Citi

2.6K reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

It was a job
Technical Service Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk VAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: favoritism
during my time at CITI I found that there was a lot of favoritism going on as most of the people in charge came from BOA. The only was for me to advance at this company was to be on another team or to be a male.
Productive fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, KYJuly 28, 2015
great for people starting out in customer service. company is great to work for. Great staff and environment. over all was a great experience working at this place of employment
Disorganized bureucracy, too big to succeed
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Base pay is competitive in the industry
Cons: Anything other than base pay
Management is incompetent and unrealistic in its expectations of employees (as a collective.) They are also lacking in reward for those particular employees who actually exceed the exorbitantly high bar that is set because they are "grading on a curve" when it comes to the review process. It is also very much a good ole boys club when it comes to hiring, bonus, and performance appraisals.
Fun and productive place to work
AVP-Senior AML Compliance Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Lots of work on this Bank. Due to the cultural diversity its a interesting place to work because not only you do your job but you get to know coworkers from different places from around the world. Senior Management lacks communication with middle management and thus with employees.Overall great company to work for with good benefits.
Citi
Sales and Service Support Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros

Citi gives the reps that wish to move up a chance to do so. You can almost always move to other departments as well. You will also work with a wide range of people. I didn't mind leaving Citi as much as I did the people i worked with.

Cons

The C in Citi stands for change. Depending on the department that you work for, most policies and procedures will change. Make sure that you pay attention to your emails and if your boss and CA are on top of their game they should let you know most of the updates
The most hardest part of the job is when operations machines are not running.The most enjoyable part of the job getting along with different workers.
Operations Support Quality Rep2 (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Multi-Cultural and International Business Company.
One of the most recognized companies in the world.
This company produce very high revenues in many countries worldwide.
Productive work place
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 27, 2015
* They hav High Goals
*They are very Detailed
* They Have opportunities to work from home.
*Was allowed to mover around in the Company.
*Great Co Workers
Wonderful Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2015
Citi is a wonderful place to work. The culture is very diverse and the management teams are extremely open to development, diversity, and promotion.
Good
Accounting (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJuly 26, 2015
Good Companyto work for, no issues. Great place. Love working there. Great people. Great Bosses. Learned how to do more of account ledger.
Peaceful, fun place to work.
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oxford, ALJuly 24, 2015
I handled collections on old accounts. Set up new customer accounts and ran credit checks for new loans. I enjoyed the fast paced environment.
Great worklife balance
Internal Auditor III (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 23, 2015
The job offered me great work life balance, opportunities for advancement, remote work offered, and flexible schedule
Fun Company
Account Analyst - Citi Community Capital (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
When I began working at Citi it was a wonderful working atmosphere with very smart individuals. It is a good company with a great mission.
Relaxed Office Culture
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
The workspace at Citigroup was very relaxed and informal, qualities that I really liked about the organization. People were very friendly and kind and supportive of one another, as well.
Great environment and good people
Senior Derivatives Middle Office Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
My job function requires a lot of ad-hoc work for Citis' traders/sales within the Municipal department. I'm mainly working with OTC Derivatives and deal with the operational aspect of its' life cycle.
AML Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
An enjoyable place to work. Provides ability for advancement, although, like most corporations, a lot is dependent on the manager that one works for.
Management was very understanding, with Work/Life Balance.
Credit Operations Specialist III (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 22, 2015
Every day was very busy, that made the day go by fast. Management was very understanding, with Work/Life Balance. My co workers where great.
Productive work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Productive work environment
Cons: budget cuts
productive work environment
worked there for 17 years as an employee and then as a consultant
knowledgeable management
friendly and helpful coworkers
Fun place to work good family enviroment bring your kids to work
payment processor (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Very likeable co workers
Cons: long days short lunch break
I really enjoyed my job at citi it was a good business in the beginning as time went on there were a lot of changes to the company and work environment. The hours i worked were from 6 30am to 5pm or until the express mail was done for the day on Sunday thru Wednesday and overtime on when available. The managers of the department were very good and able to handle all of their duties as well as employees complaints in a timely manner. I was able to get along with everyone i worked with it really was like a team effort not just 1 or 2 trying to get the job done.
Join for peers and experience
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 21, 2015
expect nothing more, Citi is going through a tech stack upgrade of sorts after years of stagnating, so lots of expectations on developers.
The C in Citigroup stands for Constant Change
Manager (Former Employee), St Louis, MOJuly 21, 2015
Pros: time off, benefits/healthcare
Cons: home/work balance
As a mid-level manager, work weeks were always 45+ hours. You learned many 'work around' tasks as it was sometimes tedious to get assistance from team members out side of your division.

Work was rewarding as I enjoyed assisting clients as well as learning new things in regards to underwriting, compliance and the legal ramifications of certain actions.

Being in management allowed for me to learn new things that added to my knowledge base that would not have been available to a non-exempt employee. But with that benefit came the added duty of an unbalanced job work/life balance.
Headquarters