Cirrus Logic

Cirrus Logic Employee Reviews

Outstanding work environment
Applications Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2015
This was the perfect job! I loved every work day and the people around me made it ideal for anyone. Had there not have been a massive layoff, I'm sure I'd still be there.
Pros
Concerts, no time clock, no micromanaging
Cons
No direct interaction with supervisors. Huge lay off
Productive fun work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2015
I loved working at Cirrus Logic! We worked hard and played hard. My co-workers were absolutely amazing, hardworking people. The hardest part of my job was when the company closed its Tucson facility and most of us got laid off.
Pros
ping pong table and pool table
average company
Sr. Product Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2015
I left CRUS in 2008, and the company has evolved into mostly an Apple supplier which I believe is about 80% of their business now. While I worked there, the company was not managed well and had frequent layoffs which I had been warned about. I enjoyed working there while it lasted because the working environment was challenging but relaxed. On one Thursday every month, the company would have a party with life music and beer. The pay was average and the benefits slightly below average. CRUS gave above average amounts of stock options that always stayed under water, however.
Pros
relaxed work environment, decent pay
Cons
stock options instead of RSUs, company not diversified
Highly sought after place to work
Engineering/Validation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mixed Signal Audio - ValidationApril 1, 2015
Unfortunately, sometime within the 3 years I've worked here, the company culture has become factionalized. Overall Cirrus is a great place to work. It's just the department I work in, is rife with certain people that like to constantly talk about people behind their backs, and always pointing out the faults of others while pounding their own chest as if they're the only ones in the company that has a clue. I've only received 1 yearly pay increase of the three years I've been with Cirrus. The prior year for me not getting an increase was because they fired my manager shortly before my yearly review was due. And this year I was passed up on getting a pay increase, because my new manager's lone decision was based on his opinion that we weren't on the same level and didn't see eye to eye. Even though all my key review area's had a 5 of 5 rating. Even my peer reviews were stellar.
Pros
Great company overall, excellent perks, and located downtown Austin on 6th street.
Cons
You may be one of the unlucky people, to get placed in a certain department that's detrimental to your career.
We are the #1 Best Company to work for in Texas!
Electronics Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2014
I am a happy camper. I have learned so much while working here at Cirrus Logic. Experience that I will always carry with me. The work environment is unlike any other that I've experienced. It will definitely be hard to top.
Pros
concerts, beer, flexible schedule, relaxed dress code, acl/sxsw passes, f1 passes, best in class treatment of employees
Fast Paced
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2014
Worked under 6 VPs. Hiring, Performance improvement, General HR, termination, salary.
Enjoy working for this company
Shipping & Receiving Dock (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 23, 2014
I learned a lot from this company. This was my best job to work for.
Ok Place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2013
not a great place to work..expected you to change hours days and shifts on no given notice, expected you to work 16 hour days with no notice..then when theres no work expects you to take vacation.
90 percent of their bussiness is dumped into one customer..
and this customer, has stated it will buy the place where cirrus has it chips made by the end of 2014, and start making thier own chips.
thus unless this company can diversify itself within the next year
and gain new customers. which do not account for 80-90 percent of its sales, I say the end is near...
Pros
good pay
Cons
to much of its bussiness is invested into one company which will start making thier own chips.
Great people but layoffs used to balance the books and make Wall Street happy
Product/Test Engineering Group (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
I really liked my co-workers, including my managers. My job was great - they gave me new challenges, new responsibilities, good training. Morale was not so great because we always seemed to be having layoffs all the time. Everyone would comment that every time Wall Street got worried then we would have layoffs.
Pros
challenging work, high expectations
All Show and No Substance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2013
Company needs focus
HR pushes employees to rate company and managers well on performance surveys and discuss any issues only in private
No job security
Lacks new ideas
Poor overall management
Poor management of HR
Focus is too much on Employee perks (free coffee, ice cream, beer) and not enough on product development and working as a team to develop strategic initiatives.
Management does throw employees under the bus instead of working on their own management skills
Pros
wearing jeans everyday
Cons
management is out of touch with employees, no job security, hr management more interested in scheduling happy hours than career planning, hr grossly neglects training for managers
decent place to work
Design Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2013
was a good place to work with decent pay and decent benefits. the nice perk was keg parties for major accomplishment (ie tapeouts, etc).
Pros
keg parties for major accomplishments
Cons
layoffs
A work hard play hard atmosphere
CAD Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2013
At Cirrus, the management truly gives you the feeling that they care about their employees. Like any other semi-conductor company we too have tight schedules and deadlines to meet but even during this time the company atmosphere allows you to wind down for an hour during the weekly happy hour.
The happy hour is a great way for you to socialize and find out what your other co-workers (ones you do not interact with daily) are up to, bounce ideas off of each other etc.
Cirrus is growing at a fast rate and has close to a 1000 employees now, but it still has a small company feel where activity doesn't get bogged down by a lot of corporate formalities. And like a small company others aware of your accomplishments.
Pros
weekly happy hour. good bonus program
Team work abounds
Regional Sales Manager - Eastern N. America (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Cirrus is a great place to work. Everyone there is very hard working and supportive. Cirrus was voted as "best place to work" multiple years in a row.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job security is an issue
Liked the engineer I worked with
I.C. Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2012
I had worked with this senior engineer before and he was instrumental in getting me hired here. He provided me with a number of growth opportunities and valued my contributions.
Laid back and fun enviornment to work in
Manager - Business / Production Planning (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2012
This company had a great culture and many fun events for its employees. The downside is the lack of advancement available due to the smaller size of the organization.
fast paced environment, learned many job functions, benefits were better than most places.
Material Expeditor/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 31, 2012
Latest position there was Material Expeditor. I would print out work orders in SAP, gather appropriate documentation, (layouts, custom flow sheets, etc.) pull appropriate materials, issue and release to specific areas of the floor. There were 3 areas that needed to be kept running daily, these included Thickfilm, Reflow, and Die Attach.
Once a job was completed, I would verify counts, receive material in and either store or move to the next location. I also performed weekly audits to ensure counts were spot on in all areas of materials.
I also worked as a Planner, which included attended daily meetings to determine priorities.I created work orders, posted schedules in appropriate areas, expedited operations that could potentially delay schedules. Conferred with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide data on priority changes. I learned many operations, inlcuding assembly, functional test, Quality Assurance, Incoming Inspection, Design Engineering Specialist, Customer Service and Sales, and also worked closely with procurement. This is one area I would have liked to have mastered.
The management always seemed to turn over there. In my 25 years there I saw alot of turnover. When Cirrus took us over, they eliminated some upper level manager positions and wanted new people to fill certain positions because they had Ivy League degrees that they felt were better than experience.
The co workers were some of the hardest working ,loyal and considerate people I have had the privledge to know. I created many lifelong friendships, and most of them were like family.
  more...
Hardest part of the job, saying goodbye to everyone when I was laid off after working with them for so many years, seeing the fear in their face wondering if they were next.
Most enjoyable part of the jobs, were that there was never a supervisor hovering over you, I worked unsupervised to perform the tasks at hand without any problems.
Pros
benfits were some of the best when we were cirrus. cirrus always encouranged fun in the workplace, and we participated in many company sponsered events.
Cons
we were spread way too thin at times, but we learned alot of different jobs.
Large company with many opportunities
Compaq On-site Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 5, 2012
Productive, growth oriented, and fun place to work during a time of graphic chips expansion in the market and consequentially product allocations that kept the environment exciting
Pros
the people and the opportunities
Cons
the layoffs
Good environment
Design manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 30, 2011
Cirrus is a great company that has very good potential to success in next few years.