Cisco Employee Reviews

Found 1,593 reviews matching the search
Excellent work force
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Cisco workforce is an excellent one. Problem is upper management does not always appreciate them; ie layoffs 4 out of 5 years. Upper management could be better served with a vision to the changing markets moving forward.
Fast paced and always evolving
Data Analyst, Tableau reporting (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Very busy and "always on" global culture. As the world's leading network hardware company for many years, Cisco is starting to transition to a more software based company. This presents real opportunity to the right people.

Great to be part of such a winning team. Expectations for the company and for each employee are very high. Compensation and benefits are top notch but the most enjoyable part of Cisco is all the friendships that are forged in the heat of day to day battles.
Pros
Work From Home
Productive and fun
Technical Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Great work environment, opportunity for advancement, diverse, multicultural, with great benefits. Management staff are personal and approachable. Great place for longevity career building.
Communication overhead is high
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2017
For big companies like Cisco, experience can't be generic.
It depends on the group you're in, the co-works around you and the management personnel above you.
Productive and fun place to work
Global Process Manager (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere with many challenging opportunities that through hard work, dedication and strong work ethics provides the ability for recognition and rewards.
front desk
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2017
• Greet persons entering organization
• Provided administrative support as required
• Scheduling and coordinating appointment/ filing
• Managed record
• Order and kept track of equipment
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
bad traffic
Excellent place to work in every way
Manager Technical Support (Former Employee) –  California San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Outstanding in every way. Typical work day- busy. Learned- routers, switches, network and management tools. Management was great, easy to work with.
Culture- Professional. There were no hard parts of the job. Enjoyed the trouble shooting elements.
Pros
Given all the tools you needed to be successful.
Cons
None.
Wonderful work place
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2017
Very laid back - but still require work. Lots of people involved but good pay & benefits. Lots of virtual meetings. Must have room for multi-tasking
Progressive, Innovative, World-Class Company
Cross-Functional Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Cisco is a great place to work, all around. There are many perks, benefits, great people and career-paths. Only drawback is the yearly layoffs - they are always managing to the whims of Wall Street, so layoffs ("restructurings") are a way of life at Cisco.
Good Location
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2017
As a Business Analyst at Cisco, I have a deep familiarity with the Channel Program lifecycle and an in depth understanding of Partner Onboarding, Partner Activation, Partner Quoting & Ordering and Ongoing Program Management. I served as the lead Analyst for the above tracks for the Cisco Services Partner Program as well as the Emerging Software services and Industry Solutions Pilot Programs by defining, designing & implementing long-term, scalable operational processes across systems, cross functional teams & tools. In my current role with the Commerce & Renewal Strategy team I work with the Business architects, Product Owners & other sponsors to define & document the scope, requirements & architectural capabilities needed to be implemented on the new Cisco Commerce Workspace Renewals tool. This tool would replace Cisco Service Contract Center in February 2018.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great Culture
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I worked at Cisco for 13 years before taking an early retirement package. By far the best place I worked at in my career. Great leadership that put their people first.
Pros
Management, cross-functional collaboration, compensation
Cisco AM
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Challenging, yet rewarding experience. More work/life balance in RTP location as opposed to field sales. Most AM's work from home and spend 4 out of 5 days on the road in meetings, lunches, events, etc.
Pros
Great compensation
Work and Life Balance
Partner Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Fun and never a dull moment at work. Great Atmosphere. Very diverse crowd. Love the interaction with co workers. A leadership team that is providing updates to employees as how the company is doing and what they can do to make the life of employees much better.
Pros
Never a dull moment at work
Cons
none so far
A fine Company, for those who like macro management.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I worked at Cisco Systems, for a while, the people there were kind with me. But wasn't happy with the macro management they had. Overall the workplace was fine and very clean.
Pros
free lunches, worked my own hours.
Cons
to much macro management with the employee.
Flexibility at work but..........
Sr. Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Cisco provides flexible working environment that employees can work anywhere, anytime and achieve life and work balance. Lately the company has gone through many drastic changes which is taking away that very quality that made Cisco stay on the "100 best company to work for". It's really a shame to see that happen.
Good employer except for the annual layoffs
Sr Manager, Strategy, Planning, & Biz Ops (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2017
This was a great employer, now it's just a good employer. The layoffs every summer have definitely impacted the culture - there's a reluctance to take risks, for fear of failing and being the next one voted off the island.
Amazing but could be even greater
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 9, 2017
I really enjoyed myself working here. I have learned so much working here, between the trainings, and the conferences, I just keep on learning. The opportunity was awesome but I need to expand more.
Nyc Working place
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Flexibility, great benefits, competitive salary, positive work environment
Have worked at another company since leaving and realized how well Cisco takes care of their employees. Current employees should be very thankful because the grass is definitely not greener on the other side.
Review
Sr. QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Management can be improved. Not sure what caused this review to appear, but I will keep typing until it quits or I have reached the min.
Very glad to have spent time at Cisco
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Cisco very much. I got along with all my coworkers and they were all very appreciative and helpful. Working at Cisco has been very good for my career.
Pros
Flexible boss
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.