Citi Habitats Employee Reviews

fun work atmosphere
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2018
fun work atmosphere with a great team of managers. The agents and managers are all very knowledgeable and are all willing to work as a team and help one another out.
great company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJanuary 20, 2018
great company no complaints it was a great atmosphere to work in everyone has some type of knowledge that you can always learn from that was the best part
great management and support
Licensed Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
great management team and on-going support and training for salesperson advancement. The company culture also promotes career growth and professional advancement.
Very Competitive and Need to be a Self Starter
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson / Team partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
Very Competitive and Need to be a Self Starter. You will need to join a team and consistently post advertisements and prospect for leads. be prepared to not make any money for the first few months.
Great Company
Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
Great managers, great co-workers, great energy in the office and you can work out of any of the offices. they offer excellent and continual training opportunities.
Hard work and Fun
Senior Associate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
A lot of good people in this business. Be ready to work non-stop if you want to make 6 figures. Don't forget to take time for yourself or you will burn out!
Successful real estate firm
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Citi Habitats is one of the more successful rental firms in all of New York city. I was located in the Upper East Side office which was consistently the highest producing office throughout the firm. At Citi Habitats I learned the ins and outs of getting a deal done with clients. The management was helpful but very busy. Often, they wouldn't give you the time of the day to ask questions. I didn't see this as a place I would be interested in staying at long-term, and that is why I am leaving the company.
Competitive and Collaborative Environment with a great energy
NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Citi Habitats was key in helping me think bigger in terms of both real estate and my perspective on life. A typical day consists of checking emails for clients, leads, referrals, and the list goes on. Making appointments, showing apartments & closing deals.

The hardest part of the job is being disciplined enough to know that I am an independent contractor. Technically, I set my own hours which can give one a lot of time for distraction. Having the discipline to put the work in each and every day without "clocking in" is one of the harder parts of the job. Closing deals its the most enjoyable part of the job. Seeing the results of your hard work is definitely a great feeling.

The workplace culture is competitive, yet everyone there is more than willing help one another. Awesome kitchen w/ a great espresso machine! Beautiful views of Manhattan. Right in the center of the city. It truly is an incredible place of work.
Self- paced and
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
I come in when I have confirmed appointments, therefore I make my own schedule. Management team is great, not micromanaging, very self-paced. No ceiling in earnings, completely up to you. Getting clients to commit to appointment times is the hardest. Finding people homes is very rewarding.
Pros
Open houses gives you insight to properties with free food and drinks
Cons
No healthcare, inconsistent pay
Great company
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
Varied and interesting work, with friendly and helpful co-workers. Great management, who make themselves available when required, only left due to family relocation.
Great Place to work
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Provided a lot of training. Great location to work in the city, Huge database for listings of both homes and apartments. Well known company generates lmanyeads and business.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 25, 2017
Although new to the company. They have great infrastructure especially for new comers. Offer a lot of opportunity for one to gain knowledge and experience needed to advance in business.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
lack a little on management
Great office, okay company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
The original office location was charming and quaint and small and because there were far less agents everything ran smoothly and effectively and could be maintained more efficiently. I worked with two of the greatest managers I could ever work under. The rest of the company itself can get a little lost in itself sometimes and certain people in certain positions don't always hold themselves accountable.
Pros
Location, managers, co-workers, interaction with agents
Cons
Company policies, insurance deductibles, salary, hours
Productive easy going enviroment
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
A lot of train for the job major benefit of working here Flexible schedule but a lot of hard work to get your sales goals done
Great place to work. Great Management.
Real Estate Agent/Smith-Rugen Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2016
Great experience and place to work. Management provided great insight on how to build a productive business. Institutes and teaches a strong work ethic and drive.
Productive workplace
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
Great people to learn and work with. I learned a lot in regards to leasing and property management. Additionally, I learned how to negotiate between landlords and renter. Also, I learned how to maintain tenant landlord relations.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Not salaried position
Not much support from management
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2016
Citi does not provide as much support as they say that they do. They are just as "sleezy" as all the other brokers out there the only difference is they have a big corporation backing them.
Good place to start your real estate career
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
Citi Habitats is a great place to start if you're looking to get into real estate. Lots of training programs and the managers are very knowledgeable.
Great management
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  250 park avenue southNovember 16, 2015
Excellent motivational management, learned invaluable skills that I will forever cherish and utilize in my professional career.
Ind├ępendant Contractor
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2015
Good company, it just was not a great fit for me as I like to be on a schedule and be with a company that has benefits.

No. 1 company to go to for rentals throughout New York City.
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Need more discipline