Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

In-store banking makes you more diverse
3rd in charge/Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 29, 2017
Working in an In-store branch is a completely different feel than being in a traditional branch. I had to learn every aspect of the job from processing teller transactions accurately to opening accounts to prospecting for business clients.

The biggest factor in my decision to leave was the hours. Working extended hours during the week and on the weekends began to take a toll on me.
Customer are great
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 29, 2017
Citizens was an overall good place to work. They have poor management that only think about themselves. I feel that they don't protect their employees. If there was anything wrong with your work no one will tell your until its to late.
Pros
bonus
Cons
health care paid time off
Horrible Comapny
Customer Facing Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYNovember 28, 2017
Terrible company from top to bottom bad managers horrible training program bad skill management technologically inept so far behind the rest of the field its disgusting makes working efficiently impossible
Comfotable work enviornment/great team/help & assistance available when needed
Universal Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  North Smithfield, RINovember 28, 2017
Great career for the those who don't mind working weekends and 9:00am - 7:30pm week days. Great training programs/classes for when you first start and during your career there.

I learned much more about banking/financing/products/credit and retirement/business/personal financial and loan products.

The hardest part of the job was the spontaneous work hours. I did not and could not have a set schedule and would receive 2 random days off for the week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was genuinely helping customers/non-customers with their financial needs/questions, all while building trusting relationships and becoming customers personal banker.
Pros
Great benefits/work enviornment
Cons
Spontaneous work hours
Produtive, fast pace. stresfull with goalos
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2017
Citizens is a great bank to start your career but advancement and training is not the best.

Great benefits

poor training an rushed
computers were down with training

Trying to work teller and banker role is too much for one person
Bad management
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2017
I loved working for Citizens Bank. The problem was the people that were managing the banking centers that were the problem. It was too cut throat and the last manager and Regional manager were the worst.
Nice people
Mortgage Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 27, 2017
Citizens Bank employees are so friendly and helpful. Work environment via home office was excellent. A pleasant experience and every person was eager to assist a new employee
Positive work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed this job because I became really good in creating a relationship with clients and because the team work was really united when it came down to competing with other branches.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for growth
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Medford, MANovember 25, 2017
It was great but some of the people didn't acknowledge interns or try to understand situations that occurs. I have nothing else to add to my review..
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, the cafe
Lots of Work
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  E Providence, RINovember 24, 2017
Banking systems isn't streamlined like other major banks. This creates a lot of duplicate work. It is more important to do what you are told than trying to improve the system in this company in order to make it
Great bank to start your banking career
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2017
Retail bank with exceptional sales goals and varied compensation. Great place to learn and grow within the banking community. Hours vary and are extended compared to traditional brick and mortar branches, including Saturday evenings and Sundays inside popular supermarket.
Worst company
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  MaNovember 21, 2017
Always people leaving , managers are always leaving ! Regional is very rude and nasty with colleagues . Citizens won’t give you free water to drink , some manager didn’t even have any idea of their job description!
Pushes hard on sales, but potential to make decent commissions
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Newtonville, MANovember 21, 2017
Working at Citizens bank was sometimes annoying as they really do a lot of things to try and get employees to embrace sales more. There are little tasks that are required to keep track of sales activity. It's annoying, but play your cards right and be at a good branch and there's definitely potential to make some decent commissions with hard work.
na
Licensed Banker (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 21, 2017
Citizens Bank is a fine place to work if you have no intention of advancing in your career. I was split btwn wealth management and retail which did not allow me to focus on just one thing
citizens is a good place to work for
Operation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RINovember 20, 2017
since I left citizens bank the company has really expended if I stayed working at citizens I would move on to higher apportunities in the company citizens bank gives you a chance to grow in the company
Fast paced
Senior Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 20, 2017
Micro management was stifling to production. Lack of advancement even though qualifications were in place. The salary was good, but beyond small COLA increases it did not change much in the 3 years I was there.
Pros
Salary
Cons
management
Workplace Culture
BSM (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2017
If you don't like drama this is not the place to work. Everyone is involved regardless of role. Needs to undergo culture change especially in one group.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Other than the CEO, needs better leadership
Slow paced place to work
Senior SOX 404 Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 20, 2017
People are really nice. But the working environment is too slow paced. The technology at work is out of dated. It's really relaxed to work there. Not too much place for career advancement.
Nice place to work
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for this bank. The employee's at my branch were very friendly and informative. Unfortunately, the schedule did not work with school so sadly I had to leave.
Great bank t work for if you are interested in retail sale
Sr. Personal Banker, Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MANovember 19, 2017
Citizens Bank is a great place to work, the pay is competitive in comparison to other financial institutions with similar roles. Generous with paid time off, fair work life balance.
Pros
Good pay and considerable time off
Cons
Sales goals are stiff, products your pushing have many stipulations for the customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.