CIS Employee Reviews

Close to home
staff accountant (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Close to home, small company and flexible hours. Great boss and able to work on your own. Friendly employees and are able to work from home if needed.
Pros
location
Cons
advancement
A positive work place
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2015
I meet with different consumers each week at there workplace. I have learned to adjust my work style due to each consumers performance. My management is helpful at times but is not sure of a lot of things. The hardest part of my job is going to the work site with the wrong ISPs. The one thing I love the most about my job is working with the consumers. I love seeing how happy the consumers are to work.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Being sent to sites when the consumers are off
Fun, Friendly, and Inspirational
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
I love doing this job the most. My boss was just amazing and the bonds I made with our members was liking nothing I had ever experience before. Miss it!!
Busy work place
CT Transcription (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 18, 2015
I improved my typing skills while employed at CIS. I also learned a lot about cardiovascular health care. My co-workers were extremely helpful in day to day duties.
Had a blast very enjoyable workplace.
top hand (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 15, 2015
I liked the crew leaders and fellow co workers. got to see a lot of the United States and travel with them. Learned how to operate a skid steer. Stacked towers ran 18 coax lines, hung mounts, antennas, ran grounds, hung lightening rods, set buildings and built sections.
Great lunch
Front Desk Clerk / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 18, 2014
the managers here make sure everyone feels comfortable and happy. its a great company and staff line sad I had to leave. ill give this job an A+
Productive love working with children
CIS/ BOYS&GIRLS CLUB (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCOctober 9, 2014
Learned the importance of listening and pay close attention to detail,
Pros
honest people
Cons
didnt last long
decent..
Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2014
a normal day at work will be me pratolling the property talking to the resident asking them about their weekend and how their day at work were. Playing with the kids and making sure they are not getting into anything that dont suppose to be.
Pros
no supervison
Cons
not enough property for the officers that work in the area for the hours.
Great for building on experience in the medical field
Copy Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 12, 2014
What I like most about working for CIS is the experience I'm gaining working in a hospital. The day to day interaction with people and the constant flow of medical records I go through daily to assure that the proper records are provided to health care practitioners, help me build on experience in the medical field.
a typical work day
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 23, 2014
A typical work day was that we would clock in have our daily meetings, do paperwork, walk around to different classrooms check on the children behavior, classroom progress etc.
Pros
meeting new chldren learning about who they are
summer school program
Childcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2014
Took care of children, learning to be organize and how to schedule all your events for the day.
Pros
free trip to summer events
Cons
dealing w alot of kids at ayoung age
Relaxed culture, lack of infrastructure
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 14, 2014
Good company with a great fun culture. At that expense, however, there is a severe lack of infrastructure. Dress code is relaxed - jeans and tees okay. Come in whenever you want, leave whenever you want. Just get your work done.

The biggest problem with this is the constant state of chaos and lack of HR - no real ladder for moving up, no one person to answer the company phone or answer the door, unsure who to go to with problems/issues. Because my career is more internal-service rather than client-service, this is the main reason I'm looking to leave.

Note: my review is for Compliance Implementation Services (CIS) - many other reviews seem to be for locations this CIS is not located in.
Pros
lax dress code, fun relaxed culture
Cons
average/poor benefits
Fast paced environment with challenging work.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 5, 2013
CIS is a small company and the support group I was in only had 4 people. CIS makes software for first responders. So if problems occur solutions need to found quickly. Sometimes it is calm but sometimes it can be really challenging with lots of calls and difficult problems. You can learn many skills at CIS. People there are nice and flexible with job work/life balance.
Cons
support has strict hours, but that is the nature of the work.
bad
Disassembly tech/Installation Tech (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILNovember 26, 2013
i was the lowest man on the totem pole but i was treated like crud. the manager didn't care just as long as you didn't bother him and the head of the company made me pay out of pocket for a accident that happened while on clock and in yard. also i was never able to get all my paper work filled out so i was always payed under the table for my work while i was their.
Good entry level job.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 29, 2013
Good communication skills required for phone work. Accuracy of data entry necessary.
Productive and fun workplace
CIS Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2012
Protecting the client’s interests on property.
Enforcing all community rules.
Interacting professionally with the client contact, residents and employees, law enforcement, and other members of the public
Fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2012
Wonderful working atmosphere. Great opportunities to help kids.
Pros
you learn something new every day
Cons
getting in is hard
curently employed and choose not to coment
Worker's Compensation (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2012
My coworkers are a great bunch of guys.
The job leaves no time for family.
After being hurt at work and had to have surgery no one from the company came to see me or called to find out how I was doing not even a get well card.
fun workplace
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCMay 16, 2012
You get to help a lot of people and meet new people. lots of walking. good place to work.
Cons
pay
fun, adventurous, and productive workplace
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ortigas, PhilippinesApril 29, 2012
A day will not past out if i didn't get an irate customer, this work was inline in dealing with customers problems etc. especially with all the tellers nationwide of the branches we have, and when your work is inline in dealing with customers, you should learn how to make them important, :) "CUSTOMERS ARE IMPORTANT" , I don't have problems with my co- workers for they are reliable and friendly, funny,, just with my boss who is not effective for me, management was not that hard. the hardest part of this job is dealing with my boss who care only about herself. but the most enjoyable part of it, we are like family here despite of ups and downs.
Pros
friendly and nice people
Cons
not good management of the boss, ineffective company protocol