Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,419 reviews matching the search
Family environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 23, 2017
I fulfilled basic teller duties for both the walk up and drive up windows on a full time and part time basis. I handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis. I assisted in balancing the vault at the branch I was full timed employed with.
Pros
Close to home, knew most of my customers, wonderful co workers
Cons
Irate customers, long hours
Excellent Work Experience
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2017
As a summer analyst, granted incredible access to participate in deals, share work with analysts, and interact with senior bankers. Rewarding and formative!
compensation should be more for amount of work required
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 22, 2017
compensation should be more for amount of work required, lunches should be longer only 30 minutes unpaid no matter how many hours worked, better training for position you are in, should have some kind of mentor program after training they just throw you into your position after filling your head with a ton of information in only a few days,
needs to be more focused on employees
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 22, 2017
When I first became employed with Citizens I found it a great place to work. Management was great, co-workers were great, but after a year or so I noticed things changing. I moved to different positions during my time there and learned valuable skills but eventually the cons outweighed the pros. Layoffs became common, more and more contractors were hired in their place, employee incentives were taken away, not much room for advancement, and pressure on employees to become productivity robots caused many to become burnt out and look for better opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
management, friendly co-workers
Cons
no incentive, high pressure
A good first job
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2017
This place is great as a starting job when you first get out of school. The culture is very customer focused, and you are rewarded for good customer service.
Procedues
Loan Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 21, 2017
Meeting customers need s with our internal and external customers by delivery excellent services with our products, working with others including team engagement, positive attitude and communication.
Working at the Retail Level is very stressful
Personal Banker Universal (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2017
The branch you work at heavily influences the quality of the position you are in. In some branches you will spend 40% of your time on the teller line, and in others your may spend 5% of your time on the teller line. It all depends on how the branch you are at is staffed, and the running theme in every branch is that there never seems to be enough people. Although not a common occurrence there are instances when people who have appointments end up waiting over 30 minutes even up to 90 minutes because of something else that came in the door causing the ultimately short staffed crew to be tied up. As seem to be the industry standard it is all about the sales, operations and customer service always take a back seat to the most important thing: Sales. You will spend at least 25% of your day making cold calls and updating sales trackers.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Cold calling, little schedule flexibility, poor benefit package
Great people and enviornment
Student Lending Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 20, 2017
Overall good job with great hours and pay. Requires extremely strong communications skills and customer service. Management was accessible and helpful with productive, competitive attitude.
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Work got repetitive
Low pay High Turn-over
Branch and Call Center (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
There is a high turn over rate and there are frequently times where you are understaffed and over worked. The pay is lower than other similar companies. This is all sales best if working at a branch.
Pros
Some Location Have Flexible Hours
Cons
Inconsistent from location to location.
Very friendly and comfortable work place
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
Comfortable work place, friendly atmosphere. I learned to use my time wisely. The hardest part of the job was making sure the clients understood their denial for loans. The most enjoyable part the job was making the clients feel at ease with their choice in Citizens Bank.
Pros
Personal space
Cons
Elevators take long and take up break time
Good exeperince.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2017
Pretty okay place to work. My current position isn't something that I would prefer to do for years. Can be a rewarding position at times. Must have a lot of patience and very tough skin. If you don't it can become a very stressful job.
Great Stepping Stone
Full Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 19, 2017
Citizens is a great place to learn the ins and outs of banking. I enjoy my job but there seems to be a lot of turn over. I enjoy interacting with my customers and putting a smile on their face, I love the responsibilities that I have but sometimes it feels like I am giving my all and the pay does not seem to match the work being put into the job.
Bank Culture
Consumer Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 19, 2017
Great Bank and great people. The pay not that great for the amount of work. Good benefits and employee appreciation. There are a lot of advancement within the company
Great company that takes initiatives and cares about their employees.
Project Analyst/Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 18, 2017
Citizens Bank is a great company to work for. Everyone is always willing to help where needed. During my internship, I was given the opportunity to support and lead projects. I was also responsible for managing the office and technology supplies for the COO tower. I also assisted the Testing Team with the completion of agendas, meeting minutes, reserving rooms and opening conference calls for their weekly leadership meetings. I was supporting an agile project and learned how to use the JIRA software tool. I enjoyed completing self-identifying audits for the Testing Team and presenting my findings to them. Citizens Bank is known for their community involvement and I am proud to say that I have participated in many of their volunteer initiatives such as going to the RI Food Bank, making cards for Hasbro patients, and actually coordinating the first ever Year Up Citizens Bank Career Fair.
Pros
Flexibility, Community Involvement
Good Place to Start
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2017
Good place to work as there is a lot of room to grow if you want to be in retail banking. Sales goals every quarter which must be met. Goals are not hard to achieve.
Pros
Potential to grow
Cons
Not many career paths other than retail banking
not a bad place
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2017
growing too quickly, operations is getting clogged up with new, inexperienced loan officers files. Closing dates are being tough too make as there is now so mucch more volume
Good place to learn
Mortgage Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 16, 2017
It was a nice place to work.............................................................. I am glad I got the chance to work there and learn banking. It was a nice stepping stone for my carreer path
Citizens
asst processor (Former Employee) –  warwick riJuly 15, 2017
Worked for Mergis through Citizens
Enjoyed the cafeteria on site
They have some employee appreciation activities
Overall nice place to work
Many staff are long term
great first experience of a full time job
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 14, 2017
This employer paid for you to go to school. It was a great place to work, just low pay. I really enjoyed working for Citizens Bank, it was a stepping stone to my career
Pros
Schooling
Cons
low pay
Over emphasis on goals. Pressure fear boredom abound.
Premier banker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2017
The only joyi the suffering shared by the workers. Management has no idea what they are doing and just keep squeezing pressuring for more and more and threaten if numbers aren't reached.
Pros
Free water nice peers
Cons
Culture, pressure to hit goals all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.