CitiTrends

CitiTrends Employee Reviews

hated it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 16, 2015
worst job ever mean bosses not enough breaks short shifts , lots of frieght , rude customers , not enough hours , minimum pay it was just soo bad the wort ever
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barnwell, SCMay 15, 2015
Pros: one hour breaks, positive surrounding
Cons: allot of shoplifting
A typical day at work would be opening dressing rooms every two minutes, making credit card transactions, and setting up layaway's. I have learned allot more about color coordination and different types of brands. My co-workers are pleasant, easily to get along with , and very respectful. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i give customers ideas and they take it satisfied as ever.
Does not pay for the labor they want you to do.
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers.
Cons: Bad management.
Citi Trends is by far the worst place I have worked. The management had nasty attitudes, they barely gave any hours, and they wasn't team leaders.
awesome job
sales associates (Former Employee), indianapoisMay 12, 2015
Pros: you get hours
Cons: no employee discounts only once a month
its the easiest job ever but trust they will work you but if you do your job managers will give u lots of hours. no lie you have wonderful customers and some that are so rude. but its by fazr a great job and can be a lot of fun. the sad things we don't get a regular discount only once a month n that's just 2days only and you don't get benefits if you part time like health or dental
Fun Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great managment
Cons: Not enough employes
A typical day would be clocking in, Counting cash drawer when opening store. Hanging clothes on hanger to put on the floor for customers. Giving customer advise on new trends.
Great place for a first job. Gives excellenct training for new employees. Great staff teamwork.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Long break times and generosity of management for days needed off.
Cons: Long Sunday shifts with very early morning breaks and no afternoon breaks.
A typical day of work would include unboxing shipment that had been received and putting new merchandise out onto the floor during the daytime hours. During the afternoon and evening hours we would recover the store from that days customers and make sure everything was in order for the next business day.
I learned how to give excellent customer service and how to communicate with my co-workers and the customers we would have come into the store.
The management was great. They were very easy to talk to and express concerns or praise for different things that would happen in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was doing an excellent recovery after an extremely rough day of a never ending customer stream that would mess up the store pretty bad.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make friends with my co-workers and our very frequent customers that would come in.
Busy
Junior Network Administrator (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Experience and Exposure
Cons: Promotion options, health care, work-life balance
For the entire Citi Trends environment there are only 4 network administrators, and if you divide up the numbers you have one administrator for every six hundred and twenty five end users. Network administrators at Citi Trends' were responsible for more than just networks and their respective services. Were we responsible for all end user equipment, but also services such as email.

What I have enjoyed most about working at Citi Trends is the exposure I have received working with dozens of different systems, switches, routers, and services. This exposure has left me with a broad range of experience that would be difficult to gain at organizations of similar or larger size.
Very Productive but Hard
West Floyd Baker Boulevard (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Customers Attitudes, Employee help, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Bi-weekly pay, hours
It is a wonderful job but yet it has its ups and downs like all jobs but I have enjoyed my time there with wonderful coworkers
Flexbility
Works as cashier and layaway associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 1, 2015
Overall good company to work for being a parent and full time student, with a very relaxed atmosphere. Great way to build up customer service experience
i don't recommend this for store managers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCApril 28, 2015
the company do not have the proper guidelines in place to protect of advance development in their management. It was not a fun experience working for this company
Keeps you busy!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAApril 28, 2015
Pros: 35 min break when you work 6+ hours, associate discount days, clearance items can be put on layaway
Cons: $7.25 is not enough pay for what associates do.
There is always something to do, which I enjoy. I do not like a lot of down time. As a Sales Associate you keep the front area neat, periodically check on dressing rooms, ring up sales, hang merchandise, return items to floor. It's a lot of work because the associates and management do EVERYTHING. Other stores have cashiers, merchandising, and back room associates. No such thing here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 24, 2015
Store Manager showed favoritism that is the main reason why I left the company. This is not my first retail company I have worked for I have worked for Kmart Family dollar and aafes and never had to deal with favoritism.
Cititrends Review
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee), Monroe, NCApril 24, 2015
A typical day there would be putting new freight out on the floor by categories and operating register if you were on that duty. Greet everyone that walks through the door and constantly answering the phone. The store managers were very unfair giving associates the days they requested off, as when the day would approach they would claim to forget and then deny request the day before or call you in the day of claiming their own emergencies. However, the associate team was awesome.
great time with customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dillon, SCApril 17, 2015
The best thing about working here was the customer interaction. The worst thing about working here was the store manager at the time of my employment.
citi trends
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: fun and exciting. meet new people. getting to help customers.
Cons: benefits.management, breaks.
my typical day at citi trends was always something new,or a new area of clothing or how to market it.the job of sales associate was a great start to my employment portfolio.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2015
My co workers were not really team players. Not really professional. Not sure if I would ever work in retail again. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there. Still was working with the public and helping them , that's what I liked most about the job.
alright
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2015
the people weren't always welcoming
the managers were cool though.
the coworkers were cool as well.
but they were very unorganized.
and the CEO of the company is very ruude
Do NOT work for this company
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Coworker Interactions, Good Customers
Cons: Pregnancy discrimination, Clothing and Accessories, Upper Management, Caring for Almighty Dollar
When I was there, our manager was placed out of work for lengthy period of time and they would not let us bring in anyone during the busiest part of the year(Christmas time) until AFTER we had gone through the craziness of the season. Also, don't get pregnant and have complications because you will be gone out the door as soon as possible. I was having contractions while preforming markdowns and yet all upper management cared about was if something wasn't merchandised.... not about their employee's health.
All they care about is the all-mighty dollar and not about their employees. If they really cared about their employees, they would have better working security system. They would employ more people to watch for people stealing. They would prosecute more people for stealing instead of having such a messed up policy that you can't do a thing about the thief. They would rather blame employees of stealing instead of believing that "customers" are stealing them blind. I have never worked for such a horrible company in my life. This place is just not worth the time and effort that was given to them.

Also, the clothes for the most part are not good. You wash them twice and they already have holes coming through the clothes. Upper Management will make you put moldy clothes on the racks because she doesn't want to lose money. The shoes that would come in would sometimes have mold on them or would be covered with stuff on them and we would be made to clean off the shoe to put them on the shelves! Is this the kind of company that cares about their image? I think not.
TEEN JOB
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: MEETING NEW PEOPLE
Cons: ALOT OF THEFT
NICE JOB BUT THE PAY IS NOT THAT GOOD, ITS A URBAN STORE SO ITS NO DIVERSITY, YOU GOT TO PLAY EVERY ROLE IN THERE INCLUDING SECURITY
Social Workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Laplace, LAApril 13, 2015
Citi Trends is a workplace for people who are friendly and willing to communicate with customers at every minute. It requires a lot of energy and focus.

1 2 3 4 5