Cisco
1,208 reviews

Cisco Employee Reviews

Awesome
Change Manager Lead (Former Employee), San Jose,CAApril 16, 2015
I think I grew up here... Best company for me so far... I would love to go back. I believe however that there needs to be more emphasis on innovative ideas, which is hard to carry out when you have more than 70,000 employees.
Enjoyed traveling to different parts of the country
Service Engineer Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed traveling
Cons: Hard on relationships
I enjoy this job immensely. The satisfaction of completing a job and having the customer praise for such outstanding work.
Management software
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAApril 16, 2015
Establish a network environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting
learning expereince and educational
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MAApril 10, 2015
learning expereince and educational
learning expereince and educationallearning expereince and educational
Good Role, but not permanent - Contracting
Project Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 7, 2015
Cisco is a good company to work for, however as a contractor (and employee as well as I was once a blue badge) nothing last forever. I was once a very loyal employee, but in this new culture you are just a resource to be used and done away with when the project is done. That said, I do like the flexibility to work remote and currently it is better than the other options that are available. I'm not sure how long my role will last, and it sucks not having vacation, which I can't take as it hits the cash flow hard, so I send my family on vacation without me. :( It's been two years since I took a vacation.
Cisco Systems
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction
Cons: Issues within the project
Typical Day: Check customer requirements
What I Learned: TelePresence how, where and why it is needed
Management: My manager was a wonderful person. He lead our team with passion and grace.
Co-workers: My co-workers where committed to being the best.
Hardest part of the job: Not completing the work within the allot time due to issues within the project.
Most enjoyable: Customer satisfaction
Big company, lots of perks
Tier 2 Help Desk (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 6, 2015
I worked for CompuCom, a ton of politics, didn't get very much benifits that actual Cisco employees get. I did not feel like part of Cisco's family but more as an outsider since i wasn't with Cisco directly.
Productive and Fun
Manpower Contractor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: free drinks and gym usage
Cons: downtime in lobbies especially the slower ones
I spent most of the day greeting guests and making sure security guidelines were followed. I learned how to read people, dealing with so many personalities you pick up on body language and clues to help you greet customers. The hardest part of the job was there could be downtime and if none of the administrative assistants in the building had no work they needed assistance with time could pass very slow. The most enjoyable part of the day was the interaction with the guest and employees and meeting new people.
Ability to deploy your initiatives
Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Every day is a challenge and sales and finance operations are always looking to innovate or improve processes that helps productivity and customer experience. It is great when your ideas are listened and procured.
Great Company Great People
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 1, 2015
Typical work day consist of
Executive calendar management / scheduling prioritization
Expense reporting / management / reconciliation
Presentation preparation
Event / Training planning
Compliance report tracking / management
Special Projects
Correspondence generation / distribution
Approvals for system request (proxy and communication)
Meeting planning / organization
Travel arrangements
Data compiling / reporting
IT system trouble shooting
Software App trainer
The internet of things and big data
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue WAApril 1, 2015
Throughout my career with Cisco Systems, Inc., I gained experience and the skills necessary for providing administrative and leadership support to senior-level professionals; while overseeing daily business, office operations, project management and event planning. The motivation and initiative is to learn a company’s philosophies and procedures and work as a team member to achieve the company’s objectives.
Oracle DBA 9+Years of Experience
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Good Company to work ..I learned RAC,Dataguard,Broker,Golden gate and many other latest technologies which helps me improve professionally and personally..
Team Lead - BO Developer (Former Employee), Denver,COMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Beer Friday's
Sales Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free manicures
Cons: Pedicures weren't free
Used to tap kegs on Fridays and hang out and enjoy our commrades in arms. Changed a bit. On Tuesday's without fail, Wednesday's would always follow...I never could figure that one out :^)
Amazing place to work at
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 27, 2015
Love the work, people and the culture at this place. It has always been a challenging and a learning experience. Cisco offers a wide variety of opportunities to select from.
Heavy Politics
Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 25, 2015
Heavy Politics. Benefits & Perks are good and opportunities are available to move around the company. But the politics is a big turnoff.
Human Resources (HR) Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits are outstanding and a very competitive salary
Cons: None
Awesome company to work for when it comes to Flexible Work Practices and having a work/life balance. Management assists with creating the directional path and supports this by approving related courses.
Productive fun workplace
Customer Service Engineer II (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work in Home-office
Cons: Having to drive to the office in traffic
Cisco was a very fun place to work in.
There were times though, that I would have preferred to work from Home instead of driving in traffic to work on a daily basis
Great Learning Experience at Cisco.
System Test Engineer (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, tea, etc & Gym Access.
Cons: Some Managers are hostile to Contractors/Consultants!
Cisco is a great company to learn new software tools and work on different platforms. I worked at different departments over my 4 years in Cisco and had a wonderful experience of meeting great people there. Would definitely love to work there in the future for other departments.
Support is Reactive, Engineering is Proactive - Choose your risk
Technical Support Engineer - WW-SV TAC (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches whenever they ask for more, Access to free refurbished equipment, Lab access
Cisco is a great place to work, but make sure you start on the right side of the tracks. Starting out in support is a great place to gain exposure, industry insight and familiarity with products but it is never a wise long term career choice.

Cisco offers a wealth of opportunity to get promoted to the engineering side. To truely have a good work-life balance and tenure at Cisco you should think long term and get a career in engineering.

Support is the money maker for most companies, but it also accounts for most of the companies liability. Its a high risk job with a high return.

About Cisco

Are you changing the world? We are. Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and – Read more

Cisco Salaries