Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

Poor management
Blank (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short staff
Management has no clue on how to manage a branch. Majority of the branches are short staff. There is no opportunity for advancement.
Stressful Work Environment
Teller (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2014
Pros: guaranteed hours
Cons: more responsibilities with no pay raises
The company is unwilling to provide multiple advancement opportunities and puts blocks in place to make getting a raise close to impossible.
Mass Market focused
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Latham, NYMay 23, 2014
Extensive Branch and ATM network with very convenient hours.
The health benefits were great but the compensation was not fair or consistent
Deposit Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
A normal day for me began around 7:00 a.m. and ended no earlier than 5:30 p.m. depending on the workload or the "fires" that had to be addressed. My immediate manager as well as his direct manager and I had an open, honest and very good relationship. We were all supportive and complimented each other very well. My staff of 20 were very diverse, so there – more... were challenges on a daily basis, but for the most part we all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job for me were when the disciplinary tasks had to be done. I don't enjoy pointing out someone else's shortfalls, but I knew it had to be done, so I was always very tactful and respectful of their feelings. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. Whether it was assisting my staff with a difficult question/decision, shooting the breeze or brainstorming with my manager, whenever time allowed or pleasing a client. – less
Not a good place to work
Banker (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2014
The only upside to the job is the time off. Low pay high expectations, and most managers are hired from the outside. Focus is on opening as many useless accounts as possible.
stressful
Personal Banker (Current Employee), New Haven, CTMay 20, 2014
Pros: tuition reinbursement
Cons: everything else
tough goals; from teller to banker to manager. Customer service environment with an added pressure to sell
The customers and day to day were amazing.
Full Time Teller (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMay 20, 2014
Pros: getting to know so many wonderful people
Cons: low pay, long hours
I loved being around people all day and the environment was very home town. Running transactions, closing accounts, and resetting debit cards were just a few of the daily tasks that were accomplished. My manager was OK, she was unwilling to work with my school schedule so i had to make a decision to leave and chase my career, or stay and work for very – more... little pay.So i left to follow my career goals. – less
fun place good co workers
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 14, 2014
learned to handle pressure , deal with the customers and interact on a daily basis helping me with customer service skills
Love helping the customers
Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Business Banker (Current Employee), Randolph, MAMay 8, 2014
Pros: customer interactions
Cons: opportunity for advancement
Getting to know my customers and helping them with their banking needs and educating them about all the benefits that the bank offers is the most enjoyable part of my job. Part of my day includes coaching the tellers and bankers to reach their sale goals. The most important thing that I learned is to listen attentively to the customers and co-workers
Good Working environment
Assistant Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Bedford, MAMay 8, 2014
Great people works there and a lot of local clients
Friendly people
Great technology
Great hours
Teller Position
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Philadelphia PaMay 7, 2014
I worked for Santander Bank in 2008 when it was still called Sovereign Bank. Tellers started to be expected to do sale referrals which I didn't like because I didn't sign on to be a sales representative. However for being a teller the pay at the time was decent at $10.00 per hour. A teller's job is not too difficult.
A lot of transition
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 5, 2014
It's the banking world so there's a lot of transitioning. There's a lot of instability and the company is very sales driven.
I would rate Citizens overall rating as a 5 star
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Latham, NYMay 4, 2014
Pros: recognitions, reward, payouts
Cons: time for family, breaks for doctor appt
Working for Citizens I would rate Job Work/Life Balance a 5 star. We make work as fun as possible even on tough days. A typical day at work could be everything from servicing new and existing customer, coaching colleagues, buddy time (helping tellers how to recognize opportunities for referral and cross sells. In management, I've learned how to do 1/1 – more... with other co-worker, deal with conflicts and oversee and be accountable for not only personal goals but branch overall goals with can be the hardest. The most enjoyable part of my job is bring satisfaction to customers and co-workers.
Benefits are great, payouts for achieving goals are very rewarding. – less
Fun place to work
Banker (Former Employee), New Paltz, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: hourly rate
Cons: quotas
Phone con to begin business and I learned how to be a banker. My management was great and goal oriented. My co workers were great as well and we helped each other. Hardest part was accounting for all money at end of the day. The most enjoyable is pay scale.
a lot of sales goals
Banker (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: favoritism
don't become an universal banker ever! universal branches don't get enough customer on the platform. you are basically just a teller forever.
Productive and fun workplace.
Teller (Former Employee), Unadilla, NYApril 28, 2014
My daily duties included making withdrawals and deposits for customers. Answering phones and assisted customers with their accounts.Balancing drawer and making sure on track with goals and trainings. I absolutely loved my co workers.
excellence in banking
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, JamaicaApril 25, 2014
compensation and benefits were excellent,
friendly and knowledgeable staff
Excellent job security
Highly Sales Focused
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: pay is pretty good. each day is different.
Cons: constant micro managing. highly sales focused, but the customer shouldn't know it, so it's a constant battle.
I went into this job with a high level of self-motivation and proven high performing sales ability. Every bit of your day is micromanaged as they suck every bit of sales out of you as possible. There is no longer any room for any intrinsic sales motivation, other than saving your job.

As an "Evergreen" Assistant Manager (where you don't exactly have – more... a place of your own yet) you can be shuffled anywhere. This has good and bad consequences. It's good because you see how lots of different managers/branches do things, but bad because you are fighting constantly to figure out what the "right way" is to do things.

Also, as an Assistant Manager, you're in a weird spot where you are still responsible for sales and looked at as the example, however, lots of your day is taken up by customer concerns and branch operations, and the employees don't respect the Assistants as much as the Branch Managers, so it's a constant battle to do any sort of management whatsoever.

As far as sales go, you are constantly fighting with fellow colleagues for sales because you are told that the customer needs to view you as their "personal banker". However, especially in the "in-store" environment in Giant Eagle, you are just viewed as a service. Good luck having customer keep their scheduled appointments with you. They don't know that banking is commission based. – less
Very customer service oriented. Fun and productive place to work
Savvy relationship-builder (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: lunch is 45min, benefits, vacation
Cons: turnover
Customer service is very important at Citizens Bank. The first words out of my mouth when I see a customer is Good morning! Welcome to Citizens Bank. I've learned the importance of exceptional customer service. What I have learned has made me more aware of the level of service I receive at other places of business. In the almost 13 years that I have – more... been with the company I have worked for 3 managers. My managers and I have gotten along great! My fellow employees have become a second family to me. – less
Not a good place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), West Grove, PAApril 23, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: sales pressure, short lunches, horrible pay with non existant raises.
Management cares nothing about their employees. No overtime yet expected to work sometimes 12 days straight without a day off. If you like sales and selling product to customers who dont need it then this is your job.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos