Citi Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,001 reviews matching the search
Fun Place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 21, 2016
I started working at Sears while I was still attending High School. Therefore, most of my co-workers where about my age. It was my first job, I learned a lot from it. Also, it was a fun environment for me to work at because I a made a lot of friends. I was a fast learner. I was able to get experience in communication and handling with cash. I learned how to manage my time, I was always on time.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work Hours
Nice place to work if you enjoy collections
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 21, 2016
You take calls collecting from past due accounts. Some calls are enjoyable and some calls are not! You have good training but the training does not apply for all of the information on every type of call. Citi does provide a pretty good working atmosphere!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Not enough support
High delivery job with good team
Senior App Developer & Architect (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJuly 21, 2016
High delivery job with good team. Ready to adapt to new technologies and delivery in a fast pace manner.
Great company to work with opportunity to advance.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
Great company to work with opportunity to advance. The environment is fast paced. You need to be able to turn around deliverables quickly.
Fun place to work
sales, third party transactions, etc (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 20, 2016
Fun place to work but job advancement is not easy. The job can be very boring. My coworkers are very nice and easy to work with.
Compliance
Assitant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 20, 2016
Good mobility - but its a big company so you can get lost in the shuffle.

You have tor eally work hard for promotions - they try to cut costs at any time. Try to take advantage of benefits like college tuition reimbursement; movement to new states and countries, the many different job opportunities.
High turn around and didn't care about their employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCJuly 20, 2016
I was so stressed at this job the one thing it taught me was never to have another call center job selling products because that is not who I am. I can not force people to by things and the first no was good enough for me but they wanted 3 no's. That to me was being pushy and rude. My supervisor was amazing he believed in and helped me in anyway he could. My coworkers were amazing we had some wonderful times together. I miss them not the job
Cons
not enough bathroom breaks, and 10 hour shifts were very hard.
great place hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 19, 2016
difficult if you cant handle daily stress or make friends easily. lots of room for upward mobility if you care for it.
Good benefits
Document Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2016
It has been some time since I have worked with Citi and when I worked in Auto department, I can say it was great. Good life work balance, managers and co-workers. Then Citi sold it to Santander, and once that happened I left the company
benefits
Cons
layoffs
Identity Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work consists of assisting the customer with their financial needs. I've learned more about the Fraud aspect and continue to grow in the customer service field.
Great company that offer abundant development opportunities!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  TampaJuly 18, 2016
Citi is a great company to work for. It allow you the opportunity to develop your skills and grow with the company. I have worked for the company and I have gained a lot of valuable experience. Another awesome aspect of Citi is its willingness and commitment to providing their employees with a health Work Life Balance.
Rewarding
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed being able to help my clients daily with their loans. Citi gave the opportunity to advance & also to make enough money to only focus on being Successful. Although it was stressful at time, I would go back tomorrow.
Excellent working place
STUDENT LOAN OFFICER 3 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at Citi taking incoming calls talk to customers with different situation laugh about it.
Liasing with clients via phone or email
what you learned - how to navigate a project..
I get the rare opportunity of changing not only the way we operate as a business from an operations "process" perspective, but I also get the opportunity to strategically change the behavior of the operations support teams as well. This changes all with the interest of the client experience in mind.

In an environment where the process is global in nature and complexity, with low personnel staff morale, the implementation of such a drastic change can make for a challening task. It is the objective for targeting improved client satisfication, through an operations functional transformation, that drives my committment to the success of the program.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
n/a
Professional staff, great learning environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 18, 2016
the days were usually fast paced with many transactions happening at once. We worked in a larger office which helped me to learn many facets of the finance business, I was fortunate enough to work with great management and co workers.
It's whatever
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Florence, KY 41042July 17, 2016
i work there during college, good balance, just too many managers with different viewpoints. you get paid nothing and you have to do three different jobs. You do not get any extra paid holidays, because the company is cheap.
Pros
very good customer service training
Cons
you never get anywhere
Very cliquely, based on who you know for advancement
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 17, 2016
I was completing my total daily task in 2 hours time with no errors; yet a full-time job so spent many hours in the mail room for Citi as that was only place they could find work for me for rest of day.
Pros
Very good groups to work with.
Cons
Not challenged enough, prefer to keep learning
Citibank was undergoing major upheaval at my time of employment.
SAS Programmer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2016
Spent most of my day SAS coding on legacy IBM zOS MVS/JCL. Co-workers morale was good, given that CITI was shedding 50,000 jobs. Not unusual to find an employee celebrating their 30th anniversary with Citi. Learned how to code on a main frame, how to analyze FICO segments, how to create contingency funding reports.
Management was under a lot of stress due to Financial crisis.
Pros
Building was located in downtown Baltimore, good location.
Cons
Bad timing for financial industry.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2016
Overall the Citi Corporation is a good company to work for, they take care of their employees very well with benefits. Management can be all over the place, some managers are very strict with things and others are just very relaxed. Your typical work day depends on which department you're in.
Excellent Company to work for
Vice-President Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2016
From culture through Executive leadership and compensation the company is best in class. Benefits are top in industry, Training is competitive in banking, and career growth possibilities are almost boundless.
Productive and fun workplace
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 16, 2016
Citi, is a good company to work for and there is money to be made if you want it, it was all up to you. Citi valued there employee's very much so.