Cisco Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,116 reviews matching the search
Cisco was a nice place to work however managerment seemed to be not very organized
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2016
Cisco was a nice place to work however management seemed to be not very organized. My manager at the time did not have any experience AT ALL in the finance department. Which was difficult as a new comer to Cisco.
fun place
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2016
fun workplace, learned way too many things , love my co-workers , i didn't like managemnt they don't care if you work hard or not
Pros
non
Cons
they don't pay break
Good people with a good work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2016
I have enjoyed my time working at Cisco. I have met a lot of great people who have been supportive and helpful during my time there. You usually have the ability to work from home. If you are a red badge employee you will have a difficult time advancing while there.
Pros
Working from home is the best
Cons
Bad benefits and hard to advance in certain departments
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong and pool table.
NOC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 17, 2016
Great place to get your career moving in the right direction. Great training and growth opportunities within the company. They will help to get you were you want to go.

Management is laid back but very attentive.
Co-workers are awesome due to a strategic hiring process.
No hard part of this job.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the learning capabilities and the growth opportunity.
Pros
free lunches couple times a week, starbucks coffee, pool table, ping pong table, shower, atmosphere
Cisco is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 16, 2016
I love working at Cisco. My experience has been great, my management has also great. I have always had enough work to do enjoy being busy and learning new technologies.
Pros
One touch technologies, bonus program, stock program, stretch assignments
Cons
hard to advance out of role
Mostly focus on the work. Some work life balance, but very dependent on who you work for.
Sr. Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2016
Typical day at work mostly focused on finishing tasks at hand. Always pressed for time due to hurried Agile cycles. Depending on the team you work with, the co-workers can be great to be with or sort of you get by with. Hardest part of the job is convincing the management that you are worth keeping on, so your job does not get outsourced. Enjoyable part of the work is focusing on the work and seeing that it is being completed and being used.
Na
Rack and Stack Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 13, 2016
• Install / decommission switches and servers in the data center, and troubleshoot any device in the data center that requires physical connectivity.
• Install and support temp sensing monitors, power strips, server cabs, wireless access points, and IP Phones, while troubleshooting network issues.
• Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, and patch panels.
Extremely comfortable work environment at high paced, front-line technology company.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAMay 12, 2016
Surprisingly laid back company with high demands on final products. Daily I was managing software licensing for major service providers across the eastern seaboard, as well as designing and creating new servers/licensing across the country. Organization was of the highest priority, and I was glad to find the company and management open to new methods of streamlining organization process and improving efficiency. My co-workers were accomplished at their jobs and welcoming to new ideas and concepts, while also maintaining what had worked in the past. The hardest part of my job was releasing a license to a client, strictly because of stress on legal matters relating to a perfect product. That was also the most enjoyable part of the job, by providing an incredibly profitable service for both the client and the company.
Pros
Great benefits and a comfortable work environment
Cons
Cross-department functionality relied slightly on who you knew as individuals.
Productive and fun work space environment
Technical Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMay 9, 2016
Contributed project management within Identity and Security group.
Very much agile, fast paced and technical environment.
Pros
Fun and fast paced
Depends on what you are looking for
Product Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 8, 2016
Very similar to working at EMC. Can easily get burned out. Your contribution and impact to the overall company is minimal but held to very high standards.
Pros
ability to learn a lot, meet and work with a lot of smart people, the pay is very good, training
Cons
Not a lot of autonomy and very regimated, a lot of internal politics, a lot of pressure, you could be looking over your shoulder a lot, such a big company it is inevitable that there will be people you do not get along with.
Fast paced growing and fun.
Project Manager, to Network Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 6, 2016
In my first years at Cisco I was in a sales office and though the work was long and hard, it was fun and fulfilling. My first opportunity for full time employment came with the newly formed at the time service division where I was assigned to Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Was-Mart as a customer was very anti Cisco culture and wanted us to live in and adopt their oppressive culture. During my tenure there Wal-Mart became the Fortune Once company and man did the management base get an ego boost from that. They had an internal mantra of; "Ask for Mars, you just might get the moon." They were a very difficult customer to satisfy and had a requirement of our team that we choose Cisco or Wal-Mart loyalties. If Cisco, see you later. The compensation was good and I learned a ton but there was no work life balance.
Pros
Good pay and other benefits such as stock options and great bonuses.
Cons
Being assigned to Wal-Mart took most of the fun of working for Cisco away.
great Job
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 5, 2016
Good place to work. Cisco is a great company.with a well developed culture. I would recomend Cisco to anyone working in IT.
Awesome company to work
Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  Boxborough, MAMay 5, 2016
Best Company to work

. Challenging work , provide best possible environment to work.

. Team oriented environment.

. Awesome team
Pros
Employee respect, trusting you do the job, Agile
kept pretty busy
Mail Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMay 2, 2016
Good place to work, kept busy. hours were reasonable.People were pretty easy to get along with.
Pay was decent. Bosses were mostly good.
Good workculture
Oracle Apps Tester, Leading the Offshore team (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 2, 2016
Happy to work,learned technologies,co-workers very supportive,Nice envoirnment to work,good work culture.
Learning new things daily.
Production Manger
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 1, 2016
Great job but can only advance so high before reaching the ceiling. Great environment but sometimes you get bad apples that do not work out and causes problems.
productive and friendly work culture
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 29, 2016
Learned a lot , managing the projects, interacting with buisness and understand their requirements .Very friendly co-workers.
Great workplace. Flexible and interesting work.
Senior Design Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2016
Cisco is a great place to work. Smart, capable people working on interesting technology challenges that undergird the Internet and soon the Internet of Everything (IOE).
Calo
Cisco Advanced Lab Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 28, 2016
Wonderful work environment. Outstanding management. Great experience if you're happy with a 9-month contractual position.
Innovative and Collaborative
Director, Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 27, 2016
Innovative and collaborative. Fast paced with ample opportunity to contribute to the company's success. Very talented employees.
Pros
Flexibility work environment