Citgo Employee Reviews

fun and very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: mean people.
This was the best job i've had. very fun time flew by. The shift was eight hours long. I did everything that was assigned by our manager for my co worker and I just because like to keep busy.
productive, friendly and fun work place
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), New Castle, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: stead pace, friendly enviroment and a lot of customer enteraction
Cons: it was located in pennsylvania
I would come in at 5:30 am to open the store. I turned on the ovens,
so that they would be hot when it was time for preparing food. I would inventory all food that was to be prepared for that day. Inventory the food that was out of date. I would have coffee made & ready to go for the customer's.I would greet customer's entering the store. I took payments by cash, credit card and debit cards. I issued change due to customer's correctly. I made sure the customer was happy and their needs met.
I had 3 great manager's , Denise, Brenda and Dani. I am a very out going person. I got along great with all my co-workers. If I had down time I still found ways to help other employee's. I would help my manager's with stocking shelves and storage rooms.
i liked the people i worked with
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Judsonia, ARFebruary 13, 2015
my manager was nice and worked with me if I needed time off. he was a great boss. my co-workers was nice. they was always on time for there shift.
It was a family Business
Cashier/ Stocks (Former Employee), Winter Garden, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: family jobs are great for schedules., base price on gas and items in the store., experience in every aspect of a business., the learning experience was the greatest.
It was a great family business, as well as a great life experience. We lost this business due to many reasons, mainly because of financially. Losing this business put the biggest hurt in my family, but it also gave us the strength and knowledge to move forward in life. A second chance in running a similar family business would not fail, thats for sure.
A productive work place
Manager (Former Employee), Seneca fallsFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long shifts
Meeting and greeting customers was key. The most difficult part of the job was when the customers had issues, however we would do our best to solve the issues. I learned better communication skills because of the amount of interactions I had with the customers.
Citgo
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no break
In Citgo, I ring ring customers.Dispense change.Dispense lottery tickets.Charge purchases to customers' credit cards or debit.Provide customers with receipts.Verify age of customer if they are purchasing alcohol or cigarettes.Make orders for merchandises. Answer questions and provide directions if needed. Prepare daily reports of fuel and oil Count money in cash drawers and paper work.Sweep and mop floors. Dispose trash outside.
Call police to report suspicious activity in and around gas station.
A whole wide refining and chemical company
Manager Automation (Former Employee), Corpus Christi,TX and Lake Charles, LAJanuary 24, 2015
I worked for Champlin which was acquired by CITGO. CITGO is owned by Venezuela. I was assigned to work in Venezuela on certain projects requiring my skills.
Fair about job advancements
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: able to meet customers and work with sales personnel.
Cons: cannot think of any at this time.
The company when it was in Tulsa was very fair to it's employees regarding raises and advancement. I would not have stayed for 24 years if I had not enjoyed working there.
I enjoy waiting on customers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Greenville, MIJanuary 16, 2015
At work I ran a register, stock the shelves and the walk in cooler. I really enjoy meeting new people.
Enjoyable workplace with great people
Manager, Cashier, Inventory (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: running my own business
Cons: long hours, working all day
This was one of my most relaxing jobs as I did not have to do much and I ran the whole place by myself. I was the manager of this gas station and it was a very fun position. I felt very happy working here and enjoyed doing it.
Great place to work, met lots of interesting people!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Taylors, SCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no break-just in between customers
A typical day at Citgo involves providing great customer service, lots of smiles and hello's. I also had daily chores to do like... stock shelves,clean store, outside, stock cooler, and make sure everything was within customers reach. My Manager was really great! My co-workers where also exceptional. Loved meeting different people and feeling like I had helped someone. The hardest part of the job was the stress of being non stop busy. I loved everyone that was around me.
interactive and fast paced environment
Petrol Station Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2014
Pros: daily free lunches
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Making sure everything is in place, for example; coolers are stocked, floor is clean, all the pumps are working, everyone is on schedule etc...

I learned some management skills by supervising the station.

My co-workers were fine and we had a good relationship.

Sometimes it would get stressful when we had a situation with the pump and had to deal with the costumer.

Friendly staff would make job enjoyable.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2014
I found the work culture a great place. Would love to have had a longer tenure. The management was very thoughtful and accommodating. They made you feel that your work was a great contribution to the success of the team.
Challenging and rewarding career
Process Operator - Delayed Sponge Coker (Current Employee), Lemont, ILNovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed every aspect of this job from the learning process to my co-workers that made learning the Sponge Coker unit pretty easy. Also, my supervisor makes sure to get you everything you need to perform your work safely, whether it's the proper PPE or even just a little knowledgeable insight on the process.
The job was fun but the boss was VERY RUDE.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: subways is in the same building
Cons: the manager sucks
The job and the customers are what kept me coming to work. I did NOT like the boss. She doesn't have any business manners. She puts on a different face when her upper management was there, then as soon as they would leave her attitude changed remarkably.
not very productive, little pay
Open Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee), Cornelia, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: little pay, few hours, dirty work environment
The only thing I liked about working here was that the schedule was very flexible! but other then that the pay was not good at all they kept insisting to pay me under the table which I thought was very unprofessional. I also got very little hours even when I was already given little hours they would still send me home early when ever they wanted . My co-workers were okay a little too personal but they were okay. I got along with the manager great. I learned to not be afraid to speak your mind if you feel like you deserve something. even though they would not agree to my conditions and I had to let the company go I learned a lot about gas stations and how they run.
nice to meet new people
Manager- cashier (Former Employee), pinellas park flOctober 27, 2014
helped all customers out, handled all cash transactions cleaned place money orders, as well as lottery
Self-motivating position
Customer Service/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no advancement
This was a position involved taking care of the customers, daily reports cleanliness and inventory. Was good because I was kept busy. The hardest part was there was no advancement opportunities.
Its a Fast Pace Job
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville,S.C.October 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: gas station
I liked working with Citgo it was a fast pace customer service opportunity. I like talking to customers and I can resolve customer complaints if they are upset.
Not a good place to work
Federal Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: company events, socials, free stuff
Cons: healthcare
I already submitted this. Some people that are managers shouldn't be managers.