Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 1,602 reviews matching the search
Great for work/life balance
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2017
10+ years at Cisco. Great for work/life balance. Mature company with seasoned leaders. Global supply chain presence. Depending on your position, you may need to be in contact with colleagues in Asia and Europe. Lots of conference calls at 8am and 8pm.
Was Scientific Atlanta. Now it's Cisco
Network Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 11, 2017
Started working with Scientific Atlanta in 2003, and did field engineering work for 13+ years. SA was one of the two major players in the Cable TV industry in North America. Great company, strove for excellence, and got it from all in our team. Cisco purchased SA in 2009, and moved their culture in. The team continues to fulfill Cisco's vision for video.
Review
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 10, 2017
Great company to work for. However, work life balanace is a bit off have to work more hours to keep up with work load missing out on family time.

Thanks,
Cisco Systems
Sr. Project/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2017
Cisco is an excellent company in the Silicon Valley. It has a vibrant culture of performance and accomplishments. Work-life balance could certainly improve for all employees.
Doesn't meet its potential
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 9, 2017
Cisco does everything by job description. It's difficult to get new projects when they come out. Also, management has a tendency to go to the same people and doesn't really distribute the new opportunities.
Pros
Work with capable, smart people
Cons
Easy to get stuck in a job rut
Exceptional career opportunities IF you are willing to accept break/fix roles and take on challenges
Regional Manager - Global Commercial (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 9, 2017
Cisco presents many opportunities to diversify your career experiences whether it be in the direct sales or partner organization. Beware of the experiences and roles your direct and second-level leadership have had as a word to the wise.
Pros
IT market leader
Cons
Culture has changed with growth
Work summary
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHApril 9, 2017
Very demanding work schedule, poor opportunity for advancement, very much in flux - I would definitely not recommend unless you located in either San Jose or Texas, which I was not
Company with Great Values, but Difficult to Make it as a Contractor
Contract Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2017
I really support the culture of service and contribution to the community at Cisco. As a contractor there, I have sometimes felt frustrated with the lack of clarity about opportunities that exist for becoming full-time or for advancement. I am still making the same salary as I did a year ago, after a year of hard work, and I'm having trouble paying my mortgage. Cisco does a lot for the community and asks a lot of their employees. It would be really nice if they also paid them better for their effort. Overall, I recommend the company for its people and culture, but would caution against getting an indefinite role as a contractor.
Top Notch Organization
Enterprise Account Manager III (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 7, 2017
I worked for Cisco for over 13 years and loved working there for the most part, things were changing when I left so I'm not sure how it is today but it used to be a wonderful company to work for.
Excellent work and life balance
Partner Platform Release Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 7, 2017
One of my best places to work. I rate it as number 1. The management team is fair and honest.
The culture is competitive but healthy.
The company allows the ability to work from home if the job doesn't require the need to be on-sight (generally that applies to non-technical positions)
Great Company to work
Senior Finance Manager, WW P&L Planning (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2017
I have been with the company for about 10 years. I have been in various finance roles and learned alot. I hope to work at Cisco again in the near future.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
getting laid off anytime
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJApril 4, 2017
Always Productive, work closely with executives, work closely with peers and sub ordinates. Guide them and they will do their job professionlay. Good relatiosn with eh partners.
Collaborative, Inclusive Work Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 4, 2017
Work with my team relied heavily on collaborative technology as team members are spread out throughout the United States and beyond. They've done a great job of building an inclusive team environment where everyone is willing to step up and help each other to meet team goals.
Overall Great Place to Work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 4, 2017
Cisco is great when it comes to work/life balance and has proven to be a great started place for most. The CEO is doing a great job and has introduced a 40-hour volunteer PTO for those who want to volunteer and not take time off.
Good
Oracle EBS Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 3, 2017
During my time at Cisco, I got to do some good work to improve my skills especially to develop functional apart from the technical skills, which i was holding.
Awesome Place to work
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 3, 2017
Gave me a great opportunity for the past 8 years. Learned a lot and me many new people along the way. Gained experience from my mentors. Came out with an extensive amount of knowledge.
Pros
Meet new people, work from home
Cons
never made me permanent
Got to do some good work.
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  INApril 2, 2017
During my time at Cisco, I got to do some good work to improve my skills especially to develop software features that need to handle huge scale. Being first company to work for after my college, I made many good friends in this Organisation.
Cons
Bad work life balance many a times.
Good company to work for.
Senior Operations Manager, Services Commerce PMO (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2017
Great environment to work with world-class leaders. Opportunity to influence industry leading products. Ability to share the future of technology worldwide.
Great Company,Constant Lay-off's
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 31, 2017
Cisco is a fantastic organization and I enjoyed working with many talented people. The down side is the organization is in a constant churn. At quarter and year end the company will predictably lay off a number of consultants and FTE creating an environment of instability.
Pros
Brilliant Minds, Cutting Edge technology
Cons
Is in continual lay-off mode
Love it!
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2017
Love the company and the people I got to work with. Worked as a team and we were like family. Great work/life balance. Definitely a place where you can grow career wise and in your network.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.