Citi Trends Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, drama, stressful
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 14, 2017
I worked with Citi trends for a few months. In that time they abruptly replaced management and fired the person who was training me. When I started I was very clear I could not work on Sundays and that was fine, in fact it was a condition of me being employed. The new management told me if I didn't start coming to work on Sundays don't bother coming back at all. Not to mention they took me off of stock halfway through my shifts and put me on the from register for hours at a time despite never having trained me for it and it was specifically not my job.
Alright Job
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 10, 2017
This job was not that good to me. We were alway working long hours without pay. They want u 2 do everything with little pay. I wouldn't work for this company anymore.
It's was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNAugust 10, 2017
It was my first job I stayed on for 7 years. It was a nice little drive to work everyday. Co-workers and shoppers was very hard to work with at times. In a bad area.
Pros
Around clothes
Cons
not a good area
Fun place to work.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Roland, OKAugust 9, 2017
Processing and tagging items to be shipped to stores all over the United States. The management were pretty nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was standing in one place for 7 hours at a time.
Decent for a first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 7, 2017
Pretty basic first job. Anyone in the service industry knows that retail is retail. Long hours, moody customers, and minimum wage. They were under new management while I was there, which was a positive for me.
Good Place
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31408August 7, 2017
hard working people in the retail industry. Good place to learn and grow if you apply yourself.

Company moved from area since my departure. Corporate headquarters locally.
Pros
work
Cons
Work
It was okay
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 7, 2017
The turn over we terrible. Me and my other manager would have to work 40 days from open to close, no lunch breaks and only one off day a week. The DM was terrible to us with as much work we did an the lack of employees or other managers to help. They don't care if you have a family, kids at school you have to pick up, sick want to take a vacay or your life outside. To them you have none.
Pros
The money
Cons
Not flexible at all
Didnt work for long
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 5, 2017
Their was an OK environment, but it was very unorganized. i loved my coworkers and the costumers that came in made my day everyday. their was never a bad day their.
Pros
awesome coustmers
Cons
very unorginized
distracted store manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2017
when you clock in the manager was on personal phone calls.The store was suffering because their personal life holds their attention.The store was in dire need of attention.After the all day phone calls the manager finishes the shift shopping On their day off the customers used to compliment us on how quiet and calm the store was. I learned when ever the other employees dont want to work they can gather in the office and listen to the managers personal life. The hardest part of the job was trying to be taking stuff out of boxes, ringing up customers while having to maneuver around all of the stuff you had been un packing.the hardest part of the job was being on register for my whole shift.
the most enjoyable part of the job wa when the assistant was the only one in charge and they would help with the register
Pros
the occasional discount day
Cons
having to stay late, because the customers destroyed the store, and you have to straighten the same stuff you have been straitening all day
The people that work there are very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
Everyone there is easy to get along with the pay is OK for someone that might be in school but is not a long-term job or career very friendly environment not all but it is not always safe there is a lot of shoplifting there and controversial customers
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks if any if you are part time
Assistant store manger
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work why you asking the questions?? I need employment please. And thank you very. Much. I don't have anything to bad to say. Great Great company to work for.
Competitive , not enjoyable at all.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 2, 2017
I learned that working at citi trends everyone has to do everything . There's no certain job to withhold. There were guys working there yet women had to take trash out .
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks
fun to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2017
you have to be willing to work holidays and alot weekends. good customers. good company to learn management skills and building your future. and they like to promote from within
fun workplace
processing (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCAugust 1, 2017
Working for the company was overall a great experience. You cane in contact with different people and experience different personalities. It was fast paced and kept you moving
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
It was an ok place to work, close to my home as i can and woul walk to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2017
I learned how to greet customers. Learned how to manage other associates. Also learned how to do markdowns, counting money using a telemate counter. Is was fun there.
Pros
The managers such as myself would order take out for the associates.
Cons
Our breaks were not real short, but as a manager we couldn't break
Citi Trends
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCAugust 1, 2017
It was pretty straight forward, I learned to always recount money to cutomers more than once to be sure. Management was awesome. The hardest part of the job was during big sales everyone wanting layaways.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 31, 2017
i really enjoyed my time working at Citi Trends. i Learned a lot more about the fashion trends. I learned how to operate a cash register. A typical day for me was doing layaway and stocking freight majority of my shift.
I hated working there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 31, 2017
It needs security. The employees are horrible and the district manager is even worst! They dont care about their employees safety or their lives. I would not recommend anyone to work for citi trends.
Its a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2017
The job was great the pay was not much to live off. Its ok for a part time job. You have to have lots of patience for some customers. the hours are short. They really don't do fulltime.
Pros
great team
Cons
not enough pay
Productive place of work
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty productive. Even on slow days, there are always things to be done in the world of retail. The most enjoyable part of the job is how far management will go to keep the store running as efficient as possible.
Pros
Hard working management
Cons
No compensation from higher ups (corporate) in terms of time/pay