Cisco

Cisco Employer Reviews

Typical
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Typical big company.

Management tries their best.

Not that innovative as they like to think,
Fun people and great eating facilities
Customer Interaction Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Check in and get on the phones and service Cisco's customers.
The management is great and would bend over backwards for you.
Software Engineer III (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: smart people around, decent compensation
Cons: sometimes to stressful
It's a decent place to work with salary on a market level and good benefits.
Of course it's a BIG company what has a lot of drawbacks, however how much you feel this strongly depends on team which you're on. I have the luck to work within well managed team and don't feel to much burden.
The work-life balance is quite good, however you still need to – more... do some late hours sometimes.
The most valuable part of this job is a lot of really smart people around. – less
A decent work place
Technical lead (Current Employee), san joseFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: process oriented
Cons: work life balance missing
Production support is not a good experience in Cisco. Process is well defined and followed . Typical work day is too busy (depending on the project)
But job security is not good.
Executive Assistant to VP/SVP
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: extremely challenging
Cons: constant threat of layoffs
Cisco is a great company to work for. A typical day starts off with prioritizing my to do list. It is great to get in the office early and get a head start on email .The boss arrives or calls I will then re-prioritize my list based on the sense of urgency. In between all of this I answer the phone and deal with the immediate needs of customers and co-workers. – more... As the face of the business, it is important that I handle interruptions to my schedule with graciousness and unruffled efficiency. – less
Great technology, flexible work life
Contract Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Boxborough, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: breadth of technologies and knowledge
Cons: too large to move sometimes
I worked in the IPTV division of Cisco in Boxborough, MA as a senior contractor.
Oracle production DBA
DBA (Current Employee), SANJOSE , CAFebruary 3, 2014
Oracle production DBA,Databases : oracle 11g, EM: 10G, Replication:Shareplex, ERP: Oracle E-Biz,
Great Internship
Market Research Lead Intern (Current Employee), Draper, UTFebruary 2, 2014
Did market research for the SLED departments for Cisco. Took data from databases and the web to compile useful information to set up boundaries where Cisco did not have a presence in.
Awesome place to work
Project Manager, Customer Advocacy (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Loved my job, co-workers, and learning opportunities. Fast paced environment. Must enjoy working with all types of people from around the world and with all levels of education.
Fun work place
IT Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2014
The job was fun, i learned a lot about the third party tool they were using.
Documentation needs to be more structured as its difficult for people who join new to understand the process.
Good Company to work for...
Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Good Company to work for, except they lay off a lot. Senior Management is set at where they are, it is the little people that get effected.
So so for contractors
Consultant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2014
They want want hire contractors for grunt jobs. Don't want to use talent or experience of the new hires to improve processes and productivity. They just want to run the environment as is.
Flexible Work Schedule and Enjoyable Colleagues
TS Finance - Business Analyst (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
Cisco is a great place to work if you're looking for flexible hours and colleagues who genuinely enjoy helping you succeed.

Advancement is hard at this point in time so if you're in a position that doesn't challenge you it's hard to get out of it. However, Cisco provides a lot of opportunity to improve yourself while you wait. Unfortunately, you don't – more... have any idea how long you'll be waiting. – less
Very productive lab with a great work environment
Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: was a contracting job so no benefits.
A typical day at work consists of running macros/scripts on 3 different sets of routers to update the IOS and other various software updates to prepare routers for Mechanical, Hardware, and Software quality assurance testing. I learned a lot about navigation through routers and debugging them. The managers were great you could tell they decided on options – more... that would be in the best interest of their own workers. Co-workers were friendly and willing to teach. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the down time when our lab had little to no projects coming in to be worked on. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability for me to show my skills and talents to the people around and the learning experience and the connections I made with my co-workers. – less
Accepted an early retirement package in 2011 to seek another career opportunity after 25 years with one company.
Benefit Administrator / Program Manager/ (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: varies roles and responsibilities. held many positions over my 25 year career.
Cons: no.
Managed day to day administration and communication for Section 125 Cafeteria Welfare plans such as medical/dental coverage, FSA, LTD and STD insurance, group life insurance, supplemental life, 401(k) Plan, pension, Loa’s and all requirements of federal/state programs such as ERISA and COBRA.

As Corporate support , provided administrative support to – more... the Human Resources divisions.Create reports and analyzes data as needed. Responsible for processing and maintaining employee data as well as assisting in defining procedures. Interfaced with the payroll department regarding employee transactions. Consulted with Information Management relative to system and software disconnects, enhancements, special projects, special reporting needs and data maintenance/retrieval. – less
Very good place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I learnt people management,Business Analysis,Data Analysis and good Management.
Passionate Human Resources Professional
Business Analyst Operations (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed HR work and in working with people. People are very valuable to employers and I want to make sure that I am apart of a team that treat employees with the upmost respect and integrity.
No job security. Constant restructuring and lay off's
ACCOUNTING MANAGER II (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Average salary but lots of favoritism. Employees are not rewarded by merit
great place to work at
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2014
working at cisco was a great experience. the teams and environment is great.
Fun place to work at
Manager, Software Development (Current Employee), Boxborough, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Strong experienced technical co-workers, good work-life balance, innovation encouraged and supported

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more