Citi Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,003 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits and Flexible work strategies
Vice President, Customer Experience Analysis (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2016
Citi has a great benefits package, strong focus on employee well-being, flexible work arrangements available (I was able to work from home in a higher level analysis job). big company with good potential for advancement and experience in different functions. but also so big that it's hard to get things done quickly and there are too many people involved in everything. There is a strong focus on the customer across the company.
Pros
Benefits, work-life balance, employee well-being focus
Cons
typical corporate issues with a large company - too big to get things done quickly
A nice place to work
Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2016
This is a nice place to work. However, metrics must be met and some are unattainable. Management is aware that they are unattainable but yet employees are still driven to meet them. Given a consistently strong rating for previous 5 years. Last performance appraisal given a rating of above average. Pay is very good. benefits are very good. Managers are nice and relatable. There is opportunity for advancement in other areas besides in my state. Work/life balance is very good. Managers are willing to work with helping you find a work life balance that works for you.
Pros
Work from home, Worklife balance, Nice Managers
Cons
Hard to meet metrics, constant change, stressful atmosphere
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 31, 2016
Being productive is the key to the game. Citi offered many ways to be productive but each manager run things different. The rotating schedules make it difficult with family or life events but most Managers are willing to work with you on the schedule. Job advancement is the hardest part at Citi. When we were given notice of the company laying us off, they offered lower scale positions that didn't meet the demands of cost of living. 4 out of the 85 stayed with Citi from our entire department. Each manager ran her/his show different. There was no set guidelines per say which had its good points but also had its bad points. The health benefits were amazing!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No advancement
Great Call Center Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 16, 2016
Good training, and great management, growing quickly, and some growing pains. Creates new goals for everyone when transitions are made. One of the largest organizations to work for, so some room for advancement. I didn't like the low match for 401K or that they only match a lump sum once a year. Or that there is no in house Human Resources. Many good benefits but it is difficult to use them all because you have do it on your own time long hold times etc with the outsources company. No incentives with HomeDepot portfilio. There are incentives with Sears and Collections, but you have to reapply essentially and be retrained. Calls have to avg 240 seconds or less. So a lot of info to cover in a small time.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
hard to use them all with outsourced HR.
Pay is not good and customers are very angry and disrepectful.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 21, 2016
Pay is not good which is the most important thing. Most customers are nice people, but some call just to have someone to yell at. Co-workers are cool and management is nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers by correcting store problems or waiving fees. The worst part of the job is when you cant lower their interest rate and they give you a bad rating on your email survey which directly impacts the amount of raise you get(even though you were super nice to them).
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Mentioned in summary.
I work at Citi, Full-Time (More than 8 years so far)
VP, Engineer Specialist, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2016
Citi is a great place to work in the location I am in. Great cafeteria, and even have a gym onsite.

There is much to learn to work at Citi and if you do a good job you can transfer from one department to another if you want.....it is easy to do...so get the most that you can from the role you are in. Use that experience to move on and up.
Pros
Good work life balance. Standard benefits. Onsite gym. 401k match. Great parking in Tampa
Cons
There is a tenancy to give promotions and work, but not the income. Small increases.
Excellent benefits, great work life balance
Business Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 22, 2016
Benefits are nice, 401k match is the best of any company I've worked for.Flexible for work/life balance. Plenty of opportunity to learn different aspects of mortgage within the company from default to originations to fraud and the banking side
Pros
Cons
Constant change, merit increases not based on performance, a lot of office politics
Citi Financial
CLIENT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER / ASST. VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Great company to work for - did require lots of daily traveling. Typical day was visiting 5-10 new and used car dealers a day and on some weekends.

This job required meeting with decision makers who helped people with auto financing needs both prime and subprime financing. We did weekly and monthly meetings to set goals and expectations. The hardest part of this job was getting finance managers to give the bank an opportunity to review customer applications, once they sold a vehicle.

One of the rewards for this job was the benefits for getting new business. I was the top performer for 4 years and enjoyed every minute of it. I also enjoyed being a trainer for new hires for outside marketing representatives.
Pros
Great management, good benefits, and flexible hours
Cons
none come to mind
Great place to work and start a career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at works begins with login
checking emails and alerts
and interaction with clients and business partners

I've learned a lot of valuable advice and team strategies.
The management is great and will really work with you on improving and growth with your personal life and the company
The work environment is excellent everyone works as a team
Pros
bonuses and benefits available to you
Cons
Lunch brake for the night shift, and the work overload
The BEST years of my career.
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL and San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2015
I started with Citi at the age of 16 as a Summer Intern and ended my career almost 16 years later due to family obligations back in San Antonio. I was given the opportunity to grow, literally, and so many became "family" over the years, "bleeding blue". Over the years, I learned so much both professionally and personally.

The company offered great benefits and compensation, job security/advancement, the management was stellar, and the job culture was on a level that I have yet to experience in my career since. Work from home was just being explored but our management team supported each employee and their work/life balance, from school schedules to family obligations.

Hands down, one of the best places for Job Culture.
Pros
Management Support and Job Culture
Cons
Honestly can't think of one.
Diverse
Securities Funding Service Trading Analyst & CSO (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Great place to grasp the big picture on how the market operates on a global level. Multi cultural employee base, great place to diversify your professional career with in the financial industry. Compensation is the lowest out in the field, Management is not trust worthy and do not live up to promises made. Management needs to improve on relations and employee advancement. employees are nut judged fairly upon work performance but based on the friendships they hold with management. Management is not structured as all managers micromanage the markets and team.
Constantly Changing - Desire to grow.
PROJECT INTERMEDIATE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Citi has a strong drive to grow and meet its customers demands.
A typical day requires "managing" 3-4 projects and ad-hoc requests including account escalations and review.
Expected to be a Subject matter expert regarding whatever project is assigned.

Job expectations compared to others in a similar role were far greater. Although the role was classified as "digital", role was expected to care for roles and procedures outside of the digital channel, while similar groups with other focuses were only expected to care for their area.

Hardest part of the job was the "hurry up and wait". In order to get a "job well done", it required playing e-mail and IM tag to get answers to questions that are not centrally housed or located.
Pros
Vacation and Sick time are generous. Benefits day 1 for all departments.
Cons
Access to information or resources needed to complete the job without having to ask others.
Great team players Great Company
Customer Service/Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 6, 2016
I Loved working as a resolution and research specialist, I worked with a great group of people with a very low turnover rate. I was there from 2001 until 2007 that reason for leaving was my family was relocating to Oklahoma, where I began my job as a stay at home mom! I left Citi on great terms had a wonderful exit review and was told I was welcome back anytime.
Pros
Great Building with a wonderful Cafeteria and a great benifits package
Cons
do not have any complaints
global organization with career mobility opportunities
Senior Vice President, Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2016
I really enjoyed being able to interact with colleagues all across the globe and to achieve our goals by working in teams of individuals with different points of views.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits, good work life balance, career growth opportunities
Cons
Management style sometimes is old school, too much focus on cost cutting and lay-offs instead of retention and development of talent.
Quality Customer Service
Transaction Fraud Specialist/ID Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 23, 2016
My typical work day consists of me making outbound and taking inbound calls assisting customers with possible fraud on their card accounts. My co-workers are always friendly and helpful.
the job is pretty much routine and does not allow me to or reward me for using my natural skills. I do love to help people any chance I am given the opportunity. I believe that customer service should treat people, like people and not numbers. to that extent i provide quality before quantity when performing my job duties.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, mismanaged time banks
worklife balance is not there
Application Developer Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 26, 2016
No job security and lot of politics. work life balance is not there. But you have work from home option that is good. Management need to treat people better
Pros
Work from home option and good benefits
Cons
less job security and layoffs
Fraud Specialist
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Answering 50+ calls per day while working other accounts. Everyday I learn more ways to help our customers. my manager and coworkers are great, we adjust to changes with in the department and with each other. The hardest part of my job is when I am not able to help a customer immediately. The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers, my ability to help them and the thankfulness hey feel when I have cleared their credit cards for use.
Pros
Benefits are great, learning opportunities
Cons
Unable to advance due to ability to teach new representatives
Great team of people to work with
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed my 14 years at Citi. Due to staff reduction my job was eliminated.

Intacte with various levels of candidates and managers. Responsible for following candidate from scheduling interviews to mailing out fingerprint cards, drug testing and making sure background clears.
Responsible for completing I9 and making sure all new hire paperwork is completed.
Pros
Great benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Bankruptcy Specialist / Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 1, 2016
CitiMortgage was a great company to work. The benefits were exceptional and the management was wisely chosen. The culture as well as the diversity as employees was highly focused on at Citi which I think is very important.
Good mobility opportunities
Application Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Ideal place for learning and developing skills at various levels.
Coworkers are generally knowledged and helpful .
Management creates opportunities for mobility and career development.
Pros
Ideal place for learning and developing skills at various levels.
Cons
Compensation is not in par with industry standard