Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil Employer Reviews

An exciting and stimulating workplace!
Administrative Technician (Current Employee), Montreal, QCNovember 6, 2012
Pros: cafeteria food, employee activities, working conditions
Cons: far from my home :(
Working here has been the best opportunity I’ve been given. Although no job is totally perfect, this one is close! The ambiance in the office is friendly and outgoing , they amuse the employees with entertaining activities for all tastes and ages almost every week. Working in this creative environment has been a great experience so far and I hope to – more... enjoy it for years to come! – less
A Gypsy Life Melting Pot.
Wig and Makeup Technician for CDS, ZAIA (Former Employee), Macau, China/New York, NYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: one day off a week.
A typical day at work would include: styling the wigs for the show and helping any of the performers with their particular needs, building/maintaining/washing wigs, putting the wigs on the artists, airbrushing, and running show tracks.

I can't even begin to describe the many things that I have learned through this experience, professionally as well – more... as personally. It has been one of the best educators of my life!

The management varied greatly from job to job. Let's just say that I prefer to work with people that are happy.

My co-workers were from every part of the globe. I love them dearly and I still keep in contact with many of them. This was by far the best part of the job, working with such wonderful people. The most difficult part of the job can be the monotony of our daily tasks at times and having only one day off a week. – less
great place to work
CSA/Bartender (Former Employee), temple hills, MDMay 31, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
It was a fun place to work, it was a family atmosphere with fun times good food
fun to work at and great expirience
Character / Clown / Coach (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 23, 2012
i got a chance to see most of the world , great pay and easy to save money , charter planes take us to our destinations and hotel are 4star.. and i met tons of people and made lots of friends.
There really is a ping pong table.
Usher (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2012
Pros: ping pong table and fun atmosphere.
Cons: supervisor was a micro-manager
There is a ping pong table and a fun atmosphere. I had a supervisor that was a shemeless hipocrit and a micro-manager.
I have traveled extensively with this company for almost 10 years.
Musician (Former Employee), InternationalNovember 18, 2011
I have been the benefit of a very unique experience that has taken me around the world multiple times. I have generated contacts and networks with people and companies I would have never met otherwise. I only leave the company at this time due to a desire to be more of a stable figure within my home and community.
productuve and fun working environment
Tapis Rouge Host (Former Employee), TaipeiMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free desserts, interesting work
Cons: old cleaning aquipments
At work, we are responsible for all events in the VIP tent outside catering, such as ticket, prepare a small gift, a clean environment, Baggage storage, VIP reception…etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers, we get along very much, we had lots of fun and often make jokes on each other. On the other hand, the hardest part of the job – more... was sometimes we recieve difficult custermers. – less
Many different learnings
Host (Former Employee), BrasiliaFebruary 15, 2014
Working in Cirque Du Soleil as Host was very productive and self-growing experience since I had a chance to learn about marketing, public selling, entertainment industry, etc.
GREAT COMPANY
ACTRESS (Former Employee), Québec, QCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: competitive and good mathers
Cons: nothing
GOOD COMPANY, GREAT ARTISTS, EXCELLENT INSTALATIONS, FUN AND GREAT COMPAINS
Pleasurable job
Team Leader (Former Employee), SpainMarch 2, 2013
In the workplace, we had to control the stock as well as promoting the sales. Specifically, in my position as Team Leader I had to deal with any issue which could arise within the team or with any costumer. Also, I had report everyday the amount sales and the stock left. I was responsible for the deliveries too.
Great company to work for
Administrative Technician - « Fly-In » Management (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: flex-hours / compressed work week
Worked in a great environment with a fantastic team. Was a laid-back and casual atmosphere, nonetheless, we all took our jobs very seriously while managing more than 6 traveling shows around the world.
Unforgettable experience at Cirque du Soleil
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2013
I have been working for Cirque as a project coordinator for over a year. I must admit this was my greatest professional experience where I combined my passion for planning/coordinating with the most stimulating environment. Implementing Concur travel& expense system and coordinating (and leading) other financial projects, not only made me grow as a – more... professional, but also made me realize that without my passion for cirque, the results would not be the same. – less
Exciting and fun workplace at the circus
VIP Hostess (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: free food, great people, great show
Cons: sore feet at the end of the day
A typical day at work required preparing leaving home early. By the time I get to work I would meet up with my coworkers along the way. we would meet our supervisor and debrief before the shift started. During the shift we would prepare merchandise, clean and review the specifics about the different clients that would be in each section. As the tent – more... opens all guests would be greated with a smile and given and lanyard. We would answer questions about the tent and circus and make sure each participant was happy.

I learned a lot about professionalism and timing. I always had to have a smile on my face even if my day was not going so well. In the end it was great though. I met alot of great people and I am still friends with a few of my co-wokers.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with my shoes. They weren't the best shoes but at the time I couldn't afford new ones, but I made the best of it.

The best part of the show was meeting new people and seeing the show. – less
Fun with performers
Usher/Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2012
amazing experience, seeing how the acrobats did their stunts
Fast paced but fun.
VIP Host (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2012
Pros: getting to meet & talk to tons of people, from all over the world. good hours & getting paid weekly. gaining experience with hospitality work.
Cons: that cirque only stays in calgary for a month, every one or two years.
The 'Tapis Rouge' tent is the 'VIP' tent at Cirque Du Soleil; people pay allot of extra money just to experience it. There's five star food & five star service. But we only had a certain amount of time to get everything ready in between shows & breaks so it was definitely one of the most fast paced environments I've ever worked in. My managers were – more... great, they knew exactly what to do to make everything perfect even with the little amount of time they had to put it all together. But all in all it was an awesome experience. – less
Good job, fun and comfortable work environment. Not much possibility for advancement since they mostly hire temps.
Gestionnaire d'inventaires de tournée - Web (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCJuly 13, 2012
Pros: fair salary, friendly work environment, employee morale condusive to productivity.
Working at CDS was great, management trusts it's employees to
work without supervision, the stress level is very low, yet everyone
is productive and gets the job done efficiently. Friendly co-workers
and bosses alike.
Agradavel de trabalhar
Vendas Bilheteria- Trabalho Temporário (Former Employee), Curitiba, PRJuly 10, 2014
Pros: trabalho simples
Cons: ser temporário
Trabalho simples, e fácil de realizar, porém necessitava atenção pois mexia com quantidades grandes de dinheiro e documentação.
Environnement de travail agréable
Adjointe administrative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: billets gratuits
Place à l'initiative
Directrice ouverte à l'écoute et la communication
Défis de taille
Coordination d'évènements
Équipe dynamique
La magie perdu
costumes (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: avantage sociaux, communauté avec les collègues, l'ambiance créative, la culture de l'entreprise
Cons: management, sécurité d'emploi, certaines conditions de travail considérant les revenu de l'entreprise
Étant une fan du Cirque du Soleil depuis mon enfance, je rêvais de faire partie de cette entreprise. Qu'elle fut le bonheur en février 2004 d'être enfin parmi eux. J'ai passé de très belle année parmi eux, malgré quelques accrochages que l'ont retrouve dans tout les milieux de travail.
Malheureusement, l'année 2012 et 2013 ont été pour moi source de – more... tristesse, de déchirement, de déception... J'aime encore la communauté de collègue qui se donne corps et âmes, avec toute leur passion, pour éblouir les gens et donner de la magie au spectateurs l'espace d'un soir. Malgré tout, ceux qui la dirige ont maintenant trop d'intérêt vers le profit plutôt que leur employé et leur client...le tour de magie est maintenant un peu moins spectaculaire derrière le rideau. – less
Environnement de travail stimulant et agréable
Superviseure (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: flexibilité des horaires de travail
Entreprise très stimulante par ses divers projets et sa culture.

About Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil ("Circus of the Sun") is a Canadian entertainment company, self-described as a "dramatic mix of – Read more

Cirque du Soleil Photos