Citi Bank Employee Reviews

Hated doing collections!
Collector 3 (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 31, 2016
Needed a job and got through training; but, I hated the hours and hunting-down people for being over-drawn on their accounts.
Productive and fast paced enviornment
Senior-Anti- Money Laundering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Enjoy working for Citibank, great company with rich history. Hard work always pays off. Working in compliance show a different side of the banking industry.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Too demanding production goals for new employees/contractors
Productive summary
Sr Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
• Worked on Hadoop cluster which ranged from 4-8 nodes during pre-production stage and it was sometimes extended up to 24 nodes during production
• Used Sqoop to import the data from RDBMS to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and later analyzed the imported data using Hadoop Components
• Established custom MapReduce programs in order to analyze data and used Pig Latin to clean unwanted data
• Experienced various performance optimizations like using distributed cache for small datasets, Partition, Bucketing in hive and Map Side joins.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break
Productive and fun workplaces with client
Internship (Former Employee) –  Shenzhen, Guangdong, ChinaJanuary 24, 2016
I was internship in CIti Bank from June 2014 to July 2014 around one months. During this period, I l followed one of client manager and earned how he communicated with his clients, provided and interpret analysis to them. The hardest one is before appointment with clients, tons of preparation should be finished so that he can convince his client to trust his method about investment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Busy and high pace environment, high level of discretion, I enjoyed being able to participate at Financial Workshops to LMI families and schools.
Fun and inclusive
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Citi was a hardworking environment which was fun and inclusive because they worked to keep everyone up to date and would always acknowledge there employees
Nice Work place with work life balance
Ab Initio Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Good Company and having lot of projects to learn new technologies.

Very Friendly environment and cool work culture.

Learned so many new technologies and managing people.
a average work day at citi bank
Customer Relations & Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2016
This is a great company for people who excel in sales and customer service. if you dont have a sales drive you will not last long for this company.
Pros
fun working place
Cons
your hours always change and the balance can become tuff for someone who is not good in sales
Great !!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Awesome place to work !!
great atmosphere, great people.
Hands down one of the greatest banks to work for, management is outstanding so are the team members.
surprised I did not like it there
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYDecember 29, 2015
Typical day there is helping clients with their day to day financial needs. I did have a great learning experience and came out knowledgable about banking and finances. Main reason for leaving was the management... They have favorites and are typically rude when speaking to you. When you would ask a question on how to do something that you haven't yet learned the ABM would give you an attitude and act like they taught you how to do it so they wouldn't get in trouble. Truly hasn't happy work there. Other than that the clients are so sweet and loving. They would make my day 1000 times better.
My experiance with Citi
Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 23, 2015
I have enjoyed my position at Citi. When I arrive I am eager to work and to assist my customers with concerns with their credit card accounts. I have learned a lot of skills within this company such as customer service, sales, management, delivery, development and strategy, computer skills and phone elicit. I work in a team environment and I love to be a part of the team as well as competing with others. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to help the customer for circumstances out of my hands. The most enjoyable part of my job with Citi is being ale to enjoy helping others and being a brand ambassador for the company i work for. I also enjoy when I am awarded extra advancement opportunities.
na
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2015
costomer service inbound call center- assited high end CC custoemrs with balances, transfers, loans and bill payment.
don't leave
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2015
I left because I didn't want only being able to sale security systems was all I knew, and I regret it. I made more money than I have with a degree. the place was like no other I've worked. leaving was the biggest mistake of my life.
Great
Vice President (Current Employee) –  DelawareNovember 9, 2015
Great, very good comapny to work for. Good culture of work and people. I am pleased to work at citi. I like challegeing job and this is great challenge.
Very Productive; there's always something to do
Banking Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 9, 2015
A typical day at Citi would be bringing in mail, scanning each and every piece as they would at UPS or FedEx, you could be sitting or standing all day depending on what they want you to do in the building. toy are viewing information from customers/clients to make sure they are well up to date and all information is correct before sending it back to the customers.
I work for this company as a Help desk technician and the demamd you to became Customer Service Rep
Tier I Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2015
This place at the beginning look very security job environment but ones you start they micro management and listen to your IT service calls and if you don't sound with the repeatable customer service they start giving you warnings and they accumulate a few and the fire you.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
To much Micro management, to much customer service trannings and bad management
Great Benefit
Judgmental Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNNovember 1, 2015
I have been at Citi Bank for last 7 and half years. They provide benefit starting on day one. A lot of personal time and holiday time.
Pros
Benefit Time
Cons
Difficult for promotions
A place where one's talents dont go unnoticed.
Teller (Current Employee) –  West HollywoodOctober 23, 2015
If you give a 120% at this job, you receive recognition. I have been with this company for a few years and have seen great things. Highly recommend this bank to future employees.
Great Company
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 19, 2015
Great Company to work with. Friendly Management and staff. Interview process was not too long. They try to work with you if going to school. Excellent benefits with competitive pay.
fun working
Front End/Web/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 19, 2015
helping nature from mangers on time feedback immediate attention from the managers for any issues, great hiracichy among the managers and immediate attention when ever its is requried
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks