CIRTEC Medical Systems Employee Reviews

Good Engineers, so-so management
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free fruit and coffee, reverse commute
Cons: high turnover rate, low in teamwork.
Unfortunately, the good engineers at Cirtec work hard, but are not well served by the business model. It has classically been focused on simply billing hours. While some changes have been implemented, a culture is a hard thing to change. There is literally no career development taking place. No fresh ideas flowing into the mix because the company does not send staff to conferences. There is a revolving door at the front, because the company will not keep any staff that is not fully billable, thus there are regular layoffs and of course the collateral damage of poor morale. The upside to Cirtec is this: when they do manage to win some interesting contracts, there are numerous very diverse projects to work on, all in a short space of time. This kind of diverse experience would ordinarily take years and years to accumulate at a series of startups.
Fun workplace with a bunch of intelligent people and a beautiful Park for walks
Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: holiday parties and profit sharing
Cons: my boss was tossed into his position and didn't know how to manage, he eventually learned the last year that i was there.
A typical day at work would be, make coffee, meet & greet co-workers and clients at the front desk with a friendly smile, answer phones, enter PO's, order food for mtgs, go for a walk at Vasona Park on my lunch, do deposits, enter invoices, match invoices w/checks, enter expense reports and leave for the day.

I learned to be discreet, fast and efficient with entries, I learned that everyone has their own way of doing things. I also learned how to work with many different personalities.

Management was great even through all the turn overs.

My Co-workers were all great to work with and for, we worked as a team for the first 5 yrs until the company was sold and all the many turn overs after that.

I felt like I didn't have a voice at times, my suggestions didn't matter until things got out of control.

Hardest part of the job was to see a huge turn over after selling the company and watching co-workers quit, or get laid off. Other than that I loved my job.

The most enjoyable part about my job was greeting our Clients, and having them remember my by my name and sign, which read "Whatever the question, chocolate is the answer" The other part that I thoroughly enjoyed was planning our Holiday parties, all the smiles and appreciation I received from all of my co-workers was well worth it.
A great little company with wonderful people to work with
Admininistration (Current Employee), Los GatosSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules, interesting projects, great fellow employees
Cons: benefits could be improved
With the change in leadership things have improved greatly. Morale has improved as well as the profitability of the company. It is a pleasure to come to work each day!
Good guidance and support
Assistant (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CANovember 29, 2012
I only worked at CIRTEC Medical Systems for a short time as an assistant to the heads of various heads of departments. I assisted the heads with ensuring the quality and accuracy of medical documents, scanning and copying, data entry, and organization.

The employees I was assisting gave me clear guidelines and instructions which allowed me to be efficient.

The best part about working at CIRTEC was having clear and open communication with everyone within the office.

The biggest challenge about the job was my short duration, for I did not get to help and contribute as much as I would have liked.