Citi Employee Reviews

Found 6,681 reviews matching the search
Great Place to Work
Registered Associate (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MO 63105September 18, 2016
Fast paced and challenging but in a good and positive way.
Management was very supportive.
Atmosphere was professional, friendly and the office had a lot of fun during meetings and events.
Training was in place but you had to squeeze out time to complete it.
Reviews were always done on time and raises were awarded for achievement.
Work load was manageable.
Pros
Friendly office management and staff
Cons
Fun and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNNovember 6, 2016
a Great place to work .. is great benefits and pay is good as well ! work life bal is promoted and the culture is great here ! hardest part of the job is time management !
The morality at Citi was great.
LOSS OPS SUPPORT ASSISTANT 2 (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 13, 2016
A typical day was working very hard and get you accounts done by the end of the deadline.
What I have learned at Citi was being a team player, work hard, learn how to multi task, learn how to problem solve, be very detail oriented, and default management.
My co-workers at Citi was the best.
There was no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being employed and being around a great group of people.
Pros
Holidays around Citi was great.
Cons
Laid Off
Love my job
Ops. Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 12, 2017
I love my job at Citi. I have great coworkers, and great benefits. There are some issues with management treating all employees the same, but I'm sure that is everywhere. Part of what I love is the variety of functions I have. I am able to do my main job, along with cross training, and other little things that need to be done that somehow I ended up doing!
Pros
Great Coworkers, great hours
Cons
inconsistency in treatment of employees by management
Good Company with Growth Potential
Workforce Optimization, Asst. Vice President (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXOctober 18, 2016
Good company to work for and the benefits are pretty good by today's standards. Work culture could use some revamping, as in increased company morale with management and analyst alike.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Morale amongst employees and management
Excellent Work Life Balance
Business Analyst - Regulatory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Citi is an excellent Work Life Balance organization. The management team appears to care about there employees. It is a very diversity organization. Citi have a lot of hard work to do moving from manual processes to automated processes. They are working very diligently on improving this process.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Too many manual processes
compensation not equal to work load/assignment
Bankruptcy Specialist/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Depending on the manager assigned determined the degree of training you received for future advancement.

Management rarely accepted input from working staff

Firm will hire external 1st level managers who had no experience
Pros
Exceptional programs to increase work production
Cons
promoted staff to management positions based on productivity not management aptitude
Well compensated company and great benefits
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2016
Well recognized company with great benefits and opportunity for it employees. I enjoyed working at Citi after more than 23 years I consider Citi my home. I enjoy working with everyone and I learned from management that clients is always comes first. Citi is consider one of the best company since they are in more than 100 countries.
Pros
Flexible hours to work
Cons
Not able to work overtime
great company to work for!
Finance P&A Senior Analyst - AVP (Former Employee) –  MiamJanuary 12, 2017
I spent over 8 years with Citi and loved being there! Worked through financial crisis and other difficult economic times, but always had the opportunity to succeed and learn.

Work-balance life was not something to highlight at all times, but it completely depends on each division and direct management.
Pros
Global Opportunities
Cons
work-life balance
Work/life
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2017
The benefits are very good as they start on day 1. They offer health , life , dental,and eye insurance programs again all this is available form day 1.
The work life is very good as well as Citi will work with you if there are issues that you need to take care of in your personal life. There are thorough job training classes to make sure you are prepared to handle the job and succeed.
Benefits
Cons
money could be better

Want to know more about Citi?

Ask a question
Culture and Communication
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2016
Citi is a great place to work, management works well together to drive a very nice work culture and communicate annual company goals. Citi also offers a very nice work life balance with opportunities to work remotely in certain roles.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Matrixed Environment
Changing to digital platform with no employee loyalty
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Company does not like to promote from within. Job security is not reinforced so things are always tense on a monthly bases. Company changing banking model and switching to digital access and forgetting about the well being of it employee.
Pros
Diverse Co-Workers and team work
Cons
Management needs to acknowledge workers and not stray from promises made.
Good
VP (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Good company to work for. Compensation and benefits were good. Room for advancement. Some great managers and coworkers, and the job culture is cut-throat, but still friendly.
A modern sweatshop
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Out of probably a hundred companies I have worked for, this is one of the worst corporate cultures I have ever seen. Management makes decisions without any data, then expects reality to conform to their artificial project timeline. "Managing to the timeline" never works in any company, and it doesn't work here. Nevertheless, management wants what it wants, regardless of whether it is a realistic expectation or if it's even possible to attain the specified goal - they want their bonuses, and therefore they mandate working nights, weekends, and holidays (80 hours a week) to reach the goal. When a deadline arrives, the product goes into Production, whether or not it works, and then the business users must suffer from the broken product that doesn't work.

Because it's a multinational company, you are required to hold meetings and conference calls at any hour, even 3 A.M.

They don't tell you what needs to be done or how to do it - you're just supposed to know, and it's your fault if you don't.

My recommendation is to avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Once you discover that there's no real repercussions for failure, you can slack off and do the bare minimum to get by, which is what everyone does.
Cons
You will still have to work an insane amount of hours.
Good People
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I worked at Citi for over 11 years. I loved my job, but the management in some areas could have been more involved. Citi also had issues with hiring unmotivated and lazy workers for call center positions. This resulted in a lack of knowledge or caring, and ended up getting the entire department laid off.
Pros
Upword mobility, good benefits, gym, great cafeteria
Cons
lazy coworkers, lower pay
Was laid off
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Citi is not a family friendly workplace. Once you're out of time off, you'll be fired. There is no room to wiggle. If you go on a LOA, you will very likely be let go soon after getting back to work. Once you're off the phones(as in a promotion), you're subject to being laid off. You're o KY valuable to them if you don't have a family, and you remain on the phones. Management is a joke. Nobody ever knows what's going to happen.
Great Benefits / Good company / horrible pay
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Citibank was my first job out of college and the pay was decent coming from college ($13.50 hourly) I think i made $40K my first year after a few bonuses (which is not that good now that i make 100K). The benefits like health insurance was hands down the best. Culture was actually pretty good. Personally i can't be on the phones via customer service it sucked.
Great company to work for as far as benefits and schedules but not great about compensating employees or giving raises.great
Collections Agent 2 (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 19, 2017
Great overrall company to work for and great work environment. Not great with advancement opportunities or giving raises. Flexible schedules and paid time off and holidays.
Pros
Benefits, vto, paid vacation and holidays
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Management needs improvement
Certified Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
I worked at citi for over 9 years trapped at the same location. I begged and pleaded to be transfer year after year to a better location. My production was great , I always made my goal , however citibank management fails to reward me for all my hard work .
Pros
I LOVE MY CLIENTS
Cons
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE, NO ADVANCEMENT
Best work Ever
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 29, 2016
Basically, working in Citi was the best experience I have ever had. It makes me the opportunity to grow my skills and knowledge regarding the loan overall process.

In addition, the team and management was great and all the benefits that the company provides were good.
Pros
Good healthcare, 401k, teamwork
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.