Citi
2,095 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

Average Financial firm to work with
AVP (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 8, 2014
In my 9 years, I learned a lot in terms of technology, people skills etc. Workload is little hectic and needs to find a way to bring out your creativity as lot of layers to go through for ideas to get propagated.
my extern
Collections (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 7, 2014
i loved it everyone was friendly a helped out. It was a great extern and i would work there if i could but the staff was full
Fun workplace with emphasis on team building
Service Processor (Former Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches movies outings
Cons: crowded building
Fun workplace with emphasis on team building. great benefits. loved coworkers. manager was encouraging. I learned a great deal about auto finance and mortgage servicing. free self defense and cpr classes.
The culture is work hard, play hard.
Vice President, Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, Fl and New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: demanding work schedule
Citi fostered a learning environment so that each employee (if they chose) could achieve the skills required for advancement.
opportunity to learn about personal loans
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: unrealistic monthly goals
• Assisted clients with personal loans.
• Set up payments and pay arrangements on clients’ accounts.
• Made outbound calls to clients to collect on personal loans.
• Met monthly goals.
• Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
All in all not so bad
Ops Support Analyst (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOOctober 7, 2014
Over the various positions at Citi I have learned the management you directly work for makes the biggest difference. There is something nice about the largeness that is the Citi, they do a lot of things right, continued training and monthly feedback to employees makes a huge difference in a person's demeanor.
AML-Anti Money Laundering
Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: contract ended
• Manage a caseload of investigations,
• Perform analysis and follow-up and work cases from beginning to completion according to AML procedures and policies
• Document and report the investigation findings and prepare case files for review (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
• Collect – more... and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
• Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Databases consistent with the resolution of investigations.
• File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) Data Base
• Document all research and analysis conducted
• Conduct Cross Sector reviews among multiple business lines.
• Triage cases and identify items appropriate for escalation.
• Customer service, inbound / out bound calls and e-mails. – less
Futures Trading Desk
Vice-President Futures (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: long term relationships, open to various aspects of the financial market
Cons: changes have created less job security especially on trading desks.
Starting the day by 7am handled orders from customers to place and execute futures/commodity orders. Reported fills and allocated executed trades. Following "life of trade" until clearing receipt was confirmed. Also maintained charts and graphs of economic data, including Payroll, Initial Claims, PPI. Also created client specific charts upon request. – more... Updated customer on current data releases and possible impact on market. – less
fun office environment
Credit Collector (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity for bonuses
Cons: short lunch break
10 hour work days forced me to work quickly and in noisey situations.
Learned to manage my own work load and communicate well with others. mostly enjoyed speaking with people in different parts of the U.S
Productive, fast paced, comfortable.
Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2014
Citigroup is a great face paced environment surrounded by diversity. Your team is a great support, and the people are friendly. A typical work day involved reconciliations between trading desk, managing jobs in autosys(workload control center), and data entry. Co workers are easy to communicate with, managers are understanding and projects work in sprints – more... (5 week time period). – less
bettering peoples lives.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Berea, KYOctober 2, 2014
Pros: helping to better peoples lives
Cons: still no there
did alot of bill consolidation... took payments. helped manage office...helped to collect past due accounts.. helped office reach its goals
Management was not useful
Account Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2014
There was lack of room for advancement, the management team were not very helpful. The company had great benefits.
Excellent company to work for with great benefits
Vice President - Global CoB Tools Operations (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJOctober 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to increase my skill set in dr and bc and cm, hurricane sandy response team, received "recovery of the year" award from drj
Cons: there was very little job security at citigroup, as evidenced by the transitioning of my position to a lower costarea.
Citigroup was an excellent company to work for and I enjoyed my time there. I learned much about the financial world and worked with some top notch people. Although my position was transitioned to a lower wage area, I understand that business conditions necessitated the change. I have nothing derogatory or bad to say about my overall experience working – more... for Citigroup and wish them the best going forward. – less
worst experiance of my life
Financial System Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2014
Cons: low pay
worked everyday with no direction, under people with differnet agendas. Not for my benefit but as place holder for others to advance.
Incredible company to work for.
Recovery Supervisor-Foreclosure (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: new connections both personally and professional to grow
Cons: industry with lay offs
Citi provided me with a great opportunity for 17 1/2 years to learn, grown and experience the ups and downs of a professional career. Having the opportunity to work with such wonderful mentors and educators who actually care made the difference.
excellent benefits
Senior Telecom Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington MinnesotaOctober 1, 2014
I was able to do a lot of work from home which helped out greatly with child care duties. I was allowed to do on the job training as well as vendor certification.
I had a great review.
Senior Branch Account Executive (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 30, 2014
Citi is a great company to work for. I enjoyed working for this company.
good work life balance
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: bonus is not comparable to other big corporate banks
good work life balance. friendly people. the ability to communicate effectively is necessary for workplace success
A great company to work for. Employees matter
Vice President of Release Management (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Citi. Management involvement was just right and employees opinions mattered.
Great teamwork environment
Conversion Account Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: all good
Tasks were repetitive but sometimes different
I learned about leasing contracts and procedures, first time in America, so I learned the value of teamwork.
Management was alright
Coworkers were great
Hardest part was to lose the job due to the credit crisis
The most enjoyable part of the job was to leave on time.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more