CitiTrends

CitiTrends Employer Reviews

Learning experience
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee), indyFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: some management keep up to much drama
My day consists of making sure all associates are giving the best customer service to each and every customer regardless of their attitude. I've learned a lot from my previous store manager thats no longer with the company because of their lack of support when it comes to the rude customers we get in the store. She has taught me how to run the store and always be the best store at all times regardless. I am promotable but the company see when you do your job so well they try and keep you at that level.My job isn't hard at all i work through all the challenges that are thrown at me. i do enjoy my part time employees i treat them the way they deserve to be treated and thats why they work very hard for me.
Productive and fun company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Citi Trends is a enjoyable workplace. My employees and customers give me a good reason to get up everyday to open the store. I have learned by saying a simple hello to a customer can brighten up their day.
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henderson, NCFebruary 21, 2015
its a overall good work place.good environment good people.hardest part was customers sometimes but it is not hard to deal with at all
Clinical
Store manager (Former Employee), Lexington MsFebruary 19, 2015
I was hired on as Temporary through my externship for Phleboitomy Tech. I really enjoyed working in the medical field. I performed venipunctures separated specimes and processed lab orders. I also had great experience in the Medical Record department also.
social enviroment
Sales Associate/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), ann arborFebruary 17, 2015
What I learn from working at CitiTrends was that you have to take responsibility as an adult and how to make professional decisions without any help.
Citi Trends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 14, 2015
It is more for a younger part timer that is in college and wants to make some extra money for extra activities wanted in early 20's or teens.
Horrible Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: pay, raises, schedule, no benefits
A typical day would be putting out freight and assisting customers. Counting down registers. Management was horrible. Co-workers were fun to be around. Hardest part of the job was being told to run after customers that were stealing. There wasn't an enjoyable part to this job. I didn't learn anything.
Citi Trends is a challenging company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: payroll hours allowed
I worked for Citi Trends for a year. It was a great learning experience. I learned how to motivate and lead a variety of personalities. Team work was imperative to being efficient. I learned how to build a strong team.
Nice job if you only plan on moving up once if that.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee), Covington, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: learn about merchandise, meet nice customers
Cons: no break lunch at times, overworked, not always flexible, changing schedules randomly
Its a big store but always staffed lightly which has its issues.
Lack of men to balance the culture.
I've learned there is a real lack of cooperation after being here for years and the ones who work hard get overworked.
Management is deceitful in how people are cared for and treated.
Co-workers you have your ones who work hard, your ones who don't care, and your ones who make it hard.
Hardest part I can't move up anywhere but manager and there are days you won't get a break or lunch.
Most enjoyable is when most of us work together to work on inventory and can work in unison.
A Standard Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), ocala, flFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: when we work holidays the company gives money for lunch
Cons: very time consuming
I do Love my co-workers. However I do not like the hours of operation. The days are so long no matter when you work. Managers have to work every weekend. There is also to much responsibility for the workers and not enough acknowledgment.
n/a
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Savannah,GaJanuary 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for these companies. But there no advancement available. I also needed more money and more hours. And they could not provide me with either.
Good for obtaining some retail experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: promotion from within if you prove yourself
Cons: low pay, unprofessional store management, cheap, unruly customers
I started as a sales associate and was quickly promoted to 2nd Assistant Manager. Now I am over the entire Kids Department and am responsible for weekly Markdowns on Sundays and Mondays. I also handle Returns & Exchanges, determine whether discounts are necessary, open and close the store, do daily paperwork, and other managerial duties in addition to processing freight and stocking the sales floor.

This was my first job in retail so I do appreciate what I've learned by working here, even though nearly everything I've learned has been self-taught. We opened a new location and received hardly any training. I also received minimal training when I was promoted. So whenever I did anything wrong, I was treated rudely and unfairly, considering the fact that I was unaware of certain policies and procedures.

My store manager is unqualified and unprofessional. She does not like to communicate between other managers and sales associates, which is very important to success.

To be honest, this is an OK place to START if you've never had any retail experience. But if you're like me and have dreams for a professional fashion retail career, this is NOT the place to be. They hire almost anyone and don't pay nearly enough.

Our 1st assistant manager gets paid $10/hr and she does the same duties as I do except her department is the Men's Department (which is a bit smaller than my department) and instead of Markdowns, she is responsible for calling customers about their Layaway Payments.

I am of course the 2nd Assistant Manager. I get paid only $8.50/hr.

We have recently acquired a 3rd assistant manager (at least that's what they told her, but she is only a keyholder), who began working only a few months ago but is being paid $9/hr. She's responsible for the Plus Department which is really small.
Exciting fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 28, 2015
Working at Citi Trends can be fun but challenging at times. I learned how to work with all kind of people and to never judge anybody because everyone has a story. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many different cultures of people and being able to relate to them on some level.
fun work place
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee), Garfield Heights, OHJanuary 26, 2015
In the beginning it felt like a family but due to budget cuts it became more stressful and strenuous on the associates along with the managers. It became a place that I wouldn't stay away from to a place I just wanted to stay away from!
Safe place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no free lunch.
Love working and meeting new people. Organize and clean store. Able to communicate with management if there were any problems.
fun and great starter
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: lots of employees needed help
great starter for employment history
long term learning curve
always room for promotion
six month employee review and raises
fun environment
management was good
a day at work
sales associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay raise, free lunch, gift cards
Cons: low pay rate, not enough working hours
a typical day at work may involve working on shipment on performing any much needed task as instructed. Management overall lacked stability. Each individual should be able to work together as a team rather than against one another. However while working in an environment such as this someone like myself learns how to keep a thick skin and to not allow things to bother me. I learned how to pace myself but to also be able to get over the needed amont of work finished. A team player is someone who i have better become
management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2015
great customer service and loving my job, I have nothing bad to say about Citi TREND. I love helping my wonderful customers. I just love the how the business was running.
It WAS A FUN PLACE I ENJOY WORKING THERE
Asst. Manager / Sales Associate (Former Employee), MARSHALL,TXJanuary 14, 2015
I LIKE THE JOB BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO CUSTOMER FIND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR
Easy going workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day would be, working as a cashier. You take out merchandise from boxes, open the dressing rooms, and clean the area you're working in. I learned that you have to be quick or the customer will get upset. Management needs work, they tell you to do 3 things at once. The hardest part of the job would have to be the environment, and that no one is clear about what they want to be done. The enjoyable part is that we can joke around.

1 2 3 4 5