Citi Employee Reviews

Found 6,660 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Working at Citi Bank was an exciting job. We all worked as a team to meet our goals and help the bottom line of our company. The management was always very encouraging.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Not a lot of downtime
fast paced
Home Equity Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 7, 2017
assisted with first and second mortgages, entering data and selling on upsides of 2nd mortgages. I loved the sales aspect and liked to get people approved for a loan and their dream home.
Pros
great pay and fun people
Cons
area closed
N/a
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2017
The pay was not fair, and the training was not clear. The management staff was not helpful, and it was unclear what the benefits structure was. All in all I would not work for this company again.
benefits
Cons
pay
Dedicated work force
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
As a contractor I did not have full access to Citi's overall management structure. Management is making an effort to include all of the employees in understanding it strategic objectives.
Pros
On line system for work flow
Cons
The process for operational risk in marketing is not well defined.
great job
AVP Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
My co workers were great! I learned so much and my manager was absolutely the best manager EVER! the hardest part of the job was when my manager retired and the new manager brought his own people.
Pros
everyting
Cons
new manager
It is all about Customer Service
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Overall good place to work only downgrade is what they call KDS - they will call your customers after your transaction and ask a series of questions, depending on what the customer rated the transaction experience they evaluate your customer service skills and that affect your bonus - if the customer does not give you all TENS to all of the questions your are already in the red mark.
good
Customer Service Elite (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 6, 2017
Good place to work with great management. The job is a basic patient care tech job with good hardworking people. really enjoyed it
Work Life Balance
Vice President/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJFebruary 5, 2017
I already reviewed Citi in a previous section. Nothing more to report. WFH on Wednesdays and Fridays is a bonus and is much appreciated
Really a good job and a good career
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 5, 2017
Really like this job. One of the best jobs I have banking and handling clients is something I really enjoy doing. So much to learn from this job and I hope I could grow in the company
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Metrics Driven
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2017
Metrics Driven company that Productivity Driven
Biased Management
Does not help to increase Moral of Employees
Does not Value Emplyoees with Knowledge
fast paced
Application Processor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 5, 2017
this job is fast paced you must be able to keep up because there are productivity requirements that you must meet they give you some time to learn and get the hang of it but you must be a fast learner.
Pros
meet people, decent pay
Cons
sitting for long periods of time
compensation not equal to work load/assignment
Bankruptcy Specialist/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Depending on the manager assigned determined the degree of training you received for future advancement.

Management rarely accepted input from working staff

Firm will hire external 1st level managers who had no experience
Pros
Exceptional programs to increase work production
Cons
promoted staff to management positions based on productivity not management aptitude
Overall
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 5, 2017
It's ok far as the pay but if you're looking for advancement in the company this may not be the job for you depending on what department you get in. The management is terrible and at the end of the day that has a big impact on where you go in the company. Another downfall about the job is that you have to manual key everything like the old days far as your timesheet, breaks,bathrooms and everything which becomes very stressful. As well if you are having personal issues, family issues they really don't have much of a support system when it comes to that depending on your manager. As well they really never know what's going on and its very unorganized. So if you like being on the phone 8-10 hours a day constantly talking to people and getting yelled at then this may be to your liking regardless good luck with your path in life and job searches I wish you the best!
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Management, Trying to get off days, Shifts, Policies, Favoritisim
If you like phone jobs this is a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 4, 2017
Good company to work for if you like being on a phone all day. has good benefits good employees. ability to move into to different fields
Banking at its Best
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 4, 2017
I loved seeing my repeat customers every week. If you enjoy talking or meeting people and you have an outgoing personality this type of job would be rewarding for you.
Once you learn the operating system the job was very straight forward.
Pros
working hours
Cons
did not pay well
Very good company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 4, 2017
Citi is a very good company. There is a strong sense of corporate culture, however much depends on the individual departmental manager in creating a fair and level playing field.
Recruiter Contract to Hire
Mortgage Sales Recruiter/ Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Hard to climb the "corporate ladder", if you are looking for something repetitive and middle of the road, then this is perfect. Not a huge bonus structure or any commission, and their recruiting practices are outdated as well as their technology software to do so. If you thrive on new challenges and a bonus/commission style compensation then this is not the place for you. This is a place you go to retire not a place you want to grow your career for a long time.
Pros
Campus Amenities
Cons
work environment, management, upward mobility .
Work Experience at Citigroup
Storage Capacity and Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warren, NJFebruary 3, 2017
Working at Citigroup was an exciting, challenging experience in a fast paced, intense environment. Citigroup was maintained high standards of professionalism, and treated everyone fairly.
Productive workplace that treats their employees very well.
Costco Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2017
Citibank is a very structured but fun, professional workplace that treats all of their employees extremely well. This job provides their employees with everything they need, from great pay and amazing benefits to gifting each employee their own Citibank coffee thermos on their first day of training and having free coffee, hot cocoa, and tea in each break room daily. Citi has a variety of schedules you're able to choose from, upon hiring in, as well; all positions are guaranteed full time. Everyone in the workplace, from coworkers to management, are extremely helpful and easy to get along with. Occasionally, irate customers call in, but if you know your stuff, it's generally easy to deescalate, and most of the phone calls turn out pleasant in the end. I learned quite a bit about handling financial accounts and how to effectively deescalate angry customer's in order to get them exactly what they need. Working for Citibank was a very valuable experience for me, and if I weren't going to school, I would definitely work for this company again.
Pros
In-company events, free coffee hot chocolate and tea, great benefits, great pay, good management, helpful coworkers, 2-3 paid breaks per day, 1 lunch, paid holidays/sick days, etc.
Cons
Irate customers
good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
its a pretty high call volume ... expect customers to curse you out . know how to handle each situation , follow dress code, and don't use Google. I love it,..... you have to do good year round to get a good enough raise. sometimes you may feel like yo do more then what your job requires, it happens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval