Citi
2,232 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

Great place to work !! but pay can be low
account Escalation Team (Former Employee), mcleansville, NcDecember 21, 2014
Pros: fun company
Cons: low pay
Presented high level customer service over the phone (inbound).
Handled the processing of new system roll outs and testing before general release.
Used negotiation and problem solving skills to resolve customer concerns.
Executed orders for new service, reschedules and saved accounts.
Regularly in the top percentile for saved accounts and customer satisfaction.
would have been a great place to retire from
Print Delivery Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2014
Pros: people, job, benefits
Cons: attitudes of co workers
I am a hard worker. The one thing I do not like is not having anything to do while at work. I love to work with people, help people. I am a team player. I love friendly competition with my co workers. I am not someone who just comes in to put his time in and grab a paycheck. The goal is getting the job done and getting it done right. I am all for making work fun and enjoyable. I have learned that the more the job is fun and exciting the more people want to be there and work hard.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 18, 2014
team work, job security, benefits, co workers, self management
Company is a good company
Machine Operator 2 (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2014
Co-workers are easy to get along with.
I have learned a lot being there. It is nice to be there, most enjoyable , being able to do my job on my own
good company while lasted
Bankruptcy Specialist III (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 17, 2014
good company but too far for me to drive to Houston every other saturday
Good benefits too many lay offs
Management (Current Employee), Urbandale, IADecember 16, 2014
Good people, lousy compensation. I have had different jobs discontinued. Benefits are good and the advancement oppurtunities are there for those who put in effort.
sales support
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYDecember 16, 2014
conduct account maintenance, process transactional requests
Productive place to be
Senior Recovery Collector (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: paid lunch and the ability to bid on better schedules
Cons: nothing stands out.
Review Email/ Schedule, customer contacts, update information, and work on any projects from management.

Improved customer service skills and learned confidentiality laws and agreements.

Management personnel were easy to reach at all times and very informative.

My co-workers were welcoming and helpful.

The most enjoyable being learning new procedures.
Productive but could be better
Compliance Officer GIU AML Investigations (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYDecember 15, 2014
Great management but too many managers, lots to learn, total self-control over your results. Not necessary to waste resources on more managers than actual employees.
Very large, sometimes complex technical environment, can be challenging (a good thing)
Project/Network Adviser/Implementer, Consultant (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 15, 2014
Learned a significant amount about Cisco and a lot about VOIP interactions: the Avaya phones, DHCP, LLDP and network configuration.
Run away, run away
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers, good pay for unskilled workers
Cons: poor communication, inconsistent management
The only positive I can give about this job is being paid every two weeks. There is a vicious cycle of incompetence. When you set a monthly goal and you don't reach it, raising the goal for the next month doesn't make sense. Upper management places unrealistic goals and expectations onto low-level management, who then have to juggle these expectations with the day-to-day realization of what is actually occurring. At some companies, this can be done well. Unfortunately, low-level management is not trained properly. When there are 5 managers and 2 of those have team members who are better prepared to be managers, something is wrong. Never mind the hypocrisy that runs rampant. When a manager can take two hour lunches but you are being admonished for going to lunch 35 seconds late, something is wrong. If you leave Citi, expect them to claim you owe them money. They will claim the money you are entitled to (unplanned time, planned time) is owed to them. Do not, under any circumstance, sign up for a bank account with them.
Fun workplace
Customer Service/Oil Account Maintenance (Former Employee), Irving TXDecember 12, 2014
Pros: enviorment
Cons: healthcare
• Utilized various systems for receiving electronic mail from Oil cardholders.
• Mailed letters to customers to resolve their various concerns.
Received, responded to and resolved customer telephone inquires about credit cards balance information, address changes, and billing questions.
• Resolved dispute to prevent third parties to pursue civil court involvement.

Education
Productive workplace
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 12, 2014
Pros: exposure to international programs
HR Specialist assisting 1 VP, 2 HR Generalist, 1 Recruiter.
Handle recruiting system.
Payroll, benefits.
Good team to work with.
Employee recognition program.
File management.
Work with Executive Management training program for International Leaders.
classy
Storage NAS Operation - VP (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJDecember 11, 2014
very good company to work with.. the infrastructure was very good.. that's good place to lift our career growth up.
great company
Vice President, AML Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, work life balance
Cons: low bonuses
I've enjoyed working with Citi. Smart employees with high standards.
Great people
Code for verifier # 24841- Manager (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDDecember 8, 2014
Pros: rec'd many gift cards for my performance and twice a year, we han meals provided.
Cons: no job security and low pay
I grew with this company and learned to love the people. You got rewarded for your efforts. The only downside was that any position can be changed by corporate decision and you would find yourself unemployed. If you are looking for job security- Citi is not the place.
Citi
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 5, 2014
HR work was all moved to Flordia or New York, Work / life balance didn't exist. Company has bounced back from mortgage crisis.
VP - Process Improvement and Automation (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: slow, hard to advance
Citi is a HUGE company, and as such, it is a perfect fit for those who thrive in corporate America's slow pace.

It is a great place to join if you're looking for a work/life balance, stability and a steady pay check.

It is not the place for you if you enjoy the hectic side of life.
Citi has the buddy system in place
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: comp
Cons: management
Worked for Citi over 20 years and wanted to branch out in the Mortgage industry so resigned on great terms. Wanted to come back a few years later with added experience and they won't even give me an interview. Citi has very poor inexperienced managers running the call center in Jacksonville Florida. Do not waste your time with this company. Check out the rep turnover rate it is extremely high.
A lifetime of experiences in a friendly department.
Senior Production Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and many learning opportunities.
Cons: exhausting hours at times.
I worked at Citi for about 15 years. In that time, I met many wonderful people who generously shared their wealth of knowledge and experience and helped form the person I am today. I owe much to them.
I learned most of what I know about computers in my time at Citi. I sharpened my communication and design skills in the Editorial department, where I spent 12 years. I learned to manage time, budgets, and resources. I became an ace expense tracker and an ingenious supply procurer in the first 3 years at Citi.
I learned to work with people from all kinds of educational and cultural backgrounds as well as many different types of personalities.
The hardest part of the job was the high-pressure deadlines at certain times of the year, and the long hours that came with those deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the people I worked with.
A typical day started early, before the markets opened, and too often ended late at night. During the course of the day, I worked with editors, financial analysts, compliance officers, print and distribution staff, and technology personnel.
My favorite part of the job included training analysts and editors in the use of the report layout template I helped create.