Cision Employee Reviews in United States

If you are still there, then time to find a new job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
I have no idea how this place is still in business. They have no idea how to manage people or know what the other people are doing. The only thing this company likes to do is buy other companies and lay off their workers. The biggest expense on the profit and loss statement for this company has to be the Human Resource area because of all the time wasted by hiring people, firing them, laying people off and then severance packages. If the department you work in is not important, you will be laid off soon. They can't roll out any new products. They are the laughing stock of the PR community. The pay is pitiful and the kid at McDonald's down the street is earning more.
Pros
Cons
Can't get time off and lackluster management
Cision
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
Great company to get your feet wet in sales. Learned a lot from my manager, but there's way too much turnover and the acquisition spree/mergers have left the place with no structure.
a lot of fun and great people
Mid-Market Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 2, 2016
Great place to work with an awesome office with basketball court and full gym. Met a lot of my close friends here and an overall great place to work
Healthy work environment, provides balance between work and leisure
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 16, 2016
Cision is full of very driven people that are goal oriented. Perfect for a person with moderate to advanced sales experience.
Pros
Fun environment, very unique setting
Cons
Ultra Competitive
Great company-but sales suck
Account Executive-Key Sales Tier 2 Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
This company is great, but there is some smoke in mirrors in regards to the compensation for sales. 50K is a long shot. Most sales reps. could be making more money doing other positions, elsewhere.
Fun Work place
Research Media/ PRS Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2016
Fun work place to be you can learn about everything thats going on in the world. nice work location, nice staff to be around.
Leaders with well-earned confidence in their abilities
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
I only worked at this office for a month but the full time employees all seemed driven and content. I was really glad to have had my first office experience here.
Pros
Incredible coffee, ping-pong table, great management
Can't believe all these good reviews
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
there is a reason there has been 75-80% turnover within the sales force over the last few years. Sales management is a joke. Hiring people that have never been managers and expecting them to lead doesn't happen and nobody respects them. Constant changes in mission, goals, comp plans, leadership, teammates, job descriptions offers no continuity.
Pay is ok at senior sales roles but is subject to change often. Work life balance is good because people show up at 831am and out the door at 459pm.
CEO is a great guy but has no clue what happens on the floor. This company doesn't care if you stay or go as they'll just replace you with someone else that is cheaper and more naive.
Pros
Office space, with some free perks
Cons
to many to list
I loved Cision BUT
Broadcast Production (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2015
I really loved working for Cision. I started out as a temp straight out of college. I was the youngest one in this huge corporate office and it was such an impressive job for me to have and put on my resume. They did not have the funds to keep me after my contract was up, but contacted me a few months later and asked me to join the team permanently. I was ecstatic. The pay isn't good, but I made it work and I enjoyed being there. Three months after having been a "permanent" employee, they laid me off again. I was heartbroken. I still am. I would do anything to have this job back and I'm still hoping they'll call me, even if it means being laid off again a few months down the line.
Pros
ping pong table, generally playful atmosphere, occasionally catered lunches
Work Life Balance and close to the train station
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2015
Cision was a great place for work life balance, I also learned a lot about accounting and using my educational skills. My last manager was great at leading and allowing you to gain more experience.
Good experience
Salesforce Developer / Admin (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
Overall very good experience working, learned steel bricks for CPQ and learnt DocuSign. Very pleasant work place and good management. Hardest part was preparing the field mappings for data migration.
Fun place to work with a lot of fun coworkers
Media researcher (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 3, 2012
I have very much enjoyed working at Cision. The atmosphere is very relaxed. Cision provides a good deal of flexibility with regard to time off for personal business, making it possible to make up that time or use Personal Time Off. My co-workers are fun, intelligent, inquisitive people. Mangement allows us to do our jobs with little supervision once we have learned the job. The most enjoyable parts of the job are making sure that the client receives the highest quality clips I can produce and my co-workers.
A unique opportunity to overcome challenges presented to you
Manager, U.S. Support Services (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 6, 2014
A unique work experience which is currently undergoing a lot of change in regards to the direction of the company. Outside of assigned company directives, an employee is given full autonomy to work on self determined projects if there is a business need that can be backed by data.
Pros
office atmosphere
Cons
below market value compensation
Productive, warm environment
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2013
A typical day at work would involve client/account interaction via email or telephone to outline objectives for digital media tasks. My co-workers at Cision provided me with many tools I was able to utilize not only at the company but skills I can take with me throughout my career. The office of Cision allowed everyone to be themselves and made the daily routine as fun and open minded as possible.
A young company with great people and environment
PR/Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2014
My star rating above sums up Cision pretty well. They have a great team environment across all departments, a energetic and innovative product & mission, great work/life balance, collaborative management team and areas for professional growth. My short time with Cision was due to the relocation of my wife & I to Austin, TX.
Fast Changing Environment
Applications Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2013
It's not a bad place to work usually, but like with any large corporation, departments and staff get merged, cut, and switched around on a frequent basis. It's disheartening at times

Duties:
- Analyze application issues
- Manage releases to production
- Update documentation
- Manage small projects
Pros
ok salary, free chips and drinks.
Cons
slow to promote, and quickly changing structure
This is a great company
Director of Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I have been here for over a year, and have been given the freedom to run the QA team as I see fit. This has allowed the evolution of QA drastically.

I would recommend this company to any of my qualified associates.
Private cubicle Experience
Editorial Calendar Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2012
While working at Cision I was assigned a cubicle where all of my work was produced. The staff and environment was friendly but the culture was very private and quiet. I enjoyed the independence and ability to work in different tasks but would have enjoyed a little more interaction with my co-workers.
Productive media research compay
Media Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 14, 2014
Loved working independently with data entry. Love most of my co workers. Enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
holiday lunches paid for by company.
Cons
none. enjoyed working there.
A good place to get experience
Senior Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2014
Cision was a place to gain experience. You learned how to deal with many types of people and communicate effectively to make sure that the job got done.

2.8