Citi Trends Employee Reviews in United States

it was good experience for me.
Stocker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 16, 2016
it was ok it was job . people were nice and very professional. i learned that i could move up in the corp latter very fast. the hardest thing about the job was one of the manager .
Pros
great environment
Cons
didnt last as long as i need it too
hard work with some safety issues and low pay
Unloader/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCMay 18, 2016
I worked as an unloader of trucks and the work was often hard. The management did not seem to care for the workers and the wages were small compared to the work. Raises were small also.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
extremely high health insurance
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 25, 2016
Processing freight talking with the co workers who actually talk is awesome they are so friendly very family oriented company. Management is the best hardest part of the job is getting slammed with customers and being a new hire.
Cons
Dont get breaks unless you work longer then 4 hours
Produced a Toleratable Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
Well its an okay work environment with your co-workers. You will tend to run into unthinkable situations dealing with customers. Still as long as you have tolerance you can handle it. The overall job is very simple.
Pros
simple job
Cons
low pay
It's a good place to start employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
During a typical work day I receive and unpack freight. Depending on how busy the store is I unpack freight and work the register. I've learned a lot about different people and cultures while working here. There are many different kinds of people who enter the store. Management is good. They are always there to help out. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are having a bad day, but I just put a smile on and help them the best I can. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the customers laugh or smile while shopping.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I learned a lot at citi trends like how to handle a stressful situation, how to manage time and counting my register quick and the right way. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the rude customers even though I was calm but the customers would sometimes try to fight or spit on me so I would call the manager to handle it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nice customers and the environment we had background music so sometimes I would sing along and just have fun. When there would be holiday we would be in the holiday spirit for example, Christmas the theme was Christmas colors some of us came dressed like little elves and the manager was Santa the customers was really amazed.
productive and fun environment with attention grabbing advertisement
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLFebruary 20, 2016
typically the day consisted of great customer service
i learned how to train an employee
management worked fairly
my co workers pulled their weight as their role in the team
the hardest part of the job was security
customer service was the most enjoyable
Pros
flexible scedule
Cons
no break for a short shift
Very productice and peaceful workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCFebruary 17, 2016
Over the past couple of years I've grown to love the people I work and my job. My co-workers are like family, and we work well together. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers but I deal with them accordingly to satisfy their needs. The most enjoyable part is being around my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches and store contests
Cons
No breaks with 6 hour or less shifts
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJuly 12, 2016
I wasn't there long but my experience there was pretty nice i enjoyed going in every day it was a peaceful environment and i enjoyed seeing all the customers and working with all the different types of clothing.
Worst year and a half of my life. Avoid this place before its too late!!!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 3, 2016
Cititrends was the most unorganized business ibe ever worked for. We would spend hours upon hours recovering the store and the racks were always overstuffed. They expect you to process butt loads of freight and run the register all by yourself. I worked for a store in S.C. At first it was a easy and cool job. Even with the local rachets it really wasn't so bad and management was ok. But then they transferred me to another store and that's when it started going down hill. The DM is a horrible lady. The management is messy and spiteful. They'd see you with a line wrapped around and would look at you like you were crazy to ask for help. Glad I quit when I did.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 29, 2016
Enjoy day to day interaction with customers. I enjoyed the skills I learned. I also enjoy working with the employees. This company was very interesting to work for. The work environment was very entertaining but yet it kept you on your toes.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
late hours
Great entry level experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 1, 2016
Typical day at work was busy. Normally multitasking with the customer on assisting their needs. I learned about sales and marketing how it works. The hardest part about the job was it really wasn't any.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Sometimes too much be going on in the store.
Part-Time Positions
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 13, 2016
I've worked there for a year, overall ok experience but the staff duties could've been alot stronger. Other than that I enjoyed the the experience.
Pros
Learning new retail strategies
Cons
No breaks
decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
It was a good experience for a job when your just starting out.
I loved getting the discounts on clothes . It also taught me my customer service skills.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
pay
a typical day is up and down
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duquesne Heights, PAJuly 26, 2016
it all depends if the day is busy or not. if it is busy it is a lot of commotion and very little team work. the management is a joke! no training provided they just throw you in there.
dissatisfied
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2016
I loved interacting with the customers. On a regular day I would come in to open the store first thing I would do is count down each register than do the paperwork. Next on my list would be to check the emails in the office. I would than go to the back room to get boxes in order to put out freight. While putting the stock out I would also do customer service and a regular cashier. Throughout the day I will assist customers with their needs, open fitting rooms, and keep my work area tidy. When the end of the work day is near we will zone the store also know as recovery, vacuum the floor, count down the registers, and clean the cash wrap.
Pros
the customers, seeing new clothes, being able to put a smile om someones face
Cons
the work enviornment was very unprofessional
Productive workplace and teamwork
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHFebruary 22, 2016
I like working at Citi Trends. My coworkers and I get along great. Management is great and understanding and help on the job. Its not a easy job but you will always have something to do. I learned more about merchandising and management training.
Pros
Contest, Employee of the month awards, Luncheons
Cons
Hours
Citi Trends
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed the environment and the autonomy I had as Lead Cashier. I enjoyed training new associates. The management treated employees well, and I especially enjoyed the customer interaction.
Exciting Fashion-oriented career
Assistant Manager/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, La, Alexandria, La, Tyler, TX, Bastrop, LaFebruary 17, 2016
You will enjoy every moment working for CiriTrends. The pay is subpar, unless you are capable of being promoted. Other than the pay, it is an awesome way to be in the cutting edge fashion industry, CitiTrends keeps up with all the latest fashions.
Pros
work enviroment, fetting to meet new people
Cons
pay
Really enjoyed working with Citi-Trends,..
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 28, 2016
Really enjoyed working at Citi-Trends,Days are long but I long for a challenge.The work was demanding yet gratifying.
Pros
Its alot easier to go in to work and do you best if youenjoy something about your job.

2.7