Citi
2,422 reviews

Citi United States Employee Reviews

Citi at its best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: On site daycare, Lunch room, gym, security, bonus incentives, differential pay for late shifts.
Cons: Bt, Verbatims
This is an overall good company for the right person. A typical day is pretty much spent on the phone talking to thousands of people from around the world. I learned a great deal about interest, APR rates, Card security and how much team work is needed to have a functional banking company. Management all depends on which section you work in, some are laid back, fun and outgoing, others are strictly there to make the job about the job. Coworkers are easy to get along with and sometimes you can turn to them to ask a question if needed. The hardest part of the job is being driven to get Balance Transfer(BTs), and working the late shift. third shift or overnight shift can be very difficult. Yes balance transfers are big part of the sales job, and its what makes the bank money. Its not always easy but if you don't mind asking the same questions over and over and are quick with a mouse to navigate multiple screens, then this is the job for you. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is how open and respectable everyone is at this site no matter if it is just the janitor or the General manger of the company everyone is treated equally to the point of most of the time you don't even know that your talking to someone who has been with the company for 30 years making 6 figures a year, they all participate and volunteer at events making it very involved in the community. All in all, if you can read exactly what you see on the screen and work at a moderate pace Citi can be a great place for those who thrive in this type of environment.
Agrreed... if you like being micromanaged great place
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 24, 2015
Pros: daycare
Cons: many
The benefits and daycare discounts are great! However if you work in Fraud, you will be stuck in that department forever. The upper management is terrible! My manager has more work put on him from his manager then anyone else working there, even though he does his job well, she treats him like trash. The other managers skate by doing the minimum and were given those jobs because of who they know. Citi is a terrible place to work. I just quit working there after 12 years because I couldn't take it anymore. I was treated poorly and people who did not have experience were chosen for jobs that many seasoned reps would have been better at. All because Citi wants to save a couple bucks! I do not recommend this place to anyone! Unless you kiss a lot of rear, then you'll excel!

Also they advertise as a family friendly business.... every time my daughter was sick and I had to get her from daycare... my managers manager wouldn't let me make up the time. She has children and can leave whenever she wants! But cares about no one else!
Professional and fun.
Loss Mitigations Specialist 2 SAFE Act (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: A lot of company events and employee appreciation celebrations.
Cons: Must be able to maintain company compliance, regulations, and ethics.
A great company to work for and had a good product. A family environment, the supervisors and managers were very friendly and supportive. Fellow colleagues were great to work with. A lot of fun!
productive work place
Machine Operator 2 (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Hard working honest people. And professional work place. Great place to work. Love the 13 years that I have ben there.Happy people. My favorite parte of working is training
work at home
Customer service (Current Employee), Roy, UTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: sick time.
hardest part of the job is sitting at home with one one else around you. but other than that its a nice place to work for. a normal day is taking customer service phone calls.
Consistent and Reliable
Travel Officer (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOMarch 23, 2015
Citigroup has been very good to me since I started working for them in 2007. Citi worked with me early in my career as I was going to school full time in the morning and working the night shift each night. I started as a temp employee and 9 years later I am traveling the continental USA working with borrowers face to face to get them out of any hardship issues with their mortgage.

The company gives you room to grow and the management gives you the opportunity to develop into a better employee. While you can see many employees just log in and complete their 40 hours each week, if you have the drive, you can make a difference and receive a salary that shows your efforts.

I look forward to working at Citigroup each day but will always keep my eyes open for better opportunities.
The Worst Place I've ever worked
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: You may still be alive
Cons: Slavery
Its a slave culture. The worst, I've ever worked in. Just 4 months, couldn't last any longer, Wanted to get out of this rat hole every second of it. There are a few good people but they have gotten used to the culture. Forget about ping ping or coffee or tea etc.
The work is so haphazard and chaotic, and Pay is half the industry standard.The hours are the real slavery. more than 12 hrs a day.
I found that Citibank in Sioux Falls was accommodating and responsive to the requests both to the cardholders and banks that I worked with.
Prearbitration Representative (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: there were rewards and incentives for the workers to keep their error rate low.
Cons: i have no complaints.
A day at work at Citibank in Sioux Falls consisted of my following cases that were in dispute on credit card issues.

It also involved routing cases to various departments within the bank to be sure that the accounts were maintained properly.

At times I would be required to make direct contact with both the cardholder or the merchant bank to expedite the resolution of any disputes. I also would follow up to be sure that finance charges were properly credited and that the bank would not suffer any losses.
NA
Relationship Manager, Citigold Wealth Management (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
High Net Worth client management. Great working relationship with colleagues. Heavy turnover with management of all levels.
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Great place to work, however, not a lot of room for advancement.
If you are looking for a position in the New York area this may not be the best option for you. An abundance of positions are being outsourced.
Citi
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Gray, TNMarch 19, 2015
Citi is an excellent place to work with excellent pay,benefits,management etc. You are taught everything you need in your training in order to prove successful there. I enjoyed working there very much.
I have spent years at this company and have enjoyed my time and opportunities there. I would recommend it as a great place for long-term employment.
Collections Agent (Current Employee), Gray, TNMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at Citibank would be generally fast-paced and you learn a lot of information very quickly. Things such as credit, banking information, dispute processes, collections experience, and government-imposed legalities have been very useful to learn for use in my daily life, as well. The management, generally speaking, is the best I've found so far. The environment and co-workers I have had are mostly fantastic people and I've made a lot of friends there.

With that said, many of the jobs inside the bank *are* fast-paced and require lots of concentration and multitasking. If these things are not for you, you might want to keep them in mind before you apply. To contrast, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the great pay and benefits, secure setting, job-sustainability, and plentiful opportunities to move around (or up) within the company.
Great place to work - great benefits and opportunities
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed work environment. can work from home if need be.
Cons: not enough events to promote employee comradery.
Great company to work for. Work load is fair, plus employees are encouraged to grow within the company. Management is pretty fair and very easy to talk to.
Great Company to work for.
Operations Business Analyst Mortgage Asset Sales (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 15, 2015
Great culture, direct manager was supportive and open to new ideas. There are opportunities for growth, I enjoyed my time at First American and I would recommend working for this company.
Productive and fun work place
Ops Fraud Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: spirit points for things done well, campus is very involved in volunteer work
Cons: short breaks, manual time cards
I have been working here almost 2 years and find it very enjoyable. My supervisor is always willing to help me with any task and to advance within the company. The work environment is comfortable and enviting making every day at work a pleasant one.
Wonderful place to work with great people!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: helpful managers, great learning opportunities, in-company job options
Cons: not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Citimortgage is a great place to work. The management really listens to you, and changes are made all the time for the employees' benefit.

There is a lot of information required to work here, and you do have to learn a lot about mortgages and banking. Within customer service, we were expected to know basically everything about any kind of mortgage. But that's half the fun! If you don't want to learn, do not apply here.

The opportunities provided by citi are great, so definitely look into it!
Very progressive and inovated enviroment.
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOMarch 13, 2015
Pros: worked from home program
Cons: lack of personal traing on system uodates
Worked with loans that investors owned and CITI serviced,
Reporting on a monthly, day by day collections,
building great relationships with team, other CITI departments, especially with my investors.
good place to work
VP - Co-Team Lead/AML Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work/life
Cons: career advancement
citi is a good place to work. work/life balance is good. co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable. working environment is good. enjoy working there
Great benefits and work life balance
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no room to advance
I have worked from home for 11 months now and I love it! The money saved on gas and eating out is great. Its also convienent to be able to save a lot of sick time when school is closed or my child is sick simply because I don't have to leave work. The benefits are far better than a lot of other companies. The downside is there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement. Since we do not report to a physical site its, I am stuck in this position until either I leave or the job is discontinued. Management changed abruptly at the end of January and it really left a sour taste and a lot of distrust of upper management.
Good company that is too large and complex to avoid resizing
Managing Director, Citi Shared Services (Former Employee), Mexico CityMarch 11, 2015
Pros: salary, overall compensation and benefits, global exposure
Cons: constant right sizing, strategy confusion, lack of accountability
Huge firm where every day is full of new businesses being acquired and on the other hand spinning off non core activities and companies.
I learned almost everything on the book, from routine admin routine work to building huge operations sites across the globe.
Management is at a low point given the time it takes to get a grasp of the immense operations.
Citi grew mostly by buying company after company, there is not yet a true Citi culture, but a mix of many.
The hardest part of the job is to understand the direction for the future and aligning quickly all efforts towards that.
Its hard to find a more global bank which makes interaction, ideas, experiences, and even complexity a very enjoyable challenge every day.

About Citi

Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company – Read more

Citi Salaries