Citi

2.9K reviews

Citi Employee Reviews

Found 2,618 reviews matching the search
A little Old Fashioned but moving towards change
Control and Compliance Officer, VP (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2015
For such a large company, sometimes it seems strange that technology at this firm seems behind the curve.

Being such a large company has its benefits. There is always someone who has the answer to your question and the resources at the company's disposal are definitely respectable.

Pay is decent, benefits could be better, time off is average.
fast paced environment
Forklift Operator/Trans (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 8, 2015
fast paced yet friendly environment. it was a great learning experience. and I gain valuable learning tools for future jobs
Depends on the department you are in
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2015
Your experience at Citi could be very pleasant if you are in the right group, but not every group is created equally. Management will definitely impact your happiness and chances for success.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No work life balance, no career advancement unless you are in New York
Great work environment and good employee moral.
Short Sale Underwriter (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 7, 2015
Big company with experienced management and staff. The company had lots of opportunity. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Good company and good benefits.
Cons
lower salaries
Fabulous work culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2015
Citi really cares about its employees. There are always functions and events going on almost weekly.

I like the laid back approach to meetings - where it can be a huddle space or a sofa at the coffee station.
Pros
nice facility, very clean
Cons
contractors unable to work remote - the commute for me is lengthy
co-workers good team work
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2015
Co-workers all helpful and worked together as a team

Some management personnel had no experience regarding investigations
The BEST years of my career.
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL and San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2015
I started with Citi at the age of 16 as a Summer Intern and ended my career almost 16 years later due to family obligations back in San Antonio. I was given the opportunity to grow, literally, and so many became "family" over the years, "bleeding blue". Over the years, I learned so much both professionally and personally.

The company offered great benefits and compensation, job security/advancement, the management was stellar, and the job culture was on a level that I have yet to experience in my career since. Work from home was just being explored but our management team supported each employee and their work/life balance, from school schedules to family obligations.

Hands down, one of the best places for Job Culture.
Pros
Management Support and Job Culture
Cons
Honestly can't think of one.
Great Staff
BRANCH ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 4, 2015
Very up beat. They like to motivate there staff so that they have fun in the office and close loans and help people budget better if they can help.
Pros
great to advance
Cons
close branches to much
Great company!
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 4, 2015
I worked at Citi for almost 14 years. The culture and work environment are great! Citi has a long history of volunteering in the communities in which they are located and they highly encourage every employee to volunteer.
Cad Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at work has been great, the vibe was awesome. I haven't experienced the hardest part of the job, however I did enjoy the people there.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Good company
Productive and Fun workplace
Application Processor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 1, 2015
A typical day at work is sitting down processing applications and talking to my co-workers. I have learned a lot processing applications, how you put the app together and put it into the system. The management at Citi are very welcoming/nice and concerned about all of there employees. I don't have a hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with all different people and communication with them.
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
Citi provides a very autonomous environment to run a business within the construct of the company's objectives. Management is very client oriented and providing a great direction for the company.
Job Work / Life Balance
Director (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 28, 2015
Having worked for Citi for many years I have been exposed to a lot of different experiences. In the realm of work/life balance I can advise that it is very skewed towards the work side. A typical day for me starts in the office at 6 AM (which means I leave my home at 4:30am). Typically I do not leave the office until 9 PM. So for those of you doing the math, that would leave less than 6 hours once I get home to do things like eat, sleep and the rest of the things we typically include in the "life balance" side.
Pros
A lot of work and red tape
Cons
A lot of politics
Good place for an independent contractor to work
Real Estate Salesperson/Broker's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
There is a great sales training initiative here and the managers are very skillful and knowledgeable in their industry.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunches are training's/sales meetings, etc.
Cons
Healthcare is seperate when you are an independent contractor
Above Average
Vice President, App Dev/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
Good work/life balance options. Culture and environment was good. Well, as good as it can be for large banks. Teams work togehter a little more than other large banks I have worked at.
working at Citi has been a wonderful experiance.
Bankruptcy Auditor (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 23, 2015
I enjoy working at Citi, the people are professional and knowledgeable. Always being able to learn something new and advance in to a new area of the business.
Review
Infra Senior Tech Analyst - NCIS Level III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2015
Citi is an outstanding organization to work for. The organization is veteran friendly and works well with meeting work like balance with its employees.
Pros
Great Culture
Wonderful work environment. Worked from home from 2009 to 2014
Quality Assurance Auditor/CS Inbound Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 19, 2015
highly recommended job! Work load was heavy but for a person that likes challenges it was appropiate. There were flexable work hours and awesume people to work with even when carrying out duties such as auditing or coaching for development purposes. The hardest part of the job was making to sure to keep up with the consistent and daily job function changes; but through prioritizing and keeping a daily log made it easier to carry out these changes. The most enjoyable part was rewarding agents for their dedication and hard work!
Pros
flexible schedule
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 19, 2015
The company offers many benefits including working with diverse groups, health benefits, vacation and sick time, and a healthy work/life balance.
Excellent company to work for.
VP/ Infrastructure Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
State of the art environment, Centers of Excellence (COE), best practices, and a place where IT is state of the art. Citi attracts the best talent.