Cisco
1,110 reviews

Cisco United States Employee Reviews

Its a fun place to work at, overall
Sr. Technical Engineer/Mgr, DC Switching & Storage (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Technology
Cons: More Ethnic Diversity needed, less re-org, and politics
It is a good company to work and learn networking. One must have a goal of learning more when at Cisco because it is a big company and can lose sight.
enjoyed the job
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
Nice people to work for. Enjoyed each day at work. Each day brought more to learn and to better each employer. No problems at the office
Good work life balance but you are always aware of the Grim Reaper
Program Manager, Sales Finance (Former Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Generous benefits
Cons: Corporate decisions could make the employee irrelevant
Cisco was a great company to work for from a work/life balance perspective. With the technology, there were opportunities to work from home and participate with global teams.

Cisco also generally did well financially and bonuses were generous. They were generous with their 401k match and health benefits were more robust than most other companies.

On the downside, there was a feeling that you were a number on a spreadsheet and that no matter how hard you worked or how significantly you contributed to the business, your position could easily be eliminated and outsourced.
Good Benefits, Good People
Network Consulting Engineer III (Former Employee), USAApril 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Little work/life balance
A company on the cutting edge of technology. Good benefits and great people to work with. Lots of travel with little work/life balance.
I felt lucky and gratious for my years at Cisco which is honest, compassionate, and competitive from both employee and customer's perspective.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 20, 2015
I started working for Cisco in the ninties and lived through the unbelievable growth from a new IPO to a Dow 30 company. I learned that Cisco's success is built on its never changing value - to manage expectation and strive to meet or beat that expectation. As an employee and engineering support, I made sure all my customers are equipped with the best IT and CAD tools, knowledeable and familiar with the tools so they can focus on desiging the best networking equipment. I developed great pleasure when I put together a design environment which our design engineers appreciate. I also shared the joy when I help engineers solving a difficult issue so they get a sense of relieve.
Awesome
Change Manager Lead (Former Employee), San Jose,CAApril 16, 2015
I think I grew up here... Best company for me so far... I would love to go back. I believe however that there needs to be more emphasis on innovative ideas, which is hard to carry out when you have more than 70,000 employees.
Enjoyed traveling to different parts of the country
Service Engineer Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed traveling
Cons: Hard on relationships
I enjoy this job immensely. The satisfaction of completing a job and having the customer praise for such outstanding work.
Management software
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 16, 2015
Establish a network environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting
learning expereince and educational
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAApril 10, 2015
learning expereince and educational
learning expereince and educationallearning expereince and educational
Good Role, but not permanent - Contracting
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 7, 2015
Cisco is a good company to work for, however as a contractor (and employee as well as I was once a blue badge) nothing last forever. I was once a very loyal employee, but in this new culture you are just a resource to be used and done away with when the project is done. That said, I do like the flexibility to work remote and currently it is better than the other options that are available. I'm not sure how long my role will last, and it sucks not having vacation, which I can't take as it hits the cash flow hard, so I send my family on vacation without me. :( It's been two years since I took a vacation.
Cisco Systems
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction
Cons: Issues within the project
Typical Day: Check customer requirements
What I Learned: TelePresence how, where and why it is needed
Management: My manager was a wonderful person. He lead our team with passion and grace.
Co-workers: My co-workers where committed to being the best.
Hardest part of the job: Not completing the work within the allot time due to issues within the project.
Most enjoyable: Customer satisfaction
Big company, lots of perks
Tier 2 Help Desk (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 6, 2015
I worked for CompuCom, a ton of politics, didn't get very much benifits that actual Cisco employees get. I did not feel like part of Cisco's family but more as an outsider since i wasn't with Cisco directly.
Productive and Fun
Manpower Contractor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: free drinks and gym usage
Cons: downtime in lobbies especially the slower ones
I spent most of the day greeting guests and making sure security guidelines were followed. I learned how to read people, dealing with so many personalities you pick up on body language and clues to help you greet customers. The hardest part of the job was there could be downtime and if none of the administrative assistants in the building had no work they needed assistance with time could pass very slow. The most enjoyable part of the day was the interaction with the guest and employees and meeting new people.
Ability to deploy your initiatives
Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Every day is a challenge and sales and finance operations are always looking to innovate or improve processes that helps productivity and customer experience. It is great when your ideas are listened and procured.
Great Company Great People
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 1, 2015
Typical work day consist of
Executive calendar management / scheduling prioritization
Expense reporting / management / reconciliation
Presentation preparation
Event / Training planning
Compliance report tracking / management
Special Projects
Correspondence generation / distribution
Approvals for system request (proxy and communication)
Meeting planning / organization
Travel arrangements
Data compiling / reporting
IT system trouble shooting
Software App trainer
The internet of things and big data
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue WAApril 1, 2015
Throughout my career with Cisco Systems, Inc., I gained experience and the skills necessary for providing administrative and leadership support to senior-level professionals; while overseeing daily business, office operations, project management and event planning. The motivation and initiative is to learn a company’s philosophies and procedures and work as a team member to achieve the company’s objectives.
Oracle DBA 9+Years of Experience
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Good Company to work ..I learned RAC,Dataguard,Broker,Golden gate and many other latest technologies which helps me improve professionally and personally..
Team Lead - BO Developer (Former Employee), Denver,COMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Beer Friday's
Sales Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free manicures
Cons: Pedicures weren't free
Used to tap kegs on Fridays and hang out and enjoy our commrades in arms. Changed a bit. On Tuesday's without fail, Wednesday's would always follow...I never could figure that one out :^)
Amazing place to work at
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 27, 2015
Love the work, people and the culture at this place. It has always been a challenging and a learning experience. Cisco offers a wide variety of opportunities to select from.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more

Cisco Salaries