Cisco

1.3K reviews

Cisco Employee Reviews

Salary Merit Increase Policy Is Bad For Morale
System Test Engineer II (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: extensive training program
Cons: layoffs once or twice a year
Some people don't get their salary merit increase three years in a row. This makes the morale in the work place low because people are unhappy and jealous of their co-workers.
Cisco review
Telecommunications Engineer Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: People a pleasure to work with. Good pay.
Cons: Job security
I enjoyed my experience as intern there. People are friendly and easy to work with. The environment was mentally stimulating.
I have learned a lot .
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Jose CaliforniaAugust 25, 2015
It's a great a opportunity to work here . I learned a lot from seniors .

How to work in corporate office and how to behave in corporate manner it's great experience .
great place to work and highly organized and efficient
Escalation Support Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: positive evironment with many resources
Cons: none
A plethora of opportunities for advancement and training. One year at Cisco equivalent to a BA in computer science. Very impressed with staff and intelligence level.
Everything moves very fast
MBA Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, great work life balance, great employee development resources
Cons: Lack of community, fear of layoffs, needs workplace updates
The company is very dynamic and looking to go in lots of directions which is both interesting to be part of but also a bit disorienting
Its flexible
Middleware Performance Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 23, 2015
Beside the flexibility there is no opportunity of advancement as a consultant.Budget cut in recent years caused few heads have to pick up on the lost heads work too.
Innovative and good place to work
Select Account Manager (Current Employee), TexasAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: More politically charged than previous years, but a part of becoming a larger company
A great culture of individuals striving to be leaders in the networking and IT industry. Culture is changing slightly, but the new CEO has new ideas and methods to achieve goals.
Fun workspace with lot of experienced engineers to learn from
Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2015
Flexibility in schedule, company culture of inclusiveness, transparency, and willingness to help one's peers are all reasons I enjoy working for this company. I have had many managers, and each one has created a positive team environment over the years... this is driven from the top down.
Great work-life balance
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2015
Great work-life balance but the company is not as creative as others. Constantly laying off people. No strategy and at times chaotic.
Great Place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), San JoseAugust 19, 2015
It is a great place to work, but I am a bit concerned about their recent lack of focus. Ability to work at home promotes balance, as long as you can manage the travel
Maintains Vendor Continuity instead of Continues Delivery
Scrum Master (Former Employee), San Jose CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Many and many more
Cisco, believe their prefered vendor instead of work or delivery. so all projects at the same starting point after Year time also. they just need vendor continuity instead of Continues delivery.
Excellent Place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Hard to become an employee of cisco
Excellent company to work for, they are head of their time. they allow team members to work from their home and encourage it. I enjoyed working on planning department events and working my the management team.
Great Place
Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose CAAugust 16, 2015
I had the best experience at Cisco. They support learning, travel, great customers and fun internal engagements. Chambers was a lengendary CEO. The stock plan and benefits were one of the best in the Bay.
Very Producture and Relaxed Environment
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee), RTP, North CarolinaAugust 13, 2015
Schedule is according to what works best for you here in the CTG Labs at Cisco RTP. No required dress code, Flip-flops and shorts are fine. You work is what matters...Knowledge is key, You are expected to advance your skillset as you mature within Cisco. I have loved being in this environment for the past 2 years.

Typical day arrive at work (if I'm not working remotely from home) usually around 9:30ish, work at desk in the Tellab for a couple ohours, then go upstairs to the lab (if I have any tasks requiring physical touching of the equipmemnt) then lunch with co-workers, then meetings until 3pm, finish the day a my desk or upstairs in the lab. Go home around 5:30ish on nights when I have some other activity planned or sometime stay as late as 8pm working on my user stories (Agile System)
Cisco
Partner Relations Manager, Capital Corporation (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: On campus medical
Cons: doesn't have enough perks to compete with other companies
My personal experience at Cisco i would say is pretty good. Cisco has a good work life balance. I also believe it depends on the manager. My direct manager has always made sure we had work life balance. But family always came first.

My coworkers were my 2nd family. Everyone cared about each other. We would work hard but play hard.

Hardest part of the job was no training or communication. Upper management did not do a good job of keeping employees informed with new products or procedures.

I personally love the work. It was fast pace and kept me on my toes.

Over all if I had to rate them I say I would give them a 4 out of 5 stars.
Great Company!
Sales Support Analyst- Virtual Sales Operations (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my awesome team members and being able to work from home once a week. While working at Cisco I have increased my time management and multi-tasking skills. Cisco is such a great company to work for and they treat their employees very well. I would recommend anyone to work for them.
A good place to work
Cloud and Virtualization Group, Senior Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 11, 2015
A good place to work with work hour and location flexibility. Benefits are reasonably good. Most of people work hard and extensively.
Very Good with employee Events & Relations.
Engineering Electronics Lab Technician (Former Employee), Independence, OHAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Lunchens
Cons: Very little advancement.
Very good company to work as a employee. I liked the variety of
experiences and responsibilities. The day went very fast they kept
me busy at all times. The management was very good to me and
helped me when I needed information to due my job. I enjoyed
learning about network coding and products.
Best Place to work
Financial Analyst- Collector and Escalation (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 11, 2015
Cisco will help you grow with regard to your career. They will guide and provide training. You even have the option to look for another job within Cisco after you have completed 1.5 to 2 years in your present job. It is a diverse workforce and you don't feel alone. Everybody help and guide each other.
Good for work
Process Test Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Good Company
Interesting work place Good, good for benefits and good place for work.
One big company in USA for internet and develop network in the world
Headquarters