CitiTrends

CitiTrends Employer Reviews

Great Clientele, Comfortable Environment
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), The Plaza Rd. Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: comfortable environment
Cons: loss prevention
A typical day would be to come into work, clock in, and begin working on freight/inventory. While managing associates, run the cash registers and maintain loss prevention.
I have learned from this company how to become more aware of customers trying to steal merchandise, I have also learned many techniques to making customers happy and satisfying their – more... shopping needs.
The management in the store consists of young women who are still progressing their skills. Corporate management is going through new changes and people.
The co-workers are very attentive to the rules and regulations given and follows all managerial requests.l enjoy working with my co-workers/associates.
The hardest part about the job is getting all of merchandise on floor with little to none of workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers on a daily basis. – less
Job was okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuskegee, ALMay 10, 2014
I loved and hated it all at the same time. but nobody knew it. because i love to work. sometimes i had to deal with the bad attitudes. but i didnt let it break me..
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ILMay 9, 2014
I was a cashier. Citi trends is a nice store. A typical day there was very busy.
Productive workplace
2nd assistant mgr (Former Employee), Columbus, MSMay 5, 2014
Pros: quick advancement
Cons: i enjoyed it all
A typical day at Citi Trends consist of assisting in the opening and closing of the store daily and nightly, daily and nightly deposit, post weekly payroll, assist in managing 8 others, assist in unloading freight from truck, assist in inventory count weekly, operate register and most importantly provided the best customer service I could
You have to be a people person
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 3, 2014
Pros: they work with my busy life
Cons: it takes a lot of tine and energy
You come in contact with a lot of different characters in the day. from when I clock in to when the door closes, people are constantly asking questions and wanting me to do something. patience is needed to arrange the racks over and over while watching the costumers destroy it.
Very demanding, unbending place to work. A place of work to be busy only.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSMay 1, 2014
Pros: busy work, fast-paced, ocd friendly
Cons: pay, unflexibilty
Everything I learned about merchandising amd processing was taught to me by the person that opened the store. The only thing that management taught to me was to run a cash register. Anything else was learned on the fly. The Assistant Manager is awesome and can do everything in the store. The hardest part of the job is the Store Manager. If u can deal – more... with the store manager, youo will go far. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and the customers. I receive joy knowing that the customer is satified with the service I provided. – less
Its retail.
Store Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2014
The company itself has a lot of work to do with the relationship with their employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 29, 2014
I enjoy interacting with my coworkers and our customers. It feels good to be able to talk to and help people with the things they need and want.
Horrible Workplace
PT - Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 28, 2014
Cons: everything is a con and the boss sucks!
Most horrible job experience ever. This was my first job and it sucked!!!!!

A Typical Day: If you opened the store you had to be there at 9:30 a.m. until normally 2 or 3 sometimes longer depending... You had to open all the registers count down all the money etc., then you had to go to the back to retrieve freight you have to process atleast 4 boxes – more... every hour. Along with that you have to help customers and check out .. No breaks - NOTHING! If you came in the afternoon 3 to later you had to recover the store or process any remaining freight a customer left behind. You had to put away all go backs from front register and dressing rooms had to fix all fly away hangers had to sweep with a little sweeper and then vacuum the whole store. You could not vacuum while people were still in the store so you had to wait until closing at 8 pm Then the sales associate has to help count all money and close all registers along with vacuum because the manager or assistant manager has to count up all the paperwork. You always lose money because you must clock out at 9 p.m. on the dot but you still have to finish up the store before leaving - sometimes leaving after 10 p.m. !!!

Management: The management sucks! The boss is only worried about herself and she is very rude to her other employees as well as other customers. She is always getting negative reviews from customers!

Co-Workers: In the process of 1 year - 3 employees quit! All of the co-workers were nice except one who is now assistant manager and is being quite rude just like her boss

Hardest Part: For all the work you do it sucks that you only get paid 7.25

Enjoyable Part: Working with SOME nice people excluding the boss and her puppet! – less
Citi Trends
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHApril 23, 2014
Pros: great work hours, associates and location.
Cons: compensation
I loved working for the company the only downfall was the compensation. The management team which I was apart of was awesome and was always willing to help and answer any questions. My training was great. I loved the associates and the customer base.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 17, 2014
It was advantage retail job bus around holidays.Coworkers were nice, the hardest part of this job was dealing with difficult people.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 14, 2014
Cons: no employee benefits, short and rare breaks, very stressful work environment
The store is lacking class and civility. The customers fight in the stores and it is a very unprofessional environment. Manager expects employees to break up fights, which is not in the job description. Little-to-no breaks, and not enough employee benefits to balance out stress from work. There are no employee discounts,low pay for work done, and the – more... management is very condescending. They should hire security guards as employees. – less
Coming from an Associate turned Manager
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2014
Pros: may land a rare good staff
Cons: everything corporate touches
First off Citi Trends does not care about their associates. Only management gets paid vacation (after a year) and there is no employee discount. Employees start at minimum wage for minimum a year upon review. Citi Trends employees get something called "Associate Appreciation Days" which you will save you 20% on merchandise for about two SELECTED days. – more... These days are strategically placed before major holidays and tax season which seems more like a ploy to get you to spend your earnings than anything else.

They will not promote you if you are doing it for pay. Citi Trends has a thing for not giving adequate raises. I, even with employee of the month honors store and district wide could not get promoted. Partly due to the ever revolving turnover rate in upper level manager and secondly their cheap ways of trying to get bargain basement deals on employees. I worked for two years and only made $7.50. My former manager informed me that reapplying after leaving for five months improved my chances which is how I got into management in the first place and even that was a fight.. I WAS NOT PROMOTED! I returned because it was closer to my home and my staff was awesome, they are all good friends.

If you may be in need of a company who provides emergency responses regarding any accommodations, this isn't the one. So expect to beg at the feet of the old bitter women they hire or miss your child's recital, doctor appointments, or your wife's labor. (I couldn't leave my job with my wife in labor until another associate arrived because there has to be two people in the store at all times and the DM couldn't be reached, get this I was the sole provider and the ride) My staff did all they could but the fact that corporate offered 0 help was embarrassing. Basically your DM will not get involved, in anything so your really betting everything against the heart of other people, who are also underpaid. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone looking for more than a stop gap job while waiting for their ideal interview to come through. It is a poorly organized company with no touch with their employee base or management staff.. You may get lucky and land a cool management staff that will work with and appreciation you, but that is a gamble in itself. – less

May 6, 2014

I have been told in order to control a district-wide payroll reduction (for what reasoning I don't know when we already distributed our allotted payroll) I was to send employees home if the store volume stalled, for no reason at all except for the fact we might have been slow. I had a real issue with sending employees home and cutting their paychecks because corporate wants to save money. (Probably for bonuses) How they keep it mum is by telling the Assistant and Store Management staff that their hours are okay, but associates and their checks are expendable. I didn't do this, but that was the beginning of the end for me...

Productive and Innovative
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 10, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: low pay
My typical day at work begins with reviewing sales reports and emails throughout. The management were dedicated individuals who treated their employees as family. The hardest part of the job was not making enough money for my family,
no discount.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baker, LAApril 10, 2014
The company could at least give you a discount but they don't. The raises are normally 10 cents....
It's a job.
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay at management level.
Cons: upper management leads by poor example so rules and policies cannot be enforced.
Have some rough customers, but that is everywhere. There is no structure within the company or store setting. Everyone just flies by the seat of their pants and leaves the little things undone until they add up and it is overwhelming. They are too worried about turn-over so you can not show up, show up late, sit on the stool and talk on your phone all – more... day and not get fired. – less
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2014
It was a mutil task job that required me to know about clothes and also create new displays
Employee involvelement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), indianapolis, IndianaApril 2, 2014
Pros: store discounts
Cons: over duties
I believe that this is good company for new workers beginning their career.
Productive and fun workplace
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Newnan, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: the ability to win frequent sales contests, overall great company
Cons: working too much and not really having a personal life due to work.
I Love my job and I love working in retail and customer service. I have learned so much working with citi trends in the last 2 years. I have learned how to manage employees, order change, file paper work, conference calls, Inventory, sales vs. budget, customer service skills, merchandising, organizing, and working with freight. The hardest thing would – more... be dealing with irate customers. The best part is working in fashion and the latest trends and moving into management. – less
overseen daily store functions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
**open close store
**shipment
**schedules
**payroll
enjoy giving one on one customers service