Citi Employee Reviews

Classic big company
Senior Vice President, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
Good overall place to work though it requires you to navigate a big company. The compensation is at the industry average and there is career movement possible but you have to be savvy about it.
Fraud Ops.
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2017
Typical day in Fraud Ops. involves taking inbound and making outbound calls on customers accounts with suspicious activity. Calls flow can being very busy at times and some calls can be stressful because customers can be VERY condescending. This position involves using instinct, being quick, and being thick skinned. I feel that for the most part management cares about the employees. Voluntary VTO/OT often. Lots of reward and recognition for meeting goals, etc. Resume building projects resulting in off phone time for high-performing agents. On-site cafe, gym, daycare, bank, post office/UPS/printing center on a huge campus. Great benefits which make up for any lack in compensation. Job security seems a little iffy based off layoff's I've seen in the Mortgage dept. 10 hour shifts available -- extra night and weekend pay. Overall, a nice place to work and Fraud Ops. is a good place to start.
Pros
Benefits, Site Amenities, Progressive Leadership
Cons
Job security, Location
fun place with focus on overseas banking
Personal Banker for Overseas Employees-PBOE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2017
We received incentives to produce financial products.
Many things changed when management changed ultimately eliminating the International department.
Pros
accomodated my schedule to work and study
Cons
a lot pressure to produce
nice job
leads get fed to you
has health care 401k and other benefits
i enjoyed my stay
Overall good
Securities Rep. Processing-Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Easton, OHDecember 7, 2017
very quick paced. I learned a lot being there as a fund accountant. being able to make decision and rely on your superior to help you in the daily valuation of the funds
Fast paced work environment
Middle office analyst (Former Employee) –  BelfastDecember 7, 2017
Working in Middle office is a very fast paced, high volume and stressful environment with long working hours. However, I enjoyed my time at Citi as I learnt a lot everyday and although the hours were long, the days were quick as we were always busy. The hardest part of the job was that there is almost no work experience to prepare you for the role. It is 100% learn on the job. For this reason as well as the long hours, there was a high turnover rate with employees. However, the challenge of this made the role exciting. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.The team I worked in was great and a lot of fun which made coming into the office enjoyable.
CitiMortgage
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 7, 2017
I only worked here for one year before they closed their doors and moved out of the city. I would not work here again for that reason.

It was a typical 8-5 work day.
Pros
Na
Cons
Closure
Stressful
Vice President Global Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2017
At Citi it's not what you know, it's who you know that will advance your career. I experienced first hand this situation. If senior management likes you, then you will be more likely to obtain promotions and better pay.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Low pay to employees who stay with the company for many years.
My Experience
Vice President, Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
Citi Bank is a wonderful named company. When I joined initially I had a wonderful yet very stressed out manger in which I couldn't understand the stress until the goals grew to be attainable for myself but not the region in general. This created a very harsh and non commutative work environment.
great company to work for.
Sr. Compliance and Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Century City, CADecember 7, 2017
I had a really good experience at Citi and would love to be part of the company in case of opportunity. it was a contract job but the management was really easy to work with.
Pros
great management
Cons
was just a contract
Awesome
customer service / collections (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2017
Cities is where I started my customer service career at they gave me great tools and guidance to be able to grow my skills also great schedule and management as well
Good but not great
RISK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  TampaDecember 7, 2017
Citi as a company is ok nothing great about the work culture or pay, its a standard job with standard benefits but expectations are very high compared to pay.
Overall good place to work
Director of Data & Infrastructure Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Overall it's a fair place to work. Many of the typical challenges you'd see in any large organization but management is focused and intelligent. Compensation is competitive but sometimes hours are long.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Lots of regulartory scrutiny
This is a strict enviroment to work in
Executive Assistant to Area Director (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CADecember 7, 2017
I learned some new skills at this company. I am grateful for that. Most of the people I worked with are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There is good opportunity to advance within this company.
Pros
Learing new skills
Cons
Some managers are unrealistic
Stressful and Competitive Environment
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJDecember 6, 2017
The management is not very competent. Various organizations do not collaborate. It is difficult to get information from outside your organization. Also there is scope of improvement in the area of communication between various organizations
Too many laid offs
Compliance Analyst AML Investigations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Too many laid offs. Management is okay to work with. Just do not cross their bad side. It is hard to get move up within the work place. You work hard and sometimes it get overlooked. Offers a lot of OT which is a great thing for some.
Productive and fun place
App Dev Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
It is a great place to work and alot of opportunity to learn new technologies.
Sometimes the place is intense with alot of demands but there is alot of knowledge sharing and willingness on part of people to explain the technologies and allowing for code reuse.
Not very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 6, 2017
When I worked their the people hired were not really professional. It had the classic call center environment. Management is ok. I would work their again, but I didnt like my pay
Depends on department
Citi-Sweep Processor (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 6, 2017
Certain departments were very cliquish and were not friendly. The last department I worked in was very fair and more relaxed and I felt comfortable asking questions.
call center
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
I was in the call center for online banking when it first was being setup at Citibank. A very professional atmosphere, I learned how to walk customers through setting up there online accounts.
Pros
learning atmosphere
Cons
travel distance from where I lived

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.