Citgo Employee Reviews

Taking Customers non stop followed by inventory managemnt and stocking.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seaford, NYJuly 25, 2017
Work starts at 3 pm which is the peak time of the day. I learned alot of buisness and customer relation. The managemnt was not active as the Boss owns alot of other buisnesses so I had to run the place. I had to work by myself in my shift. There was not a hard part of the job for me. Enjoyable time at work was when I had to learn and task managemnt.
Pros
You can eat at discount price and free beverages.
Cons
No break at this job and as a General Manager I had to order, control and manage customer relations
enjoyable crowd to be around
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 25, 2017
There were long hours of standing on your feet and the occasional rude customer but other than that it was a nice place to be. Most the people were friendly and offered to help in anyway if needed. management was good. offered generous hours and good pay.
Pros
Great management, good pay, good hours
Cons
Rude people, empty stock
Not a place to call a set job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Overall, it was an okay place but not to call it a set job due to the location and the type of problems it brought with working the area , but i am thankful for having had it.
Pros
Slow
Cons
People were always trying to steal something
Enjoyable workplace
Buyer, Contracts (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJuly 18, 2017
People make the difference, company provided great benefits, strong 401K and pension. Received yearly bonus. Citgo is dedicated to providing charity to those in need,
My Experience
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2017
I assisted with maintaining the store inventory
I provided custodial maintenance services to keep up the cleanliness of the store.
I assisted mechanics with tire work.
Excellent Company
Service Manager / Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 11, 2017
Citgo is a wonderful company and strives for customer satisfaction. They offer great gasoline and job opportunities that will excel you both personally and professionally.
productive and fun place to work with
Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 10, 2017
Not a very busy place to work, but I enjoy the managers I have and the job is simple. I love that we leave on time every night and do tastings so I can try new things. Great place to work!!!
Pros
Fun, coworkers are awesome
Cons
No employee discount
fun to work on
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GAJune 29, 2017
pay scale is low . risk involve . friendly atmosphere. no overtime .cash payment. no tax been paid . corrupted business man.dont care about employees.
Very good company to work for
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
Worked with multiple carriers, scheduling the product for delivery to multiple plants and customer sites. Management was easy to work for and with. The company had fun activities for their employees.
Pros
Morale was good
Cons
Traffic was terrible
easy going work place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJune 13, 2017
Didn't work here for very long as it was a temporary job for me but it was a great experience working here as a 3rd shift gas station clerk. A typical night for me was unloading truck orders and making sure the shelves were stocked for customers. Along with making sure there was fresh coffee in the mornings for the early birds.

Want to know more about Citgo?

Ask a question
Great people to work with. Job is pretty straight forward.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 12, 2017
I work with a bunch of different people who have great personalities. Everyone here pulls their weight. There are a few other stores in the building and we all get along.
Pros
Work the hours you want and have a regular schedule.
Cons
Not many customers so the day can drag.
Wasn't my favorite
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
Management was very disrespectful and no helpful. Other staff was very out of control and broke a lot of the business policy such as showing up to work high or drunk, taking unlimited lunch breaks, giving away merchandise.
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
They have a real clear focus on safety. I worked there as a contractor for a few months during the winter in Chicago. The employees there were friendly and helpful.
cook/store security
Cook/store security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2017
trying to start a business has it's up and downs. After 3 years I have decided to get back in to the work field. My experience in Warehouse environment Is very valuable to my next employer
I did not care for this location
Store Manager West Coliseum (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2017
This was a Subway located in a gas station, my first Store Manager position. I was their for approximately 1 and a half years. When the opportunity came up to move to another location, I accepted.
Pros
50% discount on all purchases
Cons
short breaks, location
Very productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fair Haven, MIMay 30, 2017
I've worked for them about to be 2 years and I haven't had an issue with them and they treat they're employees pretty good and they are pretty good about you having days off
Love the crew and customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  14929 Tomball PkwyMay 25, 2017
I don't think if you work for a company for 2 years with you working overtime coming in on off days and staying late most of the time and the owners never have a nice thing to say and even when you stay loyal to the company you have to beg for raises and wait til they feel like giving them to you I feel you should make all your employees happy especially when they have proven to be loyal to the company at least show them that they are appreciated while working hard for minimum wage which is not enough to support a family of 1
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not enough money
Good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMay 23, 2017
Great place to work and they had some great manager's and owner's. The new owners aren't the best so I would avoid this location or any they own. Other then that a fun place.
good work experience
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  475 main st fitchburg ma 01420May 23, 2017
a very positive workplace and employees always were easy to guide. The job was definitely not a walk in the park at times but It was manageable. loved working in a fast pace facility.
Pros
Very well rounded group of individuals
Cons
no breaks.
Loved working with my fellow employees and developed an excellent rapport with repeat customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2017
A day in the life of a Citgo employee was always busy and a multi tasking extravaganza!! So many customers kept the station full of life and brought a happy atmosphere into the station. Management trusted each employee to do their duties and everyone followed through. I enjoyed the morning bank deposits and interacting with my many repeat customers.
Pros
Great co workers FREE COFFEE
Cons
Very limited breaks