Citicorp

Citicorp United States Employee Reviews

Big company
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: lots of meetings with lunch
Cons: lots of meetings with lunch
Easy to get lost in the crowd. Must way over-perform to get any pay increases and advancement. Bonuses are rare in the technology end of the corporation. Good healthcare plans, a bit pricey but good.
Great company to work with.
Infrastructure Sr Technical Analyst AVP (Former Employee), new castle, deFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good oppotunities for advancement
Cons: employees benefits package as downgrade a lot.
This is a good company with an excellent environment for employees. it offers many opportunities for advancement, always support employees that want to continue education o sharpens skills
Productive and a fun job
Public Sector Transaction Service Rep (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: fun place to work for
Cons: getting quota in for passports for the day
Typical day-Reviewing passports for submission

What I learned-A lot that goes into getting a passport

Management-Overall great

Co-workers-Fun to work for, looked forward to going to work

Hardest part of job-Making sure passports were correct for submission to QA

Enjoyable part of job-Management included everyone whether you were a temp or contractor or permanent employee
Temp in Training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDFebruary 4, 2015
I was working for a temp agencies filing in while a full time Citi employee was on maternity leave. The employee took 6 months leave and decided not to come back to the position so I was able to apply and get hired on directly.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay!
Cons: they lied about hiring me when my temp contract was up.
This was a temp job working for the President and Vice President of the company. I was told that I would be hired permanently when my contract ended, but I wasn't. No one ever spoke to me about it, I just went to work one day and didn't have computer access anymore. From what I understand, they always tell temps they will hire them in order to keep them, then when that contract is up, they hire another temp in order to avoid having to provide benefits. Very disappointing.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2014
Pros: onsite cafe
Cons: short breaks
Working at Citi Bank USA was a great opportunity to learn and grow within a large corporation.As a customer service rep I spoke with about 200 clients in a day over the phone in regards to there accounts.
Enjoye what i did, just didn't like the over night shift
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: loved keying
Cons: over night shift
The job let me showcase my skills as an data entry operator. Able to perform my duties professionally. The job required confidentiality as I dealt with business to business accounts.
Steady reliable job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: it was ok...moved to austin
I handled customer service issues on a daily basis.
Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers problems. Determined charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
Great atmosphere
Sr Licensing and Contracting Specialist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 3, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: hard to get out of the city when it snows
I looked forward to going to work every day.
great people
great history
Fraud Early Warning Analyst/Customer service (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice people to work with
Cons: work weekends, work holidays, work nights
a typical day consisted of answering phones, and assisting callers with problems with their credit cards. I learned a lot working at citi. They had a very formal training that was adequate to teach you how to perform you job duties. co workers were amazing.
productive and great place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: parties, free snacks and lunch, fun outings and other enjoyable events
Cons: great healthcare plan and two breaks daily
Customer service, file, process mail, post payments, deactivate credit cards, image documents, deliver mail, shred, slice mail and other related duties.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: no alarm clock
Cons: crazy working hours
Two administrative assistant work for 23 individuals, so you can see it's very busy department, because I'm single & young I really enjoy it very much working hard, every day go by so fast. A lot of time we had to work until 2 am the next morning we have to be there 8 am, because it's my second city job so I didn't know any better, I saw bank is always like that. Everyone get along & also help each other all the time so you didn't really care how late you will work 'til. Because the crazy working hour, after this job I'm train my system every morning will wake up 5 am, now matter how late I go to sleep. Too bad the company relocated.
Awesome supportive company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMAugust 13, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity to advance
Cons: typical lack of compensation in the banking industry
Citi offers endless opportunities to get differnt flavors of the "citi" brand.
Citi provides a fun, upbeat and innovative work enviroment.
Online Live Chat/Tech Support (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MarylandJuly 10, 2014
Pros: games, appreciation, celebrations, charities, fun/hip atmosphere
Cons: compensation
Assisting card members with technical support issues and website navigation via online Chat as well as in-depth card account servicing.

I've learned that innovation and change are keys to success in our ever evolving workplace. It's important to meet the needs and standards of clients. By keeping with the latest trends i.e. implementing online assistance to card member's we've narrowed the playing field for our competitor's.

The management at Citi are advocates for their team member's. I've had several managers at Citi and all have been personable and understanding. While giving the firm push that we all need sometimes to make goals and set the bar higher once those goals are met.

Being a new department in Citi that started off as a pilot with just my team, we have become more like a family. Our bond and mutual respect for one another make us a force to be reckoned with when meeting division goals and competing with other teams.

The hardest part of my job is having to tell a card member that I cannot assist them due to security limitations of an online venue. Although this does not happen often, certain confidential account information should not be discussed or entered through a virtual forum. Having to advise a card member to call in makes me feel as though I did not perform my job duty in providing service online.

I enjoy being able to provide clarity to many who are not Internet or financially savvy on a daily basis. When a customer is left feeling well informed and more knowledgeable after speaking with me I feel a sense of accomplishment.
Typical Day at the Job
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee), McLeansville, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits, strong management
Cons: stressful
Working with Citicorp is fast paced and demanding. On a typical day you are working dialer related jobs and also taking inbound calls. You must have a very strong work ethic and also keep up with constant procedural changes. You also must help locate non contact customers,solve problems with accounts and most importantly to help the customer in any way possible while helping the bank maintain it's assets. I learned to work fast but also to keep in mind that the customer comes first and should always be treated with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of satisfaction received by actually helping customers solve their financial problems
Large Financial Services Organization
Accounting (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: limited opportunities
Day to day planning, budgeting, and analysis. Very busy workload in peak times of the year such as month end closings, etc. Similar to most financial organizations.
Phone Services
Credit Card Fraud Representative (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 28, 2014
10 hr shifts on the phone as a fraud representative.

Learned a lot about Fraud Rings and how to detect fraud on credit cards.

The co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job, hardest part of the job is dealing with some difficult customers.
Positive place to work beautiful building great break room and lunch room .
Senior account Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2014
Pros: great team environment open communication great work environment.
Cons: changing goals and adptation to those statistics required.
Indirect supervision able to work independently although stats were often changeable. Team work environment very positive. Open door communication with managers and upper management. Signed into your system and began taking or making calls resolving issues as able including correspondence and resolution that was a win win situation.
Rewarding employment
Digital Technology Analyst & Strategist (Current Employee), Meridian, IDJune 17, 2014
Pros: reimbursed college tuition
Cons: silo-ed at times
Excellent benefits and room for advancement. Opportunity for remote workers.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Representative Home Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2014
Worked with customers advising them on their account balances.

1 2 3