CIT Employee Reviews

Improvement Needed
Director (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 22, 2017
Struggling to find its way. Morale is very low. Management transition is generally an opportunity, but current management still needs to find its groove and convey a sense of purpose and excitement. Pay lip service to customer focus. Employees seem to be losing faith, and cultural reinvigoration is needed.
Pros
Some balance in some positions. Relatively good benefits, although scaled back.
Cons
Morale at an all-time low, good employees are leaving, layoffs occurring, Resources are needed but budget cuts prevent it, Strategic vision lacking and not communicated, Faith in management is lacking, Real improvement and a cultural shift is needed fast.
Nice place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2017
Need better work/life balance. Compensation and benefit need to improve. Majority of managers are fair and great to work for. Job security is like everywhere else.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Good place to start-Not much room for advancement
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2016
This is a good company to start at and gain knowledge about the industry. Work life balance is great with management allowing time for personal responsibilities.

Management maintains a very open door policy and is always willing to assist and help individual grow and gain new skills. While they ability to obtain the knowledge is there, there are not open positions to grow within the company to build resume and career.
Cons
No room for advancement
Horrible place to work with little work life balance
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2016
This is a terrible place to work, been through many transitions and moved under management that has no idea how certain segments of the company works. Expectations including unattainable goals and projects. Overstaffed in some areas and understaffed in others. No uniformity across the recently merged companies. Preferential treatment to those who do not have enough work for an 8 hour day and treat employees who go above and beyond working 10-15 hour work days horribly. Pay is inconsistent and pay those with less responsibility more than those with education and extensive work experience.
People are friendly
Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2016
too many upper management changes

nice people to work with

it takes a long time to get promoted

we should get paid more

more recognition for people that work hard
excellent Company to work for
Product Manager/Market Maker (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 24, 2016
I worked at this company for fifteen years. I started out as an electronic technician and after three and a half years I went into inside sales where I remained for seven years before becoming a product manager. After four years as a product manager I was told after 911 hit to sell my entire portfolio which was data products. I was laid off in 2002. Management was nice, I felt like if they would have listen to some my suggestions for creating revenue then perhaps some of them would still be there and maybe I would too. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with new technology. the most enjoyable part of the job was closing big deals.
Pros
There was always a way to make money from the commission plan
Cons
N/A
This review is for the Pasadena Office
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 7, 2017
Management at the Pasadena Office is very unreasonable when it comes to deadlines. Management does not care about personal engagements, they just care that you are at work and on call 24/7. Management has no respect for its employees.
Productive, fun people to work with
Underwriter/Processor (Former Employee) –  WhitePlain, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I liked working for CITI was a good experience for me. CITI prepared me to work for WMC, I learned a lot at CITI. CITI taught how to handle clients records and how to research clients background
Pros
people i worked with
Cons
management
Excellent employer.
AVP - Portfolio Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey and home.September 30, 2016
Excellent place to work. Great people.
Very good support from co-workers and supervisor.
Excellent working relations between departments.
Wonderful work life balance.
not organized
Client Onboarding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
could be better with management and training and benefits and salary. so many changes and not positive ones. need organization and change
Pros
job
Cons
growth
Excellent
SR SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Great environment, friendly coworkers and leaders.
Location is convinent for commute
I was happy to make a positive contribution in a company that I am proud to work for.
Pros
Great people to work
Cons
Very profit driven
Fast paced fun place to work.
Lockbox Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2016
I was in charge of processing all checks and correcting any mistakes within those checks. The management and my co-workers were very professional.
Good env to learn many new things professionally
Sr Database Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJMarch 26, 2017
I stayed here for 4 years, which had helped me learn many things right from setting up native alert to building many in house applications to help DBA job very much easy.
Lots of different departments to choose from to gain experience, great benefits, onsite cafe
Vendor Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Relaxed environment, different departments to choose from to gain addition experience in different fields. Training is mostly on the job. I learned a lot about loans and leases and how to underwrite files, based on credit reviews and underwriting requirements. Feedback from employees unfortunately was not something that was widely accepted by some management. Made a lot of friends there and learned a lot to assist me in future careers.
Expanded my experience
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2016
Prioritized trouble tickets through the Service Now ticketing system and assigned to techs accordingly. Checked logs of all servers as a preventative maintenance measure and investigated issues.

CIT allowed me to work at my own pace and I was given the freedom to expand my troubleshooting skills by working with remote support from the home office. Building PC images, servers, configuration of the call management system, daily backup routines, new hire setups, troubleshooting internetworking issues, configuration routers/switching equipment as needed. Suggesting hardware/software purchases. Receiving inbound shipments. Working with the different business units to discover current/future hardware/software needs.

Local management was easy to work with on a daily basis. Remote management believed in a hands off approach and allowed decisions to be made locally with proper documentation and follow up.

All coworkers were strong adaptively and supported other workers with skills to achieve a common goal.

At times when remote support was needed is became a time management issue to get it resolved in a timely manner.

Working with my partners…knowing they had my back and I had theirs.
Pros
Freedom and flexibility
Cons
Little room for advancement.
This can be a well paying company if you play the office politics correctly
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 21, 2016
Most positions based on monthly volume. You will be expected to work extra hours for the last week of the month, even if a holiday is involved.
One of the worst working environments and culture I have ever experienced
Business Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 23, 2015
Given a choice, go elsewhere.

Not much to say. Climate of fear is how they operate. They'll make you work until midnight, weekends, holidays, and then year after year they'll say "well, things are tight we really don't have much in the pool for bonuses and raises" except of course for upper management and a select few that are in the secret club and know the secret handshake (so to speak).
Pros
You'll have a job for the moment.
Cons
Even being there a long time, each day you'll wonder if it's your last day.
Comfortable work environment
Senior Credit Analyst Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2016
The work environment is family oriented. Staff is dedicated to completing the company's goals and objectives. Staff demonstrates hard working and strong work ethics.
A company in transition
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2016
A good company that has an eye on costs. The company needs to invest more in people as well as technology.
This site wants more information than I can give.
Pros
Offices are In major cities, with good locations
Cons
Offices are in major cities, commutes may vary
Productive and gave me very well needed knowledge,
tech assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37209September 8, 2016
I would either handle any or all hardware and software issues around campus. From the library to student centers and much more. My manager was an amazing individual, always willing to help, worked with great people around me. It was very easy and understandable and easy to catch on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIT. Our community is ready to answer.