Cirrus Aircraft Employee Reviews

People are nice, management not so great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Minnesota nice work great for this company. While management care more about their career and benefit than the company and employee's wellbeing. Good discount to learn to be a pilot.
Lots of mandatory OT
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 21, 2017
At first Fridays were optional. Now they are mandatory and write you up if you need time off. I dont recommend this place if you have children, or want any time during the week to socialize because after your 10.5+ hr shift your are exhausted. Average work week is 50 hrs. Not being well staffed is an issue. Management seems to be chosen by friendships and who knows who. Not whose most qualified. The weekly part goals are impossible to beat in four days so no matter how hard you work, you dont get your fridays off. I had a lot of pride starting out there. Moral slipped with new management choices and lack of advancement options. Its a decent rebound job if you need to make quick cash. High turnover.
Pros
Hard working coworkers, team atmosphere
Cons
Hours, unbeatable goals, management
not a nice place
Assembler-Jet Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 10, 2017
was a most unpleasant place to work had a very useless supervisor and people to help you learn the job from were unfriendly and vulgar. clean but treated you like you were a piece of scum
Used to be a great place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 1, 2017
The job was interesting. I enjoyed the work most of the time. A lot of good people there but also some not so great people. There's a high turnover rate there which I think speaks for itself.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Some management
Decent place to work with decent benefits
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 28, 2017
It was nice to work in a manufacturing place with so many other women. It felt like a very safe environment - mentally and physically. The benefits were good.
Pros
Occasional bonus days off, plenty of break time during a shift, good benefits
Cons
Plant closure's requiring vacation time
work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 24, 2017
They are just OK, the pay does not pay the rent to live in Duluth for most of the labor force. Management is average pay at best. They promote family well where bonus are free lunches. For a major company in Duluth, their involvement with any arts, non profits or cultural events in the Duluth area is non-existences.
Pros
they train well, with good overview
Cons
not enough staff, no bonuses for most workers.
Not a bad place to start a work career, but should be better.
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 4, 2017
Fantastic people with a fairly clean work environment. Not bad hours, but the pay could be better. high employee turnover and the health insurance could be much better. Fun job to watch people building jets and plains. Seems to be a lot of managers, directors and V. P.'s for the size of the operation. I would recommend the place if you are starting out, or on the rebound.
Pros
People and culture.
Cons
Insuranse and wages.
Cirrus
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 25, 2017
Everyone is friendly and hard working. Is very dusty in the shop do to all the sanding we do. You have to work very fast. We had 6 hour tack time to finish are work
Pros
good pay and fun
Cons
it can get very hard sometimes
No fun, to sucks up all your free time
Mold Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 3, 2017
Place sucks, and they lie to you. Was told going in that Friday's were not mandatory. But ended up working almost every Friday. Working my butt off to get the supply done by working 50-60 hours a week. And they have no appreciation to you for it.
Good Company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 9, 2017
I was a contract employee, but I have no complaints about this company and would work for them again if they needed me. My direct manager is a wonderful lady and was a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
Cold weather
Good company.
Body Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 9, 2017
Lots of trades to learn. Good pay. Good place to work and take pride in what your doing. It's nice knowing what your building could one day save someone's life
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough room or people
Unproductive - too many managers
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 4, 2017
You would think that an aircraft manufacturing company would be process driven, nope.. I would say every aircraft is built differently than the air craft before and after. Zero process - zero repeatability. Cirrus doesn't work smart, they throw labor at issues then when they miss schedule for the 10th time, they yell at the production workers. Cirrus has way too many managers, they do not work as a team at all. I know of a director that would cry everyday because she had know idea what she was doing.. Not a clue!

Cirrus should listen to the employees that have worked for world class companies in the past. Learn how to implement modern manufacturing methods. Validate the different systems. The "good ole boy" culture is really bringing Cirrus down..
Pros
4 day weeks, but that went away too
Cons
Pretty much everything.. If you are young, it will be ok. If you are experienced, Cirrus will drive you nuts
Great people
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 28, 2017
This place was just a rebound job but I am glad it happened. I did learn a lot of new stuff for personal jets. Their training department is unlike any world class factory. Management is actually really friendly but no one likes them anyways. All the people I worked with were great. I am not a huge fan of the hazardous chemicals which they make sure you are aware of all the hazards.
Pros
People, training, extra hours
Cons
pay, benefits
Great Place to start...
Experimental Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 24, 2017
Manufacturing jobs here are a source of steady income. However, benefits are slow to reach you, pay is nearly half as much as the national median average for aviation technicians, and the ability to negotiate pay/salary is very limited.

Workplace culture is excellent.

Benefits are so-so.

It can be difficult to stomach the company quarterly meetings while you just barely earn a minimum wage and watch somebody else reap all the rewards.

Otherwise, its a JOB. I wouldn't bet on making a career out of this place since the pay/benefits elsewhere are way better.
Pros
Great work environment, steady hours, good place to start
Cons
Very low (aviation) pay compared to industry average.
Great People and Exciting Place to Work
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 21, 2017
I learned a lot in my 3 months as an Intern here. They made a point to try to get the interns exposed to as many different operations and projects as possible which was great!
Production
Trim and drill tech (Current Employee) –  GrandforksJanuary 27, 2017
It's ok place to work.. 10 hrs 4 days a week but always end up working a day off gets old after a bit good ppl to work with and clean surrounding
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 18, 2016
The only reason the I left was due to a department (ICON) lay off. I am currently trying to get back. Great environment, good people. Just a great place to work.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Too many meetings.
A good place to work with good managers and even better coworkers.
Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 5, 2016
On an average day the job would comprise of myself and a coworker maintianing and fixing the tools used for the layup of an experimental aircraft. My coworkers turned into some of my best friends whom I still talk to to this day. I learned how to lead a team of 12 on expensive tool builds as well. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from some management but at the same time one of the most enjoyable was that they were down to earth with the expectations they had for us.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome coworkers, great communication from management.
Cons
Having to be up so early, sometimes communication would be lacking from managment
Management has unrealistic expectations
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 26, 2016
The solution to every problem here is work more hours. This causes us to lose resources which aren't replaced causing the downward spiral to continue.
Pros
Challenging engineering work
Cons
Expected to give up your life for work
Tough but tougher
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 3, 2016
Starts out tough and squeezes from there. Great people, great products, poor management. Onboarding process is by-in-large learn by doing.