Citizens Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search
High Employee Turnover
Personal Banker Universal (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 21, 2016
While with Citizens I had 7 different branch managers and 6 different regional managers. Because of high management turnover, I had no clear leadership. We also had high employee turnover At one point. my manger and I were the only employees left in the branch which meant I was the only teller. I was responsible for every teller transaction, the vault, the ATM and we had to work 6 day weeks with no breaks for months.

I began in a teller position and was forced into a universal banker position when company went public. This change meant more responsibilities at same pay rate. It was difficult to meet sales goals since I was working the teller line more than the new accounts desk.

My co-workers were great. We tried to work as a team but were usually short staffed and burnt out.
Pros
Paid Holidays/Medical Benefits
Cons
Employee Turnover
Great place to work. It wasn't just a job...We were a family with a strong Credo.
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMarch 3, 2016
I miss working at Citizens Bank. Co-workers and customers were like family to me. I enjoyed getting to know my customers and their families and being able to help them with their financial needs. I appreciate the respect and recognition I received for my performance, and for the opportunity to grow and learn with the company. Morning huddles, weekly coaching, and regional meetings enabled me to be more productive and feel secure in my job. My only regret is that Citizens Bank doesn't have a branch located in the area I have moved to and that I was forced to retire. I enjoyed the competitive pay, awesome benefits, opportunities of advancement, job security, community involvement, bonuses, recognition and family atmosphere.
Sell Sell Sell Thats the Culture
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 16, 2016
Citizens bank has deployed a sales model that sets the branch staff up for failure,goals set are unrealistic and compensation for completed sales is tiered with several components to ensure little payout for work completed. Management is disconnected, roles are not transparent and much of the turnover is due to holes in the hiring and training process. The challenges are to consistently be a jack of all master of none, selling as many widgets possible to one customer,and when the customers realize the lack of experience and confidence they too flee. Technology is adequate and branch decor is in need of major make over.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Compensation, Training, Micro Management, lack of competitive products, culture is one of aggressive sales, poor technology, Branch's need make over
A bank that doesnt care about its customers
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PAJanuary 23, 2016
Management only cares about one thing, revenue. We were told to sell everything and anything to the customers whether they need it or not! Sad.. We were told to never return fees because that hurt the profit and loss! We were trained to deceive or customers if necessary to get them in front of a financial consultant! Sad. We were always understaffed. Benefits were good. A lot of the managers in the branches are good people but they must do what upper management says. We were trained to tell customers that savings accounts come with checkings, almost force them to take one even when they(customers) said no. Bonuses were a joke. I nearly doubled my quota for three months and made $212...
Pros
A lot of time off.
Cons
Poor management, poor morale, terrible bonuses.
Play alot of games with job titles
Infrastructure Support (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 14, 2016
Bank plays alot of games with job titles so be very careful what you apply for and make sure compensation is higher than what the title seems to be for. Always counter offer. Just outsourced all infrastructure to IBM much of it is offshore so expect a very bumpy ride if you are in security risk support or projects untill they have that situationed settled. many reorgs happen and frequently recruit senior management from across the country. ive seen some problems with adequate internal promotions and low bonus figures.
Pros
growing
Cons
low bonuses at vp avp levels
Great place for college students needing work
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 27, 2016
It all depends on who your supervisor is here. In this company, there are some supervisors who make the work environment exceptionally unpleasant. There are others who are the greatest people you would meet. They run short staffed to save money. Cross-training is not encouraged. There were a lot of great clients that made the day fun.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, 401K
Cons
Not a family-friendly working environment
Good Place to work
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 5, 2016
Citizens Bank is a good place to work. Customer service is their number 1 priority but making money isn't far behind. My manager didn't seem to care if the customers understood what they were signing as long as they were signing up for some kind of a loan or credit card. that is why i left, i do not agree with that approach. since i left the job he also was removed from his position.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifits
Cons
The Manager, will do whatever needed to push you to make money for the company
Should You Work Here?...
Contact Center Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 15, 2016
I've had this job about 2 years now and to be completely honest I did not think I would stay this long. The work environment is great, colleagues, and team leads can be very welcoming as well. There are still somethings that need to change; especially when it comes to advancing in the company as a minority.
Pros
Decent pay, Overtime availability, Training, Health Benefits, Incentives
Cons
Advancing as a Minority is pretty hard. Good Luck
postive and fun work plae not much room for movin uo though
teller/ oan reviewer (Current Employee) –  Hickman, KYMarch 30, 2016
management is great its a wonderful place to work just no way to move up pay is horrible and horrible benefits. but other that that it is great people to work with and for its like one big family
Change is on going
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New EnglandApril 4, 2016
Citizens is going through a large amount of change from leadership to job banding and compensation. Very committed work force looking to make Citizens a better place to bank and work.
Pros
Opportunity to make a difference to the buidling of the bank
Cons
IT and systems create reporting issues
Original work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 2, 2015
Mid-Year review from branch manager available upon request.

Provided exceptional levels of customer service and processed accurate and timely transactions. Trained the Retail Sales Associate to run the teller line. Inventory Management. Crossed-sell bank products and services. Proactively sought ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to contribute towards the branch success. Maximized personal productivity through attention to detail, self-motivation, and adaptability to achieve branch and personal goals. Actively participated in opportunities to expand knowledge
Pros
Friday, long lunch breaks.
Benefits
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIFebruary 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working with Citizens Bank, all the workers are very friendly and the bank works with difficult schedules. The people you work with are very friendly and become family very quickly. The wages are a little low, but the benefits are pretty good.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
low wages
A rare opportunity to work united and earn decent wage gone forever from outsourcing and ultimate layoffs of so many.
Nite processing proof (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RI 02915November 15, 2015
Until monster lay off Citizen was a wonderful experience. A family environment one for all as the proverbial saying goes, we set directions and succeeded helping one another.

Our goal was production in timely manner for nest in line as uninterruptedly and seamless as possibble

Raises, gifting, pot love lucks credential recognition of work excellence were common occurrences

Our bosses were approachable and worked with all of us to give our best and error free work.

Outsourcing from America was my singularly dreadful experience

I have worked for To Life Center Adult Daycare in Providence, RI. in the capacity of Activities Host Respite Caregiver from 2014 until now.
Drop in membership of this marvelous nonprofit daycare and decrease in funding has placed my job in jeopardy.

Thank you for reading and for any help you may offer. HHB
Pros
Caring considerate company to work for.
Cons
Outsourcing wiped out so many jobs, no rehiring from agism and lack of experiences or educations resulted.
Workplace with great potential
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  philadelphiaOctober 7, 2015
Employment at Citizens Bank has the potential to be a productive life advancing experience. However, due to being very understaffed, employees are forced to do multiple jobs not allowing room for advancement in a particular area. Management, of Citizens employees could be reconstructed, creating stronger teams which then would lead to positive work environments, therefore producing a quality experience for customers, and enhancing the company's reputation.
Pros
good health benefits, every employee approved for credit card, quarterly commision payouts
Cons
understaffed, emplyoyee relations, poor management, no real room for advancement
Great Learning Experience and Financial Knowledge
Personal Banker/ Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYFebruary 17, 2016
I have been working with Citizens Bank for about two and half years now. I have grown very comfortable in my position which has helped me with my promotion after my first year of employment with Citizens. I am now a Business Specialist for my branch and work closely with both consumer and business customers personally. I have learned how to build relationships with customers, provide excellent satisfaction and help each customer to the best of my ability.
Unfortunately, Citizens experiences high turn over in the branches region-wide and for the most part, really hinders the staff members from conducting their line of work that they are required to fulfill each day. With that said, I find myself constantly unable to finish or even start my tasks I set for myself due to running the teller line for the day or not being able to leave my branch and expand my relationship by meeting prospect businesses to create customer generation to the branch, with this happening for over a year I have decided to start looking elsewhere for an opportunity with more challenge and promise to the position I am in.
The most enjoyable part of my job is not only the working with my co-workers but also receiving customer input and positive reactions to what I help them achieve in their own financial well-being as well as satisfaction and gratitude for me help.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
high turnover, incentive plans, unable to utilize full job description
Good Company to work for - Family Friendly
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 2, 2016
Flexible Schedules to meet your personal needs.
Colleagues shows appreciation to Co-Colleagues
Various ways to show team spirit
Pros
Full Time positions with benefits
Cons
Paid Time Off not able to roll over to following year
Productive and fun workplace
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJanuary 7, 2016
Citizens Bank was a pleasure to work for. The management team was great and so were the other employee. The benefits and pay were also competitive.
Cons
Schedule
High expectations
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 17, 2015
Unfortunately I have witnessed talented colleagues be over looked for advancement just because people who are recently hired to Citizens want to bring their buddies from their previous bank.

There are not enough employees to do the required tasks efficiently. Branch colleagues have high sales goal and are expected to reach them every quarter but there are not enough employees to run a teller window and work the desk. Customers end up getting tired of waiting and leaving.

Citizens does pay well and the benefits are competitive. The bonuses are hard to achieve and are not worth the stress of trying to reach.
Pros
PTO time and benefits are good
Cons
late hours and high stress
Citizens Bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 21, 2015
I have been with this company for over two years and have overcome many obstacles . The outlook for advancement is poor, as management typically choose to hire for bigger positions based on a past of sales experience as opposed to actual job experience . Often times new colleagues are brought on to management teams with backgrounds in cell phone and electronic sales. Current employees are told they "aren't ready", yet when these new flashy management faces quit the reliable employees are expected to pick up the responsibility . Payout incentives are not what they used to be and the hours you are expected to work will leave you not seeing your family often and there will be a lack of a social life.
Pros
Quarterly sales payouts, full benefits
Cons
Unattainable goals, poor advancement opportunity, bad work shifts
horrible sales culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 7, 2015
sales sales sales is all this company cares about.the micro management and horrible hours adds to this very disappointing employee experience.
benefits
Cons
management, the know your customers process, the hours