Citi
1,833 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

Productive but with little job work/ life balance
Branch Account Executive II (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good management
Cons: bad work/life balance
Overall Citi group is a great company that works with it's employees well and offers excellent training programs to keep us up to date on all of the operations of the company.
great benefits and a good place to work
Loss Mitigation Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 4, 2014
Citi is a good place to work that provides awesome benefits. I really learned a lot during my 3 years there. Sometimes the work can be stressful and there are many changes. I really enjoyed my job.
Always challenged
SVP / Chief of Staff & Global Head of Bus. Ops (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Every day is a new challenge and new opportunity to put points on the board. I enjoy the ability to contribute across multiple disciplines and extend beyond my sphere of influence.
excellent company to work for
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee), Gray, TNJuly 2, 2014
was able to advance in my Customer service skills to include handling escalation issue with accounts. very fullfilling
At the time I was at citi they were growing the portfolio i was in and nothing was set.
Manager, Collections (Former Employee), Irving TxJuly 2, 2014
Pros: people and benefits
Cons: new department
It was very frustrating working at citi in that particular department with nothing being set and when input was given no one acknowledged it.
Great Place To Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Citibank. I developed skills that I would not had developed otherwise.
Enjoyed mentoring, training staff, meeting face to face with clients.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: able to understand needs of clients and provide solutions.
Cons: upper mgmt. could tend to over micro-manage.
Enjoyed mentoring, training staff, meeting face to face with clients.
Nice company to work for. Very diverse and excellent benefits.
Loss Mitigation/Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonus structure, cafeteria
Cons: hours and distance
A typical day was a high pace environment with monthly goals and little to no micro managing.
Productive Office Building
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free coffee, tea, hot chocolate. cafeteria in building.
Cons: understaffed for work load
While the job can be hectic and stressful at times there is plenty of work to be had. The job keeps you busy and with the ever changing environment there is always something new to be learned for people looking to build a career or maybe pick something up so they can use it in a future career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of – more... helping people in hardships, maybe they lost a job or a family member and money is getting harder and harder to come by, when someone who is days within losing their home gets a second chance to stay in there house, nothing feels better. – less
Great Benefits, however, managers never answer their phone
Collection Expert (Current Employee), Gray, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits for same, good pay and wonderful coworkers
Cons: management not answering the phone
A typical day at work would be on the phone for 8.5 hours with an hr lunch and 2 15 minute breaks. The same routine on a daily basis and great coworkers. I learned more about computers and customer service with this job. Fast typing is a must so I also got better at my speed and accuracy. I loved getting to know new people and helping other people with – more... their problems. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job would be management, the only time they actually take care of things is if you stayed on them about it and most of the time in the event of not being able to make it to work no one answered the phone or got back to you in a timely manner. – less
love it
Project Manager, UAE (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJune 30, 2014
Pros: love it
Cons: love it
Constant executive turn over, strategy changes, and restructuring. Work environment seems to be do just what's needed.... and hope you're not on the next list to be dismissed due to restructuring.
pass
Buyer II (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 29, 2014
quality company, stressful work environment, must meet sales and loan quotas every month or get reprimanded for poor performance
Production very friendly. Great hours.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
Very good people to work with. Good hours. Benefits. Embossing is fun and exciting.
Each day is a learning experience
Loan Closer (Current Employee), Las Colinas, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: not enough over time
The people are fun to work with and I have learned to be able to adapt to change on a daily basis.
good working enviroment
Credit & Collection Specialist (Former Employee), coppell txJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
Great place to work yet the salaries are not competitive. would return as an employee with the right position and salary
Loved the people not the process
Credit Underwriter (Former Employee), The LakesJune 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management promotions were not based on knowledge rather than how much you were liked
Citi was an amazing place to work for. My co-workers where the best! I wish all managers had been as great as the last one I had. To my disadvantage they switched up teams way to much, as soon as you felt you were a "family" they were breaking you up; however that gave everyone an opportunity to get to know other people. The hardest part of the job – more... was dealing with the incompetence of sales and pressure to meet month ends demands. Best part of the job the pot lucks! Well if you were on a team who actually functioned as one. – less
No advancement, little to no bonuses or raises
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
I rarely ever see anyone promoted. The turnover rate is insane--3 people on my 5 person team in only 1 month, and that's been my experience over the last 3 years. Management pretends to be excited, but it's completely transparent and falls short of anything meaningful. Compensation is sub par, and they stretch resources to the limit. Multiple people – more... are filling two positions rather than them hiring more people. Can't wait to get out myself. – less
Global, diversified internation bank
Market Risk Director (Current Employee), 390 Greenwich St.June 24, 2014
• Manage the risk analysis to create market risk limits package and monitor the limits and triggers. Conduct Basel Capital and Risk Capital analysis based on stress testing. Develop business analytics, build clear and transparent risk framework describing what the major risks and risk limits are.
• Provide independent risk validation and reconciliation – more... with key risk, P&L and PAA – p&l attribution analysis. Conduct risk sensitivity and stress scenario analysis to produce daily CTI investment portfolio risk report with focus on Agency Mortgage Spec-Pools, TBAs, Conventional ARMs, CMBS and CMOs. Provide risk variance analysis by looking into key risk profile of interest rates, OAS spread, prepayment rate, convexity and volatility risk sensitivities.
• Work with business, control groups and technology to remedy control weaknesses in risk management to ensure compliance with risk policies, regulatory requests and risk reporting & analysis. Participate and coordinate the new product approval (NPAC) process and control the up-to-date Trading PPL - permitted product list – less
Productive company - great facility - Excellent benifits
TCS Bankruptcy Manager/AVP (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: parking is not ideal
Every changing environment
Excellent benefits
Great facility with Gym and full Cafeteria
Stringent targets
Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Paris, TNJune 24, 2014
Pros: benefits start day one
Cons: not getting paid overtime, while your schedule was being manipulated, day to day, they comp time out, and have you work at a moments notice different hours than are what is on the door.
In the six years I worked for this company, the targets increased more often than the pay did. Upper management had no concern for you work/life balance, only for their quarterly bonus that you were earning them. Not a personal company, strictly business. You didn't have a fixed work schedule like they advised during the recruiting period.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more