Citi Employee Reviews

Found 6,926 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Billing Dispute Expert Unit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 17, 2017
Great Job/ Work life home balance, Plenty of planned/unplanned time off, oppty to earn more time off, great incentives, also company luncheons, partys and rewards. Good OT when needed, Plenty of training opptys, reward ceremonies and onsite gym and cafeteria.Typical day at work logging into systems, checking email, taking phone calls, off the phone training or meeting sometimes etc. Hardest part of day is if supervisor hold times are long or cannot be reached. Good work culture though very diverse.
Pros
Benefits day one, parties and some good management
Cons
Hated being on the phones
Complications
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Citibank is not easy to handle. It always was a hectic day at work.Long shifts and lot of mental pressure. The hardest part about the job is that it needs your attention for 9 hours a day without any distractions. Also dealing with people who were so impatient. However it was enjoyable for some part i.e interacting with some really fascinating people. The workplace culture was super great. Full of different kinds of races and getting to know them by conversing was one of the best parts.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k
Cons
Long shifts, aggressive customers
Interesting cast of characters
Market Desktop Support Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Even though my internship there was brief, I won't soon forget my time spent there at Citigroup. I worked with the Markets Desktop Support group. They where very supportive and professional while keeping a comfortable atmosphere of comradery. Most enjoyable part of my job was the interacting with the clients on a day to day basis, they were all a joy to work with and the work was kept interesting.
Pros
Lax but professional atmosphere
Cons
Limited job scope.
Department Overview
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2017
There was a merger to Citigroup from Legg Mason. I had to learn new procedures, systems, etc. The atmosphere was pleasant. I was a Client Service Associate in which i answered incoming phone calls from the branches. I enjoyed processing claims which was retrieving money caused by a cash debit or assets caused by a short in the client's account. I didn't like processing checks. Everything had to be balanced and if the amount was off, i had to figure why this happened. Management was available if there were any issues. My brokerage expertise carried over from Legg Mason into Citigroup. It was a good place to work for.
Pros
Pay schedule was every other week.
Cons
Lunch was only for half an hour.
Full service office dealing with lots of customer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 6, 2017
Citifinancial was a great company to work for. It is unfortunate they closed down I got to work with great people and great customers. I had the opportunity to move up with this company. I had to deal with lots situation for customer needs which I feel has taught me how to deal very well with customers and co-workers. I provided excellent customer with my ability to listen to customers needs and delivered good results to my employer.
Pros
FULL SERVICE BRANCH CALL CENTER AND WALK IN CUSTOMERS
Cons
COMPANY CLOSED DOWN
Great Benefits and Compensation
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 7, 2017
Working at Citi Cards is an amazing experience. A fast paced call center that focuses on excellent customer service. Working there entails answering phones and providing accurate and efficient service to clients. Work with dual monitors, and multiple computer systems to review customer accounts, answer questions and make adjustments. Multiple cultures and a very diverse work environment. Health benefits are amazing, offers education benefits. In house gym and cafeteria. Offers many volunteer opportunities within the community.
Pros
excellent benefits, diverse work environment, work/life balance
Cons
short breaks/lunches
Productive, Innovative and Challenging
SVP- Business Development Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
Business Transformation Organization challenged us to find and implement innovative ideas to really increase the experience of our internal and external clients and have a true positive impact on the firm's bottom line. Management provided significant resources and support as we implemented the largest technological improvements in the retail bank for over 30 years. Management recognized the challenges of working on a global scale and allowed us to work remotely. People were judged based on their effort and the outcome of their work.
Global financial leader with top innovative opportunites
Executive Assistant to Managing Directors (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
My personal Citi experience was awesome. The team I worked with was responsible for global investments and new technology innovation for the bank. Resources provided for online and day-to-day activities were top of the industry. Excellent work environment.
Pros
Executive team was great but the NY Staff located in Long Island City, NY
Cons
Timezone difference of executive staff and two-train commuting time.
IT support for credit card payment websites
E-Services Specialist - Citibank, Las Vegas (Former Employee) –  The Lakes, NVMarch 23, 2017
This job would require me to troubleshoot over 100+ different websites for people to be able to pay their credit card. I defiantly had to learn customer service while working there, because whats worse than having to pay something you already don't want to pay and having problems with it. it was a great learning experience, but overall quit the place for a better job.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
The management, being stuck doing the same thing for years, due to no room to advance.
Data Center was fabulous. Latest and greatest of equipment.
Level 4 Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMarch 2, 2017
Citi's Southwest Data Center was a fabulous facility to be employed. The data center had the latest of equipment and was very well run by all employed there. Everyone got along well which is rare in a center of this size. Hated to leave but our jobs were outsourced to HP and the decision was made to eliminate our department, I was employed in the Media Dept. but was working on learning server installations and connections. Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour night shift.
Pros
Great facility to be employed.
Cons
a productive atmosphere, very motivated
Bank At Work Specialist / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Wonderful experience started from the root of the business, a teller to a receptionist to an assistant to the investment team to an assistant to the largest salesperson in life Insurance to a bank at work personal worker.
I loved working for a bank I was able to grow and every time I was promoted I was compensated and rewarded. It didn't take too long for you to grow and move on to something new and be able to grow. It just took your hard work and passion.
Pros
great benefit, healthcare, great team
Cons
job discontinue
Great place to work, great office and people and management
Senior Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Citibank was a fast paced office and kept me busy consistently, time flew by most days. I had a great support team train me, teaching me how to read credit reports and title reports and learn the ins and outs of commercial real estate from time at Citibank. I could not have ask for a better beginning to my mortgage career. Best parts of the day were when I knew I completed a file, I knew it would be approved and could not wait to tell the buyer the good news. Some hard parts were telling people that there loan was not gonna be approved but I would work with them until there were no further options left.
Pros
Working in the city of Chicago
Cons
too long of a commute taking the train daily
Global experience in fast paced industry
Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Citigroup is a terrific organization for exposure to the financial services industry at a global scale. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career and to connect with highly talented professionals. The hardest part about the job is the demand on your time. Global company with high goals also means hard work and long hours on the job.
Pros
Strong compensation and benefits package
Cons
High demand on personal time
Customer Service dream job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2017
I started out as an inbound customer service rep and quickly moved into a "manager" position. I ended up in the Customer Relations Team and handled escalated calls, VIP accounts, time and attendance among other things. I have to say that Citi was by far one of my favorite places to work. Sadly, I didn't ensure my computer was locked when I walked away from my desk and another associate made some adjustments on his wife's credit card account and I lost my job. It was a hard lesson but I never leave my computer without locking it, even at home now. Citi is a fantastic company and if ever given the chance, I'd go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Fantastic benefits, on-site gym, amazing cafeteria
Cons
Bad experience with co-worker
Client Service Representive
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I though it was Great
Ensuring clients are provided with excellent service by recognizing client needs and adjusting features and benefits of products to encourage usage
Overcoming objections from unsatisfied clients to focusing their attention to features of the product and showing how they relate to the clients needs.
Taking calls from customers service representatives to assist clients with their individual financial needs, hardships, and other client issues.
Cross-sell banking services and products to clientele.
Pros
Saved more than $100, 000 in revenue and fee income within a 1 year period.
Cons
n/a
Very busy, but great office
Mutual Fund Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
We were always busy, and we loved what we did and we enjoyed each others company, which made a typical work day, not so typical. A typical day would be dealing with trades that reject in our system and then calling the mutual fund companies to price protect the trades in order for the trades to be processed and not reject for a second time, as this could create a gain or a loss for the company on that particular trade, more than likely it would be a loss, and that is the way our days started.
Pros
we were always busy but we loved what we did
Cons
6:45 am workdays were very hard
Citibank
Manager of Product Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I worked for Citibank from the 70s to the 90s. I moved up from a part time teller to a manager in the back office.

I really loved working for Citibank. I learned many management skills as well as all the banking processes.

I was given some real opportunities from upper management and I felt that they were very approachable.

The hardest part was working for a manager that did not want my unit when it was transferred under her. She was very difficult and I felt that HR was not supportive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellow team members and the customers.
Pros
Promotional Opportunites
Cons
HR sided with a bad manager
Business Analyst for Strategic Initiatives group
Business Analyst, AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2017
Typical environment is working on Firm initiatives and projects in the New York office. Majority of line positions have been transferred to Low Cost Centers leaving project jobs to enhance and streamline processes in Finance.
Pros
Large banking institution where you can obtain great experience in the Financial Industry.
Cons
Constant budget reviews and elimination of employees in NY office
Corporate, I was a contractor so not technically "Citi."
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 9, 2017
I contracted for Apex systems. No benefits, no PTO, and only worked there for a year. Contract was open ended, but ended with no notice exactly a year after I was hired. The pay was mediocre, especially given that there weren't any PTO or benefits included. Work was fine. Good temporary gig.
Pros
Large facility, lots of walking in IT! Good teammates and manager.
Cons
Contractors excluded from official Citi functions.
Recruiter Contract to Hire
Mortgage Sales Recruiter/ Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Hard to climb the "corporate ladder", if you are looking for something repetitive and middle of the road, then this is perfect. Not a huge bonus structure or any commission, and their recruiting practices are outdated as well as their technology software to do so. If you thrive on new challenges and a bonus/commission style compensation then this is not the place for you. This is a place you go to retire not a place you want to grow your career for a long time.
Pros
Campus Amenities
Cons
work environment, management, upward mobility .