Citi Employee Reviews

Stressful
Vice President Global Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2017
At Citi it's not what you know, it's who you know that will advance your career. I experienced first hand this situation. If senior management likes you, then you will be more likely to obtain promotions and better pay.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Low pay to employees who stay with the company for many years.
My Experience
Vice President, Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
Citi Bank is a wonderful named company. When I joined initially I had a wonderful yet very stressed out manger in which I couldn't understand the stress until the goals grew to be attainable for myself but not the region in general. This created a very harsh and non commutative work environment.
great company to work for.
Sr. Compliance and Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Century City, CADecember 7, 2017
I had a really good experience at Citi and would love to be part of the company in case of opportunity. it was a contract job but the management was really easy to work with.
Pros
great management
Cons
was just a contract
Awesome
customer service / collections (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2017
Cities is where I started my customer service career at they gave me great tools and guidance to be able to grow my skills also great schedule and management as well
Good but not great
RISK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  TampaDecember 7, 2017
Citi as a company is ok nothing great about the work culture or pay, its a standard job with standard benefits but expectations are very high compared to pay.
Overall good place to work
Director of Data & Infrastructure Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Overall it's a fair place to work. Many of the typical challenges you'd see in any large organization but management is focused and intelligent. Compensation is competitive but sometimes hours are long.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Lots of regulartory scrutiny
This is a strict enviroment to work in
Executive Assistant to Area Director (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CADecember 7, 2017
I learned some new skills at this company. I am grateful for that. Most of the people I worked with are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There is good opportunity to advance within this company.
Pros
Learing new skills
Cons
Some managers are unrealistic
Stressful and Competitive Environment
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJDecember 6, 2017
The management is not very competent. Various organizations do not collaborate. It is difficult to get information from outside your organization. Also there is scope of improvement in the area of communication between various organizations
Too many laid offs
Compliance Analyst AML Investigations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Too many laid offs. Management is okay to work with. Just do not cross their bad side. It is hard to get move up within the work place. You work hard and sometimes it get overlooked. Offers a lot of OT which is a great thing for some.
Productive and fun place
App Dev Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
It is a great place to work and alot of opportunity to learn new technologies.
Sometimes the place is intense with alot of demands but there is alot of knowledge sharing and willingness on part of people to explain the technologies and allowing for code reuse.

Want to know more about Citi?

Ask a question
Not very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 6, 2017
When I worked their the people hired were not really professional. It had the classic call center environment. Management is ok. I would work their again, but I didnt like my pay
Depends on department
Citi-Sweep Processor (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 6, 2017
Certain departments were very cliquish and were not friendly. The last department I worked in was very fair and more relaxed and I felt comfortable asking questions.
call center
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
I was in the call center for online banking when it first was being setup at Citibank. A very professional atmosphere, I learned how to walk customers through setting up there online accounts.
Pros
learning atmosphere
Cons
travel distance from where I lived
terrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 6, 2017
terrible work environment, lots of tension, not fully staffed, very poorly managed by corporate, communication is terrible, considered part time but work full time hours for part time pay.
Relaxed Sales Floor
Assistant Vice President / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2017
very relaxed sales floor, great management staff, great sales culture and everyone is treated like family, highly competitive, great inbound leads provided by marketing team
Pros
lunches, prizes, trips
Cons
bonus
Fun Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CADecember 5, 2017
At Citifinancial it was all about the customer. How to help all the customers to the same legal standards with their mortgage and personal accounts. I learned how to better understand customers when they are in a crises or need of assistance by stepping back and just listening to them. The office I worked was fun and energetic. The most enjoyable part of working with Citifinancial was the people I worked with.
Pros
Hours and co workers
Cons
Bonus/Commission
Great Place to work
AVP/ Infrastructure / Application Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2017
I had the pleasure to work with an amazing team. Dedicated, hard working. we managed to accomplish many critical project by collaboration and interaction cross business units.
Pros
Best place to work. felt like second family.
Cons
Job advancement in most cases requiered relocation.
Large Talent Pool, Dedicated Employees, Highly Challenging
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2017
You will get exposed to a plethora of talented colleagues and job functions which prepares you for any challenge you may face throughout your career. Advancement and mobility are a huge benefit.
Pros
Exposure to Global Operations, Servant Leaders, Great Benefits
Awful
Data Entry Retail Bank Day One (Former Employee) –  The Lakes, NVDecember 4, 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. I worked in data entry for ATMs and deposits. Everyone was written up at least once a week for having an "error". We could type 200,000 numbers in a day and if we got one wrong, we were written up.
Good company to work
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
This is a good company to work with. Good benefits. However, most technology jobs are moving away from NYC to TX or India which allow the company to cut cost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.