Citi Employee Reviews

Found 2,624 reviews matching the search
i like the multi cultural environment
(**MAU**) manager assistant unit specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2016
employee benefit are awesome, when it comes to management its little bit poor, but over all not a bad company to work, enjoyed working with pro co-workers
Pros
NA
Cons
short breaks
Excellent company
USA BSA/AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Citigroup provides all the tools and training to excel in the financial and technological world. Management set you up to succeed.
create test Scenarios, test plane , test execution and trucking defect
SOFTWARE TEST ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
 Worked with development, product management and QA management to solicit feedback on Manual Test Cases & Automated Test Scripts
 Provided realistic testing estimates to ensure appropriate timelines and delivery to production
 Mapped Test Scenarios to business requirements & defined Entry & Exit Criteria for test execution
 Worked with Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts to continually enhance the service & testing offered by QA across the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
 Used HP Quality Center (QC) to report test outcomes from Test Lab modules by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing and displaying after execution
Challenging and interesting
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 9, 2016
good benefits, lots of time off, 8hr work days, a lot of information to learn depending on the department you work, comfortable work stations,
Pros
consitent work days, time off benefits, health insurancde
Cons
alot of various shift hours, weekend work and nights
Great Company, Great culture
Yield Book Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2016
As one of the biggest bank in the world. The administration efficiency in Citi impressed me in the first day of work. Everything I need has been set up. And the culture in Citi is great. They encourage you to talk to peers, supervisors and senior managers. They also encourage you to move to the right position you interested.
Great Workplace
CitiMortgage Homeowner Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Typical day included speaking on phone to customers, often upset about mortgage
I learned about dealing with tough situations and resolving issues for people
management was good
Pros
Great Pay, Great advancement opportunities
Cons
The nature of work was stressful
not bad
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAFebruary 4, 2016
i learn how to use a machine that uses electricity to seal matrial, i like how one week we had friday day off, and the next we didnt. we got paid every week
Pros
good hrs
Cons
too hot
Leading fin svcs that size is can be overwhelming at times in scope and footprint
Global Director (Former Employee) –  NY NYFebruary 4, 2016
At Citi there's BC (before crash) / AC(after crash), my era was BC having left in 2004. It's Walls Street so you got paid but very tough work environment... Advise you know what you are getting yourself into and who you work for / with is important. There are a lot of good people but can (often) easily be overshadowed by the "titans"
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment and demands
Poor IT with high expectations for quality and production.
Claim and Defense Dispute Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gray TNFebruary 3, 2016
My shift was 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. The first 20 minutes of the shift were to be used to boot up the system, read any emails and or alerts and to enter time worked in various "ques" into one of several time keeping software packages depending on which que you had worked in. It took approximately 17 minutes for the system to boot up leaving approximately 3 minutes for the other requirements.

Job required me to review the case and determine the next step in the disputes process. Depending on which software system th dispute was entered in I was given a time limit to complete.

I had to record via hard copy which que I was working in to the minute to be entered the following day into the time system(s). An example would be '7:21 am - 8:55 am BONUSDSP, 8:56 am - 9:04 am restroom.' BONUSDSP would be one of the ques worked during the day.

Once or twice a month everyone received an email asking for corrections to our time keeping because the system always showed we were missing time.
Pros
Excellent co workers. Agreeable work schedule.
Cons
Very poor IT, would often fail requiring rebooting the system, Poor time keeping methods that did not accurately store or track time.
Very productive with time for activities with in CitiMortgage
Loss Mitigation Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Manage a queue of accounts daily, performed quality control
Work very well with Team Lead and Management on special project.
Pros
Goal Incentives, Free Employee Celebration
Constantly Changing - Desire to grow.
PROJECT INTERMEDIATE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Citi has a strong drive to grow and meet its customers demands.
A typical day requires "managing" 3-4 projects and ad-hoc requests including account escalations and review.
Expected to be a Subject matter expert regarding whatever project is assigned.

Job expectations compared to others in a similar role were far greater. Although the role was classified as "digital", role was expected to care for roles and procedures outside of the digital channel, while similar groups with other focuses were only expected to care for their area.

Hardest part of the job was the "hurry up and wait". In order to get a "job well done", it required playing e-mail and IM tag to get answers to questions that are not centrally housed or located.
Pros
Vacation and Sick time are generous. Benefits day 1 for all departments.
Cons
Access to information or resources needed to complete the job without having to ask others.
Good
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  NJ, USAFebruary 1, 2016
Very good environment to work, learn and support. Learned lot of new stuff and very good experience. Involved in SDLC on few projects.
Okay company to work for.
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
This was an okay bank to work for. Opportunities were available for growth and advancement was based off the work you provided.
Lack of competence among management
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
Management is promoted based solely on politics. They continuously move positions out of the United States to the Philippines and Poland. Benefits are average at best. I would not recommend.
Enjoyable Co-workers
Default Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers and I was very impressed with the willingness to help each other. The work was never boring as there were daily changes to the process which required attention to detail. My training in default mortgage was extensive. We all had daily goals to meet which made the day fly by.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Too many layoffs
global organization with career mobility opportunities
Senior Vice President, Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2016
I really enjoyed being able to interact with colleagues all across the globe and to achieve our goals by working in teams of individuals with different points of views.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits, good work life balance, career growth opportunities
Cons
Management style sometimes is old school, too much focus on cost cutting and lay-offs instead of retention and development of talent.
Working @ Citi
Citi Shared Services, General Services, SVP (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2016
working at Citi is wonderful. The company is a leader in everything they do and they are good to their employees. I enjoy my work and the many challenges each day.
Pros
Diversity, Career Mobility, Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Women's Network and Leadership
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Limited Long-term Development Programs
Excellent Working Environment
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent working environment with great potential to grow and achieve higher career goals.
Exellent opportunity to learn and develop; Citi also provides an amazing work life balance with flexible working options.
Hectic and unorganized
Business Operations Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 28, 2016
Very unorganized with co-workers that lack professionalism and the concept of teamwork. The management staff is not interested in training of improving their subordinates. The job was stressful with unrealistic expectations
Pros
Cons
Company culture
Promotes educational advancement
Operational Risk Consultant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 27, 2016
Strategic leadership is well defined by senior management. Great company to work and there is endless opportunities as the companies global footprint is quite large.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Volatility in mortgage area