Cisco Employee Reviews

Executive Business Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Its very apparent that the left hand has no idea what the left hand is doing... WAY to top heavy!!! Mgnt located outside of SJ and typically out of state....
Pros
Wfh
Cons
work life balance
Good Company bad at Managment Level
Executive Assistant/ On-Site Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I was extremely busy at Cisco when on contract there. I found it to be very cut throat. My manager could not function without someone else doing her job for her. It was very strange.
Great company improving results by laying off people
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Just when people were counting out the company, it has surprised everyone by becoming more profitable. Let us not forget that this has happened because they have laid off many people over the past six years.
Good pay, stressful
Sales Acquisition Integration Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2018
expectations for influence on others outside the organization are unreasonable. compensation is great, benefits are great, and ability to work from home.
Pros
competitive compensation
Cons
stressful
Fast-paced, big company with really talented people
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Worked from homeJanuary 16, 2018
Cisco typically only hires really smart, dedicated and talented people who work really hard and are good at what they do. It's a great environment from that perspective. Salaries are competitive, and benefits are really good.

Level of bureaucracy is really low for a big company. It feels much more like an overgrown startup than a $50B/year Dow behemoth.

Expectations are always high. Work/life balance is only valued when it doesn't interfere with your ability to get the job done--no matter what it takes.

There is a current trend toward laying off the higher-paid, more senior US employees, and hiring younger talent, especially outside the US (lower wage areas). If that's you, and you're really smart and motivated and good at what you do, Cisco may be a good fit for you.
Pros
Great culture, smart+talented+motivated people
Cons
Don't expect to last long if you're over 40
Cisco review
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance. Dedication to pay/parity. One company--multiple opportunities for different careers. Org. is very flat and collaborative.

Cons

If you ever leave Cisco, you won't be able to go back to a traditional 8am to 5pm job again because Cisco spoiled you with their work/life balance.
Relaxed working environment with options to work from home.
HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 14, 2018
Work environment good for permanent employees with options to work from home and good benefits. Unfortunately, not much hope of getting hired on permanent.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Contract only work for most
Bad management
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 14, 2018
There was bad management in the end and lot of favoritism
Lots of night meetings because of india teams
Less co-ordination and transparency
Good pay and benefits
Well run competitive business
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Cisco is a massive machine with many opportunities for business, operational, engineering and technical sales. You will learn a lot. The culture is very fast paced and competitive.
Lead Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 11, 2018
a wonderful place to work, the GPMO is excellent and the culture of change at Cisco is one that I can get behind! Everyone behaves like real human beings there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fantastic place to work with great work/life balance and extraordinary benefits
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Worked with UK team (via video and SJ teams (2/3 by video and the rest in person). Morning meetings mainly b/c of UK aspect. Various meetings throughout day including AGILE daily scrum, weekly bug prioritization and bi-weekly planning sessions. Weekly customer troubleshooting. Weekly report compilation.
During my time at Cisco I learned much about how to avoid conflict in a team environment before it became a problem, how to cut down to the bare minimum in order to communicate status in quickly and easily digestible forms, and perhaps most valuable learning about other cultures and in some cases religions given the demographic makeup of the teams I was part of and interacted with (Cisco prides itself on diversity)
Management was clear and fair and efficient, I very much enjoyed working for all my managers throughout my time at Cisco.
The hardest part of my job was during the final push towards release date, as there were many ISO-9000 mandated gates we had to complete before release, but needed to be far enough along in development before we could start this activity.
Easily the most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with, who were dutiful of their responsibilities, as well as being fantastic, funny and fun people to work with. I thought I would hate the move to open floor office space, but in fact loved the social aspect of it.
Pros
Onsite Cafe that had a phenomenal breakfast
Cons
In my case career advancement was ill-defined, but that is clearly also partly my fault
it was great learning and smart people around
SR. PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Joined Cisco after finishing masters. So great learning, many talented people around. It was a bit slow when it comes to doing something new but everyone was very thorough in what they do. Its a very well oiled machine that delivers on planned things year over year. When it comes to new things, there is always analysis-paralysis and too much scrutiny and quarterly benefits. Though, this culture is changing slowly.
Productive workplace but lack of advancement
3rd Party Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2018
- Most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and balance of life. It let me work from home.
- Typical day at work consisted of me signing onto webex, responding to escalations, working with team on projects, and handling individual work
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits with contract, lack of advancement, job security in company
Great team work. Love to work at Cisco
Program Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great team work. Love to work at Cisco. Lots of potential to learn and grow. Great management. Flexible hours. people are friendly and help you a lot.
Pros
Potential to learn new things
Cisco
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Cisco is a great place to work for longevity and stability. They continue to innovate and enter new markets, deepen relationships with existing customers.
Great company for Work-Life Balance
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Very supportive of work-life balance. Suitable for a person who is looking for stability to focus on other aspects of life (example: family, traveling).
Place to work in networking and communication
Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Place to work in networking and communication - you do not get this often at other places. This company has products which powers the global internet.
Big, slow moving company
Marketing Operations Strategist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Cisco's current culture does not represent the current tech culture of fast, progressive atmosphere. It is a comfortable environment, but difficult for professional advancement. With new executive management, I believe they will have continued changes over the next couple years to change the company culture more modern.
Excellent company to work for
Cloud Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 9, 2018
- Excellent company to work for.
- Excellent Open and collaborative Culture
- Opportunity to grow
- Learning and career development resources available.
Great team!
Virtual Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Cisco's assets are it's people. Much collaboration internally to engage customers efficiently and accurately. Dedicated individuals willing to take that extra step.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K