Cisco Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Sr. Manager, Advanced Services (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 7, 2018
If you enjoy a fast-paced, VUCA environment where you can take ownership and responsibility for the success of a project, then Cisco is a good choice for you.

If you are a person that is more comfortable with predictable processes and structure, then it would not be a good fit.
Financially rewarding but at a cost
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Extremely competitive workplace, long hours, never really "off the clock". Very stressful, management issued unreasonable goals and expected them to be achieved.
Benefits
Cons
Comes at a cost of personal health and family time.
Cisco is a great place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 6, 2018
Cisco is a great place to work. It has is a fast paced collaborative environment that is very inclusive. I enjoy the flexibility I have in terms of workplace (home or office). Very well managed.
Great technology; 24x7 culture
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I worked in a corporate role; Company is built on its technology, which enables an amazing global workforce. The flip side is it is a 24x7 job - work follows the sun, but also depends on leaders to show up to maintain global presence and alignment.
Pros
Great technology, competitive salary and benefits
Cons
highly competitive workplace, 24x7 follow-the-sun culture
Good work life balance
Technical Leader - OS Interop/Certification (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Great coworkers, good culture. Great life work balance. Lack growth vision from the upper management. Bad investment on companies which wasted alot of money.
Overall I personally like to work at Cisco.
Hyperion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Flexible hours and able to accomplish and learn at the same time.

Working at this company gave me an opportunity to stretch myself and learn more, increased my overall level of knowledge about the processes in the area of business I was involved in.
Pros
challenging and ethical
Cons
too competitive
Productive and Collaborative teams
Contract Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 3, 2018
I was a contract programmer for Cisco. I found Cisco to be a wonderful company to work for. Its tools and team spirit have spoiled me. My contract went well, and I can give references from all the people I worked with. Funding for our project was cut, so I and another contractor were let go.
Used to be very good company
Project/Program Manager, Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Working for Cisco once was a proud moment. Now every 6 months Cisco has layoffs. Employees at Cisco always feel that there is a sword hanging over their head and it may fall on them at any time.
Too Big
Product Lifecycle Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Lots of politics, lots of the right hand not doing what the left is doing. All of the decisions and priorities are made so high up the hierarchy that the managers and individual contributors have no say in what they should / could / do.
contractor
L10n Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I was a contractor so wasn't fully integrated into everyday life there, but from what I saw it was great.
There is not much more to say really. blah blah filler words. you guys are so pushy with your minimums, I can't click "next" until I meet them. sheesh.
Great Gym and very good management
Sales and Training Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Cisco is a very large company and it can be difficult to get to face to face meetings on time. The culture there is very forgiving regarding this issue. Work life balance was very good.
Pros
Wonderful Gym!
Cons
Difficult to get around
Focussed professionals
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I found Cisco to have an older, more traditional and serious workforce than I had experienced in previous Silicon Valley jobs. However, they were skilled and dedicated, and I enjoyed the work and the team interactions. Since my contract position was very focussed within a small team, I was not able to clearly evaluate the broader interactions that I might have experienced as an employee. I would certainly take another contract there if offered.
Pros
Professional, dedicated staff
Cons
Frequently shifting corporate priorities
Good company
Sr. Program Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Good management. Good working conditions. Good team work. But, difficult to get converted to full-time. I heard these days it is getting difficult to extend the contract also.
Good place
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2018
This is a great place to work. Lots of opportunities to learn and advance. People are supportive and it is fun to come to work every day. Benefits are also great.
Good Introduction to VOIP
Telepresence Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 1, 2018
-Plentiful resources are provided to further education
-Workload and stress can very widely
-Encourages cooperation and knowledge sharing
-No PTO is give even on holidays.
A Long Ride
Senior Field Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 1, 2018
I learned so much in this environment and had a great time doing it. I still have friends in the industry who like me have grown and moved on to higher positions and responsibilities with other like companies.
Work hard, but rewards are worth it
Senior Analyst/Process Lead (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Work hard, but very good work environment, well respected. collaborative. I learned how to manage multiple projects and lead a team. Unfortunately the area I worked in required the employees to move to North Carolina and I was unable to make the move.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
at times excessive hours
It was good to work at Cisco
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 31, 2018
The team I worked with at Cisco was very cooperative.
I have learnt a lot at Cisco
The work culture is good.
The environment was good.
The overall experience was good.
Productive environment and fun place to work
Sales Enablement Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
The company had easy to understand top down goals and objectives that every employee could align to so everyone's work actually helped the company meet its overall goals objectives.
Pros
State of the art facilities with open seating
Cons
hard to find private work areas
Cisco is a global technology based company; fast paced and friendly
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Cisco is a global technology based company; fast paced and friendly. On the Sales side of Cisco the culture is great. Management allows you to work independently and check in when needed. You can always get help from your peers and the company is very much about putting their customers first. In my role as an administrator, I am very loyal to my work. I have learned so much about the importance of sustainability. It is a very project oriented atmosphere, so contractors aren't likely to convert and will stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K