Citi Employee Reviews

Found 6,683 reviews matching the search
A productive, friendly, fun, and hard working
Default Processor III (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day is a lot of multi tasking on a high volume caseload. This included interacting with outside vendors, third party agents, government agencies, and in house management. I would have to audit the monies spent from beginning of the process to the end to determine if any funds could be recovered or if funds needed to be refunded. If funds could be recovered it was my responsibility to try to recover the funds and follow-up on receiving. I would also have to track by excel the funds received, funds paid, and total loss/gain. Which included the processing of checks to be paid and the receipt of payments on the company's application . Part of this process was to determine how the error occurred and report to management. At all times I had to adhere to Citi's policy and procedures plus different government agencies policy and procedures.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible hours, excellent management, excellent team
Sad to leave but had to do it
Lead Analyst, VP - Risk Based Capital (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Met a lot of good people and really enjoyed working with them all during my tenure at Citi. Unfortunately jobs were moving upstate and we were running short on work/life balance which is what drove me at the time to look for employment elsewhere.
I love driving it gives me a peace of mind
Picker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Driving from point A to point B delivering loaded and empty trailers, from company to company. I like the fact that your always busy.
Complications
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Citibank is not easy to handle. It always was a hectic day at work.Long shifts and lot of mental pressure. The hardest part about the job is that it needs your attention for 9 hours a day without any distractions. Also dealing with people who were so impatient. However it was enjoyable for some part i.e interacting with some really fascinating people. The workplace culture was super great. Full of different kinds of races and getting to know them by conversing was one of the best parts.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k
Cons
Long shifts, aggressive customers
Enjoyable and progressive work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Enjoyable and progressive work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the monthly team meetings where we gathered to discuss how to trouble shoot problematic issues
very quiet work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2017
citi bank is a great place to work very peaceful environment . very good benifits nice place to work . citi bank is a very sercure place very easy job
Workplace with various opportunities
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2017
- Management and people are great
- As long as you do your share of the work you won't have any issues
- Many areas of learning and development
- Manage your time and prioritize
Pros
Collaborative, High
good company
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2017
printed, inserted and mailed bank and credit card statements. Also added a check deposit processing center. Good place with good benefits. Unfortunately they outsourced the production and relocated processing to Missouri
Large Company, Tough Culture
Analyst, Global Banking Finance & Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Great experience working here. DEpends on where you get placed in the larger analyst program. I would recommend knowing where you end up rather than just buying into a larger program as I did.
Temp Service
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 18, 2017
They were very friendly and ready to place you in a position. Went out of their way to make sure I got my check when it got lost in the mail.
Workplace
Central Site Ops Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Citibank was a great place to work. I have worked there for 28 years. We were more than just coworkers. We were more like family.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
night shift
The job was overly demanding
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCFebruary 17, 2017
It started as typical customer service/sales. I was happy the first three years. Management was not the best. I left when the company closed and laid everyone off.
a productive atmosphere, very motivated
Bank At Work Specialist / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Wonderful experience started from the root of the business, a teller to a receptionist to an assistant to the investment team to an assistant to the largest salesperson in life Insurance to a bank at work personal worker.
I loved working for a bank I was able to grow and every time I was promoted I was compensated and rewarded. It didn't take too long for you to grow and move on to something new and be able to grow. It just took your hard work and passion.
Pros
great benefit, healthcare, great team
Cons
job discontinue
Bank Regulatory Reporting
Financial Reporting Senior Lead Analyst, SVP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
* More than ten years of progressive regulatory reporting and accounting experience with strong track-record of top performance in banking industry
* Excellent work relationship with senior management, business controllers, internal/external auditors as well as regulators
The pay is the only thing that made it worthwhile
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Poor management skills, very bad communication. The pay was great which is what made it all worth while, there is room for growth, however training lasts a very long time and being full-time there is no room for social life.
Contract Consultant
Facilitation Consultant / Contract - ECI (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 16, 2017
I worked with this group as a contract consultant. Great team to work with very energetic and engaging. As a consultant they treated you like a team player
Great company to work for
VP, Costco Content and Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
The CEO of the company wants to model the work environment after Google, therefore slowly Citi is becoming a very pleasant atmosphere to be in. New floors are being remodeled with open concepts, remote work is available in some departments and there is ton of room for advancement.
First experience in customer service
Customer Service / Accounting (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 16, 2017
This was my first opportunity to gain customer service and accounting experience. I really grew in the position and found that I liked working with people.
Will let you know
Cognos Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
That’s an interesting question. I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Opportunity to advance and Good benefits
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Productive Workplace with "family" atmosphere and general acknowledgement of efforts and skills of employees.
Lots of opportunity to grow and find other opportunities during restructure.
Pros
Recognition of a job well done
Cons
Constant resturcture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

80%