Cirrus Logic Employee Reviews

One of the best companies I worked for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2017
One of the best companies I worked for! Work was challenging and fun. Coworkers form a good team. Excellent benefits like parties, happy hour, and fitness classes. Loved it.
Cirrus Logic is a great place to work.
Staff Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2017
The company takes real good care of their employees. 150 characters is not enough to describe the perks for working at Cirrus. A few perks are free tickets to austin city limits, schlitterbahn water park, iPads for Christmas, and many more.
Productive and fun work place
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 29, 2017
This is a company that cared for its employees. Busy but stress free work atmosphere. Management personal (mostly) were excellent. Workplace culture was inviting and friendly.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Productive, laid back and fun place to work
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2016
Cirrus Logic is one of the best companies I have worked for, and is consistently ranked high in the GPTW survey 3 years in a row. Work hard during the week and enjoy a beer at the end of Friday with your colleagues. Executive management does a good job of keeping up employee morale, share profits etc. The CEO and his team have done a great job in steering this company in the right direction and it is definitely poised for many years of consistent growth in the Audio market.
Pros
Free beer and wine on Friday afternoons
Excellent place to work
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work with an excellent work life balance. Great use of technology with a wide variety of talent and skill sets across the board. Very well designed and highly tuned open source (Linux) environment.
Fun, young company
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2015
Cirrus offers a lot to there employees, concerts, guitar lessons, fitness classes like Zumba. Is a good place to learn and build a career.
Pros
Flex schedule, location, people
Cons
Stressful at times.
Outstanding work environment
Applications Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2015
This was the perfect job! I loved every work day and the people around me made it ideal for anyone. Had there not have been a massive layoff, I'm sure I'd still be there.
Pros
Concerts, no time clock, no micromanaging
Cons
No direct interaction with supervisors. Huge lay off
Productive fun work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2015
I loved working at Cirrus Logic! We worked hard and played hard. My co-workers were absolutely amazing, hardworking people. The hardest part of my job was when the company closed its Tucson facility and most of us got laid off.
Pros
ping pong table and pool table
average company
Sr. Product Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2015
I left CRUS in 2008, and the company has evolved into mostly an Apple supplier which I believe is about 80% of their business now. While I worked there, the company was not managed well and had frequent layoffs which I had been warned about. I enjoyed working there while it lasted because the working environment was challenging but relaxed. On one Thursday every month, the company would have a party with life music and beer. The pay was average and the benefits slightly below average. CRUS gave above average amounts of stock options that always stayed under water, however.
Pros
relaxed work environment, decent pay
Cons
stock options instead of RSUs, company not diversified
Highly sought after place to work
Engineering/Validation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mixed Signal Audio - ValidationApril 1, 2015
Unfortunately, sometime within the 3 years I've worked here, the company culture has become factionalized. Overall Cirrus is a great place to work. It's just the department I work in, is rife with certain people that like to constantly talk about people behind their backs, and always pointing out the faults of others while pounding their own chest as if they're the only ones in the company that has a clue. I've only received 1 yearly pay increase of the three years I've been with Cirrus. The prior year for me not getting an increase was because they fired my manager shortly before my yearly review was due. And this year I was passed up on getting a pay increase, because my new manager's lone decision was based on his opinion that we weren't on the same level and didn't see eye to eye. Even though all my key review area's had a 5 of 5 rating. Even my peer reviews were stellar.
Pros
Great company overall, excellent perks, and located downtown Austin on 6th street.
Cons
You may be one of the unlucky people, to get placed in a certain department that's detrimental to your career.
We are the #1 Best Company to work for in Texas!
Electronics Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2014
I am a happy camper. I have learned so much while working here at Cirrus Logic. Experience that I will always carry with me. The work environment is unlike any other that I've experienced. It will definitely be hard to top.
Pros
Concerts, Beer, flexible schedule, relaxed dress code, ACL/SXSW passes, F1 passes, best in class treatment of employees
Fast Paced
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2014
Worked under 6 VPs. Hiring, Performance improvement, General HR, termination, salary.
Enjoy working for this company
Shipping & Receiving Dock (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 23, 2014
I learned a lot from this company. This was my best job to work for.
Ok Place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2013
not a great place to work..expected you to change hours days and shifts on no given notice, expected you to work 16 hour days with no notice..then when theres no work expects you to take vacation.
90 percent of their bussiness is dumped into one customer..
and this customer, has stated it will buy the place where cirrus has it chips made by the end of 2014, and start making thier own chips.
thus unless this company can diversify itself within the next year
and gain new customers. which do not account for 80-90 percent of its sales, I say the end is near...
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
to much of its bussiness is invested into one company which will start making thier own chips.
Great people but layoffs used to balance the books and make Wall Street happy
Product/Test Engineering Group (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
I really liked my co-workers, including my managers. My job was great - they gave me new challenges, new responsibilities, good training. Morale was not so great because we always seemed to be having layoffs all the time. Everyone would comment that every time Wall Street got worried then we would have layoffs.
Pros
challenging work, high expectations
All Show and No Substance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2013
Company needs focus
HR pushes employees to rate company and managers well on performance surveys and discuss any issues only in private
No job security
Lacks new ideas
Poor overall management
Poor management of HR
Focus is too much on Employee perks (free coffee, ice cream, beer) and not enough on product development and working as a team to develop strategic initiatives.
Management does throw employees under the bus instead of working on their own management skills
Pros
wearing jeans everyday
Cons
management is out of touch with employees, no job security, hr management more interested in scheduling happy hours than career planning, hr grossly neglects training for managers
decent place to work
Design Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2013
was a good place to work with decent pay and decent benefits. the nice perk was keg parties for major accomplishment (ie tapeouts, etc).
Pros
keg parties for major accomplishments
Cons
layoffs
A work hard play hard atmosphere
CAD Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2013
At Cirrus, the management truly gives you the feeling that they care about their employees. Like any other semi-conductor company we too have tight schedules and deadlines to meet but even during this time the company atmosphere allows you to wind down for an hour during the weekly happy hour.
The happy hour is a great way for you to socialize and find out what your other co-workers (ones you do not interact with daily) are up to, bounce ideas off of each other etc.
Cirrus is growing at a fast rate and has close to a 1000 employees now, but it still has a small company feel where activity doesn't get bogged down by a lot of corporate formalities. And like a small company others aware of your accomplishments.
Pros
weekly happy hour. good bonus program
Team work abounds
Regional Sales Manager - Eastern N. America (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Cirrus is a great place to work. Everyone there is very hard working and supportive. Cirrus was voted as "best place to work" multiple years in a row.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job security is an issue
Liked the engineer I worked with
I.C. Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2012
I had worked with this senior engineer before and he was instrumental in getting me hired here. He provided me with a number of growth opportunities and valued my contributions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirrus Logic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3