Citi
2,599 reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

Working with the various machines, meeting our daily quota and working together as a team.
Card Inssuance / Embosser / Machine Operator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: I never worked for a company that did so much for their employees. And their benefits are great.
Cons: Knowing that my job is moving to Atlanta, Georgia.
Citi is a great place to work. Unfortunately they have decide to outsource their work. So far this was my best job that I've had. I run an embossing machine which made the different credit cards.We had to get our own supplies and load and change the various supplies
in the machine as needed. We had quotas to meet. I work second shift and our shift works as a team. Helping our coworkers as needed.What ever it takes to get the orders finished in a timely manner with Great quality.The management team has created a very relaxed work environment. We all know the departments rules and we work together to make sure that they are followed. Most of us are cross trained in the various positions within our department. Embossing, insertion, hand stuffing, quality to the helping in the vault also. Working at Citi and Citi being so Diversified and the associates so willing to learn and work together, Our group was more like a family instead of co-works. Working together as a team to get our product to our customers is always our goal.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of team spirits.
Machine Operator II (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working for Citi. It was a productive operation. Citi was very diverse in its hiring culture. I would have liked to have continued my employment with Ciit had they not relocated and outsourced.
Citi cared about its employees
Collections Manager & HOSS (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Family atmosphere, excellent benefits, strong Leadership
Cons: They closed.
Citi was acquired by Santander Consumer, USA. This acquisition last for about 1.5 yrs. After which Santander decided to close the Auto division.

I had worked for Citi 11 yrs. at the time of the acquisition.

I have nothing but positive thoughts and memories at Citi. It functioned as expected being a Fortune 500 company. My co-workers were my family. We loved like family, we disagreed like family and then we loved again like family. I truly miss it!
It was a professional atmosphere with attention to detail paramount.
Account Specialist (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MissouriJuly 17, 2015
Pros: They presented a secure work environment.
Cons: They are outsourcing many jobs.
I always felt like my co-workers were family. Toward the end of my employment, management was trying harder to promote from 'within'. There was also a growing concern about how the employees felt.
Diverse company
Sr Default Processor (Filechase Team) (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJuly 17, 2015
While being employed at Citi, I was able to inherit different skills in different areas of the business. Citi offered many ways of celebrating their employees.
Great place to work with a strong employee benefit focus
Sears Collections Representative (Current Employee), Florence, KYJuly 16, 2015
My time at Citibank has been a long one with a lot of growth in the finance and banking world for my own personal benefit. A lot of great management and opportunity for growth as an employee in your personal life and in your career. A very diverse culture of employees, I have worked with a lot of people directly from all over the world, and have learned many things about different types of people.
Productive and fun workplace
KYC Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and great location. Also learning more about the refresh side of AML as opposed to On-boarding
good place
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 15, 2015
Pros: trustworthy place to work
Cons: up the salary
A relaxing, stress-free atmosphere. Employees were friendly and polite. Found difficulty parking! The hours were stressful
Doesn't add up
employed (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 15, 2015
Cons: pay, health care, job hours
This company just doesn't add up to the hype. Once upon a time Citi was a well respected company that treated employees fairly, paid them well but that's in the past. The company is run by emotional people. It's unstable, the pay and benefits are horrid. If you have a family, forget about having hours that will allow you to actually be a family....

This is a good place to work to gain experince but not a great company to make a career out of. Get in, Get out.
Could be a great if they Trained the Managers to be Managers
AML Investigator (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great job opportunities
Cons: pay is low and management for Banamex is horrible
Great company but Management is awful, they think by having meetings all day about nothing...! literally nothing that helps.
there is no real training, and when you ask they hand you a manual or have you do side by side with very busy co-workers who are already stressed. Management does not take any responsibility and are so worried about their own non production that they do not think about proper training and organization to make this company grow and prosper. Managers are very unprofessional.
Heartless Managment
Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were friendly
Cons: Low pay & low pay raises
They don't care about you as an individual. They were not really knowledgeable of the industry. The management was very rude and mean.
productive and fun work place
UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 14, 2015
 Working and suporting the environment which consists of 550+ Linux, Solaris and AIX servers.
 Installing, configuring and maintaining IBM, SUN, HP and DELL servers running on various operating systems
 Member of AIX build engineer team to build and maintain AIX 5.3/6.1 OS.
 Created and configured VIO servers and LPARS on pSeries hardware.
 Installation and building of NIM setup from scratch. Configuring NIM master, source and SPOT.
 Configured CIO on AIX oracle database filesystems.
Very stressful
PERSONAL LOAN OFFICER (Former Employee), Maysville, KYJuly 13, 2015
If you like bullying people and hounding them to take a loan out then this position is a great place to work. Great benefit.
Great Place to work while in college with great benefits
Service Associate (Current Employee), Florence, KYJuly 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedules are hard to change
What I learned while working here, every department is ran different and what works in one department doesn't in another. The schedule you pick when you are hired, will stay with you for years, so choose wisely. Hardest part of your job is keeping up with all the changes. Everyday procedures are set to change any minute. Always keep up with them. Moving up in the company depends on your scorecard, your yearly review, and your manager. Any manager you have can hold you back from moving up with this company or pursuing opportunities to move within this company. The best part of the company is the benefits.
Okay place to work with great benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 11, 2015
My typical day would include dealing with angry and happy customers. It would also include team meeting with my coworkers to share best practices. The hardest part was dealing with upset people. The most enjoyable part was meeting new coworkers and speaking with different people.
Great Benefits and pay
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: Company cares more about money then they employees or customers
Great Benefits and pay. Just my personal thought that upper management would rather look good on paper then really be very good to their people. Lack of training, unrealistic expectations. You feel like you are just a number that may be fired at any moment. Over all feeling of management staff and upper management they do not care about or for employees or customers. They drive success through fear, not thorough loyalty. Good benefits, and pay, many different opportunities.
Great benefits and compensation,but horrible management
Default Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 11, 2015
management changes daily....5 ceo's in 3 years, lay offs in waves, constant policy changes, all bonuses have been cut...no advancement
Family oriented and a great place to work
Loss Mitigation Loan Underwriter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, time off and sick time, cafeteria on site
There was a sense of home. I had worked there so long, that we were all extended family (we had fun, laughed and cried through everything business and personal).
Document Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Long hours
Worked closely with under writers to help modify mortgages

What I learned is how to work a variety of projects to stay in compliance with CitiFinancial's regulations.

The hardest part of the job is not able to help each and every customer

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers
after many years of a great experience ended abruptly while on fmla dealing with personal medical issues was released-SLAP IN THE FACE sadly
CCU Sr Specialist (Former Employee), Gray, TNJuly 10, 2015
Pros: the citi "family" and friends I still have even now, Benefits of insurances offered and paid benefits like vacation, sick days, employee outreach programs
Cons: back stabbing management, shift, limited flexible scheduling
leaving work crying everyday from phone abuse from customers is NOT a typical day and after begging for over a year for a relocate management turned me down which would drive anyone further into the ground. A "good manager" would recognize their very long time employee needed some different job duties to not be burned out and driven into the ground. Sure didn't expect to loose my job I planned to retire from a life's rewarding job. I and had a great 20 out of 23 years there for the most part. Loved having many fulfilling opportunities that I did have like training, customer service and collections, fraud detection, specialty training, boarding new clients all the way to decommissioning old systems to new improved systems, compliance and banking auditor and always took pride in helping others

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more

Citi Salaries