CIS Employee Reviews

this job is for an entry level collector
collector (Former Employee) –  azAugust 21, 2017
Dont waste your time. job is noting like it says in the job posting. its hard to ask the debtor for balance in full, when they dont even know they have a past due debt in collections, because they were never given a first notice, second notice, no notice at all. you just start calling these debtors to ask for money, and it has to be balance in full..I DONT THINK SO!
Pros
work from home
Cons
expects pif, no payment arrangements
Great Staff
Site Coordinator at Conestoga Magnet (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68131April 27, 2017
This was a great company. It is sad that it had to close due to funding. Their heart was into providing real help with the community. They cared about the staff and it showed through their leadership skills.
Pros
Productive Meetings
Cons
It was a non-profit
Job is not as advertised.
None (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 6, 2017
The job listing was for a home inspector position, get to the interview and it turns out to be a door to door sales position. Not a good sign when the hiring employer starts off with a lie.
Pros
Home inspector job with a salary advertised
Cons
In reality this is a door to door sales job, And straight commission
A very nice building with pool table and great landscape
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 18, 2016
walk the building, make sure all is good
you can only take care of the problems that happen throughout the day.
manager is very qualified that's very important
I was on my own for periods of the time, no comment paying attention to work not the gossip job done
Pros
the only pros i been subject to is the satisfaction of keeping the building safe and sound
Cons
keeping place clean, fire alarms, snow, venders some, gossip, complaing, never enough for some, instagating, hurtful conversations, big part of the jobif its not a positive let it gooooo.
Pay was good while work environment and experience of supervisors was lacking.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ALAugust 12, 2016
The experience and knowledge of supervisor who was supposed to know my job was lacking in many areas so that no help was available when needed for certain job requirements. Supervisor would then blame employees under her.
It was productive and sometimes fun.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 29, 2016
A typical day at work now a days I have to watch my back. the employees that work for freightliner pull pranks and are not all that nice, they hide me cleaning cart from me when I try to clean the men restrooms. the management is ok but they do not do anything about any of my issues. I only like 1 out of 19 of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the pranks and dealing with the co-worker the shift before me that does not do his job but gets away with it. There are a very few freightliner employees who are nice to me and get along with. That is the most enjoyable part of this job.
It was a good place to work
data Entry Temp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2016
I was a temp so it was sufficient. It taught me how to meet deadlines, and they held you to a very high standard. You knew your responsibilites every day without being told. Everyone for the most part was friendly.
Close to home
staff accountant (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Close to home, small company and flexible hours. Great boss and able to work on your own. Friendly employees and are able to work from home if needed.
Pros
location
Cons
advancement
A positive work place
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2015
I meet with different consumers each week at there workplace. I have learned to adjust my work style due to each consumers performance. My management is helpful at times but is not sure of a lot of things. The hardest part of my job is going to the work site with the wrong ISPs. The one thing I love the most about my job is working with the consumers. I love seeing how happy the consumers are to work.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Being sent to sites when the consumers are off
Fun, Friendly, and Inspirational
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
I love doing this job the most. My boss was just amazing and the bonds I made with our members was liking nothing I had ever experience before. Miss it!!
Busy work place
CT Transcription (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 18, 2015
I improved my typing skills while employed at CIS. I also learned a lot about cardiovascular health care. My co-workers were extremely helpful in day to day duties.
Had a blast very enjoyable workplace.
top hand (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 15, 2015
I liked the crew leaders and fellow co workers. got to see a lot of the United States and travel with them. Learned how to operate a skid steer. Stacked towers ran 18 coax lines, hung mounts, antennas, ran grounds, hung lightening rods, set buildings and built sections.
회사 전체적으로 개선해야 할 부분이 많음.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2015
* 회사의 업무적 흐름이 답답할 많큼 부실함.

* 삼성 보안 카메라에 대해서 조금이나마 공부가 됐음.

* 회사내 세일즈 부서가 매우 미약함.

* 동료들간의 분의기는 다 인종이 일하는 곳으로 매우 좋다고는 할 수 없으나 대체적으로 괜찮은 편임.

* 동료 선후배로 경계로 인하여 정보 교환이 제대로 이루어지지 않았던점이 재일 힘들었음.

* 그나마 몰랐던 보안 카메라에 대해 어느정도 배웠다는 점이 그나마 즐거웠다면 즐거웠음.
Great lunch
Front Desk Clerk / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2014
the managers here make sure everyone feels comfortable and happy. its a great company and staff line sad I had to leave. ill give this job an A+
Productive love working with children
CIS/ BOYS&GIRLS CLUB (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCOctober 9, 2014
Learned the importance of listening and pay close attention to detail,
Pros
honest people
Cons
didnt last long
decent..
Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2014
a normal day at work will be me pratolling the property talking to the resident asking them about their weekend and how their day at work were. Playing with the kids and making sure they are not getting into anything that dont suppose to be.
Pros
no supervison
Cons
not enough property for the officers that work in the area for the hours.
Great for building on experience in the medical field
Copy Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 12, 2014
What I like most about working for CIS is the experience I'm gaining working in a hospital. The day to day interaction with people and the constant flow of medical records I go through daily to assure that the proper records are provided to health care practitioners, help me build on experience in the medical field.
a typical work day
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 23, 2014
A typical work day was that we would clock in have our daily meetings, do paperwork, walk around to different classrooms check on the children behavior, classroom progress etc.
Pros
meeting new chldren learning about who they are
summer school program
Childcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2014
Took care of children, learning to be organize and how to schedule all your events for the day.
Pros
Free trip to summer events
Cons
dealing w alot of kids at ayoung age
Relaxed culture, lack of infrastructure
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 14, 2014
Good company with a great fun culture. At that expense, however, there is a severe lack of infrastructure. Dress code is relaxed - jeans and tees okay. Come in whenever you want, leave whenever you want. Just get your work done.

The biggest problem with this is the constant state of chaos and lack of HR - no real ladder for moving up, no one person to answer the company phone or answer the door, unsure who to go to with problems/issues. Because my career is more internal-service rather than client-service, this is the main reason I'm looking to leave.

Note: my review is for Compliance Implementation Services (CIS) - many other reviews seem to be for locations this CIS is not located in.
Pros
Lax dress code, fun relaxed culture
Cons
Average/poor benefits