Citi Trends Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 13, 2016
i really did love working here. it was a great environment and i made a lot of friends. I love helping others and this job fitted me perfectly.
Dont care
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 9, 2016
I worked for Citi Trend for over a year. The management really didn't care about their employees and would not care if you needed time off for your health and family events. They would hire people and they would quite with in 2 weeks of working there. No one would cover anyone shift. They would expect 7 or more boxes done within 4 hours. They would write people up for so many little things.'
Pros
hour break for a 7 hour shift
Cons
Associates could not become full time
it was a fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 8, 2016
Highly motivated and hardworking individual looking to use my professional experience and exceptional work ethic to enter into a new, exciting, and challenging field. I have enjoyed working with and serving people to meet their needs and provide exceptional customers service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
manager take your hours for no reason, and do not work with you
A great challenge to provide consistant growth and stability with mechandise daily
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2016
I provide direction a total store operations for three stores in the district and also learned how implement new changes in to insure store on compliance and visual excellence.
Pros
company contest to provide motivation for staff and quarterly 20% discount
Cons
register systems old and outdated, markdown guns slow and printers not workingamd customers really shop stores carelessly
the staff was great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company, the staff and management was great, the hours was workable, the turnaround for management was stable.
Pros
hours, staff
Cons
nothing
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAMay 29, 2016
Lots of work but also lots of laughter and great management, loved working here. Very interesting and loved to shop here also, great deals on clothes and shoes.
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN 46619May 25, 2016
A good place to work only because of my co-workers at the time. Upper management was terrible. One person says to put the store this way, the next day someone else says to change it. The pay was horrible.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 23, 2016
One of the most friendly people i have ever worked with, great management team thats movitated to get the job done together!
Produced a Toleratable Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
Well its an okay work environment with your co-workers. You will tend to run into unthinkable situations dealing with customers. Still as long as you have tolerance you can handle it. The overall job is very simple.
Pros
simple job
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work but Upper Management is Bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the brief time I was employed. The work was not that hard but it could be a lot of work at one time. Freight was my favorite as we got to see all the new stuff that came in. My complaint is with the upper management. I feel they are very unfair and strict. The hours were low and then picked up. This company has a high turnover rate.
Pros
Friendly environment, contests between stores, customers
Cons
Very poor upper management, Very strict and unfair.
fun environment to work at.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 18, 2016
Selling clothes and making woman feel good about their selves make you also feel well. Also actual selling them something that i know their going to look good in it and wanna come back and purchase more merchandise
Pros
Knowing whats coming out and buying it first
Cons
n/a
hard work with some safety issues and low pay
Unloader/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCMay 18, 2016
I worked as an unloader of trucks and the work was often hard. The management did not seem to care for the workers and the wages were small compared to the work. Raises were small also.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
extremely high health insurance
Typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2016
A typical day consisted of helping customers, answering phones, and running cash register while doing stock. I have learned great multitasking skills. Management was fair. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to help people.
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2016
Teamwork is necessary in retail nine times out of ten to thrive. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.
Pros
Every month associates are offered a discount in the store
Cons
no benefits
Terrible job
processing (Former Employee) –  Darlington SCMay 11, 2016
The pay is terrible. First raise is ok after that it's just an insult! No room for advancing, they are just the worst company to work for. Fast turn over rate. Hire lazy people and those who work hard are treated just The same as lazy employees meaning time off and pay raises. This job is for someone desperate for a pay check.
Pros
Mon- fri job.
Cons
Work lots of Saturday's also. Or no hours.
Great Hours, Risky Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2016
It was truly a great job; I loved taking care of the customers and making sure all the stock was displayed from the back of the store but there was a serious problem with management due to the fact our whole management team had gotten fired due to internal theft so when I came into work we were going through a lot of transitioning and temporary management teams were coming in from all the different Citi Trends stores from around the U.S. It was hard to trust the new management team coming in and then we got robbed which was a lot for me to handle.
Teamwork
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 9, 2016
With my co-workers the most important thing is teamwork. Everything flows better when everyone is on the same page. helping one another reach our goals for our company, so we can be successful. We want to insure customer that they will be treated like we want to be treated and provide great customer service.
Fun trendy place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 4, 2016
The atmosphere is fun and trendy with different people and you get to keep up with the trends. would recommend anyone @ any walk of life to work here.
Good place to advance and learn new skills
quality control (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time working their. I gained more experience and advanced very quickly. It's not about how long you've worked there but how good your work ethic is. Great place to practice communication skill and growing in your attention to detail skill.
Pros
Advancement and learning new skills
Cons
scheduling for weekends are sometimes last minute call.
Decent place to work in college
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 29, 2016
The job could have been better. With not so good management comes more problems than there needs to be. The location I was employed at could use many improvements.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, fun contests between stores
Cons
Little compensation for work done, coworkers/management

2.7