Citi Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,992 reviews matching the search
OK Company
Senior KYC analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2016
They are CHEAP. Unfortunatly they are cheap Bank which treats its employees like they do not matter, hence the extremely high rotation.

Its a good place to start and get some experience but I would not stay here for long unless things start to change.

They pay is bad compared to other companies.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Bad pay. High rations due to terrible treatment
Divided culture, just a number
Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 26, 2016
I worked for Citi for 12 years. In that time I was laid off twice, continuously told I was a great asset but consistently rated as average, looked down upon by other departments for being in the "outcast" department and reminded often by my manager that I was lucky just to have a job. Citi does not value its employees. Each is just a number that is expected to be used until they burn out and are replaced. Experience is not valued. There is tension and aggression between divisions at sites as the different businesses are not co-mingling well and management makes no attempt to reconcile that. Employees are constantly told to do more with less, often picking up for eliminated positions and underperforming employees. The hardest part was telling my team they were not getting raises each year because the company considered them overpaid for their grade level just because they chose to stay in the same position for 10+ years where they were successful, and then to have to tell them their work was moving offshore to a team that knew nothing about the industry but was 3 times cheaper. I don't recommend Citi as a place for long term security.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
no management support, excessive workload, constantly changing priorities
My Experience
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2016
Great experience! I learned a lot about how to act in professional environment. Citi groomed me into the leader I am today. Management focused on more then production they really cared about my growth and well being.
poor
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2016
most managers are inefficient and lazy. no room for advancement. job security depends on your location. management and job culture is a joke.
good, productive, excellent , fantastic
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 25, 2016
very fun work environment, professional, brilliant , nice place to earn experiences, START a career as path way to success
Citi has a great social space to shares Ideas and projects.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2016
Citigroup is a excellent company give a great opportunities and many ways to develop employee skills, create a good work involvement.
Pros
Great company to learn and challenge
Cons
Financial Market is a unstable and facing many problems
All of the good Managers have left
Transaction Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 24, 2016
We processed government documents and were required to have a 24 hour turnaround on all documents. It was hard work but rewarding when you met the deadline. The culture of the building has changed tremendously and has went downhill. They let go of all the great leaders in 2014 and only have Managers left. If you are good at conforming and just doing what your told it is a great place to work.
break room area
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 24, 2016
It was fun, and very friendly coworkers, I learned just about what I could because I was there for a very short period, and everything was great for the period I was there
Heading in right direction
SVP (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 23, 2016
They take the VOE surveys very seriously which is a good thing. Mobility to non-US locations is encouraged - good opportunity for those who can be mobile.
Pros
flex schedules
Cons
none that I can think of
Too many reorgs in this big company
Senior Manager Testing (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 22, 2016
I was at CITI for 10 years and had more than a dozen direct managers. Some left the company but most were through reorgs. It made it difficult to build any relationships with managers and learn from them. The diverse workforce made for a good exchange of idea but the communications proved a difficult barrier to get past. Many times we had to do rework because requirements were not communicated/understood correctly.
Pros
Excellent vacation time and benefits
Cons
Frequent management changes
Good working environment
Retail servicing, dispute specialist. (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2016
Answering a client calls a request towards their banking account. Manching excellent communication skills and providing expert services .
Pros
Great management and communicational environment
Cons
Work schedule
Fun Place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 21, 2016
I started working at Sears while I was still attending High School. Therefore, most of my co-workers where about my age. It was my first job, I learned a lot from it. Also, it was a fun environment for me to work at because I a made a lot of friends. I was a fast learner. I was able to get experience in communication and handling with cash. I learned how to manage my time, I was always on time.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work Hours
Nice place to work if you enjoy collections
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 21, 2016
You take calls collecting from past due accounts. Some calls are enjoyable and some calls are not! You have good training but the training does not apply for all of the information on every type of call. Citi does provide a pretty good working atmosphere!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Not enough support
High delivery job with good team
Senior App Developer & Architect (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJuly 21, 2016
High delivery job with good team. Ready to adapt to new technologies and delivery in a fast pace manner.
Great company to work with opportunity to advance.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
Great company to work with opportunity to advance. The environment is fast paced. You need to be able to turn around deliverables quickly.
Fun place to work
sales, third party transactions, etc (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 20, 2016
Fun place to work but job advancement is not easy. The job can be very boring. My coworkers are very nice and easy to work with.
Compliance
Assitant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 20, 2016
Good mobility - but its a big company so you can get lost in the shuffle.

You have tor eally work hard for promotions - they try to cut costs at any time. Try to take advantage of benefits like college tuition reimbursement; movement to new states and countries, the many different job opportunities.
High turn around and didn't care about their employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCJuly 20, 2016
I was so stressed at this job the one thing it taught me was never to have another call center job selling products because that is not who I am. I can not force people to by things and the first no was good enough for me but they wanted 3 no's. That to me was being pushy and rude. My supervisor was amazing he believed in and helped me in anyway he could. My coworkers were amazing we had some wonderful times together. I miss them not the job
Cons
not enough bathroom breaks, and 10 hour shifts were very hard.
great place hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 19, 2016
difficult if you cant handle daily stress or make friends easily. lots of room for upward mobility if you care for it.
Good benefits
Document Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2016
It has been some time since I have worked with Citi and when I worked in Auto department, I can say it was great. Good life work balance, managers and co-workers. Then Citi sold it to Santander, and once that happened I left the company
benefits
Cons
layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.