Citi
2,291 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Specialty Agent (Current Employee), ofallonJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great work place, cafe etc

Great mentors / team-oriented culture; superiors very focused on learning and development. Very involved in the training of new agents and other people who join the team.
Day-to-day hectic with various transactions and metric I have to hit
Good work / life balance overall.

I believe the hardest part of the job was trying to maintain production while keeping your numbers were they needed to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentive pay. Most generous company I have worked for.
good company bad department
Collector III (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2015
The job is easy if the clients pick up the phones and you can keep them on there. Also they require that you break 2 or more buckets every month. if you go without breaking for 2 months you will be on a pip plan which requires you to do better or you will lose your job. they have great benefits but the team leads and some managers are very how do you say they are all for themselves and if you have a complaint with the team lead some managers will cover for them and try to talk there way around the reason you are mad at the team lead.
Productive environment to reach your goals
Vice President / Project Manager (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment
I was fortunate to work with great people, from whom I learned a lot and made me grow professionally.I enjoyed every day that I worked at Citi. I had great co-workers, managers. The most enjoyable part of my work day was the multitasking nature of the job that allowed to expand my knowledge.
A fun, hard working, dedicated bunch at Citi
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: had nice employee putlucks and our department was a monday-friday job
Cons: some system failure
A typical day at work was working together as a team to achieve the highest production possible every day. I definitely learned to be organized in my work as well as multitasking. Our management was great in the way of ensuring our success every step of the way. My co-workers were very nice to work with.

I believe the hardest part of the job was trying to maintain production due to system tool failure on a given day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the completion of a project moving on to the next one!
Great if you like a big corporation.
Undisclosed (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: supportive leadership and a vast array of training opportunities
Cons: huge campus environment; noisy everywhere you go; cannot get away to peace and quiet during breaks
I experienced exceptional leadership, however, since it is such a large corporation, jobs tend to be repetitive without much variety. You are one of many doing the same thing.
Not an employer of choice
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Zero work life balance; no respect for employees/consultants; poor management; very little or no support for employees/consultants. Incredible work hours....unrealistic work expectation; outrageous over time requirement.
great place overall
Associate (Former Employee), Irving,TxJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great manger to empoyee relationship
It was great place to work and manager was very supportive. I really learned alot about the credit card industry. i was a novice.
Educational on credit fraud
Fraud Early Warning (FEW) Representative (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJanuary 13, 2015
My department served to detect credit and fraud risk at their earliest stages to minimize losses to the bank. I utilized my workstation telephone to make/receive calls from card members, merchants, bank centers, and additional departments within the company. I found multiple fraud rings billing out of the country, which resulted in the training departments issuing alerts based on the criteria I provided. I was selected to be the assistant for two new hire managers brought to the floor. I also ran team building activities along with mentoring team members & new hire training classes on requirements, procedures, and skills needed.
Its a great place to work and am happy to be apart of such an organized company.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: positive work place envirement - great benefits
Cons: they yearly raises are very minimal.
Citi / Branch Manager 2010 to present
. Oversee $100 in accounts receivables, and prevented minimal loss through loss mitigation.
. Oversee day to day operations of employees, administration of all operations including; loss mitigation process
compliance, customer service through a retail store excepting cash payments, and security in accordance with corporate
objectives.
. Handled a high influx of in-bound & out-bound calls pertaining to the reconciliation and collection of
delinquent accounts.
. Processed short sales, modifications, subordinations on defaulted mortgages.
. Compiled and analyzing data for monthly Loan Loss Reports to measure portfolio performance.
. Prevented impending loss and increasing profitability through negotiation and enforcement of
scheduled collection campaigns, consistently achieving a high recovery rate.
. Monitored and listened to all inbound and outbound calls with the staff though daily Coaching Reviews.
. Safe Mortgage loan originator licensed in Utah and 45 other States.
Key Accomplishments
 Received promotion from Account Executive to Branch Manager in 2010.
 Ranked within the top 10 branches, division wide, assigned to 30-day collection activity.
 Achieving the “Hero of the Month” award for several months in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 for being #1 in the division , going above & beyond in customer service & demonstrating excellent leadership.
 Actively Enrolled into the District Manager Fast track Program.
Fun Place to work
Relationship Manager / Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Fun, fast paced and known globally. The most enjoyable part of the job is positive energy and motivation from the management.
Fantastic experience
Corporate and Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
- Great mentors / team-oriented culture; superiors very focused on learning and development
- Very involved in the training of new analysts and other people who join the team
- Expected to provide insightful input to senior management, not just crunch the numbers
- Must be well-spoken and well-written
- Day-to-day hectic with various transaction obligations
- Extensive client interaction as analyst
- Good work / life balance
Exceptional Environment with Opportunity to Grow
Escalations Specialist II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: rewards and recognition, work flexibitlity, benefits
Citi is a fantastic place to work. Every day I am challenged with resolving complex issues or simply meeting the banking needs of our clients. While some of the work in the call center environment can seem redundant, I find that there is so much satisfaction in being able to resolve our client's issues and meet their demands not to mention you get to interact with a vast array of people from all over.

The environment is fast-paced and constantly evolving! I have been able to refine my skills at analyzing and identifying complex issues and then coming up with a solution all because of the training and experience I have gained from Citi.

Citi offers anyone the opportunity to thrive with plenty of resources to acquire new skill sets and this is available to all employees whether it is for your personal or professional growth.

Citi also offers many options for flexibility, excellent benefits, and additional resources to help you balance your work/life environment.
Productive environment
Compliance and Risk Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Talented individuals working as a team. Very productive environment.
Productive and reasonable work enviorment and structure
Senior Vice President - Senior Risk Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good benifits and productive work enviroment
Cons: growth is very limited
Responsible for coordinating the activities of project team members, Operations and IT, and Risk project team members, end-users and IT. Responsibilities include project planning, budgeting, status reporting, issue and risk management, reviewing the reasonableness of project success criteria. Enjoyed working with people located in different parts of the world and multiple time zones.
It is Just a Job
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: it is just a job.
Cons: over worked, underpaid, not career focused, views employees as expendable/disposable
Citi is a great place to work. As long as you are political and in with the right people, you will do well. Don't work harder than your boss; don't believe your hard work or saving the company millions today will mean they will keep you tomorrow. You are a commodity; an asset while they need you, a liability around bonus time. Citi is at best a job, don’t think of it as a career. Just get in and get out and then find a career company that will appreciate you and your work ethic.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Jersey city, njJanuary 11, 2015
Great place to work with talented co-workers.The hardest part is the long hours due to a global presence.
Great place to work!
Credit Underwriter (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: layoffs
Great company to work for. Love the flexiblity and balance of home/work life.
UNSTRUCTURED MANAGEMENT
Loss Mitigation Mortgage Collector III (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Great Company, not so great management in certain departments
underwriter
Safe Act Underwriter (Former Employee), NewarkJanuary 10, 2015
Reviewed and decision credit, income, asset and property documentation on designated loans for compliance with PHH and investor guidelines and clearing
Identified and worked through alternatives with higher level Underwriter or
Demonstrated the ability to translate underwriting guidelines with application of
Communicated decisions both in writing and orally with third party stakeholders and
Reviewed low risk flags from data alerts to clear variances.
Updated processing system with appropriate conditions.
Consistently met established productivity and quality measurements.
Performed other duties within CRM, as needed
Intern
Private & Professional Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Great hands on experience. A lot of cold calling. Definitely a good way to figure out if you want to start your career in the wealth management business.