Citi Trends Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Company
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 17, 2016
The clothing is awesome. Men's, Women's, Kid's, Automotive,Home Decor, all sold here. Not the greatest quality on the clothing (even in the name brand stuff). However, the prices make you keep coming in...the management's only concern in unloading shipment. This isn't just in the store I was an Assistant Manager at; It's the culture, the norm. They receive shipment every day Mon-Fri and are expected to get everything unboxed and on the floor within 48hrs...but how can you when you still have to Hang everything, re situate existing merchandise that's on the floor so you can have room AND watch the thieves that come to raid the stores. The District manager was cool though...
It's a good place to start employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
During a typical work day I receive and unpack freight. Depending on how busy the store is I unpack freight and work the register. I've learned a lot about different people and cultures while working here. There are many different kinds of people who enter the store. Management is good. They are always there to help out. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are having a bad day, but I just put a smile on and help them the best I can. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the customers laugh or smile while shopping.
citi trends is a good place to start in management because it teaches responsibility.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2015
Citi trends is a fast paced environment.I learn something new everyday, whether it is how to handle people with different personalities or employee/management concerns. I love the marketing aspect as well as the way citi trends uses different ways to push teamwork.The hardest part of the job is keeping the employees focused on being productive when they are financially unhappy. My experience at citi trends has taught me patience and clear concise approach with people is best as a manager.
Pros
quarterly bonuses, fast paaced work environment
Cons
pay rate, promotion process
Good workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2016
A typical day is helping customers find outfits,keeping the store clean, putting out freight, etc.
Awesome co-workers that don't mind helping.
The most enjoyable part is helping a customer find exactly what they are looking for making them, and they come back again and again requesting your services each time.
If you get the right manager that doesn't mind helping and teaching you the right way of doing things then you will have a great work experience here.
Pros
First to see the clothes that come out
Cons
No benefits, Little to no discounts
Worst year and a half of my life. Avoid this place before its too late!!!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 3, 2016
Cititrends was the most unorganized business ibe ever worked for. We would spend hours upon hours recovering the store and the racks were always overstuffed. They expect you to process butt loads of freight and run the register all by yourself. I worked for a store in S.C. At first it was a easy and cool job. Even with the local rachets it really wasn't so bad and management was ok. But then they transferred me to another store and that's when it started going down hill. The DM is a horrible lady. The management is messy and spiteful. They'd see you with a line wrapped around and would look at you like you were crazy to ask for help. Glad I quit when I did.
ok
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 3, 2016
Its OK for a young person in high school. The hardest part is recovering the store after a tornado of people came through.
Cons
no health care, barely a discount, small raises, need second job to live
I got a chance to work in retail and interact with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMarch 8, 2016
I was the only male at the time and I did all the handy work.
I learned how to help customers pick out clothing.
The management was not so well.
My co-workers were always caring and helping.
The hardest part of the job was having to stand up all day.
The most enjoyable part about this job was to interact with the customers.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Having to do others works.
fun workplace
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2016
citi trends as a company is great but my store had to many in store issues..but a great company , great hours etc...learned a lot . the hardest part of the job was ppl personal feelings coming in play of the stores goals.
Pros
pay raises
Cons
too many in store issues
productive and fun environment with attention grabbing advertisement
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLFebruary 20, 2016
typically the day consisted of great customer service
i learned how to train an employee
management worked fairly
my co workers pulled their weight as their role in the team
the hardest part of the job was security
customer service was the most enjoyable
Pros
flexible scedule
Cons
no break for a short shift
Listen to music while you work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 24, 2016
Depending on the day, it would start off slow, but we'd get a lot of work done when it's slow. Everyone got along, crew and management. The hardest part of the job would be cleaning up at the end of the night after a long busy day.
Productive workplace and teamwork
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHFebruary 22, 2016
I like working at Citi Trends. My coworkers and I get along great. Management is great and understanding and help on the job. Its not a easy job but you will always have something to do. I learned more about merchandising and management training.
Pros
Contest, Employee of the month awards, Luncheons
Cons
Hours
Citi trends
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 1, 2015
Citi trends is a good company for quick advancement if you work good, the company in general though has a lot of things wrong with them, they are selfish as far as when an employee needs time off for their personal reasons, they expect your whole entire life to revolve around this company, they definitely are not a good company to work for if you have a family. There pay compensation for 2nd assistants is decent but they should offer more pay for the first assistants considering the workload amount. Also raises arent given yearly like they should be.
Pros
QUICK ADVANCEMNET IF YOU WORK GOOD
Cons
NO LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK FOR MANAGERS
Productive and face paced environment
CASHIER / SALES (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 19, 2015
A typical day work consist of handing of freight in accurate and timely manner . Providing customer service to the public in person or via telephone.Being able to work in a fast paced environment. I have learned that no matter what skills you process you can not move ahead in this company . Some of my co-workers are only there for a paycheck. The hardest part of my job is interacting with the District Manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually helping customers.
Pros
Interacting with the customer's
Cons
No benefits, no discounts, NO vacations, and bonuses, minimum of breaks.
Stressful work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 25, 2016
A typical day at this job would be trying not to argue or belittle your self. I learned how to bite my tongue and keep a smile on my face here.
The management is not for the employees at all. there is no room to grow at this. The district store manager doesn't even speak nor talk to the employees. the hardest part would be that there is not any room to grow in the company; they don't believe in promoting and rewarding the most enjoyable part of this job would be that I got to dress the maniacs and I the fact that I got to help the customers. s
Pros
discounts
Cons
no healt care or insurance
just ok
Cashier/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 27, 2016
a typical day at work is great on the register, customers can be rude at times but that's with any retail job. Management is horrible, shows favoritism,changes schedule without as much as a curtesy call, cuts hours and picks with employees if angry. everyone else is ok to work with.the hardest part of my job is learning where freight goes when you first start because its a pretty big store with tons on different products. the best part of my job is making customer feel/look their best when assist them with their wardrobe
Pros
fun friendly staff
Cons
poor managment
productive and strategic thinking co workers
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 7, 2016
Maintaining a proper stock level on lines for ladies to work. I became an experienced warehouse floor supervisor with strong leadership and relationship building skills with 20 years of experience in areas of ticketing , scanning , working on packing line as well as distribution line. There were no hard part with working at CitiTrends. The hardest thing for me was saying good by after the warehouse closed locally. I couldn't move because of husband job here in Savannah, Georgia.
Great Hours, Risky Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2016
It was truly a great job; I loved taking care of the customers and making sure all the stock was displayed from the back of the store but there was a serious problem with management due to the fact our whole management team had gotten fired due to internal theft so when I came into work we were going through a lot of transitioning and temporary management teams were coming in from all the different Citi Trends stores from around the U.S. It was hard to trust the new management team coming in and then we got robbed which was a lot for me to handle.
Keeps you busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2015
Interesting company. It is not a job to make a career out of seeing as though there are NO benefits to the job (i.e employee discounts, etc.). I have worked with the company over a year and have been getting minimum wage for a 20 hour week. The best part about the company is that they will work with your busy schedule outside of work.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits for strenous work
Productive workplace
Store Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 1, 2016
I enjoy working my management team. Some of work us work as a team. I process freight and operates the cash register. I enjoy making my customers shopping experience successful. Making sure that my customer service makes them feel welcomed.
great merchandise
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2016
okay place to work.
customer friendly environment
good place to start a career.
fast pace working environment.
nice and friendly people who seem to try to keep a smile

2.7