Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced goal oriented in Citigroup Collections department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 23, 2015
Pros: 2 free 15 minute breaks
Cons: not enough lunch time
During production hours for different campaigns we would strike to reach as much clients as possible to bring accounts current the soonest possible. I learned along with my co-workers to be persistent, show tone of authority, and have the commitment to provide excellent customer service. Management handled issues, meetings, etc. in a very professional manner. Always willing to give positive advice and very helpful tips to mold us into excellent collectors. The hardest part of the job was to stay awake when work was down and there was nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was to have the support of my co-workers and to work together as a team.
Very proffessional company
Executive Protection Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Co workers were great. Bosses were great. Management needs work. Hardest part of the job was being laid off due to my boss retiring. Constant stream of new workers day in and day out.
Friendly and a great learning process
Collector (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great enviornment and friendly staff
Cons: compensation was at a low during this time
This company had great learning/training process. This ensured you knew your job and was ready to work independently and as a team. We were seated in pods so this made it easy to ask a fellow employee a question when uncertain.
Diverse and Challenging
Fraud Department Lead for Citigroup (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 22, 2015
Pros: Hours, shifts, benefts
Cons: Politics
My typical day at Citi ,challenging, busy, and diverse. I learned new processes and acquired new managerial skills. I loved my immediate management team, upper management needed a little more backbone.. Co-workers were fantastic, adaptable, easy going ,at times challenging.The hardest part of my job was being the mediator in preventing confrontations with my peers and management or my peers with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction.
My position with Citi was challenging. I love a challenge because it drives me, keeps me motivated and busy. I gained life long friends there.
Bankruptcy Auditor (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Gym and cafeteria on site
Cons: n/a
Monitor a Queue with bankruptcy cases. Complete unfinished work from previous day, and urgent cases for the current day. Determine which audits need to be worked on immediately. A complete audit could take up 21/2 hours to finish. So you were busy the full day. We were required to do 3 audits daily. Management was knowledgeable of the process and was readily available for any assistance needed. The hardest part of the job was getting a case with multiple loan mods or POC's. It wasn't hard, it just took longer to audit and you may or may not reach your quota for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting audits with all transactions flowing as applied via the Ttee and everything balanced. Additionally, incentives were given for completed audits, audits sent for QA and audits returned from QA with fewer errors.
One of the least enjoyable jobs I ever had.
Legal Network Collections (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Some good people
Cons: Management and teams did not understand each other. Very fishy practices when it came to collections, some bordering on immoral and maybe against regulation.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and built great relationships with them. The job itself changed in a negative way faster than I could believe. The commissions we could make were set higher and higher the more we actually met them and that made it nearly impossible to make ends meet.
Professional Underwriter (Former Employee), The Lakes, NVApril 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, advancement
Cons: healthcare
Great place to learn a new position, training is excellent ensuring your success, management always looking new ways to improve employee skills for advancement opportunities
Average
Business Analyst, Operational (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2015
They allow you to work from home sometimes depending on your manager. So far the management I have came across is good. The culture could use a little work. The moral is down due to layoffs. The hardest part of my job is having to stare at a computer screen all day and sit behind a desk. The most enjoyable part is when I get to interact with other employees.
Internship
Service Associate (Current Employee), Gray, TNApril 21, 2015
The internship was a wonderful learning experience. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the relationship with the regular patients and the employees. They made it an easy transition to help me learn. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity.
Very productive place to work. there is always more work to be done.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Gray, TNApril 20, 2015
This was a good job with several opportunities to advance and learn new things. the management all depends on the department but higher management was exceptional. the best part of the job was meeting new people on all different paths of life. wonderful place for customer service interaction.
Productive - Fast paste
Private Label (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Ideas to motivate employees
Cons: Lack of communication
Typical day at work is a busy day. We learn something new every day. There is programs that come available to offer our clients to save their house from foreclosure. Managements can work on communicating across the board to avoid miscommunication between the agent and client on information. Co-workers work together to make it through the day. Hardest thing about the job is that not every client is eligible for assistance and giving the results can be difficult. At the end of the day knowing you were able to educate and help clients understand their options to save their home its a win-win solution for the company and client.
A Solid Investment Bank with a Good Culture
Interest Rate Swaps Trading - Basis Swaps (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2015
Overall it has been a very good experience working at Citi. I have been fortunate to meet many great people who have taught me much and have taken an interest in my development as a trader and as a person.
Short Sale/DIL/ Recovery Negotiator
Short Sale/DIL/Recovery Negotiator (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 17, 2015
I come in sign and review first portfolio, messages from attorneys and customer. Throughout the day I check to see If money has been received for a short sale transaction. While doing this I am logged in taking inbound calls for recovery accounts that have charged off and liens are being released. This is on a regular day without any issues, but its exciting and high learning environment. Each account I work is different and has its own journey. The task at hand is to ensure that we stay compliant and no laws broken while doing this. I have learned how to liquidate properties, clear titles, understand legal matters, processing lien releases, working with management on special projects that require immediate attention daily, learning how to work with co workers, management, and attorneys. The management at my job can be different. They al have the same mentality and that's to get the job done and meet the deadlines that need t be met. My manager may not always know the answer, but she will find out and follows up very well. In this department this is necessary, because of so many escalations within the company. The hardest part of my job is keeping it all together. You must be able to multi task even on a bad day. This job requires a lot and being organized, having time management, prioritizing, and taking advantage of idle time is a must. The best part of my job is the team that I work with on a daily basis. When you have good team that can get things done; your job just got easier. The team understand that when things are not done properly it will be another negotiator responsibility to care for it. My co workers have been with Citi for a long time; maturity is required for this job.
Citi
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2015
Its a decent place to work. Great junior people not the best management. Hours are manageable for investment banking. Overall good experience.
Loss Mitigation Specialist II (Current Employee), Dundalk, MDApril 16, 2015
Citi is good to work for great benefits, career advancement,
flexability w/family. Work/Life Balance. The only thing though is job security, you don't know when your location will shut down.
No direct plans to excell
Short Sale Negotiator/Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: eye insurance at one time was good
Cons: Embraced bad management skills
No platform for you to move up into Management. Very little diversity seen in Management. Strategies seemed to change from month to month. No consistency
Risk management
Information Security Professional Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkApril 16, 2015
Manage risk and compliance at all levels. Learned how to implement operational, technology and governance risk programs. Great work/life balance programs.
Good place to work for Balancing home and work life.
VP Telecom Operations (Former Employee), NYC and Warren, NJApril 15, 2015
Citi is a good employer for balancing home life and work. They allow employees to work remotely. I enjoyed 21 years of employment with Citi.
Very large organization
Regional Sales Director, Fixed Income (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Interesting place to work, hard to navigate made up of several silos. Needs to streamlined; I've worked at many other large companies, but they were easier to navigate and get what you want done quickly.
Plenty of opportunity to advance if desired
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 14, 2015
Citi is a great company to join when looking for a long-term career. They do tend to increase workload to an amount greater then one person can effectively manage with little compensation for a job well done.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more

Citi Salaries