Citgo

Citgo Employer Reviews

GREAT PLACE TO WORK
cashier (Former Employee), New Britain, CTMarch 12, 2014
I WOULD COME INTO WORK AROUND 6:30AM MONDAY THREW FRIDAY I WOULD CLOCK IN COUNT MY DRAW TO MAKE SURE IT WAS $100.00 AND OPEN MY REGISTER. I WOULD SCAN ITEMS AND SET CUSTOMERS GAS PUMPS
GREAT WORK PLACE WITH ALL THE BENEFITS AND PROGRAMS TO MAKE SALES AND SALES QUOTA'S
WESTERN DIVISION MANAGER/ SPECIALTY PRODUCTS (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2014
Pros: all benefits. company car, company credit card, year end bonus. complete health benefit program.
Cons: none..
TYPICAL DAY. FLYING FROM CO-OPERATE OFFICE IN
TULSA, OK TO WORK WITH FOOD OR AUTOMOTIVE BROKER IN LOS ANGLES. CALLED ON CUSTOMER PRESENTING COMPLETE PROGRAM ASING FOR ORDER AND SHOWING
CUSTOMER HOW HE CAN SELL CITGO AND MAKE A GOOD PROFIT.

I REPORTED DIRECTLY TO V.P OF SPECIALTY PRODUCTS.

HAD GREAT RELATION SHIP WITH BROKERS AND REPS. I
MANAGED APPROXIMATELY – more... 400 SALES PERSONAL AT ALL
LEVELS FROM THE SHELF TO THE BUYER AND MANAGER.

I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH MY JOB. I LOVED GOING TO
WORK.. I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL EXPENSES AND MEETING OUR GOALS MAKING A PROFIT IN A PROFESSION MANNER. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyable workplace, advancement opportunities
Cons: short breaks
This job is very fast paced and demanding, but still fun and rewarding. This company is good at treating their employees in a valuable manner. I learned the importance of team work, hard work and discipline. The management team at this company is respectful, flexible and understanding of their employees needs. The managers are also good at communicating – more... their expectations of their employees, while still hearing their employees expectations of them. The hardest part of the job is learning how to be gracious while dealing with an unhappy, sometimes rude customers. My favorite part was achieving my improvement goals , in speed and accuracy of orders. I also love getting to know my regular customers – less
productive and a enjoyable workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Richton Park, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work i was a cashier dealing with customer service and stocked when business not very busy.

I have learned great customer service can make a excellent impression on customers which will determine if the customer will want to come again to get that satisfying loving service.

Management was basically training new employees. If a employee – more... having difficulty i was happily to assist them until he or she get the job done correctly.

Co-Workers learned quickly and mastered their Job duties.

The hardest part of the job was when i needed higher authority if something goes wrong with the business and that employee or owner not available at the moment.

The most enjoyable part of the Job was everyday customers that was loyal to the business. – less
Great work life balance
IT Manager (Former Employee), houston, txFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule and office location, good benefits
Cons: limited upward mobility, limited budget
Enjoyable work environment, slow pace but things get done. Many employees are with the company for long time, relationships are important. 9/80 schedule and a convenient office location in Houston.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: food, hours, location
Cons: short breaks
Good job for college student. Management is very flexible with schedule.
Provided a place for me to grow independence
Attendant (Current Employee), Neenah, WIFebruary 2, 2014
I was typically a closer and shut down our store at night. I learned independence and self confidence at this location. My coworkers helped me in training with any questions I asked. I particularily loved my customers and disliked my machines.
Love meeting new people and helping them
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2014
Customer service,helping customers in any way that i could help them.
I learned how to take orders for the beer and other things that came in.
I loved all my co-workers they were fun to be around and work with.
The hardest part of my job was not having anytime with my family.
I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing egulars to see how they were doing.
productive and fun workplace
Office/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: companions
Cons: family owned business
My co - workers were great and made the experience great .
The new customers that came every day gave a vibrant and colorful experience daily
productive and very good work place
Service station Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee,Wisconsin,USAJanuary 12, 2014
Every day starts with full of joy and energy,i have learned the best costumer service, we have a very good management,and the co workers all of them have a wonderful attitude towards work and towards co workers, enjoyable part of the job was feel happy when you give 100% to the costumer
Lube Stock Accounting
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 9, 2014
Financial Analyst in the Lubes Stock Accounting department. Responsibilities included analyzing inventory transactions associated with the production and consumption of inventory in the Lubes manufacturing process, including goods receipts, material usage, material cost and conducting annual physical inventories at Lube plants.
Worst Experence
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee), Brandywine, MDDecember 21, 2013
I dont have much to say about this job, it is my worst by far, I was verbally harrassed at work daily by the management. The tasks of working thier where quiet simple, but the area I worked in was very sketchy.
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wells, MIDecember 9, 2013
One of the worst employers I can say I have had. I did learn a lot and did the best I could, guess they just didn't see it, company needs some management education on a higher level
Loved working by myself
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Berlin, CTNovember 24, 2013
Pros: the people i met everyday
Cons: having to leave the job so soon
Even though i was young, i enjoyed working by myself. Seeing how this was my first job i learned alot about everyday life. I had fun while working and that was one of the best experiences i had in my life. I just wish i didnt have to leave it so soon.
my job summary
Cashier (Current Employee), Paw Paw, MINovember 14, 2013
Pros: its pretty easy
Cons: slow, low pay, an just not very exciting..
my typical day is pretty easy going i like it somewhat but its much to slow for me i don't mind it but i have a lot of energy an i would much rather want a job where i can move around a little i don't mind hard labor i prefer the more hands on work ..
i like my bosses they are nice i don't have problems with any of them. i generally get along with anyone. – more... i like my co workers they are nice i try to make friends and not enemy's. my whole day is pretty easy going i dont really have any hard tasks except for the rude coustomers but it dosent get to me it just a part of my day. i try my hardest to be polite an respectful at all times. the most enjoyable part of my day mostly all of it nothing really exciting i can get my shift duties done, clean up, an try to keep the store as presentable as possible. its slow and quiet. i just want something that fits me better i have a lot of potential an i feel like im being held back. – less
Very fun place to work,loved working with people
Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2013
Cons: no benefits
Meeting new people every day and also seeing regular customers.
I learned about sales and keeping my customers happy.
I worked with wonderful people.
The hardest part of my job is not having a day off.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers.
Good job for mall town.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Wolf, KYOctober 26, 2013
Pros: free garage for my personal car repairs, discount on parts
Cons: low pay
Smalltown gasstation,full service.Good employer.Job offered me a wealth of knowledge inbasic mechanics& bodywork. Also working through problems onmy own as well as working as a team.
Love working at Citgo
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Russellville, ALOctober 24, 2013
Pros: fun time
Cons: rude customers
I love working!
I have been a cashier/manager for the past 7 years and currently still working! its eco-friendly job! I love communicating with customers. I am experienced with business, and accounting/management.
Its a lovely experience. But just want a job part time, to make more money for family.
THIS JOB CARES ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES AND THEIR SAFTY
Transportaion/Material Handler (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 17, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: to know everything in the warehouse at first
Doing a lot of orders for the warehouse how to be organize more in a timely manner management is great here they want to be a part of the team than to be sitting in the office all the time co-workers are very friendly and helps when you don't know something, is to be able to work with some of the best workers in the world from all walks of life the – more... hardest part of my job is learning a new job for the first time. – less
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Alsip, ILOctober 16, 2013
Pros: quick advancement
Cons: no health care
My typical day at work would to be to greet customers as they walk in the store, maintain paperwork, and make store deposit. I learned a lot from being a manager. It was fun and interesting. My employees are great.

About Citgo

From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, – Read more