Citizens Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
Great managers
operation management (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 27, 2015
Worked for this company for a long time and went through many changes in leadership at the highest level. Some good and some not so good,

The front line managers are dedicated and hard working.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement potential
Cons
Advancement limited to major adminstrative centers limits colleagues in other areas
Career Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 23, 2016
I have worked in the Banking field for more than 30 years and have held positions of Teller, New Accounts Customer Service, Assistant Manager and Manager. I also have worked as support to the branches in the position of Staffing Assistant.

During my career I have learned that no too days are ever the same, and every day will bring new experience.

I think the most enjoyable position was that of a teller, due to the customer contact and being busy all the time.

I have worked with a lot of co-workers and made a lot of long term friends, I approach my working relationships like I do my family and try to help others when possible.

The hardest was that of Management and dealing with employee issues.

I take pride in my job performance and like being knowledgeable about the products and processes to complete the request.
Pros
Customers, learning opportunitys
Cons
Overbearing management, constant change.
Lots of transition and cuts/ inexperienced management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 15, 2015
I worked here for a good number of years.

- The pay is below market and the raises are from 0.01% to 1.5%
- Management does not care & new management is brought in with no prior financial experience. Then, those same managers bring in people that they use to work with in their last company.
- Lots of transition and no direction is provided.
- No room for advancement…Is not what you know, but who you know
- Over 60 % of the company is offshore. More layoffs coming
- Unorganized, no communication (company wide) and no employee appreciation

Stay away!! Very stressful
Pros
Work from home flexibility
Cons
Management, culture, sending work offshore to India
Productive and very fair with my school schedule
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2015
I've been with Citizens Bank Savings and Trust a little over 7 months to 8 months now. I am currently a bank teller that supervise my own location. A typical day on the job is repetitive I count and ship money as well as processing transactions everyday. The only thing that I wish I could've done is open up accounts. I'm pretty advanced for a bank teller especially coming into this position with no teller experience. I'm looking for a new job in the Rutherford County area due to me relocating for school. I'm looking for a job that matches or offer me a better deal with great pay, benefits, and are flexible with my school schedule.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great benefits, and most importantly great pay
Cons
Short breaks and short staffed
High pressure/stressful job with a lot of responsibility
Advanced Teller (Current Employee) –  Raymond, NHAugust 29, 2015
Relationships with colleagues and some of the regular customers most enjoyable part of the job. Responsible for large amounts of money and sensitive/confident customer information. Pressure for great customer service and reaching branch goals well most of the time being understaffed was stressful. The stress caused poor management. Compensation and benefits not desirable enough for job requirements.
Fun place to work until the last few months
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 23, 2016
Started out as a summer intern of 2013 and quickly learned how to do my duties. The people there were very friendly and easy to get along with. The work was easy for me and I found myself becoming very efficient at my duties. I pride myself on completing my daily tasks quickly and accurately. The hardest part of my job was trying to find hours to work while I was in school. The bank was cutting down peoples hours and since I was a part time employee during school, mine were the first to be cut. Management was very easy to get along with during the first few years, but they ended up making some changes and the workplace became a drama filled workplace. I stayed out of the drama but I started to not enjoy my job because of how much drama there was at work. Overall I had a pleasant experience working there, but I am glad to be done working there now.
Pros
Friendly people, and enjoyed my job duties.
Cons
Cut hours, and drama.
Productive and well organized work environment
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAJanuary 24, 2016
a typical day at Citizens Bank is spent providing the best customer service possible to every customer while taking advantage of every sale opportunity. I've learned many things during my time at citizens including finances, investments, and improvement in my customer service skills. Management was very motivational when it came to pushing company products, services, and sales. The co-workers I had the pleasure of working with showed me a lot and mentored me to excel as a banker. However the hardest part of the job for me was remembering all of the regulations and proper procedures to opening accounts and providing loans. The most enjoyable part of working at citizens was easily the relationships I was able to develop with my customers. Working at citizens I was able to make my strongest relationships with customers through trust and communication.
Pros
competitive environment
Cons
staff utilization
Use to your own advancement
Metadata Analyst (Current Employee) –  work from homeJune 9, 2015
I worked on the technical side of Citizens. There is a general lack of leadership. Management is very weak and generally lacking in skills to get the job done. This is a culture of back stabbing and blame seeking.

There is also a general sense of instability. Managers have been removed from their positions for no reason (documented or otherwise). People with less experience and leadership ability are promoted without a job listing even being posted. Nepotism is rampant. At any time, your career opportunities may seem great and then nonexistent the next day.

I think if you are planning to use the company to get a skill or pay raise, go for it. I don't think this is a company in which to build a career. If you are at all ambitious and intelligent, use the opportunity and keep your ear to the ground and plan to move on eventually.

PROS: You can command a good salary coming in from the outside, benefits are great and they will let you work from home.
Pros
work from home; good pay and benefits
Cons
weak management
Citizens Bank was a good job to learn and advance in the financial field.
Business Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 1, 2015
A typical day involved being on the phone and handling various customer issues. We would balance that with off the phone activities such as team meetings on problem solving. I learned a lot about personal and business credit cards as all my experience prior had been in actual physical banks working with customers face to face. I also learned a lot about phone etiquette as well due to the nature of the job. I have nothing but positive things to say about management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and the most enjoyable were my co-workers.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, career advancement oppurtunities, good benefits, flexible schedules
Excellent Company that cared about its employees
Assistant Branch Manager/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHJune 20, 2016
This was a nice 8 - 6 job. It was a very professional atmosphere. I loved wearing the professional attire. It was great waiting on customers one at a time solving problems and building relationships.

I learned a lot about financial products and the banking industry as a whole. Team (branch) participation was essential as we needed to work together at the same time of working independently in effort to be competitive with branch rankings,

The management was always professional. This was due to the fantastic corporate training and HR department. The hardest part of the job was finding balancing errors, having to stay until found.

This was a fantastic experience and that gave me lots of career growth. The people were great to work with and the customers were very friendly.
Pros
The benefits were great!
Cons

Want to know more about Citizens Bank?

Ask a question
I enjoyed meeting new people and learning new things
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES (Former Employee) –  JACKSONVILLE FLORIDAOctober 20, 2015
Citibank is a fun awerson job to work at you will never find a day you will be by you'r self if something's going wrong, they always have there doors open to listen, I love it
Pros
LOVE THE CAFETERIA GOOD HOT FOOD READY TO COOK
Cons
GREAT HEALTH CARE BENEFITS
Disappointing work experience
Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2015
To make a long story short, Citizens has been a company that treats its employees and customers very poorly. Focusing on the employee side. They are understaffed and claim to be overstaffed. They have terrible training programs across the board. There technology is outdated and extremely inefficient/ineffective with no plans for improvement. Management does nothing but tell employees how they aren't doing good enough. There is no praise for a job well done. There is no recognition for meeting goals and deadlines, only complaints that you didn't exceed goals more. The job you interview for will only be part of what your actual duties are. Common place to be overworked and assigned jobs that do not fall under your job description. Not flexible with at all with vacation or scheduling on a weekly basis. Very similar to the movie Office Space where you have 8 different bosses to report the same useless information to on a daily basis. One of my pet peeves is there requirement for you to predict your sales for the day. Managers constantly tell you how you are not performing well enough but, offer no advice or leadership in how to perform better. They bring nothing to the table to help you in your career. They lie to get you to do what they want. I can go on an on and on.
good working experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, MANovember 5, 2015
great place to wrk, great people, great customers, great benefits, excellent working environment, good location, good industry for bank professionals and junior bankers
Family atmosphere, great benefits
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 22, 2015
Citizens Bank was a blessing to me! Great Benefits, Family friendly, Team players. Opportunities for advancement always available. Worst part of my job was having to quit!
Pros
Benefits, Management
Typical retail bank
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 2, 2016
The hours are long and the pay is not at all competitive (and not just with other banks). You may get paid more working in a fast food restaurant and also get better benefits. The management has drastically changed since I worked there, but the policies have not. As with any retail bank, there are numerous fees and rules that are nearly impossible to avoid them. There is a high turnover rate for employees below that are not salaried. Promotions were almost strictly based on tenure rather than qualifications, experience, or ability to do the job. There is a strong sales culture with miniscule commissions or incentives.
Pros
ESOP
Cons
pay, hours, policies in general
A job worth taking on for self improvement
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 18, 2016
Working at Citizens Bank definitely has its ups and downs as any other job. Overall a great experience if you have banking background or want to learn various categories of finances and professionalisms in sales. There are many ways to advance in this career. A major perk is the pay but not so much in commissions. The management there is very helpful with making sure you maintain improvement in this field but watch out for the overload in sales goals and continuous hounding for accounts and new money.
Pros
Good pay, growth within, learning
Cons
short breaks, commissions, sales focus
Not My Cup of Tea
Loan Officer/Banker (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMarch 25, 2016
The company works on a lot of micro management, and not a lot of positive feedback. The systems provided are very slow and outdated. It is incredibly hard to get in touch with other departments within the company. This causes a lot of unsatisfied customers, and a very frustrating work environment. Management expects a lot with little to no coaching or positive encouragement. During the holidays, more sales are demanded, and no "happy holidays' or 'thank you" in return for hard work by employees.
Unfriendly
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Logan, OH 43138June 2, 2016
A typical day at work was helping customers with their everyday banking needs and concerns.

I learned that sometimes a smile can brighten the customers day.

Management was very professional, but sometimes too stiff and unwelcoming to the customers and employees.

The co-workers could also act the same as the management.

The hardest part of the job would be that you couldn't go out of your way to help a customer because management felt it was not our responsibility to do so, it was the personal bankers and loan officers jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that the hours weren't overwhelming.
Depending on what kind of job you're looking for
Survey Agent (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 6, 2016
hardiest, easiest job to have. have to follow script verbatim. no actual customer interaction just say the script, complete the survey and move on. gets boring after a while, bring a book or something to keep you occupied when you aren't getting calls. don't be late, they are very strict about that. management is so so, depending on what team you're on. part time job, cant take extra hours unless they are offered, which isn't often. be prepared to deal with some rude customers. if you meet your goals you get an incentive at the end of the month. the pay sucks.
Pros
PTO, incentive if you meet your goals
Cons
Pay sucks.
Incoming Calls
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2015
Phones, upset customers, upgrade accounts, look for sales, dealing with customers money. Management always adding more things to do. Management is willing to help, can be frustrating at times. Benefits not so great. No support group for Veterans.
Pros
coaching
Cons
Time management, goals, sales, nit–picking