Citi
2,411 reviews

Citi United States Employee Reviews

Good place to work for Balancing home and work life.
VP Telecom Operations (Former Employee), NYC and Warren, NJApril 15, 2015
Citi is a good employer for balancing home life and work. They allow employees to work remotely. I enjoyed 21 years of employment with Citi.
Very large organization
Regional Sales Director, Fixed Income (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Interesting place to work, hard to navigate made up of several silos. Needs to streamlined; I've worked at many other large companies, but they were easier to navigate and get what you want done quickly.
Plenty of opportunity to advance if desired
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 14, 2015
Citi is a great company to join when looking for a long-term career. They do tend to increase workload to an amount greater then one person can effectively manage with little compensation for a job well done.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), GreenwichApril 14, 2015
Pros: Amazing environment
Cons: Slow days
I enjoyed working at Citi because of the environment. The Employees in the department attitude towards me was positive i felt like i was a part of the team. My supervisor took me out to lunch along with another employee in the department. I learn how to be patient. Sometimes my supervisor have no work for me to do. So i have to wait awhile then few minutes later she would send me an email saying that she needs my assistance.
Furthermore, i learn how to be courageous. Even though i was a high school student with a bit of a shyness, i had to ask employees in the department if they needed my assistance. In business i also learn that you have to go out of your comfort Zone to reach high levels in the corporate world. The hardest part of my job was not being busy all the time. Majority of the time the workplace is very slow, which i do not like. The most enjoyable part is working along side respectable people of all ages and race, with little to no bad energy in the workplace.
Just an intern...
Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 13, 2015
Good opportunity to assist with a project but since it was just a summer project, I can only provide limited information.
PFG LATAM Project
UAT Testing Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers
Cons: Temporary position
Review analyzing and reviewing (EFT, Cash, MI) transaction information using BRD, FRDs and SQL. I had the opportunity to apply my previous knowledge and learn more about Citi systems.
Productive Work Enviroment
Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: Easy Commute, Paid Training
Cons: Job Stability
Very fast paced and dynamic work place complete with all the perks of Wall Street complete with gym and day care.

Analyst training program was very hands on with a great interest in learning.
Great place
Corpoate receptionist (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJApril 11, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: none
This job was such a pleasue to work for. Had the best managers and co-workers. Made so many great relationships with customers, dealers and other employees.
presently employed extremely high turnover rate
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOApril 9, 2015
Pros: Diversity, Vision Care
Cons: management, high stress
In my time with Citi I've seen numerous lay-off's its scary. The C in Citi is known for Change. It does have it's ups and downs. In today's economy one is just lucky to have a job.
You have a choice of work schedule because they are flexible
Transaction Service Representative I (Former Employee), Getzville, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: events throughout the year, summer events, i.e ice cream socials, can jam
Cons: salary, healthcare
If you are in school they really are flexible in working with your schedule. They also encourage team building and communication
One of the largest employers in finance that offer good training and solid benefits.
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Job Stability
A fast paced environment with multiple duties to perform at once. I learned to be ultra organized to keep on top of the work and to say, "no" when at full capacity. I encountered a lot of politics with upper management (from the east coast), were unfriendly and untruthful with west coast employees. The majority of my colleagues were team players and a pleasure to work along side. I loved interacting with the hiring managers and sourcing diverse candidates pools.
Great people productive environment
Business Analyst - CitiDirect Technology Team (Former Employee), new yorkApril 8, 2015
Business Analyst - CitiDirect Technology Team
High energy High profile production support,
advancement and support staff and executive team
Great people productive environment
Citigroup was a flexible company that allowed you to work remotely
Program Manager - (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2015
There was not much upward mobility at Citi. I was able to work remotely which allows me to have a great work life balance. Most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to work with so many different entities and are exposed to different folks and ideas.
Stressful work environment at times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: work environment
A typical day would consist of handling 50-200 inbound calls per day assisting clients with mortgage hardships.
The management was not consistent with the rules and guidelines.
Lack of communication between management and employees.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the phone calls of angry customers and not being about to help them with their problems all the time.
Work environment was stressful at time and the moral of the company had really declined.
See below
District Manager (Current Employee), Cranston, RIApril 8, 2015
Pros: good health care/401k/flexibility with time.
Cons: constant changes to policies and procedures.
Sales, meetings, employee coaching and development, reporting, credit decisions, underwriting, closings, collections, and servicing. Most enjoyable part of the job- multi tasking with numerous projects daily.
Least enjoyable- disciplinary action towards any employee.
What I have learned is to communicate extremely effectively by having to interact with various personalities/management and individually adapting.
Good Place to Work
Vice President/Business Training Manager (Former Employee), LasColinas, TexasApril 8, 2015
Gained a wealth of knowledge and experience. Good work life balance. As with any company there is always room for improvement in the culture.
Retail Branch
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Flexible work hours, opportunities for growth
Cons: Short Breaks, High Staff Turnover, Small branch
Clientele consisted of individuals within the local area who were interested to obtain secured / unsecured loans. Branch consisted of Branch Manager, Asst. Site Manager, and branch executives. Branch goals are driven by sales quotas.
great place.
Commercial Collections / Unit Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: site closed
fast paced. rewarded for hard work with awards and prizes. flexible schedules time off and overall good place for advancement.
the location is closed as stated before
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), McLeansville, NCApril 7, 2015
the site closed. lack of growth potential as previously stated and the driving distance was too great for all that time.
Interesting analytical work and enjoyable place to work.
Anti Money Laundering Ops Sr. Analyst/EWR L2 Maker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, management, interesting work
Cons: hourly having to watch my time strictly, less flexibility.
A typical day at work is analyzing cases and writing comprehensive reviews on negative news and senior public figure status. What makes Citi a great place to work is the coworkers are friendly and very helpful. My manager is a good coach and mentor. The hardest part about the job is always running into new and unique situations and how to go about handling it.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more

Citi Salaries