Citi Trends Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2016
A typical day is helping customers find outfits,keeping the store clean, putting out freight, etc.
Awesome co-workers that don't mind helping.
The most enjoyable part is helping a customer find exactly what they are looking for making them, and they come back again and again requesting your services each time.
If you get the right manager that doesn't mind helping and teaching you the right way of doing things then you will have a great work experience here.
Pros
First to see the clothes that come out
Cons
No benefits, Little to no discounts
Productive and face paced environment
CASHIER / SALES (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 19, 2015
A typical day work consist of handing of freight in accurate and timely manner . Providing customer service to the public in person or via telephone.Being able to work in a fast paced environment. I have learned that no matter what skills you process you can not move ahead in this company . Some of my co-workers are only there for a paycheck. The hardest part of my job is interacting with the District Manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually helping customers.
Pros
Interacting with the customer's
Cons
No benefits, no discounts, NO vacations, and bonuses, minimum of breaks.
ok
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 3, 2016
Its OK for a young person in high school. The hardest part is recovering the store after a tornado of people came through.
Cons
no health care, barely a discount, small raises, need second job to live
fun workplace
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2016
citi trends as a company is great but my store had to many in store issues..but a great company , great hours etc...learned a lot . the hardest part of the job was ppl personal feelings coming in play of the stores goals.
Pros
pay raises
Cons
too many in store issues
Citi trends
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 1, 2015
Citi trends is a good company for quick advancement if you work good, the company in general though has a lot of things wrong with them, they are selfish as far as when an employee needs time off for their personal reasons, they expect your whole entire life to revolve around this company, they definitely are not a good company to work for if you have a family. There pay compensation for 2nd assistants is decent but they should offer more pay for the first assistants considering the workload amount. Also raises arent given yearly like they should be.
Pros
QUICK ADVANCEMNET IF YOU WORK GOOD
Cons
NO LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK FOR MANAGERS
Horrible Company
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 17, 2016
The clothing is awesome. Men's, Women's, Kid's, Automotive,Home Decor, all sold here. Not the greatest quality on the clothing (even in the name brand stuff). However, the prices make you keep coming in...the management's only concern in unloading shipment. This isn't just in the store I was an Assistant Manager at; It's the culture, the norm. They receive shipment every day Mon-Fri and are expected to get everything unboxed and on the floor within 48hrs...but how can you when you still have to Hang everything, re situate existing merchandise that's on the floor so you can have room AND watch the thieves that come to raid the stores. The District manager was cool though...
Keeps you busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2015
Interesting company. It is not a job to make a career out of seeing as though there are NO benefits to the job (i.e employee discounts, etc.). I have worked with the company over a year and have been getting minimum wage for a 20 hour week. The best part about the company is that they will work with your busy schedule outside of work.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits for strenous work
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAAugust 31, 2016
The typical day at work involving working the cash register, greeting customers, and putting out freight. The closing team main job is to ensure that the store is recovered. The job is pretty straight forward in easy. It is a company where you can advance easily from a sale associate to management. However, I believe a company like this should pay more. I have been with this company for a little over two years. It is perfect for a part time job while in school.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, Schedule flexibility
Cons
Small raises, Rude customers, Hours
It's a good place to start employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
During a typical work day I receive and unpack freight. Depending on how busy the store is I unpack freight and work the register. I've learned a lot about different people and cultures while working here. There are many different kinds of people who enter the store. Management is good. They are always there to help out. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are having a bad day, but I just put a smile on and help them the best I can. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the customers laugh or smile while shopping.
Stressful work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 25, 2016
A typical day at this job would be trying not to argue or belittle your self. I learned how to bite my tongue and keep a smile on my face here.
The management is not for the employees at all. there is no room to grow at this. The district store manager doesn't even speak nor talk to the employees. the hardest part would be that there is not any room to grow in the company; they don't believe in promoting and rewarding the most enjoyable part of this job would be that I got to dress the maniacs and I the fact that I got to help the customers. s
Pros
discounts
Cons
no healt care or insurance
Unsteady work, too much time off
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCNovember 6, 2015
Not a good place for a career. Low end pay with very few benefits. You are working inside and out of the elements. They hire too many young, lazy people.
Pros
M-F workweek
Cons
Low pay, few benefits, no advancement
Great atmosphere and fun people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Citi Trends was a very fast paced job. I started off as an assistant manager and was able to advance to store manager. I met a lot of wonderful people and had the opportunity to work with great co workers. The atmosphere in the workplace was always up beat. Everyone knew how to be professional and productive and always took care of our customers to make sure they had an excellent experience shopping with us!
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Upper level management needed to be more hands on with the stores.
just ok
Cashier/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 27, 2016
a typical day at work is great on the register, customers can be rude at times but that's with any retail job. Management is horrible, shows favoritism,changes schedule without as much as a curtesy call, cuts hours and picks with employees if angry. everyone else is ok to work with.the hardest part of my job is learning where freight goes when you first start because its a pretty big store with tons on different products. the best part of my job is making customer feel/look their best when assist them with their wardrobe
Pros
fun friendly staff
Cons
poor managment
do not work there!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2015
they do not give anything, they are minimal wage, and work you to the bone. After working there I found out from talking to one of the managers that when the district managers blame them for the thing that go bad, they blame it all on the workers.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, over works you, no benifits
productive and strategic thinking co workers
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 7, 2016
Maintaining a proper stock level on lines for ladies to work. I became an experienced warehouse floor supervisor with strong leadership and relationship building skills with 20 years of experience in areas of ticketing , scanning , working on packing line as well as distribution line. There were no hard part with working at CitiTrends. The hardest thing for me was saying good by after the warehouse closed locally. I couldn't move because of husband job here in Savannah, Georgia.
daily task
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2016
Nothing was typical about this company. It was fun and always keep me on me feet as a second key manager. I opened and closed the store daily. My mornings include counting down the cash tills for the day, making sure to do deposit from the prior day, preparing my store for customers, putting out inventor and if I had to close the day ended with making sure that staff, put items back on the shelf that was returned, counting down the tills and locking up the store.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
nne
Great company overall.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 7, 2016
Company overall is great to work for if you're planning on making retail a career. Easy to move up and be promoted within. Once in management, many other perks are given. Pay is decent for managers yet should be raised for the inconvenience these positions hold such as hours and weekend/ night shifts. Hard for people with families that include younger children to work every weekend.
Pros
Get to meet many new people
Cons
No weekends off or set days off
A great job for teens but not to live off off
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, NYJuly 13, 2015
This job for me was very tiring and especially as a full time student. A typical day consisted of standing on your feet all day doing freight and hanging it or if on the register going back and forth doing freight and checking out customers. As a student, it was tiring because when I would get home, it'd be passed 10pm and I would just go right to bed from being so tired. Here they expect very much and you do very much work for such small pay and no benefits as a part timer. I'll be leaving when the school semester begins August.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Closing, no benefits for part-timers, no set schedule, low pay
Retail business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 19, 2015
A typical day with this company may become challenging. I've learned how to conduct myself in uncomfortable situations. I was apart of mangement and goals were met. My co-workers were friednly for the most part. The hardest part was dealing with the multitude of customers but was worth it. I enjoyed the ability to put a smile on a customers face.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Healthcare benefits
low wages and long hours
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2016
low wages and long hours.. inconsiderate of employees personal life. hard for advancements within. a lot of back breaking working because of lack of the right equipment's. unable to communicate efficiently with manager. low pay but a lot of work! The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers!
Pros
store opens at 10am
Cons
every weekend you would have to get there 8am to itemize the floor without getting paid overtime

2.7