Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 1,596 reviews matching the search
Good place to learn
Software/QA engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 24, 2017
You could learn a lot of things here. Management usually is good. The company reward you if you do a good job. You need to make much attention to details.
N/a
Architect, Customer Collaboration (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2017
Very good company to work at and good work culture. Lot of learning experience for someone who would like to pursue their learning and career further.
fun workplace
Business Analyst in PDOps (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2017
competitive atmosphere,
good learning curve,got good exposure about business processes & methods,
people are cooperative..brown bag sessions are really good
Best Company in America
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2017
I have worked at many organisations during the last 11 years, moving to America.
This includes Discovery, American Tire Distributors, a subsidiary of Michelin N/A, Tupperware, and Wells Fargo.

Cisco stands out as by far the best organisation I have ever worked for.
I only see it / my time there, as a privilege.
If you ever get an opportunity to work for Cisco, jump go.
Do not care about the money (They pay best in Industry anyway).

I will rejoin Cisco on a drop of a dime. Was silly to leave in the first place!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Nothing. It is Cisco...
Terrific place to work, lots of opportunity, learned a lot
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2017
This is a wonderful work environment, with plenty of opportunities to learn and broaden your horizons. The culture is innovative, the people are hard-working, and the pace is fast. If you like being on the leading edge of technology, this is the right place for you!
Pros
salary, flexibility, advancement options
Cons
hours
Excellent company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2017
Cisco is very good at challenging your abilities and solving complex and ambiguous problems. Fun place to work, very collaborative. Excellent tools and ability to create awesome products and solutions.
Pros
Culture that fosters creativity and growth.
Work life balance with opportunity to grow
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2017
Cisco is a world in itself. Cisco a networking giant, is a great place to expand your networking career. Cisco acquir.es companies to expand on technology. Workplace culture is friendly and management is focused on mentoring
A good place to work
Principal Advisor- Healthcare Strategy (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 20, 2017
Culture of performance. There is flexibility and freedom to pursue what is right for the customer.

Management is in transition- Cisco is being transformed by a relatively new Management team in every organization of the Company. This change will re-define, work culture and well as work values.
Fun and fast paced
Senior/Lead Software Engineer (QA) (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAApril 19, 2017
Was always very busy with deadlines for milestones but had fun with the people I worked with. Could be very stressful at times with insufficient time to complete tasks.
Cisco Commercial Finance
Commercial Finance Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 16, 2017
It is a very fast paced work environment that requires complex financial analysis for very large/complex opportunities. The hardest part of the job is that I am responsible for the largest and most complex customers, who are very demanding. The most enjoyable part is to know that I play a key role in $100+M transactions with very high visibility.
Cisco Review
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
A great place to work, learn and evolve. I learned a lot of technical abilities during my time here as well as honing pre-sales skills that came in handy later on when I was a Sr. Consultant.
Great company and culture
Sales Finance - Senior Controller (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2017
Great company, with a vision for market transitions, and leader in their industry. The management supports a culture of empowerment and is always striving to be the best.
Pros
Culture and employees
Cons
Large company trying to stay agile
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2017
I worked at Cisco 10 years. I enjoyed my time there especially with the divisions that I supported. We had great managers as well as executives that cared about their organizations and would support you as you worked on different projects helping you excel in your career path.
fun
Analyst - Business, US Public Sector (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 12, 2017
Cisco makes a day at work, fun. My roles have not been micro managed and enjoyable. This is a company that I would definitely true to get back in. I was laid off.
Great for work/life balance
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2017
10+ years at Cisco. Great for work/life balance. Mature company with seasoned leaders. Global supply chain presence. Depending on your position, you may need to be in contact with colleagues in Asia and Europe. Lots of conference calls at 8am and 8pm.
Was Scientific Atlanta. Now it's Cisco
Network Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 11, 2017
Started working with Scientific Atlanta in 2003, and did field engineering work for 13+ years. SA was one of the two major players in the Cable TV industry in North America. Great company, strove for excellence, and got it from all in our team. Cisco purchased SA in 2009, and moved their culture in. The team continues to fulfill Cisco's vision for video.
Review
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 10, 2017
Great company to work for. However, work life balanace is a bit off have to work more hours to keep up with work load missing out on family time.

Thanks,
Cisco Systems
Sr. Project/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2017
Cisco is an excellent company in the Silicon Valley. It has a vibrant culture of performance and accomplishments. Work-life balance could certainly improve for all employees.
Doesn't meet its potential
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 9, 2017
Cisco does everything by job description. It's difficult to get new projects when they come out. Also, management has a tendency to go to the same people and doesn't really distribute the new opportunities.
Pros
Work with capable, smart people
Cons
Easy to get stuck in a job rut
Exceptional career opportunities IF you are willing to accept break/fix roles and take on challenges
Regional Manager - Global Commercial (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 9, 2017
Cisco presents many opportunities to diversify your career experiences whether it be in the direct sales or partner organization. Beware of the experiences and roles your direct and second-level leadership have had as a word to the wise.
Pros
IT market leader
Cons
Culture has changed with growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval