Citi Trends Employee Reviews

fun place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 24, 2017
great place to work for a young person in college or still in high school. Not great to make lots of money and hard to move up the latter. Not many hours available.
Day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work for me is fun. I love working and having a nice day at work. My favorite thing about working is to make others that does not like working to feel comfortable while working. I learn lots of new things while working. I have never been a manager but if I ever have a chance at being one I will be great at the job because I am easy learning and determined.
A lot of clothes
cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2017
Citi trends as a whole is a pretty decent company to work for. It is the typical clothing store. It was often laid back. Management wasnt always the easiest to go along with.
decent part time job
Sales Associate/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMay 18, 2017
pretty easy and laid back. consisted of normal retail work hours. helped me out a lot when i was going to college in regards to having pocket change and being able to study for classes.
Pros
worked around your personal schedule
Cons
pay wasn't good.
Nice
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSMay 18, 2017
It was a nice environment to work in. It only became stressful during the back to school sales and things of that nature when people would come in and destroy the store.
Fine workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2017
Provided opportunities to manage, train, and lead a small team of people. Enhanced employees customer service and management skills. Family oriented workplace.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Workplace
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 17, 2017
Not a good enviroment shouldnt no one have to work in a hateful enviroment . Father died no sympathy . Start getting write ups for nothing . Things i did before and other people do but they never recieved a wrote up
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Hours
Retail
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 16, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Citi Trends. Being an employee has its benefits. We get raises periodically, which I appreciate. We are also extended employee discounts periodically. This company will work with your schedule if you tell them your availability up front.
Pros
employee raises and discounts
Cons
doesn't give enough hours for part time workers
slow/fat paced environment
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMay 15, 2017
I had a lot of fun with this company and met a lot of great people. The work gets hard when its time to clean, but it is nothing to worry about if you have the right people working with you.
Pros
nice people
Cons
rude customers, alot of freight
Clean environment very organized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 15, 2017
It's was a great experience. The company is a very helpful. They where very perfetional and the pay was reasonable. The supervisor was very open to new ideas as well
Pros
Good pay fair treatment
Cons
Long hours sometimes
you would not want to work here
DC Packing (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCMay 14, 2017
DC Packing 2nd shift always short of staff. There is something always going on. Manager does not know how to treat people. They will overwork you making you pick up someone else slack.They hire anybody and not enough people. everyone will be in your business.
Pros
Guaranteed Hours
Cons
No Benefits Unless Fulltime, Always Hot In Summer Time
work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 14, 2017
Citi Trends is not a place that you would want to make a career. There is no security. people steal The work load is to much and they are understaffed.
Pros
flexible shedule
Cons
under staff, work load, no security
great place to work and grow. It's hard work though.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 13, 2017
Some stores were kept neater than others. District manager helped some stores and others stores managers were constantly replaced instead of helping them.
It's easy but hard work as far as keeping up the paste with the shipment. They have a whhoolle llott of shipment, but don't give you hours to do it , then, it's time for some more.
Pros
fun place to work if you are an associate. Great location. Great staff
Cons
They expect Managers to do it all.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 13, 2017
Hated this job. Management was poor. Wasn't cooperative with schedule. Managers get al of the hours. Not enough pay. Dress code is very strict. The customers were nice.
Pros
works around schedule
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay, not enough hours
nice place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 13, 2017
I enjoyed citi trends but management was awful I learned how to be more responsible during the job and the most enjoyable thing about citi trends is the enviorment
Its okay..
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2017
Job is good nothing to hard but the pay doesn't equal out its decent but not great but that's once you get to management level. regular cashiers would need another job.. Hours aren't long and day goes pretty quick in most cases.
ok place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 12, 2017
It was something to do when I was out of work. I worked there seasonal . Didn't get that many hours while working. The manager at the time was very unorganized.
Unproductive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 10, 2017
This was my first job outside of my family business. For them to be a company with various stores across the US. This company was very unprofessional and very unstable. The mangers didn't know how to talk to their associates and shared personal information (that was provided to them with confidence) with other associates. Many Associates were Fired under false pretenses. Paychecks would be short and there were no perks to the job. The company as a whole was a very bad environment.
A place to work until you find better
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMay 10, 2017
Good job if u enjoy your staff you will become like family but little move for advancement and pay is not good benefit aren't good and they expect a lot
Pros
If your staff is on track you will have a easy day and will become a work family
Cons
Little pay for the amount of work and hard to advance
It's Ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILMay 9, 2017
It's busy and long. Customers mess the store up, and there is not enough pay.I learned how to use the register. The hardest part is the customer satisfaction.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
No compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi Trends. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7