Citi Employee Reviews

Long hours but rewarding experience
Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Management recognition of the hard work
Cons: Long hours
Great company to work for and great management team. The SMT has got visionary thinking but due to global pressures, unable to expand the team in the US
Excellent place to work
Branch Asst. Manager (Former Employee), CarolinaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Good incentive plans
On this job the co-workers were and excellent team that at the end of the day the all the job was completely done. Also on this job I was able to take some seminaries to improved the knowledge in the areas of Human Resources and how to keep the employees focus on the targets.
Was a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
I spent many, many years at Citi in different departments/positions and it was a really great place to work. Unfortunately, they closed our site and most of the employees were laid off. I would have stayed with the company until retirement had this not happened. Good employees, great pay, great benefits. Made many wonderful friends over the years and miss the daily interaction with them. Also, I think many employees didn't realize just how good it was at Citi until they had to find new jobs with new employers. Just too bad it had to end.
Great work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Meridian, IDAugust 25, 2015
Yes its a call center, but it's a call center that gives back what you put into it. Great managers who are always willing to help you out and work around things you have going on. Benefits effective as soon as you start and really generous time off
The most enjoyable part of the job
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great hours, overtime, vacation and personal time available
Cons: No job security, no support from management
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customer stay in there home instead of losing it in foreclosure. I love to help people if I can and that was awesome at the end of the call to have a customer satisfied. A typical day at work was answering inbound calls of clients who was looking for assistance on there mortgage loan and we went through a series of programs that they may qualify for to bring them current on the loan or get a reduction so they can maintain the mortgage. I really enjoyed working along side my colleagues and learning from them. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help the customer with any program for them to remain in the home.
fun work environment that is busy
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch by loan officers gift cards fun environment
Cons: too much gossip and people lying on you
Busy all the time but it was a fun environment to work in learned a lot about underwriting and loan structure. Co-workers were friendly and nice for the most part. Management was really nice.
Difficult company/diamond in the rough
Cards Issuance Operations Assistant/ Quality Lead (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2015
The management team at Citi try to create a atmosphere that set the employees up to fail. There is no rom for advancement. The management team look down on the employees & do not reward employees for going over their job duties. The pay grade is low compared to other banking companies.
Management only think on their own benefit and look good
Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Citi believes in diversity and is very dynamic in this field. Management needs to be more proactive in resolving the problems before they happen
Executive Responder (Current Employee), Irving, TexasAugust 24, 2015
As an Executive Responder for CitiFinancial, I respond to any and all written complaints according to state, regulatory and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) requirements.
Citi never had their compensation scale right, which left alot of people working for free, basically.
Retention Specialist / CSR Team Lead (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Raffles for free Jaguars football tickets
Cons: Extremely short breaks. Compensation not fitting the work done by the employees.
My typical day at work consisted of assisting customers, which I loved. I also was able to train new hires and be the lead for my team, due to my experience in citi policies and overall customer service quality. I was ranked #1 (out of over 500 employees) for customer satisfaction, legal compliance, and sales. Up until I left I was still the only person to have ever achieved that trifecta. However, when Citi found they had someone able to produce so well, they refused any other kind of promotions to management. I was told this numerous times by upper management. I decided it was time to go to my true passion, the medical field. Specifically Nursing. I do miss my co-workers and still remain in touch with them. Quite a few are no longer there as well.
Excellent company to work for.
Executive Account Administrator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good environment, culture.
Very busy especially working along the stock market hours. Good place to enhance finance knowledge. Good management team and co-workers. Meeting everyday deadlines keeps you busy, enjoyed the challenge. After a good hard working week good times were enjoyed after hours with good friends.
Too Much Favoritism
Market Analyst 3 (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Working from Home
Cons: Too much favoritism
Tough place to work if you are not a "favorite" employee.
Promotions are given to people that are liked more than their qualifications.
Strong Company ,great work place
Team Lead for Compensatory Fee (Former Employee), Irving TXAugust 23, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: low compensation
Relax job, no micro management, go at your own pace environment. Learning and understanding the behind the scenes of upper management. Co workers, are all on edge about lay-offs and being treated like numbers. the hardest part of my job is being team lead because i have to try and make the agents understand difficult decisions that are made within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the independent task that keep me busy through out the day .
Branch Account Manager (Current Employee), oklahomaAugust 23, 2015
Citi is a wonderful place to work, if you are willing and able to re locate you will be able to advance. Management is out for themselves at times no matter the amount of money you have made the company.
great place for learning
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), ft mill scAugust 23, 2015
the culture was great for learning and the management team was knowledgeable. there were challenges in the opportunity for growth which means your growth was accomplished through hard work.
Productive workplace with flexibility to learn new things.
Management Control Assessment Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 23, 2015
Productive workplace with a very well articulated vision, and well defined goals and expectations. A place that allows a decent amount of freedom of expression and foster a culture in which quality comes first.
Internship
Management Development Program (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2015
Great company with a fun environment. Upper management wants you too succeed and is willing to help in your advancement.
Call center job
Escalations Specialist (Account Manager) (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Vacation time
Cons: Very difficult for advancement and lack of support when need to take time off
I appreciate all I have learned while at this company. I learned a lot about financing and how to budget my time. Company is not very supportive on job growth and enhancement, very difficult to apply for other departments
Good work environment but always busy.
NetBackup Analyst/Administrator (Current Employee), Warren, New JerseyAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good work/life balance.
Cons: huge environment, keeps you busy.
Since Citigroup is a global banking company, I have been able to obtain wide range of experience in backup/restore/storage environment.
Overall Citigroup is nice place to work but since they are relocating in TX, I have to look another workplace for bread and butter.
Very flexible work schedules
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 18, 2015
Very flexible work schedules. Lots of politics and red tape. Great benefits. A non-friendly environment. Not much room for advancements.
Headquarters