Cisco
1,181 reviews

Cisco Employee Reviews

Happy with job, but management approach change threatened job security
Full Time, Database Management Specialist II (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible with telecommuting
Cons: low feeling of job security
My team's approach to training was to have senior peers do all of the training/mentoring of new employee's. Not only did the employee designated to train me support me fully, but so did every other team member that I reached out to. It truly felt like a team culture where everyone wanted each other to succeed.

Other teams within the company did not appear to have as unified a teamworking approach.

Once you are employed at Cisco, movement within the company becomes much easier and management is much happier to see you change to another role within the company than to leave to the company.
Excellent work life balance
Technical Lead (Current Employee), San JoseJuly 2, 2015
Excellent work life balance. Cisco has some very nice people and some are not. Excellent tools to access things online from anywhere.
Typical Day
Sr.java /J2EE Developer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 2, 2015
SVO is a Service Order capturing application to support the customer with post sales service delivery. This system allows customers to submit the request for the repair or replace of the equipment they bought. This system was enriched with web 2.0 UI model and has made an exponential growth in the acquisition of new customers for our client. The total system consists of various sections those are Contract, Shipping, Billing, Parts and Delivery Options. Customer should have the valid contract to submit Service order and shipping section allows users to enter shipping address or one time address for the parts to be delivered. Billing section allows user to enter billing address and billing code which is used in payments.
Great Company to work for
Agile Master Black Belt Coach (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great Industry leader
Cons: Many Abbreviations
Roles are Target oriented,
Managers and Peers are very Professional
Technology is widely used to keep people informed and good efforts are made to create work-life balance.
stable place
Sr. Director Engineering Cloud Services (Current Employee), san jose, caJuly 1, 2015
It is a large stable company where you can be part of a large family. They are involved in many different businesses. People recognize the name
Still a good company
IoE Healthcare Solutions Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CaJune 28, 2015
Pros: It is a relationship company
Cons: Too many layoffs
I work for Cisco for 16 years and really had a very good experience. I learned a lot of new skills. My coworkers were great in sourcing information and helping to get the job done.
Great team environment,
Partner Programs Sales Support (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 27, 2015
I gained an exorbitant amount of valuable knowledge and skills working at Cisco. I am looking to further my career and see what other options I have.
Short-Term but fun work environment
Data Center Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and breakfast.
Cons: Hot environment, searching for missing parts.
I was contracted out to help in the Cisco data center, where I began by clearing room in the housing (blade frames) to move the servers to. This involved manual labor and very tight spaces, because it was a data center it was very hot from all of the running machines. I learned how to disassemble and reassemble blade frames in a data center and all of their wirings. I worked with one other employee. The hardest part of the job was making sure your counted the space on the frames properly so all of the machinery you are moving fits in its new home.
Nice place to work. New Management
Program Manager, Information Security (K-Force) (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: WFH options
Cons: Slow growth
Hoping the new management will bring in changes which are for good. Some days are very busy. Lot of learning opportunities. Pleasant place to work.
just like the way google is now
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), san jose caJune 24, 2015
ran the receiving dept. I learned a great deal there to bad in was a contract job every thing was free there food snacks drinks always a function going on great people
Productive and Fun place with Ping pong table
Project management/leadership roles for networking (Former Employee), San Jose, California USAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, excellent company culture
Good learning experience how global company works. Top management best I have seen. Lot to learn and emulate best practices.
Cisco
Great work life balance
Ability to create processes
Nice workspace
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2015
Great place to work with many different things to do outside and around the office.

I think this is ridiculous that I have to rate my own company against my will.
Cisco is trying to find its bearings - again
Global Solutions Lead, IoT and Cloud (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Work Life balance
Cons: Lack of management focus/attention span
Overall Cisco is a great company. Considering it was built with acquisitions, there are fantastic and talented people onboard.The biggest challenge at Cisco is the lack of management attention span. If the corporate focus is defined and sustained - it will emerge as an even more successful company.
Productive and fun work place with lots of areas to advance.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 15, 2015
I have supported a VP earlier in the carrier, and am now sporting 3 directors. Changes due to Org Changes. I enjoy the environment and love that Cisco offer allot of internal training and benefits to their Full Time Employees.
Great historically but not the bee's knees anymore.
Project Engineer II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
Pros: Ethnic people, ethnic food, diverse leaders, travel
Cons: Managers are all hands off in both good and bad ways - untrained.
The used to be on the bleeding edge but now they are just a marketing firm that builds nothing and advertises for millions of dollars a pop on professional athletic event boards.
Great place to work. If you're good, you'll work yourself out of a job.
Program Manager (Current Employee), San JoseJune 9, 2015
Pros: Can work from anywhere with some groups.
Cons: Short lived programs / projects
Great place to work. If you're good, you'll work yourself out of a job. Once the program / project is complete, there is little chance for any support funding.
Great workplace having the opportunity to learn about the future of IT
Customer Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Ability to work anywhere
Cons: Not enough employee integration or team building activities
We align our work to our business goals and our customers’ needs.
Management is always looking for ways to innovate for a better tomorrow, eliminating manual processes as much as possible, to move on to take on larger Business project needs.
Excellent company to work for
Account Manager, US Sales (Former Employee), Irvine CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great work environment and people to work with
Cons: High goal expectations
Excellent company to work for, great environment, a lot of mentors, much opportunity to grow, learn and collaborate with many people in different fields.Open management style and open communication makes it easy to work with anyone in company. Open culture enables each person to develop and grow as they see fit. Plenty of opportunity to learn about different roles. Coworkers are good to work with. The hardest part of the job is high goals every year. You have to be able to adapt to change and achieve your goal each year. The most enjoyable part of the job is direct interaction and getting to know customers. Great managers and upper management at this company. They encourage open communication. They support mentoring. They support volunteer work. They match contributions to charities. They have great people working there. They have very good benefits. They support good life and work balance. You can grow your career. It is a very good work environment in the office. They fully support your position and advancement in career. They have a diversified environment and people from different cultures.
Great place to work!!
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 5, 2015
I love working at Cisco. A typical day can really be anything with the team that I am on although the constants are we get in and get in our phone que followup any trouble tickets from the day before and work any that get assigned to us. I've learned a lot working here even in a short time every person has their own view on things and is always willing to sit down and talk about the inner working of devices or networks too you. I love the management and co workers. They are all very lively and friendly people we often even get free food from the management on holidays or meetings or anything such. The hardest part of the job I would say is there is none, as long as you are motivated and fight like you love the job you will move up and never have to worry about having to leave this company. The most enjoyable part of this job I would say is the interaction with coworkers. If you want to learn new things and be involved in some bigger things then what your in all you have to do is ask, its just that easy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more

Cisco Salaries