Citi
1,824 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

Work
Collector (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 20, 2014
I was doing credit card collections and the one thing I didn't like was they would not let me move up in the company because they wanted to keep me on the phone.
Review of Citi
Credit Card Customer Service (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 20, 2014
Pros: gym membership
Cons: very difficult to get time off
The typical day at Citi is to assit every client as quick and as courtious as possiable. I've learned alot while working at Citi, management skills, patients, and a number of other things
Professional atmosphere with core values
COMMERCIAL CREDIT CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXJune 19, 2014
A typical work day is tedious and challenging in dealing with customer service related issues revolving around credit. I was trained proficiently in the job description and worked with a great team to keep the clients satisfied. Hardest part of the job may have been rapidly changing goals revolving around client service almost daily, challenging but – more... great knowledge experience. The most enjoyable part was being able to assist different customers,and finding solutions both satisfactory and in alliance with the company as well as the client. – less
productive and fun
Java Technical Lead (Current Employee), New YorkJune 19, 2014
love the work at citi group. Only thing is I am looking for better opportunity.
Summer internship in agriculture research
Research Internship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2014
A typical day consisted of gathering reports and entering data to provide to the client base. I learned more about the trade markets and expanded my skillset with Microsoft Excel. My manager and co-worker were experienced in their positions and taught me about the importance of their roles for the clients. The hardest part of the job was coming into – more... an industry where my knowledge was minimal. While I may not have known a lot about trade markets, I was able to provide the skills I did have with data and trend analysis. I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment that seemed to be different every day depending on how the markets reacted that day. – less
Analytic Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 19, 2014
fun place to work
great pace to work
good benefits
work/life balance
Exciting work place
Mortgage Specialist I (Former Employee), New YorkJune 19, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: short breaks
Awesome management as well as cooperative co workers. i learnt more about the mortgage industry as well as built more skills in relating with people. I enjoyed everytime/moment i worked there. Basically, I enjoyed assisting customers/clients with their mortgage related problems
Citigroup
Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, tuition reimbursment
Cons: micromanaging, no incentives, little to no commission, no job security, you can be the best at your job this does not matter you can still get canned.
The company is going down hill fast. When I first started Citi it truly was a great place to work. They once cared about their employees and often offered incentives. Over the years, they (upper management) expected too much from their employees work harder, with no over time, micro-managing, no incentives etc. Upper management was constantly changing, – more... and making changes to save the company more money. They do not care about their employees. The hardest part is accepting you will never be good enough. Despite all of your good months, and all of your hard work and effort it will never be appreciated. Your head is on the chopping block any day. Everyday management is threatening your job. There is absolutely no job security. People who have worked there 20+ years were axed. If you're looking for a temporary job while getting your college degree than by all means this is the place for you. This isn't for people who are looking for long term careers or job security. – less
no longer in business
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was a new Staffing agency which never got going. While it was in business it was a Good company to work for.
high paced job
collections specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2014
loved the pay not the stress at this job. It is a collections job with irritated and agressive people and at times the management could be overbearing.
Interesting Days
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: working late night hours.
I like working at Citi because nothing was ever the same. It was always changing and growing. I liked working as an individual and a team as well.
fun place to work
Data entry (Former Employee), Buffalo NYJune 16, 2014
fun place to work, schedule was great 7-3 pm, repetitive work, kept busy
Team is great
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: everyone willing to help
Cons: nothing, great place to work
Fun and learning, broaden banking knowledge, excellent & honest, great folks, dealing with large trades, the team
great way to get involved in a company
Service Processor 1 (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOJune 16, 2014
Pros: great way to get started in a company
Cons: you could be let go at any time
I would work where ever my temp agency manager would assign me to. The hardest part of my job would be that i was not included in company activities and i was not allowed to be recognized by managers.
Lots of work to do, not enough people or hours in the day
SME Wintel Distributed/AD Operations (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOJune 15, 2014
Pros: an it picnic twice a year was nice
Cons: micromanagers, you're treated like a number & referred to as a resource and not a person with feelings, low pay scale, no bonuses, 2% merit raises every year.
A typical day at work. Trying to help customers (internal Citi employees) who had problems related to their access that was requested wrong. Customers who requested the wrong access (their mangers were no help), and due to auditors who are not in the IT field, they set policy that we were forced to grant the wrong access since the employees manager – more... blindly approves requests without reading it first.

Getting through each Friday and still be employed was a triumph, since Citi like to outsource & doesn't care that 1st level help desk can't speak english, and 2nd level tech support was lazy & quick to escalate tickets they didn't want to learn how to fix the problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job. I got to sit in an air conditioned office, in a chair, and there was a restroom close by.

The hardest part of the job, listening to management overuse "moving forward" as a way to not accept blame or apoligize for everything they did which usually was a mistake & cost money which cost a lot of good talent to be laid off. Lazy managers who had their "Admin" (administrative assistant, or lead) do their work for them, yet be paid very very well only to do very very little.

Corporate politics are live and well, lots of affairs going on, lunch break delight going on in the parking lot and at the nearby Busch Wildlife park. – less
great place to work
Costumer Service Sales Agent (Former Employee), Florence, KYJune 14, 2014
Pros: they have a lot of good benefits
great place to work, they help you reach your goals so you can advance in your career
Great place to start a career.
Securities Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: great campus, good work/life balance
Cons: hard for advancement, mundane work.
Overall, good for a recent graduate looking for workplace skills and experience to use in the future. Not the best place for career advancement without prior experience.
Bad
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Gray, TNJune 12, 2014
Cons: not a good place to work
Hired for a position
Position no longer available
Training good
Pay not equal to work completed
Management very poor
Highly matricized and specialized, decent pay and people
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYJune 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor healthcare benefits, location
Highly matricized and specialized, decent pay and people. While they speak about work/life balance the workload they require doesn't really back it up
Extremely welcoming and casual company
Operations Management (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOJune 12, 2014
I was placed in the position through a temp service. The position was perfect. The manager and leads trained with me, were very patient and welcoming. The work environment is extremely relaxed even casual/

An incentive to this company is they participate in a charity, which allows the employee to wear jeans and casual shoes everyday with a low monthly – more... donation.

The training process is easy to learn, I have only been there a short time and I have already started my basic operations work. – less

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more