CitiTrends

CitiTrends United States Employee Reviews

citi trends
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: fun and exciting. meet new people. getting to help customers.
Cons: benefits.management, breaks.
my typical day at citi trends was always something new,or a new area of clothing or how to market it.the job of sales associate was a great start to my employment portfolio.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2015
My co workers were not really team players. Not really professional. Not sure if I would ever work in retail again. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there. Still was working with the public and helping them , that's what I liked most about the job.
alright
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2015
the people weren't always welcoming
the managers were cool though.
the coworkers were cool as well.
but they were very unorganized.
and the CEO of the company is very ruude
Do NOT work for this company
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Coworker Interactions, Good Customers
Cons: Pregnancy discrimination, Clothing and Accessories, Upper Management, Caring for Almighty Dollar
When I was there, our manager was placed out of work for lengthy period of time and they would not let us bring in anyone during the busiest part of the year(Christmas time) until AFTER we had gone through the craziness of the season. Also, don't get pregnant and have complications because you will be gone out the door as soon as possible. I was having contractions while preforming markdowns and yet all upper management cared about was if something wasn't merchandised.... not about their employee's health.
All they care about is the all-mighty dollar and not about their employees. If they really cared about their employees, they would have better working security system. They would employ more people to watch for people stealing. They would prosecute more people for stealing instead of having such a messed up policy that you can't do a thing about the thief. They would rather blame employees of stealing instead of believing that "customers" are stealing them blind. I have never worked for such a horrible company in my life. This place is just not worth the time and effort that was given to them.

Also, the clothes for the most part are not good. You wash them twice and they already have holes coming through the clothes. Upper Management will make you put moldy clothes on the racks because she doesn't want to lose money. The shoes that would come in would sometimes have mold on them or would be covered with stuff on them and we would be made to clean off the shoe to put them on the shelves! Is this the kind of company that cares about their image? I think not.
TEEN JOB
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: MEETING NEW PEOPLE
Cons: ALOT OF THEFT
NICE JOB BUT THE PAY IS NOT THAT GOOD, ITS A URBAN STORE SO ITS NO DIVERSITY, YOU GOT TO PLAY EVERY ROLE IN THERE INCLUDING SECURITY
Social Workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Laplace, LAApril 13, 2015
Citi Trends is a workplace for people who are friendly and willing to communicate with customers at every minute. It requires a lot of energy and focus.
Exciting
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit,MIApril 10, 2015
It is nice but the customers can be a little messy. I get along with my coworkers and managers very well. I would recommend someone to work there
Very productive place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: rude costumers
Working there was not a bad experience. I learned a lot about the retail business. A typical day at work is hanging inventory and helping costumers with anything they need help with. The most enjoyable thing about citi trends are the different people you met everyday.
Good position, not so good management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2015
Pros: great high volume, and conflict resolution experience
Cons: upper management and being afraid to walk to your car at night
This position was great for experience in a higher volume retail store, but the store that I worked at upper management gave you unrealistic tasks and expected lower management to complete them. It was a very stressful position, and being in an urban area, with high shrink, and high possibility for conflict made it even more stressful.
Fun job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 6, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: poor management
The management is so poor. Some coworkers are not willing to help out. Customers are very rude. Standing for long periods of time.
No Flexibility
CLOTHING SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Hinesville, GAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction
Cons: Little to no flexibility
Assisting customers and working the sales floor. Management offered little flexibility in hours or days off , even if told more than a week in advance. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow co workers.
review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 1, 2015
I enjoy where I work at. it is long and repetitive but you can make it fun. The people are willing to work with you and all they ask is that you pull your weight and be courteous. There will be some harsh days where you might wish to let out your anger, but this job ask you not too. It is a good step into the working world as you will have to deal and meet with many different personalities.
NOT MUCH ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT BUT FUN PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part about this job was interacting with the customer and helping them find attire to fit their personality and style. Being able to combined different personalities into one working environment that was in fashion but i managed.
not enough pay short hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), waukegan ilMarch 31, 2015
i did not enjoy my experience working for citi trends in wauken il. their very unprofessional you do not get enough hours and they start you off at making 8.25
outstanding
Store Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: no respect for store manager
overall day is to give customer service all the time. Good friendly atmosphere. Busy days and slow days. Management and co- workers hard to find hard reliable workers. Hardest part is being under staff and its busy.
Very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMarch 26, 2015
Come in, count the money in whatever register you are to be on. Afterwards, go to the back and put 4 boxes onto a cart and roll it to wherever the manager wanted you to be. Start unloading the boxes and putting the clothes on the hangers, sensor them (if needed), and placed in the correct section of the store. At the same time, eyes were to be at the front where the registers were. If a customer is ready to check out, you have to stop what you're doing to help that customer. Additionally, you had to have done 4 boxes in an hour, and continue to work on more boxes until you can leave. Also had to assist customers with whatever they needed help with. All this together was stressful. If you didn't work on your boxes fast enough you would get in trouble. Felt like the pay should've been a little more if there was THAT much work to do

Co-workers all got along, except with the store manager. She didn't want us to really converse with each other while working, and she wasn't very nice.
it was ok
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 26, 2015
take care of every task for the day..i learned how to manage a store..co-workers were great.mangement were ok.most enjoyable part of the job was the peolpe
Material Handler
Material Handling Clerk (Former Employee), Muldrow, OKMarch 24, 2015
Packaged up materials to ship to businesses. Loaded a 53 ft. trailer and ran an assembly line. Checked packages to be shipped to make sure all materials were correctly packaged.
ok job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), union city georgiaMarch 19, 2015
like working with people
like helping people
the hardest part was being on my feet all day
love my co workers the made the job fun
Typical work day
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ocala, FlMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no room for growth
A typical work day is basic, no room for advancement. I enjoy working with my co-workers, however the hardest part of the job is knowing you are working you very best and you still feel unappreciated by management and the company.

1 2 3 4 5