Citi
2,347 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Ops Fraud Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: spirit points for things done well, campus is very involved in volunteer work
Cons: short breaks, manual time cards
I have been working here almost 2 years and find it very enjoyable. My supervisor is always willing to help me with any task and to advance within the company. The work environment is comfortable and enviting making every day at work a pleasant one.
Wonderful place to work with great people!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: helpful managers, great learning opportunities, in-company job options
Cons: not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Citimortgage is a great place to work. The management really listens to you, and changes are made all the time for the employees' benefit.

There is a lot of information required to work here, and you do have to learn a lot about mortgages and banking. Within customer service, we were expected to know basically everything about any kind of mortgage. But that's half the fun! If you don't want to learn, do not apply here.

The opportunities provided by citi are great, so definitely look into it!
Very progressive and inovated enviroment.
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOMarch 13, 2015
Pros: worked from home program
Cons: lack of personal traing on system uodates
Worked with loans that investors owned and CITI serviced,
Reporting on a monthly, day by day collections,
building great relationships with team, other CITI departments, especially with my investors.
good place to work
VP - Co-Team Lead/AML Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work/life
Cons: career advancement
citi is a good place to work. work/life balance is good. co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable. working environment is good. enjoy working there
Great benefits and work life balance
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no room to advance
I have worked from home for 11 months now and I love it! The money saved on gas and eating out is great. Its also convienent to be able to save a lot of sick time when school is closed or my child is sick simply because I don't have to leave work. The benefits are far better than a lot of other companies. The downside is there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement. Since we do not report to a physical site its, I am stuck in this position until either I leave or the job is discontinued. Management changed abruptly at the end of January and it really left a sour taste and a lot of distrust of upper management.
Good company that is too large and complex to avoid resizing
Managing Director, Citi Shared Services (Former Employee), Mexico CityMarch 11, 2015
Pros: salary, overall compensation and benefits, global exposure
Cons: constant right sizing, strategy confusion, lack of accountability
Huge firm where every day is full of new businesses being acquired and on the other hand spinning off non core activities and companies.
I learned almost everything on the book, from routine admin routine work to building huge operations sites across the globe.
Management is at a low point given the time it takes to get a grasp of the immense operations.
Citi grew mostly by buying company after company, there is not yet a true Citi culture, but a mix of many.
The hardest part of the job is to understand the direction for the future and aligning quickly all efforts towards that.
Its hard to find a more global bank which makes interaction, ideas, experiences, and even complexity a very enjoyable challenge every day.
Team Lead/Application Owner (Current Employee), IRVINGMarch 10, 2015
I have had a great experience working with TCS-CITI. I m currently working for TCS as a contractor for CITI.
My work includes gathering the requirements from Client for any CARDS Offer Initiative.

The functionality that we have developed drives the whole CARDS customer experience in CBOL(Citi Bank Online).
Nice culture and good family work balance
Vice President(Technology) (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: management is very suppoertiv
Cons: medical insurance not very good
I enjoyed working with Citi as Consultants and VP Technology.Great and very Technical savvy people.Very friendly environment and management has always very supportive in achieving goal
Fun place grea company
Facilities Generalist, Facilities Department (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches most holidays off.
Cons: not any
Citi great place to work I learned to repair fax machines, and copiers my co-workers were great always supportive to work getting the job complete the holidays seasons were outstanding.
Productive and demanding
Transaction Svs Rep 3/ operations (Current Employee), getzville, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: enjoyable team to work with
A typical day at work for me is working with operations for a specific countries, including Latin American countries. I learned and acquired the experience in the Operations environemnt and I was able to fully utilized both languages to the max, verbally and written. My manager was very flexible throughout my one year working here by helping me to expand my knowledge and allowing to participate in multiple projects. There was nothing hard, just a lot of work and demand for work even on American holidays.
The enjoyable part for me was speaking and writing in Spanish as the job demanded for such.
Highly Poltiical
Vice-President - Emerging Payments (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Offers good work/life balance but everyone is for themselves...not very helpful to advance career. Didn't get support and always worried about people stabbing you in the back to advance themselves.
Great Company
Retention associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: citi culture
Cons: large campus
Benefits start the day you start. On site gym, daycare, cafe, starbucks. Vacation and unplanned time, 401k benefits and many chances to move up the ladder.
Auto Finacial Collecter (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 9, 2015
Citi was a great place to work, training for any position was ongoing and frequent, management was receptive to suggestions, and supportive. the physical plant was clean and condusive to productivity. Among the numerous employee benefits were frequent town halls to inform employees of department and company status and future plans. Staff was friendly, I even met my wife there. If Citi had not sold its Auto Financial division I might still be there
Challening environment from a resources perspective
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
A difficult environment due to internal structure. The economic climate and external view toward financial institutions are factors as well.
Customer Service
Mortgage Loan Processor Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOMarch 9, 2015
A typical day began with me pulling the previous day numbers and forwarding to upper management for their morning meetings. I learned how to read appraisals, title reports, and credit reports. The best part of the job was receiving a call or letter acknowledging the great customer service they received from CitiMortgage's representatives.
On the right path
Senior Vice President (Current Employee), New York, New YorkMarch 9, 2015
Citigroup is still going through a transformation after the financial crisis. There have been many positive changes and there is good leadership in place.
Collections
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
assist customers with making monthly payments, very easy going, gym, café, different depts. to choose from, great management
Banking Industry
Quality Control Specialist 2 / Clerk 2 (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: i work with great people, set work hours and great benifits.
Cons: the banking industry is unstable.
On a typical day, I make decisions that affect all my fellow co-workers. I enjoy helping the customer by doing a good job the first time.
PRODUCTIVE
AML, KYC CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2015
The times i have worked for the company overall i cant complain was compensated well and full of tools to make job easier to complete .
Work enviroment and Life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: working business hours is a plus
Cons: outlook is negative
Interacting with clients addressing and helping their financial needs is plus.

Due to the constant technology innovation the outlook for a banker in coming years is diminishing.

Compentsation therefore gets a negative outlook.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more

Citi Salaries