Citi Employee Reviews

nice place to exceed
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2018
fun place to work great opportunity to advance in your career friendly place .. great health care benefits 401 k health care vision
great team building exercise .. All the managers are very helpful and understanding
N/a
Application Processor/Batcher (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 22, 2018
Reviewing reports and organizing data.
- Ensuring quick, accurate and secure application processing

 Application forms
 Personal documents
 calculating required fees
 validating information
Citi
Co-Collector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2018
A typical day was good. the hardest was collecting past due acct. The enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers and helping them with their past due account.
Pros
Schedule was great
Cons
No payment
Underpaid and They know it.
Credit Underwriter (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I've worked for Citi for 13 years.I love the people i work with, the relationships I've made and the skills I've learned. Our medical benefits are unmatched. But when it comes to compensation and advancement, you honestly will make more money by coming in off the street than having a long career with the company. They have "vanity titles" for roles within the company that don't mean anything if you go somewhere else. A credit underwriter at Citi isn't the same as one at another company, meaning you don't have the same training and are basically unqualified. It's a well known fact that people quit Citi to go somewhere else and then come back within 18 months to get an increase in pay and keep their tenure with the company. People are leaving in flocks because we are tired of being underpaid.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slim chances for advancement, Low pay
3 years on the jobs 2 years 8 months too long
Loss mitigation specialist for different positions (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2018
First job in a collection agency, start it in front-end collection's, after a couple weeks of being yelled at cussed at you kind of got used to it so that's was that was the job but there were an awful lot of nice people as well. 8 Intuit the team was transitioned to a HAT team " homeowners assistance team", strictly dealing with homeowners applying for the Home Affordable mortgage program or more commonly known as HAMP. This is where the train came off the rails some of the angriest people on the planet was your customer base and really not the fault of the customers they were repeatedly asked to resend pay stubs bank statements tax returns cause for some reason they either got misplaced lost or the loan officers took too long and they were time-sensitive documents are they had to be updated. Each time it was the homeowner's responsibility to fax these in at their cost. After a little over a year of doing this was offered a position in the Freddie Mac pilot program. There were three teams of roughly 12 members per team, you were given a portfolio of somewhere between 150 to 200 clients or homeowners to call on range everywhere from 3 months past due to borderline foreclosures. This was probably the best job on the floor and the ham job that I spoke about earlier really was honestly a punishment job if you had that. The Freddie Mac position was a lot more relaxed than the over-managed micromanaged poorly managed teams that were Elsewhere on the floor. This program came to an end 18 months after it started and all the Reps were given a choice of going to the new government regulations  more... of ownership where you were the point of contact from start to finish with a homeowner from birth to abortion with a loan or a repayment program you could have went to back toHAMP team, that got a big laugh with everybody or you could go up a notch to what was considered the probably the top job. The objective here was to talk to homeowners that were already in a foreclosure status. The objective here was to convince the homeowner to do a short sale, this would stop the Foreclosure procedure, and they were all City on mortgages. Conclusion they were just trying to dump as many bad loans and paper as they could. This department literally had the worst manager one was overheard of saying how many idiots you think I'll get today to some friend on the phone and the only guy worse than that was his boss who talk to everybody as if they were 5th graders. That's when I resigned. Also made a promise to myself that I would never ever work for this company in any way shape or form again.

Nuff said!!
Pros
Coworkers facility, bonuses
Cons
Clueless managers and micromanagement
We always work and do fun
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 20, 2018
I thing it is not typical day at work , we work with fun. I have very good team so we enjoy to work with fun and make customer happy
I am originally from india . So I learned lot of things
How communicate with customer,.Multitasking ,ability to prioritize, responsibility , accuracy , how to handle with customer problems

Our management is very nice always take care about employee. They give us lot training to learn
Different task . Give us good bonus for sale products

Work place culture is very friendly , very understandable, like to work with fun.

I do not thing anything like hard part in job , if you willing to work and willing to learn nothing is hard.

Most enjoyable part of job is meet different type of customer , learn different cultural , work with fun . Good team .
Pros
Some time emploee appriciation day
Cons
You can take small breaks
Good company to work for
Former member (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Good company and excellent reputation with a lot of learning opportunities. I had enjoyed working at Citi as it is the one of the best companies in the US.
It was a good place for me
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I really liked working at citi but unofrortunately it did not have the growth that I was expecting. They have many great people and it is a huge company but I got to know the people that I was working with and they are very skilled. I was impressed by more than a few people there. A wonderful workfoce. But all of the improvementsin IT mean less jobs and the call centers moved many jobs off shore.
Pros
Great benefits and very talented people
Cons
Offshoring jobs
working at citi
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2018
For me working at citi was very good they really train very well their personal. they are very professional but the treatment to the employee was unfair
Cons
very short breaks and a lot pressure
Good Learning
Senior MicroStrategy Architect/Developer (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Learnt a lot and good problem solving skills. The work culture is good and we get to learn about the different problems. We had a nice environment. People were good,.
Rose colored Glasses
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Elanger KYFebruary 20, 2018
during training you are told really good things about the company - I was really excited to be there - after training- the real world sets in & things are not exactly as they were explained. Not a bad job if you like talking to people - the benefits are amazing & the pay; There is no communication or leadership.
Pros
Benefits paid holidays pay
Cons
unable to take time off; no flexibility
Nice place to work
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Installed and configured antivirus software on user desktops. Installed, configured and troubleshoot desktop equipment for users and deploy desktop applications.
dont work in customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2018
the worst customer service experience ever, they did not care if you had children or medical problems you had to come to work and you could never change your schedule
nice place to work
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working here, every body is nice, you can talk with HHRR if I have any question. My boss was always open to listen and give us opportunity to grow in the company
Fun and competitive work environment in meeting business goals.
Customer Service Representative, Operations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Learned how to identify key issues concerning customer issues with credit cards and security. Applied interpersonal skills to create healthy work environment and improved workflow by communicating with managers.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, emotional deprivation
UAT Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Very Informative work environment. The job was based on working with different groups of people. I learned to be more effective and efficient in deal with various personalities.
Great company to have a lifelong career in
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 20, 2018
Citi is an amazing place to work. The company highly values their employees and the culture is extremely family, gender, race, religion, or LGBTQ accepting. They offer amazing benefits immediately as well. Their managers are willing to bend over background to help further their employees and take care of day to day needs. If I recommend anywhere to work, if you can handle the stress of daily calls, it would be Citi.
Great environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2018
worked there for many years great comany w/ Great Customer service .. helped out many customers in real estate loans and services ,, would recommend to firends and family
good work environment with many opportunities for advancement
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Typically the day would consist of 70- 150 inbound or outbound calls, meetings with managers and extra projects to better the team's efficiency. The most enjoyable part of the job were the bonuses that one could achieve at the end of the month for the hard work that was put in.
Pros
bonus opportunities
Cons
poor management.
Confused Place
Application Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Management is confused of projects , spent money on something and decide to cancel later as well as not sure about the path going forward total confusion to all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K