CitiTrends Employee Reviews in United States

I love the hours
QUILTY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCJanuary 20, 2016
The work is easy and hours are great just needed more pay and have more communiation with your employee's we need to have more people who will to show others how a "family " company should be run
Pros
WE ONLY GETS 30 MINS
Cons
NEED A HOUR BREKS
Fun and face paced retail store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lufkin TXSeptember 30, 2015
While working at Citi Trends, I found this company to be very interesting. I had the opportunity to work with customers and to see all of the nice apparel that the company sold. I had to opportunity to move items around to different stores if the item was not selling in my store. The management staff there was nice and fun to work with. What I learned while working at Citi Trends was how to do employee hiring, background checks, work with the security system, the daily opening and closing procedures, and howto use a handheld to check in freight. There hardest part about working at Citi Trends was having to deal with the shoplifters. The most enjoyable part of the job was rearranging store to make it look nice to the customer.
A nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 16, 2016
Working at CitiTrends was a very good learning experience. The job is mostly for young adults who only have themselves to support. Your get to see all the latest fashions before anyone else.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
not safe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 2, 2015
love working there because of staff
but management is not very understanding
and view you as replaceable
and does not respect your life by not having proper security
I was robbed twice and nothing was done about but I continue to work for the company
good job men or young teens but if you have a family I do not recommend because your under paid and your safety is at risk
Pros
managment
Cons
co workers
productive and fun work place
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day for me was to check my e-mail and check on all paper works. Making sure everything was up to company standards. Made sure all management and associate gave excellent customer service.
Keeps you busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2015
Interesting company. It is not a job to make a career out of seeing as though there are NO benefits to the job (i.e employee discounts, etc.). I have worked with the company over a year and have been getting minimum wage for a 20 hour week. The best part about the company is that they will work with your busy schedule outside of work.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits for strenous work
it's a place start with but not a work place to rely on
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2016
bad treament of employee in terms of allocating hours of work. thay never appreciate good workers and tends to make the work harder than it is
ok
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 3, 2016
Its OK for a young person in high school. The hardest part is recovering the store after a tornado of people came through.
Cons
no health care, barely a discount, small raises, need second job to live
A typical day
Cashier, Floor Monitor, Stock (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoy working at Citi Trend. The customer service is great and I would recommend this job to anyone. A typical day includes greeting customers, maintain a clean environment and assist in any way possible.
do not work there!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2015
they do not give anything, they are minimal wage, and work you to the bone. After working there I found out from talking to one of the managers that when the district managers blame them for the thing that go bad, they blame it all on the workers.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, over works you, no benifits
Retail business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 19, 2015
A typical day with this company may become challenging. I've learned how to conduct myself in uncomfortable situations. I was apart of mangement and goals were met. My co-workers were friednly for the most part. The hardest part was dealing with the multitude of customers but was worth it. I enjoyed the ability to put a smile on a customers face.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Company is good to work for
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 10, 2015
Fun and fast paced store with supportive management and corporate offices. Incentives to meet goals and maintaining policies. Customer base was decent with little issues. I loved the visual merchandising part of the job as well as assisting customers with putting looks together and accessorizing. Turn over with sales associate was growing as hours were cut, but that was to be expected.
Pros
quarterly discounts on all merch, flexible schedule when fully staffed. shortened hours or closed on all holidays
Cons
little to no breaks when short staffed, no discount on regular basis due to being a discount store.
It sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 9, 2015
I can start off by saying, the most enjoyable part about working there was meeting the people and pretty much being the first to see the new clothes. The worst part was everything else, the management team... horrible. They expect you to be flexible even if you have other things to do that a little more important than working there for a couple hours. And the hours REALLY suck. If you're trying to make a living by working, Citi Trends isn't the place to be. But if you want to earn a little check to keep gas in your car and MAYBE eat out, this job may or may not be for you. Most of all, the management sucks. They are the ones who really make you not wanna work there.
Pros
bonding with the customers
Cons
little to no hours, rude management
Productive workplace
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 4, 2016
It has a nice environment with friendly employees. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everyone to get along. Everyone done their best to pitch in to make the store look like it was supposed to.
Poor work enviornment
Assisant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCSeptember 9, 2015
My experience at Citi Trends did not go as well as expected. I think this was more on a personal level more than professional. There was hardly any team work so it kind of seemed like everyone was for self. I'm convinced that the team was wrong for the company and we could have found alternate ways to run the store
Pros
A chance to earn an income. Affordable clothing
Cons
No leadership No team work
Little room for upward mobility
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 26, 2016
I didn't feel that moving up in this company was possible as hard as I tried. I hope things a better for those that are working with the company currently.
Citi trends
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 1, 2015
Citi trends is a good company for quick advancement if you work good, the company in general though has a lot of things wrong with them, they are selfish as far as when an employee needs time off for their personal reasons, they expect your whole entire life to revolve around this company, they definitely are not a good company to work for if you have a family. There pay compensation for 2nd assistants is decent but they should offer more pay for the first assistants considering the workload amount. Also raises arent given yearly like they should be.
Pros
QUICK ADVANCEMNET IF YOU WORK GOOD
Cons
NO LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK FOR MANAGERS
Not Bad
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 30, 2015
The work is easy but there is always a lot to do. You don't have to work hard. Just know how to maintain store operations and make the dollar. Your store can look like garbage as long as the money is being made and you stay within operational compliance you're good to go. The company is a decent company to work for and growing every year. Your district manager will determine your direct opinion about the job.
Pros
access to cheap fashion
Cons
no discount, no work life balance, terrible hours
Really fun and a place I knew cared about me.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INDecember 14, 2015
Management really cares about their staff. Learned a lot about the brands while I worked there. Enjoyed such a good team.
Pros
great work environment.
Cons
customers could get very testy.
Fast paced store that sells name brand clothes at resonable prices.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 27, 2015
Everyone works together as a team to get all of the merchandise out. It can be a difficult some because of the merchandise they sell it gets especially crowed on weekends. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the customer and know the type of items they would purchase.
Pros
Prices and resonable on all merchandise.
Cons
Employee discount only offered for two days and only once every few months.