Citi

2.6K reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

Document Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Long hours
Worked closely with under writers to help modify mortgages

What I learned is how to work a variety of projects to stay in compliance with CitiFinancial's regulations.

The hardest part of the job is not able to help each and every customer

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers
after many years of a great experience ended abruptly while on fmla dealing with personal medical issues was released-SLAP IN THE FACE sadly
CCU Sr Specialist (Former Employee), Gray, TNJuly 10, 2015
Pros: the citi "family" and friends I still have even now, Benefits of insurances offered and paid benefits like vacation, sick days, employee outreach programs
Cons: back stabbing management, shift, limited flexible scheduling
leaving work crying everyday from phone abuse from customers is NOT a typical day and after begging for over a year for a relocate management turned me down which would drive anyone further into the ground. A "good manager" would recognize their very long time employee needed some different job duties to not be burned out and driven into the ground. Sure didn't expect to loose my job I planned to retire from a life's rewarding job. I and had a great 20 out of 23 years there for the most part. Loved having many fulfilling opportunities that I did have like training, customer service and collections, fraud detection, specialty training, boarding new clients all the way to decommissioning old systems to new improved systems, compliance and banking auditor and always took pride in helping others
happy
Machine Operator/Embosser (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2015
Pros: culture oranted
Cons: n/a
productive and save place to work. wonderful compensation and benefits.. it wasn't the best job security because just after two years of open the job was located to Atlanta.
Productive and fun workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee), irvingJuly 9, 2015
Good and enjoyable part of the job to work at this location.
and Management is very much cooperative with the jobholders.
great company
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2015
best place to work... great leadership, lovely pay,, paid weekly. great team players great hours .... great training.. great fellowship
Respected workplace
Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Seasonal free gifts and soveniers
Cons: High cost for insurance
Review all AML cases and file reports. Creating and designing of reports. good and supportive managers and co-workers Stressful but challenging
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Council BLuffs, IAJuly 7, 2015
Great opportunity to learn about the financial field and make a good living. Great management and room for growth. Great opportunity for those who enjoy the financial field and have the ambition to grow their skills.
Productive Place to work
FX Product Control Analyst (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 7, 2015
I learned a lot about the stock market, analysis and how to do reconciliation's. My co workers were very friendly people. I also feel like it was really easy to move up in this company.
Citigroup Inc. is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation. As Salesforce Administrator/Business analyst was involved in
Salesforce Admin/Business Analyst (Former Employee), new york ,NyJuly 6, 2015
Responsibilities:
 Consulted with Client to define business requirements for implementing Salesforce Sales cloud and delivered it to sales and manufacture planning team.
 Worked with sales team to streamline Opportunity management and activity reporting.
 Led development team in building automated backup functionality for Salesforce data and file attachments.
 Worked with standard salesforce.com standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, and Campaigns etc.
 Created page layouts, search layouts to organize fields, custom links, related lists, and other components on record pages.
 Designed and deployed Custom tabs, validation rules, Approval Processes and Auto-Response Rules for automating business logic.
 Implemented pick lists, dependent pick lists, lookups, master detail relationships, validation and formula fields to the custom objects.
 Test change management techniques in sandbox and recommendations before push to production.
 Resource for all service desk escalation questions regarding basic salesforce usability features.
 Assist in salesforce role and profile hierarchy changes and ongoing maintenance, governance documentation, security creation measures to ensure client data security and integrity
 Administer salesforce.com automation setup, which involves, modifying roles and profiles, creating/modifying dashboards/reports and managing users.
 Performed tasks for data migration like Data mapping and Data loading.
 Configured various Custom Reports and Report Folders for different user profiles based on the need in the organization.
 Processed the Test Cases and Involved in Testing Life Cycle
Great place to work!
Vice President, Quality Control Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 5, 2015
Citi is a great company to work and there's a lot of talented individuals. I really enjoy the the opportunity to work from home.
Great Company to work for,excellent benefits
Thank You Rewards Representative (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 3, 2015
A typical work day begins by me logging in to my computer, reviewing my emails, log in to my phone and get systems set up to take calls. I receive calls from clients who are calling to redeem their points and or review recent account activity and assist with the redemption of online rewards.
not the best experience ever.
Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: AML is a highly desireable field to get started in
Cons: you're made to feel like just a production number
the campus itself is really nice and the cafeteria is wonderful. there's a lot of cultural diversity but not much age diversity (walking down the halls feels almost more like a college campus than a corporate campus). everything about citi is on a very tight purse-string, so maybe there's some hidden agenda about not hiring older people (for instance, less chance of a workman's comp claim, etc)

overall, i've had a pretty rough experience at citi. i work in AML name screening, and the atmosphere is such that you really feel that management doesn't care about morale on the floor whatsoever.

AML is highly marketable, so maybe it's worth going into in the long run, but be forewarned... it has not been the best experience in comparison to working for other banks.
Winter Bash every year
Business Analyst/ accounts payable and receivable (Former Employee), ColumbusJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Occassional gifts
Cons: Some Manager' style
Busy, learn attention to detail,manage people,build team work with co-workers, No room for mistakes, brings the best in you
different types of activities available for family
Closing Team Lead (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long commute
i enjoy and get along with all of my co workers. I am in a very fast-paced environment where policies and procedures are always changing. The most enjoyable part of my job is the challenge of completing the tasks in a specified deadline, assisting the Closer's on my team with any difficulties they may encounter so we can all meet our goals.
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 1, 2015
provided a clear understanding of the tasks, responsibilities and competencies involved in the customer service management job.
Management support
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 29, 2015
Pros: Potlucks helped boost our morale with our team
Cons: N/A
Providing customer service to our cardholders, discuss options to bring credit card accounts up to date. Enjoyed working with my co-workers, my first manager was supportive and encouraging and always helped me meet my goals.
Great place to work but there are always room for improvement
Sr. Financial Analyst - AVP (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2015
I have worked with excellent people, one director who was a mentor and other managers who were very encouraging in my career path.

Great work/life balance at this company.

I had a striving learning experience in various aspects of my duties. Some include most efficient ways to perform tasks and others effective process improvement.
New experience
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 28, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no empathy from management
inbound call center for Sears. I learned different products that Sears offer. Management was not very helpful, my 2 yrs was very ill at that time, so I had to resign. I enjoyed working will different cultures . Hardest part of my job was not being able to work like I would have wanted to due to my child being ill all the time.
Productive and friendly enviorment
One Main Financial Collections Representative (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Company transitioningto another company
Citi is a great place to work. Very fast paced and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is getting almost every customer you speak with to make payments with you or set up arrangements after you have tried all resources such as hardship programs etc.
Not much room for company elevation
Processor Support (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good salary
Cons: No way of growth in the company
The work and training courses for this job are not hard but the job does require your full attention because you are handling very important and personal information. The environment is like any office setting job. You will work with motivated people and great customers.
Headquarters