Citgo Employee Reviews

Their employees have a considerable amount of industry knowledge
Contracts/Procurement Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working with a diverse and educated group. CITGO offered very interesting project work, and I met many industry experts from all over the world. They are also very liberal with respect to work schedules.
Pros
Knowledgeable Staff
fun,
Always Best Care Senior Service (Former Employee) –  Newport News VASeptember 10, 2015
i work at day. i learned how to conversation to people, i learned how to keep up good work as well as management of work. hard work always paid off .
Pros
they will buy or bring the lunch for me
Cons
take a break any time i want
Looking for a better job
customer service, gas provider (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work is normal. I have learned time management and multitasking. Basically a single employee works in each shift. Its not that hard working there.
Pros
free water bottle
Cons
no breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison GaSeptember 2, 2015
Worked in apparel while assisting customer daily.. Worked on the register assisting every customer i could with they'reit was nothing to hard about this job once you get the hang of it
Easy going workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2015
constant change in clients so everyday was a new experience. I learned how to deal with people from all walks of life. My co-workers were always positive and upbeat.
Pros
working with new people
Senior Administrative Assistant Purchasing Dept (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work. Great employees. Supportive Management. I was a very dependable, competent, well respected employee.
very fun productive place, with great co workers
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Rex, GAAugust 27, 2015
typical day at work involves the daily functions such as working the register, taking inventory count, stacking items. Management is not bad but could work on developing better relationship with employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
labor distribution tactics
Payment Card Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 12, 2015
CITGO is a great place to work. The Management has a very employee focused attitude. The salery and benifits a second to none. I am always busy but feel that my efforts are recgonized and valued.
Pros
management, work load, easy access to management
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIAugust 10, 2015
Everyday at work I would always go in start my day as a cashier and I had fun doing my job because I got to always interact with customers. I learned to be more confident to talk to people that I didn't know and I also learned responsibility. Management was very great they always helped m e out when I needed. The co-workers were also great we always got along and worked together as a team. The hardest part of my job was the public because sometimes people could be a little tough to deal with. The most enjoyable part of my job was trying to give someone a good day.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
minimum wage
great learning
Auto Mechanic/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYAugust 9, 2015
very intersting working on cars and dealing with people on a every day basis. gave me the tools to further my career as a mechanic
this company was best. i like it's all side.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FLAugust 2, 2015
it was very nice.it had clean lunch room,all management was good,the owner of this gas station was so good.salary was so good.
Fun and Customer Interactions
Stock/Cashier/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fair Haven, MIAugust 2, 2015
a typical day at work is waiting on customers, make deposits, clean store, help customers with problems, close the store. unruly customers at times but its expected from time to time working at a store with boat access. but the rest of the customers are really nice and enjoy having small talk.
Pros
Work with the community
Cons
No room for improvement or raises
Fun meeting new people every day.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILJuly 26, 2015
Retail allows for a different experience every day and my co-workers enhanced those days. Of course can't know what every customers day has been like before they walk into the store but you can provide great customer service while they are in your store. I was very happy to provide those services.
enjoyed working there and with customers, im a people person
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanceville, ALJuly 13, 2015
Would take care of customers and order gro. And put up stock, made pizzas took care of vendors, loved being around all the customers and working with the bosses
Description
Head Cashier/Food Court Leader (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILJuly 8, 2015
Greeted and assisted customer, operated cash register, stocked inventory, preformed monthly inventory checks, answered phones, various cleaning duties and operated lottery machine.
citgo
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALJuly 7, 2015
family run business. worked with the public. stocked shelves,ordered products,ran cash register. did clean up ordered gas and oil. wrote vendor checks.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough ours
The best first job i had.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSJune 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming in, clocking in and getting the day started. By first walking to the register cash out customers. Then it would follow by walking to the office do all the paper work and store reports for the previous night. After words i would walk in the kitchen help the cooks and help more customers. Toward more on the day i would walk around the store and fix up the store. By the end of the day i would stock the cooler or candy and tobacco products.Once again work on the register attending all the wonderful people and customers. And last but not least help clean up the store.
Pros
fun, excitement, adventures
Cons
short breaks
The knew Citgo
Operator - Chief of A, B, and C Catalyst Cracker (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAMay 28, 2015
Citgo was all I wanted to do , but they changed . We started getting younger bosses that had no idea about working with younger operators . The knew operators have no idea what work is they thing this is a game and I had to get out . I have been to a lot of firers and seen a lot of dead workers. I have learned so much from working with the older workers,both mechanical and operational when I came up through the ranks for the past 27 years. The new people have no idea what it takes to earn the right to go to operator school. They go to a two year school and they are ready to take on the world. Our unit is hot and loud . the hardest part of my job was knowing that I had to rely on some people who I know didn't know their jobs,but they got along good with the boss. The best part of my job was for the other operators to start calling me anytime day or night to ask for help to get the units under control, and that ment that I had learned my job from the operators that got Citgo turned around. The Cats and the rest of Citgo will always be my roots
Pros
You can learn a lot of knowledge, if you know who to listen to.
Cons
The company moves the young inginers, into unit supervision to soon. The company should listen to the old school operators, rather then the knew two school operators . The old operators look at the whole picture, not the next move but twenty moves down the line
Owner
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittsett NCMay 26, 2015
The owner of the store i worked at was not a very up front person, no benefits or time off. Stay in school or own the store is the best way to go
Many young Engineers have left recently
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 25, 2015
Work with very good people but management tends to take people for granted. Little overtime/turn around compensation. Stressful work life.
Pros
People
Cons
Stressful environment