN HILL, MD (Former Employee) –  oxen hillDecember 2, 2012
cashier,take orders,stock shelves, clean floors, balance draw
Pros
over time
Cons
3 breaks
Simply love it
Organisation and people (Current Employee) –  Montreal, IHQNovember 14, 2012
Fun place to work, Hors du commun!
Motivating work environment, a lot of activities all the year long. During the summer, terrace, BBQ, drinks, beach volley-ball, tons of activities and entertainment. Danse, Yoga, Zumba, Choir, Sports,etc.
2 nice cafeterias, very good variety of meals.
Good benefits and fair pay, very good balance between life and work.
We work for the shows, this is our inspiration.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
A Gypsy Life Melting Pot.
Wig and Makeup Technician for CDS, ZAIA (Former Employee) –  Macau, China/New York, NYOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work would include: styling the wigs for the show and helping any of the performers with their particular needs, building/maintaining/washing wigs, putting the wigs on the artists, airbrushing, and running show tracks.

I can't even begin to describe the many things that I have learned through this experience, professionally as well as personally. It has been one of the best educators of my life!

The management varied greatly from job to job. Let's just say that I prefer to work with people that are happy.

My co-workers were from every part of the globe. I love them dearly and I still keep in contact with many of them. This was by far the best part of the job, working with such wonderful people. The most difficult part of the job can be the monotony of our daily tasks at times and having only one day off a week.
Pros
the people
Cons
one day off a week.
great place to work
CSA/Bartender (Former Employee) –  temple hills, MDMay 31, 2012
It was a fun place to work, it was a family atmosphere with fun times good food
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
There really is a ping pong table.
Usher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2012
There is a ping pong table and a fun atmosphere. I had a supervisor that was a shemeless hipocrit and a micro-manager.
Pros
ping pong table and fun atmosphere.
Cons
supervisor was a micro-manager
I have traveled extensively with this company for almost 10 years.
Musician (Former Employee) –  InternationalNovember 18, 2011
I have been the benefit of a very unique experience that has taken me around the world multiple times. I have generated contacts and networks with people and companies I would have never met otherwise. I only leave the company at this time due to a desire to be more of a stable figure within my home and community.