Citgo Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Awesome team work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 18, 2016
its a very nice work environment a friendly neighborhood store there's a lot to lean a lot of new people from different places,telling about were they stay and how the place they live is.
Average
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2016
It is about what you would expect from managing a gas station. About 8 to 10 hour shifts. Many vendors to manage and maintain stable relationships with.
great company!
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2016
a wonderful atmosphere to work, with lots of perks for its workers. the company although deal with fuel products but its social responsibility to the community is excellent.
Excellent
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2016
No shade but I 100% dissatisfied with this company, more specifically the privately owned one I work for! Everything about this job is illegal. You can't even smile without something being wrong with you. I would not advise anyone to work for the Owner of the store.
Pros
weekly pay, and no taxes
Cons
No breaks, unorganized, Employees do what they want, bad environment
fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLMay 6, 2016
While working at Citgo I learned alot.. Love the people i worked for and with.. Repeat clients and getting to know them as well..
Summary
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 2, 2014
The typical day at work is customer service. I learn things about people and life, because of the conversations with customers. Management to me is unorganized, with ordering, employee raises, latest technology, and other things. I only have two co-workers right now, and that is the boss and his son. Their is no hard part to this job, just making sure that you do not sell to underage people. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving someone a smile, most of the regular customers love to see my smile.
Pros
i work alone, their is no one hovering over me all day.
Cons
no break.
interactive and fast paced environment
Petrol Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2014
Making sure everything is in place, for example; coolers are stocked, floor is clean, all the pumps are working, everyone is on schedule etc...

I learned some management skills by supervising the station.

My co-workers were fine and we had a good relationship.

Sometimes it would get stressful when we had a situation with the pump and had to deal with the costumer.

Friendly staff would make job enjoyable.
Pros
daily free lunches
Cons
no healthcare benefits
fun place to work at
staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
fun place to work at. I had a great boss. we had 1 hour lunch.
great benefits. people are nice. I worked at a very nice building.
Pros
great boss
Cons
we also had 15min breaks
Nice Lab
Quality control lab technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2016
Although a Venezuela company in America but the company has an excellent program both for the staff and to the immediate community where it was located.
Productive and great starter job or for people who go to school
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 26, 2015
I had a great time there and meeting new people i actually met my fiance there. The people are nice and my boss was great. I hated to leave but i finished school and was ready to follow my career
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The late nights
Great work place with all the benefits and programs to make sales and sales quota's
WESTERN DIVISION MANAGER/ SPECIALTY PRODUCTS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2014
Typical day. Flying from co-operate office in
Tulsa, ok to work with food or automotive broker in los angles. Called on customer presenting complete program asing for order and showing
Customer how he can sell citgo and make a good profit.

I reported directly to v.P of specialty products.

Had great relation ship with brokers and reps. I
Managed approximately 400 sales personal at all
Levels from the shelf to the buyer and manager.

I had no problems with my job. I loved going to
Work.. I was responsible for all expenses and meeting our goals making a profit in a profession manner.
Pros
all benefits. company car, company credit card, year end bonus. complete health benefit program.
Cons
none..
Manager
Manager- Manage Daily Inventory, Cash Bank (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 7, 2016
Manager- Manage Daily Inventory, Cash Bank, Manage Business relationships and accounts, Security Functions, Manage Small team
Owner
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittsett NCMay 26, 2015
The owner of the store i worked at was not a very up front person, no benefits or time off. Stay in school or own the store is the best way to go
productive and fun work place, with room to advance.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, MINovember 17, 2015
day to day operations were boring and tiresome, it was the same repetitious thing day in and day out. small town so you learned all your customers on a first name basis. not much to do, small store, so cleaning and organizing didn't take much time, the majority of the day was spent waiting for time to pass.
Pros
breaked when you wanted, plenty of freedom.
Cons
time drug on, no benfits
Continuous issues between workforce and company resulting in greviences. Work moral low.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 8, 2013
The company and workforce are always struggling with fair pay, scheduling, benefits issues. Promises are made by company and never fulfilled. Safety isuues are an ongoing struggle to get management to recognize and address. A dictator seems to be in control of this company and his judgements on running the company put employees at the slave level.
Cons
low pay, undesireable working conditions, who's in charge ( nobody/ everybody), safety issues
Fair about job advancements
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2015
The company when it was in Tulsa was very fair to it's employees regarding raises and advancement. I would not have stayed for 24 years if I had not enjoyed working there.
Pros
able to meet customers and work with sales personnel.
Cons
cannot think of any at this time.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIAugust 10, 2015
Everyday at work I would always go in start my day as a cashier and I had fun doing my job because I got to always interact with customers. I learned to be more confident to talk to people that I didn't know and I also learned responsibility. Management was very great they always helped m e out when I needed. The co-workers were also great we always got along and worked together as a team. The hardest part of my job was the public because sometimes people could be a little tough to deal with. The most enjoyable part of my job was trying to give someone a good day.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
minimum wage
fun
Cashier/Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 4, 2016
a well balanced workplace environment fun place to learn great costumer service .a fair work environment a great company to grow in as far as work positions.
Pros
free lunch, discount on products
Cons
long work hours
new owners....
Cashier (Former Employee) –  houghton lake, michiganOctober 21, 2015
it was okay working here, I did like the hours I was getting, and the environment, I learned a lot about gas stations and what they need. I was treated rudely by the owners and managers. but over all I had a wonderful 11 months.
Pros
layout, food and drink choices
Cons
management could use a tune up
Fun place to work for
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 2, 2015
The people and management i worked with was very professional and fun to work for. My manager worked with my schedule and i would go back if the pay was better
Pros
discounts on drinks and food
Cons
dealing with rude customers