Citi Trends Employee Reviews

Found 1,075 reviews matching the search
Management Skills
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Working there gave me a lot of the skills needed to be successful in a management role. I enjoyed providing customer service and learning to deal with others.
Ok Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2017
Ok company to work for. The District manager does not treat employees fair. Does not hold employees to the same standard. Talking to customers were the best part.
Good first opportunity
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The manager was easy to work for. The hours were just not enough as well as the store location was not in the best of neighborhoods.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough hours, poor location
productive and fun
Sales Associate to Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
great managers and employees nice pay and hours very caring managers and employees competed with other stores for fun worked together and got along with each other very well
Pros
free lunchins
Cons
counting money, doing cash pick up, putting up clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GASeptember 14, 2017
Meeting new people. Getting to know your customers by name and knowing what they would like when new items come in. You'll have to clean up behind customers.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2017
Building the store was great because getting to know new people and having friendships. Working only the weekdays was another plus because we have weekends off.
A great place to start a career, but not a great place to stay long term
Supply Chain analyst (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 12, 2017
I got my job at Citi Trends corporate a month after graduating Georgia Southern. I learned a lot on the job, but most of what I learned I had to learn on my own because of the lack of training. There are no company events except for a small Christmas party, no one across the office really wants to communicate with each other, and people in the office love to play the blame game. After working their almost 2 years I got a new supervisor that was pretty un-relentless, and sometimes rude and unprofessional. Other departments such as merchandising had a lot more opportunities to move higher and switch locations to New York while the transportation department had little or no opportunities except to become a manager of a distribution center in the middle of nowhere.
Great work environment
Second key manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 11, 2017
Would have still been employed had car problems and put in a notice that I could not work any longer there but really enjoyed the work experience of working with others in a retail environment
Why
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Everything was everywhere!!!!
Management was horrible, They were confused at times.
The store was a mess always and there was no structure to the store.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  4800 Chef MenturSeptember 11, 2017
My over all review on Citi Trends was good. I was able to connect with my store manager personally. My work hours were flexible. My only concern was my safety. There were rude customers.Customers would use the fitting room as a restroom.Our freight were often stolen.We were robbed twice.
Cons
Rude customers
Unorganized and very stressful at times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2017
Working at Citi Trends was very stressful. The company was very unorganized. There was always more than one project going on at once. Paperwork was out of order. The store is unorganized. It was hard to get in contact with management. Schedule was never set in stone. Working with this company, you have to have a lot of patience.
Pros
Nice lunch break
Cons
Management and scheduling
excellent opportunity competive
Stire Mabger (Current Employee) –  GreebsboroSeptember 7, 2017
citi trends is a very wonderful place to work exspecailly if you are willing to work hard there is great opportunity t0 grow from sales associate to DM and VP opprtunties is acompetive company but with hard work it is agreat company to grow with
It has its pros and cons to work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Citi Trends is a great place to shop when you're looking for a quick accessory to go with your day or evening outfit. Not so much a good place to work because of unfair treatment.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Citi Trends was fun mostly because you get to help customers pick out clothes and see all the new seasonal clothing they had coming in. Overall it was calm and good.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 6, 2017
I was here for years. It was just time to move on. Work and life balance was not a healthy factor here. The health insurance was with a very nice company.
unbalanced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 5, 2017
A Typical day at wotk for me was hacted while being pregnant all managers would leave and go to the back and when a customer came i would have to leave the front just to go get a manager.
Fun clothing place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 5, 2017
People who is young and still in school or going. To college his will be a good place that you can work at cause it's part time not going to work that many hours and it's good if you like fashion too ..I like it cause retail clothing store I never did I was always working at warehouses...
Pros
Cons
No breaks..if you work part time ..and short hours
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 4, 2017
This job was a fun place to work but sometimes it could be very stressful. What I mean by stressful is that we had to be our own loss prevention team.
Fun place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2017
This was my first retail store I worked for and I really enjoyed the staff here, my only problem was trying to get more work hours, I helped with customers on the floor also.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
High Demand and High Stress
Store 2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2017
working here you must have patients with customers, employees, and management. This store does not have security/ loss prevention so you must be able to multi-task.