Citi Habitats Employee Reviews in United States

Indépendant Contractor
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2015
Good company, it just was not a great fit for me as I like to be on a schedule and be with a company that has benefits.

No. 1 company to go to for rentals throughout New York City.
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Need more discipline
Great management
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  250 park avenue southNovember 16, 2015
Excellent motivational management, learned invaluable skills that I will forever cherish and utilize in my professional career.
fast pace enviroment
Licensed Real Estate Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Taking clients out all day, responding to emails and phone calls. You make your own schedule- flexibility is great. There are always activities going on- open houses and events. Lots of meetings to keep you posted on whats going on in the industry and office
Pros
fleibility
Cons
commission based- no base pay
Great place to get sales experience
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2015
good work place, good training program, helpful management. Commission based salary. Not the best place for recent graduates. Lots of room to grow and develop
Pros
great environment
Cons
commission base salary
Dynamic. Fast paced.
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 7, 2015
CitiHabitats is a Manhattan based real estate company specializing in rentals and sales throughout Manhattan. The company has compiled an impressive database of listings which allow the salespersons to provide the most extensive options when searching for a home.
Many hours with little time off
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Horrible life/work balance but there is opportunity to succeed and grow a business. This isn't indicative of Citi Habitats per se, but the industry in general.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Great Listings, Some great offices, a few great managers
Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Like all Real Estate companies, your experience will depend on what office you're in. When working with Rental clients, they will appreciate the Citi Habitats brand. There's a great listing system, with many Open Listings. Great, diverse group of colleagues.
Amazing exposure to the New York City real estate market.
licensed Realtor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
Typical day at work consist of, checking and responding to inter-office emails, reviewing now list of available units on market, returned phone calls, schedule appointment, preview newly listed units, market my listings, show properties and sign contracts.
Pros
exposure and experience
Cons
healthcare, benefits and lack of adequate mentoring
Busy Manhattan Corporate Real Estate Firm
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2014
Work day is dependent upon the individual, as this is a commission based job with a seasonal aspect. Learned a lot about individual motivations, internet advertising strategies, residential leasing and sales, and inter-office politics and hierarchy. Management left a lot to be desired from an intelligence and assistance standpoint, though the new manager at the location I was at has changed. Hardest part of the job was self-motivation. Most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible schedule.
Pros
no desk fees, flexible hours
Cons
commission based only, low split
A fast-paced and very competitive office
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
I advertised residential properties, developed prospective clients and negotiated lease terms on a daily basis.

I learned how to be strong and aggressive in a highly competitive field.

My manager taught me a lot about the real estate market and how to succeed.

My co-workers were very easy to work with and I learned a lot from them.

The hardest part of my job was competing with my colleagues.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and viewing properties.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
working solely on commission
Supportive management team.
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
I have served as a guide to the Manhattan marketplace, targeting ways to accomplish costumers’ financial and lifestyle goals in every individual transaction. Citi is a great company where to star off a career in real estate rentals and sales. A solid infrastructure and a talented and supportive management team are available to every agent.
Pros
the resources avilable
Not enjoyable for me
LICENSED REAL ESTATE AGENT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2014
The typical day is chasing "clients" around the city and trying to determine if they are actually interested in renting the apartment in question. We have to compile all financial records, credit reports and submit them to building owners and landlords.
Cons
to cutthroat of an environment for me.
Fun if you make it
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for citi habitats. Your income is solely based of the amount of time and effort you make. The real estate field is highly competitive and citi habitats is a great name to have on your business card.
Pros
make your own schedule, meet new people
Cons
some offices have quotas and desk fees
Great Oppertunity
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2013
I was able to learn techniques that I hadn't been exposed to in former jobs. I was able to learn how to work and compete in a sales dominated career. I was able to learn the power of social media and develop skills to market myself and my business.
Competitive workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
Very challenging long work days. Days are mostly spent cold calling or prospecting potential leads or property. Advertising and showing on daily basis is also very important
Productive and overall good workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
Overall good place to work. Long hours, which are unnecessary for this position and not a lot of responsibility. Not much room for growth.
Pros
employee appreciation day, most holidays off
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Representative, Licensed Salesperson (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
Work with buyers, seller as well as renters to help find them new homes.
Very supportive with many tools in place to help with success
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2013
In running a team of successful agents this company gave both the tools and the freedom to grow a very lucrative business in real estate.
Productive and fun workplace
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
I learned a lot about the Real Estate industry. Time management is key in this business.
good place to start
Senior Associate Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2014
has a reputation but great place to begin. numbers game so good luck and have a good biz plan