Cisco Employee Reviews

Good Company
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 12, 2017
Good company too many layoffs, no security. No advancement for support staff but great benefits and good people that work in the trenches. Pays well
Interesting work, not much opportunity for advancement
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 12, 2017
The work was interesting, but upper management took a long time to make decisions, and were slow to respond to the market.

In the end, it affected the project we were on, as hundreds of engineers were laid off, but the management and marketing team are still the same.
Pros
Good, solid engineering work
Cons
No budget for training.
Company in transition from network hardware provider to network software provider
Service Sales and Business Development (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 11, 2017
Quick paced competitive environment with wide opportunities to learn new technologies, skills, and customer environments. The most enjoyable part of working for the company was the people and the knowledge and unique skills that they brought to the workplace.
Relaxed Environment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  San JoseDecember 11, 2017
Was a vendor working there.not employee. Though I was not directly working for Cisco, I could see that the employees had good flexible time opportunities.
Good company
Software Engineer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 10, 2017
Contracted for Cisco, good company, good management. Lawrenceville, GA. campus was large with cafeteria, coffee shop and gym on-site, electric vehicle charging stations in parking decks.
Productive and innovative
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 8, 2017
If you are curious about technology and connect with the right folks in your Org. you'll learn a lot. Great company and it's got global locations and programs to keep you educated.
Pros
Tech Innovations and opportunities to explore
Cons
job security and politics
Good pay and benefits, but no longer secure place to work.
Engineering Head (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2017
Good Benefits, career advancement is very good. Ability to move within the company. Total compensation is very good.
Current issue is too many on-going layoffs and restructuring.
Fast-paced but flexible place to work
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Would recommend as a place to work. Fast-paced and demanding work schedule. Appreciated the flexibility to work from home when needed.
Cliques and Poor Ethics
Engineer (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCDecember 6, 2017
I worked at Cisco in RTP for a few years. Over time it become obvious that my project peers were working other full-time jobs and shouldering me with an unfair amount of project burden. I made management aware of this issue but they were too busy to effectively look into the matter. It was a complicated issue; management typically doesn't have time to manage staff at Cisco and actually see whats going on. Many managers have too many employees, some like mine have the title of manager but are really too busy working a sales role. This puts them in the place of trusting mid-level employees.If your under a shady one theres not much you can do.
It got very shady in my exit interview when no HR representative was present. In lieu of that I was given a web form to fill out.
Well balanced work environment
Director Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 6, 2017
Excellent place to work, learn and be challenged to succeed. The best part of the job is the people and the culture. The opportunity to see your work make a difference to the world is truly rewarding.
Good company - don't expect too much though
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 5, 2017
Cisco is great but there are some problems that come with a large company. Here you probably will not feel like you are adding much value because everything moves at such a slow pace. Most of the management is so busy with their own stuff that they don't manage at all. Besides those 2 things ... everything else (benefits, pto, ceo, free coffee, free lunches sometimes, company values, working from home, etc) is awesome, makes going to work pretty easy.
Good salary/bonuses, long hours, job advancement limited
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 5, 2017
Great place to work and learn. Limited opportunities for advancement. Lots of turnover and layoffs. Good leaders and motivated employees. Generally interesting projects.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 4, 2017
Cisco gives you the possibility to innovate, bring ideas, collaborate and disrupt. People is Cisco's best asset.
The company is in constant change, bringing constant challenges you never get board. Work is fun but stresfull.
Pros
Great people and culture
Cons
Annual layoffs
I rather not give any impression about my time at Cisco. .
Network Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 3, 2017
I rather not give any impression about my time at Cisco. I have work for this company for over 2 years one as a contractor, and one more as an employee.
That is all I would like to say.
I believe in Cisco
Administrative Assistant, Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 3, 2017
Cisco is a great place to work. I have worked in my different facets of the company, manufacturing finance, corporate finance, IT, Engineering, and Marketing. Engineers are the best to support
Pros
live work balance, working from home
Cons
limited restructuring
Work, culture
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 2, 2017
It was fun working at Cisco, Gained huge knowledge and very nice people to help you along with your manager.
Lot of good new technologies to learn along with tools
Great pay and benifits
Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 1, 2017
Overall a great company but a lot has changed over the past 10 years. Also, the ongoing layoffs on a Q by Q basis makes it very stressful. No real job security!
Great place to work with wonderful smart people
Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed my tenure at Cisco. The culture is wonderful; the company has great values and social responsibility. The culture is collaborative and most of your peers are willing to assist. In many positions you can work remote. Everyday you learn something new, and you are constantly being challenge. During my time at Cisco (as a contractor and as a full time employee), I reported to 5 different managers: I was very fortunate and 4 of them were great. Obviously, your work experience is directly influenced by who your manager is. The company offers great benefits and even allows you to take paid time off to participate in community and charitable activities. Yes, you work long hours, but that have become the norm in most job places. However, Cisco work setting flexibility off-set the hours you have to work.

The biggest problem is the lack of job security: to adjust to the demands and market conditions and shifts, Cisco is having limited restructurings (layoff) more than once a year.

However, if the right opportunity would be offered to me, I would not hesitate a second to accept it
Pros
Great culture, great people, intellectually challenging roles
Cons
Limited restructurings (layoff) more than once a year.
Cisco
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 30, 2017
Cisco was the first company I worked for out of college. It was a great place to work. I learned a ton and grew professionally. There were a lot of changes when the tech market crashed.
Toxic Enviornment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 29, 2017
Management is arrogant, incompetent and abusive. Overloaded with work,and yet efforts go unnoticed unless you are "part of the gang" Treat Red Badge (contractors) extremely bad.
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.