Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Fast paced and high stress
AVP Group Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2015
Strong input from sales force comes through to operational decisions. Big portfolio of loans decisioned by sales. Be prepared to let sales make the decision for you.
Citizens Bank
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Rochester nyJuly 7, 2015
Great work atmosphere, not enough room for advancement or clear communication on career path. Compensation is competitable, jobs are secure for people who perform.
Personal Universal Banker (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAJuly 7, 2015
Good benefits, tough to be promoted

Awesome culture

Decent starting salary

Very ethical bank

Hours are fair

Employees are friendly
driven company with competitive sales goals
o Licensed Banker (Former Employee), North CantonJuly 6, 2015
A combination of great and poor management. High sales goals driven to increase reputation of newly public corporation.
Company going through a major change
Banker II / Branch Business Banker (Former Employee), Orange, CTJuly 4, 2015
Long days at work, unexpected work requirements and inexperience manager. I liked work at Citizens Bank because of the culture and great people.
Great Work Life Balance
AML Analyst (Current Employee), East Providence, RIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great colleagues
Cons: N/A
The company understands that family life and work life are vital to productive and effective employees. Knowing this, the Bank makes every effort to ensure their employees are able to meet their family and work responsibilities which greatly reduces unnecessary stress.
Great experience and amazing colleagues.
Professional Teller (Former Employee), Sinking Spring, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: flexible with scheduling
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work consisted of processing transactions for customers. Examples: cashing checks, taking deposits, credit card payments, loan payments, and sales conversations about different products the bank was offering. I also settled the ATM once a week, and ordered supplies for the branch.

I learned to work with a big diversity of people, and be a successful at doing my job to my fullest potential.

My co-workers were amazing people with happy personalities. We worked as a team to achieve our quarterly goals.

The hardest part of my job was saying no. I am a reliable person! Even on my days off I would come in to work if another colleague called off.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers. I am a people person and enjoy helping others.
Productive and face paced place to work
Data entry, multi-line phone (Former Employee), Riverside, RIJune 28, 2015
Fast pace, interesting and enjoyable, - great place for learning new skills, there is growth potential, employee benefits, employee appreciation
Teller work was pleasant but poorly managed branch
BANK TELLER (Former Employee), New London CTJune 26, 2015
Pros: short weekend hours and steady work schedules
Cons: poor management and underpayment
The job of bank teller was enjoyable. I did enjoy meeting new people and learning about various important monetary skills such as learning money management, loan and mortgage obtaining process. A typical work day consisted of assisting customers with deposits and withdrawals, proper loan placement.Surveying customers accounts and contacting them to touch base of various topics. For example fraud suspection or better money account management. They hardest part of the job was translation of mortgage closings from English to Spanish.
Left after 3 months
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), N Providence, RIJune 26, 2015
After working at Wells Fargo for 13 years it was quite a shock to be trained on Citizen's mortgage origination software. Unfortunately it was not user friendly. For that reason I decided to leave their employ to search for a more innovative mortgage company.
Poor Management and Work/Life Balance
Universal Banker I (Former Employee), Brockton, MAJune 25, 2015
Although I left on good terms, my manager was probably the worst manager I have had thus far. My manager would come in to work late and leave early, expecting everyone mainly my assistant manager to pick up the slack without any coaching. When new hires came to shadow and train, she expected everyone else, but her to coach them. No matter how busy or slow it was, everyone worked from 9:30-7:30. There was never any openers and closers as other branches operated. It was a very stressful environment. Calling out was not an option. Being sick was not an option. It was a very harsh environment to work in.
Exciting Opportunity to learn the hard way
Vice President Branch Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Always hiring
Cons: Always hiring, low compensation to retain top talent, lack of training, lack of support, conflicting communication, conflicting priorities
My typical work day consists of a preset list of daily activities that must be completed before actually meeting with clients. This includes going over past results, action plans per banker for the day/week, a skills review of what areas need additional coaching, and one-on-ones with staff. Additionally, conference calls are a frequent occurrence in some cases two to three day. A kick off call with the region, a Quality Kept Appointment call for investment appointments or lack there of, lending call for appointments, action plan call to hit said goals, and an end of day check out where you have to explain why/how you hit said goals or not with an explanation of activities for the next day/week. If you do not hit the goals you have to stay late for call night, not one day a week but three days you are staying till 7pm (schedules are adjusted).
This is great if you have a full staff (many do not), but you have many new hires without banking experience so the need to coach is evident. It would seem to be a great opportunity to build a team however there is not a "ramp up" time allotted to the staff or the branch. This means that you are the manager/sales person/business banker/ appointment setter/sales coach/assistant branch manager/and licensed baker, all while doing your required daily tasks which are documented in your "binder". This binder is the "bible of the branch" it does not matter if you hit the sales if the binder is out of order, and when you get the binder is in order it does not matter because you did not hit your sales.
I have learned that working – more... for this organization that it has an "idea" of where it wants to go, how it wants to feel, how it wants to sell, but many of the ideas are not their own and are "borrowed from other organizations" meaning this institution does not have a sense of identity within the market and uses the great new idea of the month. Since this company went public it has been cutting expenses which leads to personnel shortfalls, lack of training, lack of support, and general lack knowledge sharing. This organization should focus on an area, develop it, live by it, and hire people who are going to champion it. – less
N/A
Teller (Former Employee), FloaterJune 20, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
The work day was like a usual day at the bank. Handled cash transactions and dealt with customers in a face to face environment
community bank
Regional Manager / Vice President (Current Employee), Medford, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: work life balance was their priority
Cons: very little advancement opportunity
great place to learn banking but not much room for growth because there were very few senior level positions and no systems for growth or employee satisfaction
Not a very secure compnay
Assistant Branch Manager II (Former Employee), Newtown PaJune 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Not a good company
Daily operational work, Teller Manager. Different ways banks do their lending products and how they process applicants. Customer service ideas is always a plus in learning new ways to communicate with your customers. Did not have a good Manager expierence. Hardest part of the job making sure the branch was operationally in place everyday. Employees very friendly and helpful, respected me as their supervisor.
Great Experience
Personal Banker (Current Employee), East Aurora, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great experience, positive learning environment, room to move up, quick learners and confident speakers fit right in.
Cons: Not an easy job, requires hard work and can be stressful.
A typical day at work involves understanding the products and services offered, sufficiently balancing time to make yourself available for sales related activities as well as teller and customer service responsibilities, ensuring transaction accuracy and correct account opening, protecting customer information, keeping up with trainings, and looking out for potential scamming, theft, fraud, or suspicious activity.

Weekly one-on-one meetings with the manager are guaranteed, involving sales performance, customer service skills, growth plans, and motivational activities.

The hardest part of the job is leveraging new business. This requires keeping spirits high in low volume periods, an open and creative mindset, constant motivation, overcoming objections, and thinking on your feet. The best part is looking back on a good day, knowing that you performed well and your superiors will thank you for your efforts. Being able to help others while achieving your own goals is an awesome feeling.

I have never had a problem with management. The best bosses I will ever have are at Citizens. They acknowledge achievements and teach those who are willing to learn.
fast pace service
Teller Manager/ Branch Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2015
typical day was helping customers with issues opening accounts multitasking from teller side to customer service side. What made citizens a fun place was my co workers we became a family and we always looked out for one another.
Customer service is very important to Citizens Bank
Teller II (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIJune 11, 2015
Pros: The hour lunch.
Cons: Same customers all the time.
Retail customers all ways have alot of money to count and it was fun seeing all of it at once. What I learned is that you must pay attention when count money. The one hour lunch was the best.
Fast paced and detail oriented place to work for.
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, DEJune 10, 2015
A typical day working at Citizens Bank is pretty much routine. In the event that something came up that was out of the ordinary, co-workers as well as management was always available to assist. The hardest part of the job was paying close attention to each transaction so that the transaction could remain error free. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, most of which were regular customers.
Use to your own advancement
Metadata Analyst (Current Employee), work from homeJune 9, 2015
Pros: work from home; good pay and benefits
Cons: weak management
I worked on the technical side of Citizens. There is a general lack of leadership. Management is very weak and generally lacking in skills to get the job done. This is a culture of back stabbing and blame seeking.

There is also a general sense of instability. Managers have been removed from their positions for no reason (documented or otherwise). People with less experience and leadership ability are promoted without a job listing even being posted. Nepotism is rampant. At any time, your career opportunities may seem great and then nonexistent the next day.

I think if you are planning to use the company to get a skill or pay raise, go for it. I don't think this is a company in which to build a career. If you are at all ambitious and intelligent, use the opportunity and keep your ear to the ground and plan to move on eventually.

PROS: You can command a good salary coming in from the outside, benefits are great and they will let you work from home.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Salaries

$10.85 per hour
Banker
$35,000 per year

Citizens Bank Photos

We all donated money and raced for charity.