CitiTrends

CitiTrends Employee Reviews

alot of theft in store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks
• Greeted customers and determined their needs and wants
• Discussed type, quality and number of merchandise required for purchase
• Recommended merchandise based on individual requirements
• Advised customers on utilization and care of merchandise
• Provided advice to clients regarding particular products or services
• Explained the use and advantage of merchandise to customers
• Answered customers? queries and concerns
• Showed the live working of merchandise
• Quoted prices and discounts as well as credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
its cool sometimes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: short breaks
the manager is super cool its a fun place to work and the people are nice. the breaks arent that long and it can get very busy on weekends and during holidays.
Going to lunch out of the store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAJune 28, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: everything about it.
Its a hard place to work because its all about putting it on the floor in any manor. I didn't learn anything and the people were back stabbers. Management had no one's back and would sell you down the river in a minute. Co-works were phony and the hardest part was dealing with them. the most enjoyable part was leaving. The customers are Ghetto and so are the workers.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Harvey, LAJune 25, 2015
Pros: promotional growth
Cons: n/a
Always promotional growth, but along with that type of growth comes more hours. It takes away from your personal life depending on the time of year. Sometimes it may be required to work 65-70 hours oer week. You have to be 100% dedicated to maintain and be productive as a store manager. It has its benefits as well. Overall I like being a store manager.
Michigan's Adventure
CASHIER/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Muskegon, MiJune 23, 2015
Pros: Food
Cons: No discounts inside of park
This was a hectic job. I worked here as an adult, and I worked 12 hour days sometimes 7 days a week, depending on how much I wanted to work. It is not a terrible job, but it is only seasonal and the management staff treats you as if you're disposable.
to make a long story short , I wouldn't tell people to apply here .
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Killeen,TxJune 22, 2015
Pros: discounts, paid holidays
Cons: The Store Manager was very very unprofessional, the lunches where to short, not enough associates to work the store
Greeting my customers, finding the product that met my customers wants, making sure all questions are answered and checking assisting with merchandise.Freight- Hanging and price checking making sure everything is in place to go out on the sales floor. Safety Team- Conduct was to maintain a work safe environment to my fellow associates and customers. Phone Operator/Fitting Room Associate- Answer all incoming calls while assisting customers with cloths and having very strong phone etiquette. My co-workers is what made my days easier because the store manager wasn't very helpful at all and always starting drama between associates or continuing drama between them.
great place to work
Auditor (Former Employee), Roland, OKJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: Not enough vacation days
I really enjoyed working at this warehouse! they are pretty strict but to a point. Everyone there is pretty out going and friendly. I learned a lot from working here!
Okay job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), miamiJune 20, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: low pay, hours, management
The people you work with, make or break your experience. There is a lot of drama. You do not necessarily get days off, manager will call you into work at anytime even of you are off and this happens all the time.
Co -workers were nice though.
A business that kept me busy
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 19, 2015
I loved working there with new faces everyday. It was busy and kept me doing things. I liked being in charge because its only two workers in the mornings, the manager and the employee.
fun work enivornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Decatur.gaJune 18, 2015
Citi Trends is an very fashionable place to work excellent customer who loves to shop its an very fun experience as far as fashion
Its a okay company
General Manager (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 16, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Pay
I really don't have any bad to say about this company I just believe if you work hard you should get paid for your work.
Management was okay just over worked there employees. The co workers was good. The hardest part about the job was the long hours.
The good part was the customers.
Fun Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio TxJune 15, 2015
Its a fun place to work but pay is not great my guess is due to having very many store locations. As for having a life with the job as long as you request the days off (that doesn't mean you are going to get them) u could have a life. Plus it all depends on your store manager its a great place to be a sales associate as long as you are not looking to live off of the job. The only good thing from the job is the people you work with.
Very busy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shelby, NCJune 13, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, one hour lunch breaks
Cons: Long work hours, no weekends off
A typical day working at Cititrends would be a combination of running the registers, signing and filing paperwork, doing freight, taking out trash, assisting customers, answering phones and meeting deadlines. Of the two years i have been there i learned that management and being a sales associate is very different and has different responsibilities. When i first started in management i had a couple of associates that didn't understand my job duties and cause problems but were later resolved. Everyone employed at Cititrends treats one another like family and works well together. The hardest part of this job is dealing with shoplifters. But for the most part i enjoy our everyday customers and working with people who make the job fun.
Brilliant workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), district heightsJune 11, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: few hours
I was a cashier/sales representative. I helped people find their clothing of choice. When not at the register I cleaned the store. I also put up shipment we were given weekly.
wonderful workplace Horrible head stroe manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 3829 Hwy 138 SE, Stockbridge, GA 30281June 9, 2015
Citi Trends is a great equal opportunity workplace. I stayed there for over a year and would have stayed longer if it weren't for manager Lashelle Shorter.
DRAMA
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: I found out that CIti Trends existed
Cons: Everything else, especially the pay
This job has way to much drama between the employees and management. Hours were not good. The DM would only you to at max 29 hours and that was if you were lucky. Never really got any days off, if you had a "day off" they would call you in you.There are no benefits, pay is horrible. The only was you can advance is if someone leaves.
Unorganized
1st Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 8, 2015
Pros: I learned how to merchandise clothes
Cons: Management is unorganized store to work with no advancement opportunities available.
Clothing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
I ran the cash register. I learned how to process inventory, and organize clothes. I also counted money. I cleaned the store. This job was very overwhelming but i got the job done and enjoyed it. I love helping others.
I worked very hard, I was flexable, and tolerable of various situations
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJune 2, 2015
Cons: ungreatful for the time invested in company and does not care about the customers
This would have been an awesome place to work for me for the time being. But the store manager had a serious attitude problem. He was unprofessional and did not care about the attitude that he gave the customers. He would constantly argue with the customers and would not meet the customers demands or requests. He was always pressuring us with hard work loads that even him, himself could not complete. Like redoing the whole shoe and ladies clothing department in one day, while working with customers,taking vendor orders and deliveries, while dealing with the police and customers over theft. He himself could not do this at least not in one day. He would often talk negative about the employees behind their backs and it got to the point where the workers would not do what the mangers say because of this, we would tell him and nothing would get done. The store close at 9 but we would not get out of there until midnight or later because he wanted the store spotless, but he would not help he would just leave before his scheduled shift was over, all the time.Just a lot of hogwash and chaos.
productive and busy day
Manager (Current Employee), indianapolis, IndianaJune 2, 2015
Pros: exercise, learning
Cons: not every employee takes their job as serious as I would like
count cash registers in, file paperwork, assign employees, send emails, start shipment, work on customer service, organize store, recover store.
We are always on a deadline so shipment is a must do every day. Its also the hardest. Regardless of the amount of customers we have we still are required to do a certain amount of shipment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers that become regulars. Its nice to see people come back cause you gave them a good experience.
I enjoy being a manager because I get to teach. I enjoy that look of understanding someone gets when they accomplish something.

CitiTrends Salaries