CIT Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  CharlotteOctober 7, 2014
Worked on contract for a year and 9 months..Never missed a day of work, was never late and never asked for any days off. A job position came open and another person was selected even though she is not fluent in English and her emails have to proof read by another team member before being sent out because she can not put sentences together in English. When calls are needed to make for repair on transport machines again another team member has to do the work and make the call because she doesnt understand alot of words spoken in English. Management is AWFUL!! I can not stress this enough however the job is very flexible and again managment does not pay attention to anything that is going on. Weekend work is great because you come in as you please and do as you please. Even though you are hired to work certain hours the people I work with come dragging in when they want. You can go to break or lunch whenever and however long you choose because again management has no concerns. Never have I seen a company like this. It is almost too good to be true as long as you can deal with a manager that lies and covers things up. When a higher up manager comes down from upstairs we are told before hand to make sure we put all contraband in an empty trash can under our desk before they get here. HR is a complete joke and takes nothing serious for their employees. So much stuff is hidden and covered up so the top dogs do not see. You will never have advancement unless you were here first. The positions that open up are for temps that have been here the longest . IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JOB  more... PERFORMANCE! Never have I seen a company of this manner. I think they hire straight off the street because several people I have worked with have come to work high on drugs, drunk and hungover and come in pajamas pants and tshirt.  less
Pros
come and go as you please, you can be late when needed, listen to music and headphones your entire shift of work, watch movies and play games on a tablet or cell phone, call out or not even call if you can not come in.
Cons
management is horrible in lockbox.
Productive, fun loving and very pleasant place to work.
Sr.Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CaliforniaApril 23, 2013
1) Typical day at work is very very tough and challenging. always working on my toes to make closure. In short description:
Check email. call end clients (Vendors) and candidates for follow ups and updates
Have follow up.Check updates for the closure, review the new requirement of the day, find candidates,Go on job portals look for them, contact them, screen their profiles, screen them over the phone,Negotiate the rates, send them confirmation and contracts, send them tips for tip top Interview or How to crack interview information and suggestions... Submit them and move on with other requirements.

2) This job is taught me how to balance my work and family life. I have learn very well how to screen through candidate it with in few minutes. Very last how to make good living with family with great revenue.

3) Management in this company is excellent and very prompt. Though, its strict but Its quite fair enough for all employees.

4) Co workers are just quite disciplined and polite and very hard worker. Always on their toes to finish the task before day ends. I am on of them as well.

5) The hardest part of job was contacting my candidates back...Some time they are not that aware of what type opportunity they are losing, sometime they don't wana discuss about how did their do in Interview. I have to keep calling them to get the information and it was some time quite disappointing and frustrating as well.

6)The most and fun part of my job is making more and more placement... Whole cycle of starting to end of making each closure. I am ppl oriented person and coming from IT back
  more... ground.. I have quite potential in me to screen candidate, their profile and evaluate their values. I enjoy being recruiter in any company.  less
Pros
free, coffe, free lunches, event celebration and some time bonus for hard working.
Cons
health care
Productivity of minds to do well
CIT Teacher Instructor E.B.D. Unit Dealt (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensSeptember 3, 2013
An emblematic day at work is implementing children minds that are in crisis. At times it may be that they didn’t sleep well to someone were killed in their family unit. It requires one to have empathy and sympathy in order for one to help these children. Also, one have to love what they do and believe in their abilities, that is the only way that one can truly help children [people] in crisis.
As they learn from me I also learn from them. I’ve learn patients and listening skills, most of all understanding of one’s mind. Moreover, those children are not bad; they at times make a lot of bad choices. I have learned that all minds can be helped if the person are willing to change, and if you show them unrelenting understanding and love. This I have seen and have learned from it.
Management skills are value to the team [T.-Together-E.-everyone-A-achieve-M-more], because you have to be able to manage your time with each child, and give the fair, fair rule to all. So, it takes working together and not having all chiefs, but Indians as well. When time is managed it works for the good of all. Nevertheless, you must have Co-Workers that are team players and no one can be bigger than the team, when that happens, then the system in of itself breaks down.
The hardest part of my job is when a child kills themselves, or they learn the hard way by go to penitentiary, when if they just listen, many of their troubles could be avoided. The best or shall I say the most enjoyable part of my occupation is when a child succeed, and learn from their inaccuracies of life, and they go on to do well.
  more... I had one student that learn and did a turn around and went on to Morehouse College and he is doing fantastically well.  less
Pros
incentive tickets that we used in the e.b.d. unit
Cons
insurance package
Productive but slow pace and low morale given ongoing lay-offs
Exec Assistant for SVP, CFO and CCO (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 9, 2013
A typical day at work is pretty diversified, demanding and filled with many facets of administrative work for C-Level Leaders. Extenstive internanational travel, calendar management, processing Visa/Passports, scheduling meeting/webcasts/videoconferencing, etc. Screening telephone calls, greeting visitors, guests and business partners. Managing highly confidential and sensitive information, processing expense reports, invoices and purchase requisitions.

My co-workers are essentail and interractive part of the day. Working together and collaborating, sharing information, coverage is a great benefit of working at CIT.

The hardest part of my day is dealing with overall low morale due to the ongoing lay-offs (restructuring) across CIT. Layoffs have been a big part of the culture here for the last 3 years and it has created a very insecure and demoralizing work environement for many. There is little trust and a lack of motivation that is apparent across the organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility I have with my immediate manager and the location.
Pros
work from home
Cons
expensive benefits
Great place to learn some valuable lessons on the business world and contracts.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day would consist of answering call from customers and calling customers to assist them with the return of equipment or the purchase of equiptment. I've learned that the job goes much easier as time goes by and you begin developing a relationship with your customer. The hardest part of the job was having to explaing to some of the customers, who did not contact us as the contract stated, that they would be responsible for keeping the equipment for another 90 days to a year. The most enjoyable part of the job was not having an upset customer who did not thoroughly read the contract.
Pros
helpful staff and supervisors, comfortable environment, friendly co-workers of which i still have a friend relationship with.
Cons
sometimes when volume was high .. there was no one to lend a hand.
Outdoor relaxing summer job
Camp Counselor, Counselor In Training (Former Employee) –  Long Lake, NYJanuary 19, 2015
A CIT is a Counselor In Training, and we aren't assigned into an area we go to different areas and help the area directors with different needs.

Go to breakfast, head to program area spend 3 hours there . (break) Help close up and head to lunch. (break) Proceed back to the program area for afternoon program that changes everyday of the week. (break) Help close up and head to dinner. Proceed back to the program area for evening program depends on the day of activity. The rest of the evening is of your choosing, then go to bed and the cycle repeats.

This was my first job so I learned a lot in this position.

We all have disagreements with each other but we get along so we can work together. I like working with the other guys and girls on staff.

Being in the outdoors 24/7 with practical no cell service.
Pros
outdoors
M&A 1st Year Analyst
Financial Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2012
This was my first job out of school. I worked on two very interesting deals - an international equity raise for a start-up airline company in Australia and a bankruptcy sales of assets to a private equity firm.

I was part of CIT's first investment banking analyst class. The group was struggling to generate deal flow and several senior bankers left the firm for other opportunities. I began to look as well, fearing for my own job security, and was fortunate to find another opportunity. As it turns out, they ended up buying another boutique group in Charlotte, NC called Edgeview Partners some months later. It was a good move on my part because I would have been left without a job.
Interesting company to work for
Remittance Work flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2013
Key data onto system process, process remittance items.

Run ncr machine. Opex, maintain work flow, process work for deposit.

I learned how to better direct a team.
My co workers were ok. There was never much conflict, people knew what they were supposed to do. They did it and that was that.

The hardest part was getting the checks out on time on a monday or friday. Those were heavy processing days.

I enjoyed doing the work, data entry and helping people comes natural to me. I didnt mind answering irate customer calls and i didnt mind opening and processing trays os checks. I wold still be there had i not got into my accident.
One of the worst working environments and culture I have ever experienced
Business Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 23, 2015
Given a choice, go elsewhere.

Not much to say. Climate of fear is how they operate. They'll make you work until midnight, weekends, holidays, and then year after year they'll say "well, things are tight we really don't have much in the pool for bonuses and raises" except of course for upper management and a select few that are in the secret club and know the secret handshake (so to speak).
Pros
You'll have a job for the moment.
Cons
Even being there a long time, each day you'll wonder if it's your last day.
Fast paced, productive office. Very professional.
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2014
THE CIT GROUP/CREDIT FINANCE, INC, Dallas, Texas
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President
Provided administrative support to the Senior Vice President in new business in commercial asset-based lending division. Managed office of 37 employees in five divisions including all office machines, tenant building issues and accounts payable reconciliation. Maintained operations of asset division including correspondence, attendance reports, and customer requests. Restructured in-house filing to facilitate a more effective mean of access and storage of prospective customer information to computer databases.
Pros
management was nice and professional
Cons
the senior vice present which i worked for had moved to frost bank
Hard working and fun work environment.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2012
I enjoyed running my own territory. The Division Head allowed the District Managers to operate independantly as long as production goals were met. My primary clients were loggers and I really enjoyed calling on them in the field, at the logging sites. I tore up a couple company cars, so I was provided a 4X4.
I also called on heavy equipment dealers in the territory.
The type of gear financed included logging, farming, fishing, heavy trucks and construction.
My co-workers were a great group who worked and played hard.
Pros
100% support by the office staff.
Very Considerate of Students
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lockwood LibraryApril 22, 2015
Every day you learn something new, either about the school or software and computing in general.
A lot of what you learn is the comical ways people find to do something incorrectly. It's often a fun brain teaser to figure out how to ask someone in the right way to understand where they got lost (While being polite).
You form a familial bond with coworkers, especially after a rude caller hurts a member of that family.
Pros
Very flexible schedules
Cons
Customers can be overly demanding
Your average large fortune 500 company
Tier 3 speacialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2015
Depending on what you do, for example I did collections. Come in at 8a.m, leave at 5p.m. No chance for overtime, very quite, sometimes very boring. Pay was decent, at least back in 2009.
Pros
Room for advancement, some decent employees, good managers, good pay.
Cons
No excitement, certain people who are just out for themselves to make them look good, HR is one sided they always never believe your side of story even if there is proof.
CIT
Director, Credit Risk Management Group (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMay 31, 2015
Old line finance company converting to Bank
The Entire C-suite has been hired by Thain and very sharp- the business units and team leaders are hit or miss some very good some just awful.

Culture is in flux and most long term employees hate it. Extremely silo place and managers do not cooperate.

If you in growing group your ok, but otherwise your going to get RIF. Still shedding and changing business units.
Some managers behave unprofessionally, are rude and belittling employees. Not a good company to work for!
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJDecember 5, 2014
This company rarely promotes from within. The management let go around 25% of people, gave the remaining people their work and a lot of new projects in addition to what it was before and basically does not care when and how the employees will do it. It is a sweatshop with terrible managers. Most of the managers are good specialists but have no social skills which makes it very difficult working with them.
OK company to work for
Senior Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 22, 2012
Prior to the company's backrupty CIT was better place to work. There was room for advancement and raises and bonuses were better. The management seems to be unconcerned with the fact that many of the best people are leaving to find better jobs for more money and less hours. A typical day can be from 9 - 12 hours. Managment seems to feel that this is standard and does not require compensation.
Pros
cafeteria in the building, good people
Cons
no life work balance, poor compensation
Very productive work environmnent. Good manager/supervisor and good staff.
Manager of Sales Tax Compliance (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 7, 2015
CIT Group, Inc. was a very good employer who give me my first opportunity to serve as a manager of sales and use tax compliance gained a very diversified experience because of the fact that my responsibilities exposed me to state and local, B&O, property and sales and use taxes.
I had a great staff of ten tax accountants who worked very hard in getting the job done and helped make my life easier.
Pros
Good working staff and great working environment.
Cons
Long working hours including weekends.
Lots of different departments to choose from to gain experience, great benefits, onsite cafe
Vendor Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Relaxed environment, different departments to choose from to gain addition experience in different fields. Training is mostly on the job. I learned a lot about loans and leases and how to underwrite files, based on credit reviews and underwriting requirements. Feedback from employees unfortunately was not something that was widely accepted by some management. Made a lot of friends there and learned a lot to assist me in future careers.
Very professional company, good culture, little opportunity for advancement
Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 13, 2013
Fast paced atmosphere, good team environment within the Recruitment group. I learned most from the experienced recruiters who know their stuff and are extremely professional. The company is very driven and is a hard working culture. The hardest part is no room for advancement. A great deal of organizational change is occurring in HR.
Pros
good benefits, good camaraderie amongst colleagues, opportunity to learn
Cons
little opportunity for advancement; uncertainty of place within new hr organization
Day to Day responsibilities
Vendor Account Specialist/Origination Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2014
• Provide customer service to Financial Advisors and Administration Managers for MLPA, IAP and SPA/MAS investment products
• Answer calls, emails and fax requests and follow through to resolution questions or issues
• Assist FAs, CAs and Administration Managers to rebalance respective client portfolios
• Research and resolve account portfolio variances
• Work with other organizations to research and resolve customer issues or requests for information
• Follow-up with customer to ensure satisfaction
• Follow proper escalation procedures to ensure client receives prompt issue resolution