Citi Trends Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAMarch 29, 2017
Fast,fun,and friendly place to work. They have employee appreciation days whe you can save a percentage off all items in the store. The management was nice.
Fun face paced people oriented job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMarch 28, 2017
Would highly recommend this job to anyone who loves people and fashion. Management and the crew were very accepting and willing to help with training and any questions you could have. And helping customers find anything was a breeze.
Cons
little pay, short shifts
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMarch 25, 2017
A typical day at work for me is working hard and getting my job done by all means neccesary.The most enjoyable part is working with customers at work!
Pros
wokking hard
Cons
breaks too long
It's a nice place to work, I've been there for 3 yea of and on and I've made some close friends.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 24, 2017
Cititrends is a good place to be, but it's time for me to move on to bigger and better. A typical day at work is pretty calm if it's not the weekend. What I have learned working there is picking up on some management techniques that I could use some where else.
Pros
Good team work, lenient schedule, Great team effort when faced with a challenge
Cons
Hours being cut, more work for less pay, customers can be pretty bad
Not a good place to make a career
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 24, 2017
People here are back stabling, none caring people. You are just a body to sell the merchandise. Nothing else. Managers and DM do not talk to assist managers or sales people.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Anything you can think of.
Don't trust them
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2017
I left this position because I was constantly lied to about raises. I was to be compensated with an annual raise that I never received as well as a raise for training other staff and that did not happen either. I thought it was best that I remove myself from this environment.
Great working environment
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 20, 2017
Citi trend isa great friendly work environment kids and family safe great team more like a family everydaythere are more items placed out the staff is a lot of help if you need it
Great Company for advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2017
Aside from upper management(district leads etc.) being inconsistent and incompetent at times, this was a great job that I ran well. I trained and promoted over 10 managers.
Detailed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 13, 2017
Typical day was pretty simple put up freight help customer and ring them out. Open or close store and make sure all project were completed. I loved helping customer find what there looking for
Pros
Customers
Cons
Markdowns
Terrible General Manager
Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43213March 13, 2017
I'm not too sure if it was just my store, but my general manager was always very vague with the instructions she gave us. She also gave us very little tools to do our jobs and constantly changed her mind about things. She also refused to work with my second job on hours. So, I ended up leaving and working full time at my second job.

Want to know more about Citi Trends?

Ask a question
Management Horrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 13, 2017
I started here as a sales associate. Was promoted to Assistant Manager in 4 months. Everything was fine until store manager started mixing her personal conflicts into work. I was skipped over for a promotion and the position was given to an associate who was there for only 5 months. The DM does nothing to help no matter who you call. I was pushed to the point of leaving after not getting any help whatsoever with issues. Its an okay job but not worth the pay and stress
Pros
Management paid vacations
Cons
Management (store manager DM) aren't fair
Great place to work.
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAMarch 11, 2017
Trained employees on job skills and store policy. Performed day to day opening and closing paper work. Prepared store for corporate visits from head boss. Assisted customers on purchasing the right merchandise for themselves.
dont do it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMarch 10, 2017
not a good job ... no good benefits no hard a job tho ... high turn over rate .. no real leadership from DM or store trainers ........................................
Fun Work Place
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 9, 2017
Management Is Great
A great job for High school kids
Very easy job
Ive learned a lot from the manager Ive became a very good assistant and feel like ive learned how to become a great manager..
Teamwork environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 9, 2017
Retail is a teamwork environment, and have to have strong skill in communication. You have to demonstrate leadership skills and hard work toward the job.
Demanding.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 9, 2017
Managers are required to do the most physical work. In addition to janitorial services, stocking and receiving, markdowns, office paperwork, scheduling, customer service, security checks, monitoring the fitting rooms and cashing out customers to name a few. Loss prevention at Citi Trends is done by management and the staff. The company motto is that great customer service prevents shoplifting.
Pros
401K, healthcare, never a boring day, bonuses.
Cons
No proper loss prevention, rude customers, not enough hours for a proper staff, unreasonable expectations on associate work requirements.
work enviroment
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 8, 2017
Management is not where it should be. Store Manager starts conflict throughout the store and nothing was done about it! Wasn't a peaceful environment at all.
benefits
Cons
Messy managers
Nooooo!!! Don't work here!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2017
I wouldnt suggest anyone work here. The new manager is the worse person ever. You will be treated like an number and not an employee. The DM refuses to have contact with her managers. I hated this job. It was horrible. Do yourself a favor and don't apply here
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace okay for a retailjob
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCMarch 7, 2017
Did what the management required me to do, such as, work the register, clean the sales floor, greet customers, showed customer to the dressing room and put out stock. I learned that education is the way to success. The management is the average management for retail. The work culture was full of different personalities. The hardest part of the job was knowing when to speak and when to be silent. The most enjoyable part of the job was bond with the customers.
Pros
Free Christmas lunches and rasies every year
Cons
Cheap health coverage and no job security
Terrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE / CASHIER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2017
Worst experience they make you do so much for so little. Stock clothes and shoes pin them and also clean up run register everything for 7.25 every two weeks. it sucks
Pros
people
Cons
no discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi Trends. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7