Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

Great People, great leadership
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for a company that was very concerned for its workers and shared it's wealth.
Great place to work.
Providence - PT/FT Bank Teller (Former Employee), Milford, CTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: all the hershey kisses you could eat!!
Cons: lots of pressure to consistently meet goals
Enjoyed working with people everyday. It was challenging to meet the goals that were required. All the co-workers turned into great friends.
Productive and learning environment
Assistant Branch Manager/Business Banker (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: looked forward to my bonuses, great learning experiences.
Cons: very long hours and days.
Long hours, coach personal banks, make 15-20 out bound calls daily to get appointments for new sales opportunities.

I learnt how to be a manager, sale person and a teller at Citizens Bank.

Management worked aggressively to deepen the banks foot print and name on Long Island.

My co-workers, were competitive, willing to learn and supportive.

The hardest – more... part of my job was working long days and weekends which was a challenge at times but i got it done.

Managing and motivating my team to achieve our goals. – less
Good Compensation Package Bad Corporate Culture
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: culture
You can earn a good base salary and the commissions are great, but you will have to work your tail off to earn them. This is definitely a 50+ hour a week job. Management is proficient with internal systems but aren't always knowledgeable about big picture professional development and can be more concerned with managing activity than ultimate results. – more... There is a ton of reporting and at least twice weekly conference calls.

There seems to be a lack of team spirit, mostly because everyone is so busy worrying about their own very aggressive goals. Lines of business partners are often spread too thin to help you succeed in the many areas where you will be expected to perform.

I have witnessed a number of occasions where people were unjustly "thrown under the bus" and other types of unprofessional behavior were exhibited. This type of behavior is apparently acceptable provided that the person doing the throwing is a good producer.

This is a British company owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) so there are constant rumors of a sale or takeover as RBS may be interested in divesting in North America. – less
Good overall
Contact Center Specialist III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2014
I love working for the company, and going to work each day. Great focus on customer satisfaction. Sometimes the management can be too hands on with employees life outside of work.
Fun place to work
Loan Operation Analyst (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: all about numbers
The company has great benefits. I have enjoyed my years working at Citizens Bank. Have seen many changes within the company since I started working there some for the good and some for the bad.
Good Company but seems to be falling.
Senior Teller/Assistant Teller Manager (Current Employee), North Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, benefits
Cons: short lunch, high tension
Citizens is a good company to work for if it's not strictly on the retail side. If you're a teller or banker the days can be stressful and the workload can be heavy. Titles such as Assistant Manager or Branch Manager, loan officers, mortgage officers, tend to be the better type of employment within Citizens.
Unethical Company towards customers!
Assistant Branch manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, vacation time.
Cons: doing things to meet your goal when you know it'not the right thing to do. just don't get caught.
Company was great to work for up to 2010. After that you were persuaded to get family members open accounts, open checking account for a penny, ask older ppl or friends to redo their lines if credit so you can make your goal,( most older ppl have good credit and no debt) get ppl to take 2&3 credit cards to make goal. Operations were only cared about – more... when it was getting close to be audited by corporate. Company loved you for sales but would throw you under the bus if something came up in an audit. This is 100% true ask any employee. Citizens acts like they care about their customers and does service calls, actually the only reason they call is to sell you more stuff. Lead lists are displayed to colleagues showing what you may be approved for. 2 call nights a week until 7:00pm for 2 hrs. It's called "smile and dial". Citizens paid good and colleagues were awesome but the ethics in that company are scary. – less
Good small company
Acting/ Assistant Bank Manger/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Medford, MAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great personnel hard workers
Cons: management to comfortable in their positions
Great personnel who work hard.
Benefits are lacking
Pay follows the market
A fast pace learning environment.
Corporate Trainer III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaFebruary 6, 2014
A great place to work. Good benefits and enjoyable people. You will be provided with all opportunities necessary to move your career in the right direction.
Very stressful job
Teller (Former Employee), Nashua, NHFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: managers, drama, long hours, not enough pay
Was not a good place to work for the act like they care about you and they really don't. Managers get away with everything and don't get in trouble for it. The managers motto is do as I say not as I do.
Fun and enjoyale staff to work with.
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Tomahawk, WIJanuary 30, 2014
Great bank to be employee for. Training and staff were very helpful entering the bank employment after many years. Very much a family work life balance schedule.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 27, 2014
Answered calls email and kept contact with customer on online banking top customer and issues with overdraft fees
Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank Operations Clerk V (Former Employee), Riverside, RIJanuary 25, 2014
Daily Input fraud claims from customers. Daily customer Service calls from customers and branches with concerns on fraud claims. Request information from other banks due to fraud claim
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
INVOLVED MANAGEMENT
Citizens
Teller Manager I (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MAJanuary 23, 2014
I love the operations aspect of this job.
Customer service part was also enjoyable, I loved to interact with customers on a day to day basis.
The sales, that was a lot harder, and difficult to maintain the quality of referrals to ensure that they "season", otherwise you do not get paid any bonuses.
Poor management.
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low wages, poor incentive programs, unfair evaluation process and poor management.
The management at Citizens bank was very poor. Employees are micromanaged by very unprofessional managers . Citizens Bank does not live up to its own credo to value the employees . The co-workers are wonderful people .They work within hostile environments created by poor process implementation and treatment from management at all levels.
Company only cares about sale at hand - not retention of staff/customer appreciation
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Walpole, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Citizens Bank used to be a great place to work up until 2011. The company is strictly focused on the sale at hand and what can be done to open another checking account for a customer. They do not show they value their employees and have turned conversing with customers into robotic conversations. Despite the company repeatedly stating they want to win – more... over a customer relationship they are only focused on getting the checking account right away without giving the customer time to breath. I am very much customer oriented and want to make sure I always go the extra mile to learn my clients. I offer them a recommendation based on their needs and have grown long standing relationships by putting my customer in control. I enjoy working with customers everyday to help them solve their financial goals but it is difficult to do this as everyone is being micro-managed to the fullest extent. – less
great company
Teller Manager (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJanuary 20, 2014
the company no longer exists, however it was a great company to work for, great atmosphere.
Strong Sales Environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Concord, NHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: recognition
Cons: strong sales culture
strong sales culture. excellent benefits and compensation

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos