Citi
1,889 reviews

Citi Employer Reviews

Flexible work schedule, global touch, off-shore coordination, multicultural, cooperating co-workers and mangement
Sr. Project Manager - Delivery Management (Current Employee), MDJuly 9, 2014
Awesome Company to work for!
Quality Analyst II (Former Employee), irving, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: company lunches were provided on holidays for free
Cons: need a larger cafe
I learned so many things working for Citigroup. The opportunities are countless.
Dot Net Developer
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 8, 2014
Educational Loan Financial Management System is a web based comprehensive software package supporting Student Financial Aid Administration, Loans and Reports. The system is modular and organized to support all of the functions of the Financial Aid Office like need analysis, evaluation, packaging, notification, disbursement, funds management, tracking, – more... verification and reporting. This application completely web enabled the process of loan applying to loan repayment of a customer – less
Call Center Enviroment
Home owner support specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: helping borrowers
Cons: the time and amount of accounts you have to touch
A typical day is signing on to your workstation and calling your portfolio of 100 or more accounts and helping home owners find a solution to get them out of default.

I have learned how to navigate any situation and place borrowers in a plan to help them save or liquidate their homes

The hardest part of my job is quantity over quality. I wish there – more... were smaller portfolios and we were able to assist better to our borrowers needs

I love knowing that I can help someone out of a situation they could not help and knowing they are going to be able to move forward in life without having a mortgage situation on their shoulders. – less
Great fortune 500 hundred
System Analyst/IT Management Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2014
Citi work environment is one of the best I have worked in. I was not micromanged but I knew my manager's expectation and if I need anything from him I was able to reach out for guidance. The senior leadership is very visible and approachable.
Bad training, long hours, poor compensation
Finance Product Control Analyst (Current Employee), Getsville NYJuly 7, 2014
The training here is non existent. Its a sink or swim environment and thankless place to work. I would seriously consider making a jump to citi if you already have a decent job.
Productive Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2014
A typical day at work was collecting on past due accounts for Citi Cards. I learned various payment programs available to bring accounts current.
Call center
Account Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 6, 2014
OK job same as other call centers, supervisors are on your back and you're very micromanaged.
Chat Customer Service
Online Chat Assistance (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and start new exciting department.
Cons: chatting online with two people at once.
Great position in the company. Was able to use all of my skills in typing, computer, customer service skills and ability to help customers with problem solving needs as well as assist with disputes and testing position for Citi Company.
Limited pipeline caused relase of majority of staff
Underwriter III (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: location and flexability
Cons: limited pipeline
Great place to work, yet market down and Citi chose to release Processing and Underwriting staff in Multiple sites around the Nation.
Personally, I was advancing amongst peers... as I was asked to train and mentor peers along with complete confidential Employee loans and Audit the Decline process for the Jacksonville UW site.
Productive but with little job work/ life balance
Branch Account Executive II (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good management
Cons: bad work/life balance
Overall Citi group is a great company that works with it's employees well and offers excellent training programs to keep us up to date on all of the operations of the company.
great benefits and a good place to work
Loss Mitigation Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 4, 2014
Citi is a good place to work that provides awesome benefits. I really learned a lot during my 3 years there. Sometimes the work can be stressful and there are many changes. I really enjoyed my job.
Always challenged
SVP / Chief of Staff & Global Head of Bus. Ops (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Every day is a new challenge and new opportunity to put points on the board. I enjoy the ability to contribute across multiple disciplines and extend beyond my sphere of influence.
excellent company to work for
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee), Gray, TNJuly 2, 2014
was able to advance in my Customer service skills to include handling escalation issue with accounts. very fullfilling
At the time I was at citi they were growing the portfolio i was in and nothing was set.
Manager, Collections (Former Employee), Irving TxJuly 2, 2014
Pros: people and benefits
Cons: new department
It was very frustrating working at citi in that particular department with nothing being set and when input was given no one acknowledged it.
Great Place To Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Citibank. I developed skills that I would not had developed otherwise.
Enjoyed mentoring, training staff, meeting face to face with clients.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: able to understand needs of clients and provide solutions.
Cons: upper mgmt. could tend to over micro-manage.
Enjoyed mentoring, training staff, meeting face to face with clients.
Nice company to work for. Very diverse and excellent benefits.
Loss Mitigation/Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonus structure, cafeteria
Cons: hours and distance
A typical day was a high pace environment with monthly goals and little to no micro managing.
Productive Office Building
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free coffee, tea, hot chocolate. cafeteria in building.
Cons: understaffed for work load
While the job can be hectic and stressful at times there is plenty of work to be had. The job keeps you busy and with the ever changing environment there is always something new to be learned for people looking to build a career or maybe pick something up so they can use it in a future career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of – more... helping people in hardships, maybe they lost a job or a family member and money is getting harder and harder to come by, when someone who is days within losing their home gets a second chance to stay in there house, nothing feels better. – less
Great Benefits, however, managers never answer their phone
Collection Expert (Current Employee), Gray, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits for same, good pay and wonderful coworkers
Cons: management not answering the phone
A typical day at work would be on the phone for 8.5 hours with an hr lunch and 2 15 minute breaks. The same routine on a daily basis and great coworkers. I learned more about computers and customer service with this job. Fast typing is a must so I also got better at my speed and accuracy. I loved getting to know new people and helping other people with – more... their problems. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job would be management, the only time they actually take care of things is if you stayed on them about it and most of the time in the event of not being able to make it to work no one answered the phone or got back to you in a timely manner. – less

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more