CIT Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Counselor In Training (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Playing with kids in groups.
How to take care of kids and safety.
The hardest part was which kid wanted to sit on my lap.
Being able to play and meet wonderful kids.
Pros
Getting to hangout with kids
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Company Culture
N/A (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 16, 2018
CIT has an excellent company culture and great work life balance. However, it lacks vision for young professionals when the company continuously hires externally. It is not necessarily the best company to jump start ones career.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Work Life Balance
Good Manager
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 8, 2018
I had a good manager who stretched my team and tried to develop us in good ways. The company itself was constantly undergoing layoffs and everyone felt insecure. Few agreed with the direction it was headed.
I was a temp
Collections Representative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJ 07039January 5, 2018
I was working as a temp in their collections dept. I was always in the top 3 and never compensated for my work. They claim becuase I was a temp they would try to work something out for me and never kept their promises. Than the manager was making comments about my body. He was a pervert. When reported it to HR they treated me like the bad guy.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
your treated like a dog
Workplace
Hands on requirements, data analysis, lead (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJDecember 11, 2017
Have learnt alot .. Work atmosphere is very challenging. management is great. Workplace culture is very good. Healthy relation with all my colleagues.
Avoid
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJDecember 7, 2017
Company is in disarray.
Not sure what it wants to be. Has had 2 reductions in head count since June 2017 with another planned for year end and another in 2018.
Has been selling off profitable assets to pay shareholders.
None of the signs are very promising.
Pros
Co-Workers, cafeteria
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work!!
Collector III (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 27, 2017
Micro-managers; during your interview you are not informed that your position requires constant phone calls to numerous clients and vendors along with tremendous amount of emails you have to answer to. Management only cares about meeting their own numbers and will blame you even if you meet your own quota. There are a lot of wonderful teammates but horrible management. Not enough pay for workload; great benefits though.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and micro-managers
Productive, Fun and Relaxed work environment
FC Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
CIT gave you the environment that allowed you to freely work at your own pace without having to me micro-managed. Management is very personable and understanding.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Analyst
Corporate Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
Poor management and few opportunities for advancement. However, the transactions available provided great well-rounded experience within my selected field.
Poor senior management
VP (Former Employee) –  NYOctober 26, 2017
Senior management is comprised of clique like groups who back each other even when someone is doing the wrong thing. It's all about who likes you, not how well you do your job.
Pros
Decent pay and good benefits. Good cafeteria
Cons
Poor management who pretend to be something they are not.
Cit inc
Commercial Collector (Former Employee) –  Danville, VA 24541October 23, 2017
CIT Inc was a good company to work for and offered a lot of people employment in a town that needed jobs. I enjoyed the people that I worked with in that company.
Good company
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 10, 2017
Great company to work for, easy going. I didnt have any issues there. very nice and friendly people, it was the 2nd best place that I worked at. There are alot of older people who are stuck in there ways but thats about the only negative.
Bad culture
Asset Management Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2017
not at this time due to employment repercussion of my 11 years with this company. Have seen extremely talented employees be looked over and eventually left the company.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
Asset Management-End of Lease Dept. management very poor
Environment is changing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
The business is changing to address current state needs of the business. Interesting working environment. Nice people who want to do the right thing and help.
Average Company
Systems Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
This is one of the leading corporate lending & leasing companies
Normal work hours
Good people culture
Expected competitive benefit
Competitive salaries
Good
Sr Java/J2EE developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2017
Good. very good. Satisfactory. Nice work environment. Well balanced work life. Goals of my team wear always clear and we were encouraged to help and grow together.
Backward Mom & Pop
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 31, 2017
A typical day consists of reviewing other people's paperwork and then being called out in meetings for having missed an occasional detail. Managers have no sense of the actual work being done by their reports and think they can cajole them into success. It does not help that team members are happy to report on each other behind their backs.
Pros
401K, health insurance
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing co workers
Good Work Environment
VP, FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE UNIT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 27, 2017
CIT has a good value of family and allowance of employees being able to present ideas and have a voice.There could be a good work life balance and room for growth in the right departments.
Stressful environment
Treasury Services - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 26, 2017
Can't remember much about the place. The environment was always quiet and stressful. No one ever smile, nor left their desk even for lunch. A constant fear loomed..
Pros
proximity to home
Cons
environment
good
SSIS/SSRS/SQL Server Developer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 28, 2017
good place to work and friendly working culture employees are all very proficient and good having good technical skills in all aspects including communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIT. Our community is ready to answer.