Citgo Employee Reviews

Management Top Heavy
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2016
The management style changed dramatically with the implementation of Mid-Office. The parent company of CITGO is headquartered in Venezuela and when problems developed at the parent company and in the country in general it appeared that CITGO became a haven for PDVSA management employees wishing to survive the sinking South American economy. The cultural differences and the language barrier became a large stumbling block. More and more layers of managers were added making the routine approval process laborious and unnecessarily time consuming which slowed down the daily work progress. Communication became a problem. Instructions of how processes were to be accomplished were extremely unclear. Many employees felt no matter how hard they attempted to understand and accomplish the assignment, they had been set up to fail. People do not go to work because it's so much fun. We have families to support, bill to pay and children to educate. Fear became a dominant factor among employees. No one wanted to tell their manager "I don't understand what you are saying. Your accent is to thick." No one wanted to tell Human Resources "What we have here is a problem to communicate."
Pros
Compensation/benefits
Cons
Venezuelan management
good compant to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 27, 2016
its a good place to work for I liked working their people were good very busy store co workers were good their very enjoyable place to work a typical day is customer service and store cleaning if you had to
Was a convenient job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Comstock, MISeptember 14, 2016
Was an easy job, days went by sort of fast. The job was simple. All you had to do is cashier, stock shelves when needed, stock the coolers at the end of shift and then clean the store up for closing.
Pros
Work was simple
Cons
No benefits at all, no raise at all
there were only three employees so sick time was not tolerated. You worked sick
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2016
This specifically store was owned by wash depot in mass. It was very difficult to get reviews for raises yet was expected to be available at any time.
Pros
401k vacation
Cons
no healthcare
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLAugust 31, 2016
I get more experience
The manger is so helpful
I work with a great team and management
Who support me and support all the employees
Simply
I love my work
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Insurance
Busy small town gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Andrews, SCAugust 24, 2016
Citgo is a nice place to work it gets busy at times so you have to pay close attention. Not very hard to learn. No benefits, pay stubs or on the books it was a cash job.
Pros
great enviroment working with the public
Cons
no benefits, not on the books or pay stubs
i like it because of the customers are great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dansville, MIJuly 9, 2016
a typical work day would be i have my regulars and they know when I'm upset and do everything to make me happy. The hardest part of the job is at the end of the day when i have to count down the cash register sometimes I forget where I'm at so i start over.
Pros
The customers
Cons
not very much communication between boss and employees
A family oriented company
Senior Mid office Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2016
A typical day at work included preparing sales refinery report for Petrochemical Business Managers, analyzing crude data and putting preparing reports from this data for mid office management.
I also prepared refining forecasting and estimates reports
and managed and calculated monthly earnings model for refineries.

Citgo had a very diverse team. There were people from all over the world who worked in my department as well as well as other parts of the company.

The hardest part was getting the information in timely manner from the refinery managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was monthly team building activities which help to foster great relationships amongst employees.
Pros
Very family oriented company
Cons
Some senior management didn't speak English, this made it hard to communicate sometimes.
Average
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2016
It is about what you would expect from managing a gas station. About 8 to 10 hour shifts. Many vendors to manage and maintain stable relationships with.
Loved the job, get to interact with different people, productive
CASHIER / GAME ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
very energetic work environment, and busy place with customers entering at all the time, got to b quick to check their membershipand start on with the slot machines
Pros
free lunch / dinner depending on the shift
What I enjoyed about working at Citgo
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stickney, ILJune 13, 2016
What I enjoyed about working at Citgo was that it was the stepping stone of me knowing how to set pumps, selling lottery, liquor and tobacco. I also really enjoyed working with most of the people there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Boss is a robot
Serving the gas and grocery customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
Its a busy gas station where I have the chance to meet diversity of people and serve them. working here I gathered the experience of customer service and merchandising.
Pros
Great working environment under good owner.
Citco
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, MIMay 20, 2016
I have worked at citgo for almost have the winter and its a job i really enjoy. I love all of my customers and all my co-workers. I really enjoy this job because i normally work at night and it gives me more one on one time with the customers.
Pros
Customers, Workers
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Awesome team work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 18, 2016
its a very nice work environment a friendly neighborhood store there's a lot to lean a lot of new people from different places,telling about were they stay and how the place they live is.
fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLMay 6, 2016
While working at Citgo I learned alot.. Love the people i worked for and with.. Repeat clients and getting to know them as well..
I enjoyed working for Citgo!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed the fast pace work life.
Always something to get done.

The hard part about my job was i constantly worked alone. no bathroom breaks, no outside breaks, no sit down breaks.
Pros
Free Subway Lunch
Cons
No breaks, work by yourself
Job Summary
Third shift Cashier and stocking (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 22, 2016
-I would normally get everything done as long as the other employees were doing there jobs in each shift. At first was a really nasty place but once I started getting the things that should be done daily its was a walk in the park.

-I can work with no supervision on 3rd shift and how to read fuel levels.

-Overall management was great other than getting enough hours to have a decent pay check

-Most of the co workers were nice and always there to help me other than a select few of them

-Having to sometimes work over 12 hr shifts because someone didn't show up for their shift on time

-Got to work at my own pace and didn't have management on me nagging
Pros
Working with no supervison
Cons
low starting pay and hard to get promoted
fun place to work at
staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
fun place to work at. I had a great boss. we had 1 hour lunch.
great benefits. people are nice. I worked at a very nice building.
Pros
great boss
Cons
we also had 15min breaks
Excellent Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 4, 2016
The enjoyable part of the job meeting new people on a daily basis and having great feedback with long time customers.

A typical day is to provide excellent customer service on daily basis,keep facility in a clean.

I have learned great customer service skills through the customers I serve each day and great training from manager/staff.

The hardest part of the job is not able to work everyday and meet personal living/ financiall obligations from few work hours.
Pros
Friendly co workers and customers
Cons
Too few work hours
Nice Lab
Quality control lab technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2016
Although a Venezuela company in America but the company has an excellent program both for the staff and to the immediate community where it was located.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citgo. Our community is ready to answer.