CitiBank
1,640 reviews

CitiBank Employee Reviews

Repetitive day to day job with no room for growth
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: No room for growth
I begin each day with a group huddle, to review our MTD numbers vs. our Goals. I ask for feedback from team members to share any insights, or anything that's best for the team. I review all account openings, loan paperwork, operational tactics, and communication. I see clients all day and work side by side with my team members, coaching them in a service and sales behaviors.
It was a ok place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 27, 2015
Citibank started out a good place to work till they laid off 130 employees we all got a email for a meeting and they told us them it was out last day to go pack our things .
Wasn't there long
Online Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Florence, KYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: The cafe had really good.
Cons: Management is not very understanding
I was given an occurrence because my aunt passed away and bereavement doesn't cover aunts. When you are unsure who raised who, that is not fair.
Typical to industry standards
Management (Former Employee), Long Island NYJuly 27, 2015
Large commercial bank- job stability is based on industry standards. Benefits are comparable to others in same business category.
Citi
Personal Banker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros

Citi gives the reps that wish to move up a chance to do so. You can almost always move to other departments as well. You will also work with a wide range of people. I didn't mind leaving Citi as much as I did the people i worked with.

Cons

The C in Citi stands for change. Depending on the department that you work for, most policies and procedures will change. Make sure that you pay attention to your emails and if your boss and CA are on top of their game they should let you know most of the updates
Productive and always busy evironment
Litigation Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Onsite Gym
Cons: Not enough salary
Productive and always busy environment but not very good management skills on the particular unit, but overall I did enjoyed working for them even if the pay wasn't the perfect
Was a very interesting position
AML Sr. Investigative Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working the cases, one was never the same as another. Fellow associates were great to work with. We all helped each other being it was a new department and we had no managers at the time.
fun workplace
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: none
citibank is a great place to work. there are plenty of opportunity to advance with this company. the staff that works there is great. I had a great time working here
Nice to work with Citi Bank
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: No restrictions on breaks
Cons: Health Care
Productive and fun workplace with Gyms and a very well maintained cafeteria.Improved my time management skills and also the co-workers were too friendly and environment was cool and fun to work.
A great place to work
Customer service/ sales representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2015
Assist customers with any questions or concerns they may have on their accounts
Update account information, process payments, and inform customers of new products that Citibank has to offer
Organized and comfortable workplace
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Florence, KYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Very nice work environment
Cons: Sales
My day consisted of being on the phone with customers and assisting them with any questions or problems they may have had. I learned to have patience with frustrated customers and to remain calm at all times. Management was very supportive of all employees.
Long work time, great pressure, friendly management
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Private Wealth ManagementJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Friendly and helpful Management
Cons: long time work, great pressure
I found the employees here have really great pressure and always work long time and have many meetings every day. But the working environment is good and management people are friendly and helpful.
n/a
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Danville, ILJuly 17, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
good work environment. Great opportunity for growth. CO -workers are very friendly relaxed work environment.

Management is very knowledgeable.
Great place to work to gain experience
Contractor (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: Very large company which leaves tons of room for miscommunication
Great benefits and plenty of employee appreciation. They hire several contractors to start then you may go permanent. Great place to work to expand experience and knowledge of banking industry.
was a good place to work
SBB Application Specialist II (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 15, 2015
All my time at Cititbank was very enjoyable..The jobs that I had and all the experience that I contained has helped me very much to get other jobs.
NA
Transactional Associate (Current Employee), Long Island CityJuly 15, 2015
its fine. Challenging and exciting.
i am finding the job to be stimulating and a lot of work, but i am interesting in getting into a profession that is more focused on intellectual property and entertainment law.
Fun work place
FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Not enough remote opportunities
I make sure all candidates are selected and on boarded in a timely manner. Also I want to ensure we pick the top candidates to ensure its minimum turnover.
Relaxed atmosphere, laid back, non business attire, comfortable dress.
Help Desk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Comfortable work attire, cafe on location.
Cons: Read the review.
I was hired through a temp agency. I was offered a specific starting amount, just before starting (5 days, after all paper work was completed and accepted) I was told due to Citi's mis-budgeting-my rate would be -$4.00+ lower than originally offered. Accepted the position for Help Desk/Commercial Research. Team Lead knows very little about what his subordinates do and the job processes. A lot of office drama. All temps were told they would have a decent notice, 1-2 weeks before job would terminate, or there could be an opportunity to be hired onto the company. Was told by my agency, not the company that my assignment was ending with a 2 day notice-per notification from Citi 'management'. It's unfortunate that this company is ran so unprofessionally and that NO management level could deliver the notification in person, as we see each other at least 20x on a daily basis. Glad for the opportunity to learn the business side of the position, relieved I am no longer surrounded by the office dramatics and poorly ran leadership.
Productive with strong Women Leadership
VP, Marketing Governance Program Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great pay, excellent benefits
Cons: Work life balance can be off kilter, although infrequent
This is the place to find a mentor and learn the roadmap to success for Women. Co-workers are from varied areas of finance and leadership in other companies. There are a few long standing employees that have been with the company for a long time... Not many, but these folks still exist within this company. The company is loyal to its loyal employees. Benefits are good. It's a great place to get your feet wet in the industry.
IT Support
LEGAL HOLD TECHNICIAN / IT BACK OFFICE SUPPORT (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Freedom to schedule my day--pleasnt working environment
Cons: Paperwork and aomne of the policies
I supported users at 4 physical location...2 in Northern CA and 2 in Southern CA, as well as most of the CA telecommuters. Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Asset management, troubleshooting and repair of devices from beginning to end. I used remote access to help remote users--Mostly VNC, and Lync, but occasionally I also used Remote Desktop Connection, and UNC to connect to the computers. Most of the remote user issues were with remote connection, printer installs, and computer functionality. I also built computers from the ground up (imaged them) to delivery to the customer. I was the sole support for these users. I did shipping and receiving for them, too. I performed service for anything which came in the door except for a remote server environment. They had their own help desk. I had to manage my day, including contacting users and scheduling with them. The hardest part of the job was itemizing what I had done for each of the 8 hours. I was ALWAYS busy, but trying to break down how much time I spent on a particular user in order to itemize the day was hard. Meeting the hard 3-8 hours for completion was hard with the telecommuters unless it was an easy fix. I got along very well with my co-workers, management and the users. the most enjoyable part of the job was being free to organize my day on my own. I liked the work, the people and the location. Just not the paperwork. I learned that I could fit into the role, and do a good job with minimal supervision, keeping everyone satisfied. I came in with minimal background.

1 2 3 4 5