Citizen Potawatomi Nation Employee Reviews

Childcare work to administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 27, 2017
Scheduling, emails, responses, meeting reminders, phone calling, talking with vendors, processing billing and day to day office work.
Management can be the push to make you successful or allow you to fall on your face. Occasionally, unstoppable gossip would create turnover. The culture did depend directly on which Director you worked for. One of the hardest transitions was from childcare worker to administrative assistant. The most enjoyable was when you could see the progress you helped create.
Pros
Directors that wanted you to fulfill your potential and would help you in any manner they could.
Cons
Directors and staff who would rather see you fall flat than help you.
Great job
Intake Specialist/Tribal Court Secretary (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMay 23, 2017
I answer all calls to tribal court and Indian Child Welfare. I enter all our clients info into tribal rolls to verify eligibility. After receiving info about tribal status, I file paperwork depending on if enrolled or not. I send court documents to have jurisdiction over the children if ours, or a denial letter if not tribal.
Great Company
Firelake Casino-Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Great Company to work for.
Kept Busy in Department that I was working in.
Had a lot to do for the job tittle that I was assigned too.
This company has a lot to offer their employees & they also have great benefits.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not alot to complain about
Great company
Communication Coordinator/Staff Photographer (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 31, 2017
Best employer in Pottawatomie County. The tribe does so much for the community and have so many great job opportunities to grow and succeed within the company.
Productive and sometimes fun
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 31, 2017
CPN is good for their benefits and pay sometimes. Depends on where you work and what department. They are also bad at giving raises unless you know someone or are favorited by your current employers.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay, fairly easy work.
Cons
Bad at giving raises, employers aren't very considerate, not good at showing appreciation for hard workers.
CPN has great job opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 7, 2016
For 13 years I did a number of different jobs for them and was proud of the advancement I made in that time. They have some of the best benefits around and advancement is easy if you put in the work for it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
large company with not so good internal infastructure
It paid well
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 2, 2016
Its the good ole boys club and your either in or out. Management creates positions for people they like. Any managers with knowledge all work M-F and the new guys work nights and weekends. You can find 5 managers at work M-F business hours and the busy time your lucky if two show up. Management takes tips from dealers. If your a young pretty girl you will do well because management gets part of your tips so they frequently overlook your inability to deal the games correctly. You can work here for years and senority will mean nothing if a pretty face walks in they'll get the shift you spent years trying to earn.
Pros
frequent Breaks, 401k match, Insurance
Cons
Managment
Amazing work environment with lots to learn and outstanding benefits
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day was spent answering calls for maintenance on the radio and going to jackpots to verify payouts. Once weekly, each attendant got to run keno games and fill out the paperwork for the games and balance the till at the end of the day. I learned all about Title 31, high quality customer service, and how to fix machines in doing this job. I also had the best team of managers, coworkers, and customers anyone could ask for. Everything about the job was fantastic.
Bad Management
Key Hourly (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OklahomaAugust 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was often my co-workers and making the public happy. The least favorite part of my job was the fact that the management was very biased and nepotistic with their friends and co-workers, thus creating a sometime hostile environment and causing the other people to feel as though they weren't being treated equally.
Pros
The insurance and benefits were wonderful.
Cons
It is a 24 hour, 7-days a week venue, terrible for home life/work balance. Erratic working hours and split days off.
Internship
POTAWATOMI LEADERSHIP PROGRAM (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 6, 2014
My internship with the tribe was great, and I learned so much about the tribe. Each day was different and fun and the people I was with everyday will be my lifelong friends.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
Busy all the time.

Want to know more about Citizen Potawatomi Nation?

Ask a question
na
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Shawnee okSeptember 3, 2014
Good Co-workers
Terrible pay
Department Managers are good but Admin. has no clue how the real world works very rude and think there better than everyone else.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay
Really loved this job
Sales Manager, Grand Casino Hotel Resort (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 1, 2014
This job was great for a college student. I loved working with all the revenue and cash flow while mostly conversating with customers.
beneicial to the community
Restaurant manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJune 23, 2014
The Potawatomis provide 7 out of 10 jobs in Shawnee ok. they are good company for some.
Good work environment.
Family Violence Program Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 10, 2013
Handling a crisis call, completing an intake with client, finishing paperwork, making referral for clients and court support, networking with other agencies. I learned patience, I learned to handle let downs. Hardest part of job was hearing the pain a victim went thru and the most enjoyable was seeing a client rise up and take control of their life after trauma.
Very productive place and great management
Scanning Technician (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 28, 2013
I love working with CPN.....I love the people the atmoshpere and the workflow. The only thing that bothers me in my current position is I dont really exercise my brain to my best abilities...I would like to further my education and knowledge of working enviornments...I always have something to do, I cant stand to just sit around and not do anything. Ive learned how to work in Doc-Link, NAV, and Client. I have a great manager who has worked with me in so many ways that has helped me alot.
Pros
Its really close to home
Cons
Im just not making enough and feel like I could do so much more
Great benefits if you can stand the horrible management
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ShawneeMay 29, 2013
It's a nice workplace if you work in the gaming field. Great facilities and get breaks often. Very fun job in the casino but very monotonous after awhile, it makes you wish there is something more you can do. Great benefits. Heartless management. The table games manager has no previous table games experience which made it hard to believe what he was doing for the department was right. A lot of drug activity with the employees and nobody noticed it. Daily mistakes made in the department that were embarrassing. Best part about the job was meeting some great people and working in a nice and clean facility if you stayed away from the drama.
Pros
Smoke breaks often, free soft drinks, fun atmosphere, fun coworkers
Cons
Overpriced food, management has favorites, too many drugs being cycled through casino employees, no room for advancement, managers for table games had no table games experience, male managers are very discriminating, upper management is a joke, management in table games accept a portion of dealers tokes, people act like its high school.
CPN is one of the best companies to work for. Its a growing industry and has opened up a lot of job opportunities for people. They have great benifits
Scanning Technician (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 11, 2013
As long as I have worked with the CPN company I have managed to conduct better work ethics. I cant stand to be late, I like to get to work early so I can prep myself for the day. Ive used many different computer programs so thats helped out a lot for the future. CPN is a large company so you meet a lot of people and get to know most of them. The hardest part is no matter what the situation may be, postitive or negative, you always have to remember to keep your smile on and think positive. Once you've gotten that down I feel like you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.
Pros
cpn supplies a great benefit program and its affordable and very reasonable, offers help with going to school, good about being flexible with college, and if you have children they are pretty flexible with their school functions as well.
Cons
the one thing that bothers me is the turn over rate in some of cpns companies, i believe its because of the age group that is hired, but either way it builds a really bad moral
Loved working here, until new Director of clinic came in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKSeptember 15, 2012
Awesome company to work for. The clinic was a great place to work, until a new Director came in an started firing long time employees.
Cons
new clinic director