Cisco

Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 1,034 reviews matching the search
Solid team
Web Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I worked with a solid team at Cisco that was highly educated and dedicated to their work. We had a great manager which was the main reason that I stayed at Cisco for so long.
Solid Employer to Work For
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I've worked for several Fortune 500s in the past and this is a pretty cool company for those working in IT. There is a great emphasis placed on digitization and these guys are the litmus test when it comes to Networking/IPsec/TCP/IP. Projects are axed too quickly.
Pros
Great compensation, Lots of service opportunities, great incentives
Cons
Stop throwing away money
Security RFI/RFP response for Cloud Collaboration business
InfoSec Security Project Manager and Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I work remotely using Cisco WebEx Cloud Collaboration tools to engage subject experts in application security, network engineering, InfoSec, legal, HR, to complete security responses for RFPs/RFIs in 18-20 hours instead of 20 days. By using an exception based approach, I shortened the response time as the Technical Project Manager-WebEx InfoSec case owner..
Pros
Have impact to help Cisco Security businesses and customers close deals.
Cons
Poor communication updates from product management to security teams
I would work there again
Financial Services-Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Fixable work hours. Hardest part was supporting 3 time zones. I had the pleasure of working with a bunch of very motivated / positive group of people.
Pros
allows people to work from home
Cons
no work - life balance
Love working for Cisco Systems
Team Lead/ Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Great large company, but you will stay a contractor for quite some time. Lots of room for growth and movement.

Typical day in my role is usually relaxed. Hardest part is working with so many other teams. Most enjoyable part is the people I work with and our management is wonderful
Challenging tasks
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2016
If you like challenges, this is the right place for you! Opportunity to learn new things each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was continuous motivation from the management.
Fun place to work
SENIOR MANAGER, TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Technology say company focused on employee development and highly focused on customer needs. Over last decade they have developed some cool technology.
My ratings
Customer Support Engineer -Escalations (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 28, 2016
It is a good company to work. You can learn a lot. I worked day and night both. Management is depend of the personal. Overall is good.
Pros
education, benefits
Cons
layoffs
Better Jump After Acquiring
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 27, 2016
If Cisco acquired your company, you should be better updated new technology and find another job within 3 years. If you are not going to update new skills, you are out date. It will be your hard-time to find the job.
Pros
Pro-Restructure
Cons
Laid-Off
Excellent working culture in the company
Manual & Automation of CEPNM (EMS/NMS) - Test Lead (Current Employee) –  otherJanuary 27, 2016
Cisco is a company which motivates its employees to innovate and contribute to the industry. Handling of complex situations in the company is very smooth, without any confusions due to good management. The co workers are really helpful.The most interesting and enjoyable thing is that, they have few board games to refresh our minds.
Pros
Subsidised Transport facility
Awesome Company
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Enjoy working for Cisco. People are great and enjoyable environment. Campus and location in RTP is great. Management is very supportive.
Cisco office atmosphere is too good
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Cisco office atmosphere is too good.
Management is too good.
People are very friendlier here.
I would like to be a part of Cisco again.
Reputable and financially sound
human resources (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Great and solid company that strives for improvement. Company provides opportunity to work remotely and enables flexibility to manage personal life while meeting requirements of job
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
volatile stock
Senior Software Engineer
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I liked the group I was working in. Very nice professional people with a high level of flexibility. They only problem is there never was room to grow.
Great place to work!
Sr. Manager, Product Operations (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Open work environment, management by objectives, high expectations, flexibility on hours, as long as the job gets done!
Pros
positive work environment, team culture, ability to work from home occasionally as required.
Cons
a bit behind the 8-ball on some of the more cutting-edge or progressive job benefits; however, they are catching up quickly!
It was great in the beginning and all companies change over time
operations manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I have a lot to be thankful for while being employed at Cisco. The working environment in 1994 was great!!! Over time, as with most companies, that grow, the work environment and management changed.
Company Culture is its Strength
Sr. Mgr., Sales Ops, US Enterprise Strategy & Plng (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJanuary 20, 2016
Strongest attribute is its work culture: highly collaborative environment for a company of its large size. With its matrix organization, there exists a premium on collective cross functioning cooperation throughout the organization. This approach brings together a large number of high level people focused on a common goal.....very effective.
Productive and Fun and Challenging Place to work at
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Good place to work with. Just want to move back to NJ. It is good place to learn and be challenged. The Management Structure is weak though in the group I currently work with.
Pros
Great Challenging Place to work
Cons
No Career Opportunity and Growth
Great culture
Customer Success Manager/Service & Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Cisco has a great culture, and is the leader in their industry. I enjoyed the 17 years working there, but am ready for new challenges.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Trying to re-identify the company with the new CEO
Good work life balance
Enterprise Business Architecture (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2016
Cisco provides a good work life balance for it's employees. There are a lot of great learning opportunities for everyone willing to learn.

As any other large companies, things move a lot slower and hence could get very frustrating to watch such a great company dying a slow death.
Pros
great work life balance, work from home, flexible hours
Cons
Moves at snail's pace