Citi
2,411 reviews

Citi United States Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Production Support Onsite coordinator (Former Employee), south dakotaMarch 30, 2015
Nice experience. Learned new technologies. Co workers are great. Can work from home is an advantage.Nice experience. Learned new technologies. Co workers are great. Can work from home is an advantage.
Good compensation and benefits....but toooo streseful job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Meridian, IDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: too stresefull
In my opinion it is hard enough to deal with angry customers all day and then having to deal with meeting numbers management requires you to accomplish, especially when we as CSR have no control over this #
Very Fun and cool place to work.
Homeowner Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work consist of reach out and collecting documents from clients. Building a relationship to help the client understand what is need and how we can help them keep there home. I have learned how to be patient and understand that everyone has a story and may be upset because of there situation. I think the company had great managers that were will to help improve us as agents.
Quiet and highly productive atmosphere with friendly, relatable personnel
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 29, 2015
Typically, the environment here is very quiet and the workflow is simple, yet challenging. There is always a need to increase your knowledge and work speed, and those two aspects of work I was able to sharpen during my time at Citi; I was also able to pick up some handy skills such as JIRA ticket management and SQL, and I managed to refine my skills involving the Test Planning process and working alongside developers, managers, and fellow testers in a professional manner.

I gained some powerful insight on life as a QA Tester through my colleagues; they taught me that - in this job - it's better to take things slowly and patiently while maintaining your composure so that you are able to make the smartest and most rational of decisions during crunch periods. Their friendly attitudes also helped encouraged me to maintain a positive attitude throughout the workday, especially when dealing with difficult aspects of work such as properly identifying an issue, its cause, and the most effective course of action; however, I will say that the satisfaction I felt when I managed to complete the aforementioned set of tasks and got everything in working order had to have been the most enjoyable part of the job.

I am truly grateful to the staff members I worked with out of the Citi office in Jersey City and all that they have shown me about work in my field. If possible, I would love to work in an environment that is as quiet and highly productive as the one I took part of in New Jersey.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gray, TNMarch 29, 2015
Pros: helping people
I enjoyed working at Citi. I answered calls from customers with problems with their accounts, making payments, increasing credit lines and solving any issues customers had with their accounts.

I enjoy helping people and guiding them to find the right solutions to their problems.
growth
Credit/Collections Analyst (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 28, 2015
Career growth and advancement were some of the most critical elements personal development. Sometimes, it is not prioritized as it should be but it lies greatly in the wills of the individual employee to seek for it.
Prodcutive and fast past environment
Loss Mitigation Supervisor (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Quick advancement
Cons: Job security
• Monitored and collected delinquent account data on a daily basis.
• Performed borrower financial evaluations to develop nonpayment strategies and options.
• Responsible for 144,000 account totaling 1 billion dollars in receivables.
• Established and followed target goals for all accounts.
• Provided assistance and training to 6 other loss mitigation specialists as needed.
• Ensured appropriate resolutions from problem area identification.
• Oversaw collection of mortgage payments and outstanding fees.
• Monitored and performed quality assurance on outbound and inbound collection calls.
• Lending and Insurance sales experience.
Temporary staffing agency
material handler/forklift/order puller. (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Learn variety type of work.
Cons: Not certain if job and pay are stable.
Learning different type of work is always good and is a benefit for me.Can upgrade on selection of work and better suit pay rate for the type of work asked for.
Productive and fun working environment
Client Assistance Unit (Current Employee), Meridian, IDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits and paid time off
Cons: Job can be highly stressful
This job entails primarily taking inbound phone calls and escalating them to management or attempting to deescalate callers, as well as placing credit card clients on concessionary assistance.

I have learned strong time management skills and the ability to think effectively on my feet to handle high stress situations in a non personal setting.

The management is excellent and helpful.

The hardest part of the job is the constant change in requirements to satisfy management goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients who truly need help with making their payments on their past due credit card debts due to difficult life situations.
Citi at its best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: On site daycare, Lunch room, gym, security, bonus incentives, differential pay for late shifts.
Cons: Bt, Verbatims
This is an overall good company for the right person. A typical day is pretty much spent on the phone talking to thousands of people from around the world. I learned a great deal about interest, APR rates, Card security and how much team work is needed to have a functional banking company. Management all depends on which section you work in, some are laid back, fun and outgoing, others are strictly there to make the job about the job. Coworkers are easy to get along with and sometimes you can turn to them to ask a question if needed. The hardest part of the job is being driven to get Balance Transfer(BTs), and working the late shift. third shift or overnight shift can be very difficult. Yes balance transfers are big part of the sales job, and its what makes the bank money. Its not always easy but if you don't mind asking the same questions over and over and are quick with a mouse to navigate multiple screens, then this is the job for you. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is how open and respectable everyone is at this site no matter if it is just the janitor or the General manger of the company everyone is treated equally to the point of most of the time you don't even know that your talking to someone who has been with the company for 30 years making 6 figures a year, they all participate and volunteer at events making it very involved in the community. All in all, if you can read exactly what you see on the screen and work at a moderate pace Citi can be a great place for those who thrive in this type of environment.
Agrreed... if you like being micromanaged great place
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 24, 2015
Pros: daycare
Cons: many
The benefits and daycare discounts are great! However if you work in Fraud, you will be stuck in that department forever. The upper management is terrible! My manager has more work put on him from his manager then anyone else working there, even though he does his job well, she treats him like trash. The other managers skate by doing the minimum and were given those jobs because of who they know. Citi is a terrible place to work. I just quit working there after 12 years because I couldn't take it anymore. I was treated poorly and people who did not have experience were chosen for jobs that many seasoned reps would have been better at. All because Citi wants to save a couple bucks! I do not recommend this place to anyone! Unless you kiss a lot of rear, then you'll excel!

Also they advertise as a family friendly business.... every time my daughter was sick and I had to get her from daycare... my managers manager wouldn't let me make up the time. She has children and can leave whenever she wants! But cares about no one else!
Professional and fun.
Loss Mitigations Specialist 2 SAFE Act (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: A lot of company events and employee appreciation celebrations.
Cons: Must be able to maintain company compliance, regulations, and ethics.
A great company to work for and had a good product. A family environment, the supervisors and managers were very friendly and supportive. Fellow colleagues were great to work with. A lot of fun!
productive work place
Machine Operator 2 (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Hard working honest people. And professional work place. Great place to work. Love the 13 years that I have ben there.Happy people. My favorite parte of working is training
work at home
Customer service (Current Employee), Roy, UTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: sick time.
hardest part of the job is sitting at home with one one else around you. but other than that its a nice place to work for. a normal day is taking customer service phone calls.
Consistent and Reliable
Travel Officer (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOMarch 23, 2015
Citigroup has been very good to me since I started working for them in 2007. Citi worked with me early in my career as I was going to school full time in the morning and working the night shift each night. I started as a temp employee and 9 years later I am traveling the continental USA working with borrowers face to face to get them out of any hardship issues with their mortgage.

The company gives you room to grow and the management gives you the opportunity to develop into a better employee. While you can see many employees just log in and complete their 40 hours each week, if you have the drive, you can make a difference and receive a salary that shows your efforts.

I look forward to working at Citigroup each day but will always keep my eyes open for better opportunities.
The Worst Place I've ever worked
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: You may still be alive
Cons: Slavery
Its a slave culture. The worst, I've ever worked in. Just 4 months, couldn't last any longer, Wanted to get out of this rat hole every second of it. There are a few good people but they have gotten used to the culture. Forget about ping ping or coffee or tea etc.
The work is so haphazard and chaotic, and Pay is half the industry standard.The hours are the real slavery. more than 12 hrs a day.
I found that Citibank in Sioux Falls was accommodating and responsive to the requests both to the cardholders and banks that I worked with.
Prearbitration Representative (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: there were rewards and incentives for the workers to keep their error rate low.
Cons: i have no complaints.
A day at work at Citibank in Sioux Falls consisted of my following cases that were in dispute on credit card issues.

It also involved routing cases to various departments within the bank to be sure that the accounts were maintained properly.

At times I would be required to make direct contact with both the cardholder or the merchant bank to expedite the resolution of any disputes. I also would follow up to be sure that finance charges were properly credited and that the bank would not suffer any losses.
NA
Relationship Manager, Citigold Wealth Management (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
High Net Worth client management. Great working relationship with colleagues. Heavy turnover with management of all levels.
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Great place to work, however, not a lot of room for advancement.
If you are looking for a position in the New York area this may not be the best option for you. An abundance of positions are being outsourced.
Citi
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Gray, TNMarch 19, 2015
Citi is an excellent place to work with excellent pay,benefits,management etc. You are taught everything you need in your training in order to prove successful there. I enjoyed working there very much.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more

Citi Salaries