Citgo Employee Reviews

Fair about job advancements
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: able to meet customers and work with sales personnel.
Cons: cannot think of any at this time.
The company when it was in Tulsa was very fair to it's employees regarding raises and advancement. I would not have stayed for 24 years if I had not enjoyed working there.
I enjoy waiting on customers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Greenville, MIJanuary 16, 2015
At work I ran a register, stock the shelves and the walk in cooler. I really enjoy meeting new people.
Enjoyable workplace with great people
Manager, Cashier, Inventory (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: running my own business
Cons: long hours, working all day
This was one of my most relaxing jobs as I did not have to do much and I ran the whole place by myself. I was the manager of this gas station and it was a very fun position. I felt very happy working here and enjoyed doing it.
Great place to work, met lots of interesting people!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Taylors, SCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no break-just in between customers
A typical day at Citgo involves providing great customer service, lots of smiles and hello's. I also had daily chores to do like... stock shelves,clean store, outside, stock cooler, and make sure everything was within customers reach. My Manager was really great! My co-workers where also exceptional. Loved meeting different people and feeling like I had helped someone. The hardest part of the job was the stress of being non stop busy. I loved everyone that was around me.
interactive and fast paced environment
Petrol Station Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2014
Pros: daily free lunches
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Making sure everything is in place, for example; coolers are stocked, floor is clean, all the pumps are working, everyone is on schedule etc...

I learned some management skills by supervising the station.

My co-workers were fine and we had a good relationship.

Sometimes it would get stressful when we had a situation with the pump and had to deal with the costumer.

Friendly staff would make job enjoyable.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2014
I found the work culture a great place. Would love to have had a longer tenure. The management was very thoughtful and accommodating. They made you feel that your work was a great contribution to the success of the team.
Challenging and rewarding career
Process Operator - Delayed Sponge Coker (Current Employee), Lemont, ILNovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed every aspect of this job from the learning process to my co-workers that made learning the Sponge Coker unit pretty easy. Also, my supervisor makes sure to get you everything you need to perform your work safely, whether it's the proper PPE or even just a little knowledgeable insight on the process.
The job was fun but the boss was VERY RUDE.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: subways is in the same building
Cons: the manager sucks
The job and the customers are what kept me coming to work. I did NOT like the boss. She doesn't have any business manners. She puts on a different face when her upper management was there, then as soon as they would leave her attitude changed remarkably.
not very productive, little pay
Open Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee), Cornelia, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: little pay, few hours, dirty work environment
The only thing I liked about working here was that the schedule was very flexible! but other then that the pay was not good at all they kept insisting to pay me under the table which I thought was very unprofessional. I also got very little hours even when I was already given little hours they would still send me home early when ever they wanted . My co-workers were okay a little too personal but they were okay. I got along with the manager great. I learned to not be afraid to speak your mind if you feel like you deserve something. even though they would not agree to my conditions and I had to let the company go I learned a lot about gas stations and how they run.
nice to meet new people
Manager- cashier (Former Employee), pinellas park flOctober 27, 2014
helped all customers out, handled all cash transactions cleaned place money orders, as well as lottery
Self-motivating position
Customer Service/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no advancement
This was a position involved taking care of the customers, daily reports cleanliness and inventory. Was good because I was kept busy. The hardest part was there was no advancement opportunities.
Its a Fast Pace Job
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville,S.C.October 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: gas station
I liked working with Citgo it was a fast pace customer service opportunity. I like talking to customers and I can resolve customer complaints if they are upset.
Not a good place to work
Federal Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: company events, socials, free stuff
Cons: healthcare
I already submitted this. Some people that are managers shouldn't be managers.
Horrible Management
Cashier/General Laborer (Former Employee), Niagara, WIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: talk with friendly people
Cons: terrible management
You had two weeks to understand everything in the store and then you were on your own. IF you had a question with the supervisor, you had to right sticky notes and wait a day because if you called the supervisor never answered.
Love but people but the job was dangerous
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 13, 2014
Productive and fun place to work with the public.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: you could work as many hours as you wanted.
Cons: no paid vacation
On a typical day I would show up for work early to make sure the cooler is stocked before my shift.Once I finish stocking the cooler I would walk the isles to make sure there was enough product on the shelves for my shift after that I would count my register and start my shift.The job wasn't hard and I enjoyed the job because of all the different people you encountered though out your day.
Dead end job
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), House Springs, MOOctober 3, 2014
No room for advancement and the hours didn't work with my schedule and kids schedule.
Was a kind of new job in USA for me!
Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 2, 2014
Over all everything was good.
Friendly clients -joking.
Learned a lot about store goods.
Boss is a good man - always helpful.
Used to feel lonely in the evening and night time.
It was a easy job.
When the clients talks to you like they are your good friends and they share feeling and life events with you.
Good place to develop PR and customer service skills
Manager (Current Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 24, 2014
Customer service and cash register
Developed PR and customer service skills
Inventory order and management
Cooperative management
Diversity and flexibility
Hardest part was handling drunk customers
Fast pace and Long down time.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: very unique customers
Cons: bad management
Clock in when you start, make monetary transactions, count inventory, clean work areas, and clock out when you leave.