Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil Employer Reviews

fun place to work
OXEN HILL, MD (Former Employee), oxen hillDecember 2, 2012
Pros: over time
Cons: 3 breaks
cashier,take orders,stock shelves, clean floors, balance draw
Simply love it
Organisation and people (Current Employee), Montreal, IHQNovember 14, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Fun place to work, Hors du commun!
Motivating work environment, a lot of activities all the year long. During the summer, terrace, BBQ, drinks, beach volley-ball, tons of activities and entertainment. Danse, Yoga, Zumba, Choir, Sports,etc.
2 nice cafeterias, very good variety of meals.
Good benefits and fair pay, very good balance between life and work.
We – more... work for the shows, this is our inspiration. – less
A Gypsy Life Melting Pot.
Wig and Makeup Technician for CDS, ZAIA (Former Employee), Macau, China/New York, NYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: one day off a week.
A typical day at work would include: styling the wigs for the show and helping any of the performers with their particular needs, building/maintaining/washing wigs, putting the wigs on the artists, airbrushing, and running show tracks.

I can't even begin to describe the many things that I have learned through this experience, professionally as well – more... as personally. It has been one of the best educators of my life!

The management varied greatly from job to job. Let's just say that I prefer to work with people that are happy.

My co-workers were from every part of the globe. I love them dearly and I still keep in contact with many of them. This was by far the best part of the job, working with such wonderful people. The most difficult part of the job can be the monotony of our daily tasks at times and having only one day off a week. – less
great place to work
CSA/Bartender (Former Employee), temple hills, MDMay 31, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It was a fun place to work, it was a family atmosphere with fun times good food
There really is a ping pong table.
Usher (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2012
Pros: ping pong table and fun atmosphere.
Cons: supervisor was a micro-manager
There is a ping pong table and a fun atmosphere. I had a supervisor that was a shemeless hipocrit and a micro-manager.
I have traveled extensively with this company for almost 10 years.
Musician (Former Employee), InternationalNovember 18, 2011
I have been the benefit of a very unique experience that has taken me around the world multiple times. I have generated contacts and networks with people and companies I would have never met otherwise. I only leave the company at this time due to a desire to be more of a stable figure within my home and community.
Cirque du Soleil
Global Citizenship Director - Asia Pacific (Former Employee), JPCNovember 11, 2014
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) service of Cirque du Soleil. Exciting but challenging place to work.
Unlike any Job
Artistic Manager (Former Employee), 2 years north america, 3 years europe and asiaSeptember 4, 2014
Every week i would be in a new city. Cirque du Soleil would have us in the best hotels and in the best parts of the city. The owner believes if we put them in motel 6, then we must expect motel 6 performances. Each week we would do anywhere from 8-10 performances and 2-3 practices. Typically I would wake up, take a shuttle to the arena where we would – more... have catered meals. My team would practice to make sure all technical aspects are show ready. Then the performance. As the manager of my team I was responsible for facilitating practices, and to deal with any and all issues. The most difficult aspect of the job other than the physical intensity was making sure every team mate was satisfied, which was difficult. my team consisted of 3 Russians, a Brazilian, 3 Ukrainians, 2 American, 1 Frenchman, and 1 Chinese guy. Obviously this language and cultural differences proved challenging. However it always worked out. Co workers were some of the most interesting people in the world and the entire company was managed very well. I loved most the travel and the creative flexibility I had with my act. It was nice knowing they trusted me to bring results, and I did every time. – less
productuve and fun working environment
Tapis Rouge Host (Former Employee), TaipeiMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free desserts, interesting work
Cons: old cleaning aquipments
At work, we are responsible for all events in the VIP tent outside catering, such as ticket, prepare a small gift, a clean environment, Baggage storage, VIP reception…etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers, we get along very much, we had lots of fun and often make jokes on each other. On the other hand, the hardest part of the job – more... was sometimes we recieve difficult custermers. – less
Many different learnings
Host (Former Employee), BrasiliaFebruary 15, 2014
Working in Cirque Du Soleil as Host was very productive and self-growing experience since I had a chance to learn about marketing, public selling, entertainment industry, etc.
GREAT COMPANY
ACTRESS (Former Employee), Québec, QCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: competitive and good mathers
Cons: nothing
GOOD COMPANY, GREAT ARTISTS, EXCELLENT INSTALATIONS, FUN AND GREAT COMPAINS
Pleasurable job
Team Leader (Former Employee), SpainMarch 2, 2013
In the workplace, we had to control the stock as well as promoting the sales. Specifically, in my position as Team Leader I had to deal with any issue which could arise within the team or with any costumer. Also, I had report everyday the amount sales and the stock left. I was responsible for the deliveries too.
Great company to work for
Administrative Technician - « Fly-In » Management (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: flex-hours / compressed work week
Worked in a great environment with a fantastic team. Was a laid-back and casual atmosphere, nonetheless, we all took our jobs very seriously while managing more than 6 traveling shows around the world.
Unforgettable experience at Cirque du Soleil
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2013
I have been working for Cirque as a project coordinator for over a year. I must admit this was my greatest professional experience where I combined my passion for planning/coordinating with the most stimulating environment. Implementing Concur travel& expense system and coordinating (and leading) other financial projects, not only made me grow as a – more... professional, but also made me realize that without my passion for cirque, the results would not be the same. – less
Exciting and fun workplace at the circus
VIP Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: free food, great people, great show
Cons: sore feet at the end of the day
A typical day at work required preparing leaving home early. By the time I get to work I would meet up with my coworkers along the way. we would meet our supervisor and debrief before the shift started. During the shift we would prepare merchandise, clean and review the specifics about the different clients that would be in each section. As the tent – more... opens all guests would be greated with a smile and given and lanyard. We would answer questions about the tent and circus and make sure each participant was happy.

I learned a lot about professionalism and timing. I always had to have a smile on my face even if my day was not going so well. In the end it was great though. I met alot of great people and I am still friends with a few of my co-wokers.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with my shoes. They weren't the best shoes but at the time I couldn't afford new ones, but I made the best of it.

The best part of the show was meeting new people and seeing the show. – less
Top Management In Quality Corporate Environments
Public Service Director, Europe/Asia/South America (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 2, 2013
Multi- Tasking in variety of fields environments and countries
Fun with performers
Usher/Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2012
amazing experience, seeing how the acrobats did their stunts
Pleasure work with people,take great experience and enjoy my time at work
Artist-Strength Conditioning Coach in Saltimbanco (Former Employee), Montreal,CanadaNovember 6, 2012
day at work follow my schedule
the best ways how to work better
manage and communicate are to important rules
work in a team
be aware about everything around!!!Crazy life is in Arena Tour Show
work with people from different countries and of all ages, from different background
An exciting and stimulating workplace!
Administrative Technician (Current Employee), Montreal, QCNovember 6, 2012
Pros: cafeteria food, employee activities, working conditions
Cons: far from my home :(
Working here has been the best opportunity I’ve been given. Although no job is totally perfect, this one is close! The ambiance in the office is friendly and outgoing , they amuse the employees with entertaining activities for all tastes and ages almost every week. Working in this creative environment has been a great experience so far and I hope to – more... enjoy it for years to come! – less
Fast paced but fun.
VIP Host (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2012
Pros: getting to meet & talk to tons of people, from all over the world. good hours & getting paid weekly. gaining experience with hospitality work.
Cons: that cirque only stays in calgary for a month, every one or two years.
The 'Tapis Rouge' tent is the 'VIP' tent at Cirque Du Soleil; people pay allot of extra money just to experience it. There's five star food & five star service. But we only had a certain amount of time to get everything ready in between shows & breaks so it was definitely one of the most fast paced environments I've ever worked in. My managers were – more... great, they knew exactly what to do to make everything perfect even with the little amount of time they had to put it all together. But all in all it was an awesome experience. – less

About Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil ("Circus of the Sun") is a Canadian entertainment company, self-described as a "dramatic mix of – Read more

Cirque du Soleil Photos