Cisco Employee Reviews

Great place to work and had fun in the labs
Network Engineer - Advance Services SVS Opex Lab (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 21, 2018
In the labs there was various amounts of networking tasks to do which included racking devices, configuring device and cabling them too. Also we worked with other engineers to complete projects/cases each day.
Highly recognized for good performance, Paid well
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2018
We were required to meet our business sales goals quarterly. We were required to reach out to current and new clients for new business daily and document within their software. Business meeting two times a week with Regional Managers to discuss goals and whether we met or exceeded those goals.
Pros
Paid Well
Cons
Job Force Reduction
Good place for Telecommute friendly work culture
Program Manager, Business Capabilities (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
If you are interested in a telecommute friendly work option, Cisco provides a good flexible workspace. Meeting heavy culture. A typical day of work would start with global meetings with different stakeholders groups located in different time zones.
Cisco
Contact Center Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work for. I was brought in to be a consultant to their implementation of the IEX Scheduling Software and work with an outside vendor. Created processes from scratch to implement to the associates.
Work hard and avoid the politics
Manager, Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Cisco is an above average to great employer. In my time there, I met some of the smartest people I've ever know and learned much from them. Certainly one of, if not the, best places I've ever worked.
This is type technology company you learn engineering
Sr. Software Developer Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2018
As a developer I really enjoyed working for Cisco even if most of the times I had to work long hours and under small stress. It's a vendor company in a very competitive area. They need to be head of their competitors and get the maximum customer satisfaction. That's why there is a constant pressure on engineers but this is what makes a Cisco engineers the good ones if they work on latest technologies for few years. Benefits were good and I loved their PTO I had plenty. I had even askd to work remotely for longtime because of family needs and they were OK. So management and the culture was like as long as you do your job with high quality, they will take care of you. That's why I spent 17 years there.
great working experience
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2018
it was an amazing experience , worked on myriad of cutting-edge technologies , Across the customer care space , that includes upgrade , implementation
Best coworkers that I worked with
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Great culture, environment, and the best coworkers that I worked with. Everyone was smart, nice, and helpful. Good work/life balance. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Great people and great company
Cons
Yearly layoffs
Very strong and collaborative workforce
Sr. Communications Management (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Cisco is a great place to work. It is filled with a high level of talent and also creative and team oriented workforce. It is a great place to not only apply your knowledge but also learn.
Pros
Team oriented environment
Cons
Hard to advance if not a Cisco lifer
Great place to work especially if you're a permanent employee.
Project Coordinator/Business Analyst, PMO (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I wasn't a permanent employee so I only worked there 8 months. I was laid off from my contract. Great group of people to work with however. Everyone very smart and good to work with.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalFebruary 14, 2018
Good company, with good benefits. Stressful job when you are far from the quote, collaborative environment where you can get as much help as you want.
Productive workplace with amazing people
Junior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cisco very much. There were highs and lows of workload but whenever there was less to do myself there were always people willing to teach me something else
Pros
Group bonding events, strong teamwork and relationships around the office
Cons
Inefficient because instead of hiring full time they go through contractors every 12 months
Cisco
Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056February 14, 2018
Average work day consists of collaborating with fellow coworkers to progressively work on projects assigned to us by the Supervisor in charge at the time.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Great team, great events, great fun!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Can't say enough about the wonderful people on my team. Great leadership, kind and helpful co-workers, able to work from home, great team building events.
Pros
See above review ;)
Cons
Too many meetings.
Ok
Global Digital Marketing, Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Massa chusettsFebruary 13, 2018
OK place to work. Was fun and vibrant, now constant layoffs create a scared culture. Poor executive communication. Porr opportunity for advancement. Good compensation and work life balance.
Good entry level tech job
LiveDesk Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Cisco was a good place to work at if you were hired by Cisco and not one of the firms they contracted with to hire people. Employees hired by Cisco enjoyed many benefits that the contractors did, but the other contractors I worked with had an opportunity to shadow others who worked with the company in different capacities and potentially join those teams.
Productive and Fun place to learn and excel
Hardware Engineer II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Cisco is a great company to work for, specially few groups have cutting edge technology project. Its great to learn and expand as it provides great horizon and invest on its employee to grow and collaborate.
Pros
Family culture
Cons
compensation
Productive environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2018
Very good. I would recommend anyone who is starting their career in IT industry to start with Cisco. You will learn the product and customer support relationship in depth.
Management Mess
Test Engineer QA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2018
More Generals than Soldiers.
Red Tap.
Super Inefficient.
Great Benefits.
Low Salary.
Company needs to re-establish its brand and its business. Don't companies which you can't handle.
Pros
Name in the Market
Cons
Low Salary
Great place to work!
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2018
This is a great company to work with excellent career growth and amazing work life balance. Fast paced yet rewarding with great opportunities for a Project Manager. Highly recommend working here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K