Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

Great People
Credit/Risk Intern (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHMarch 1, 2015
It was very relaxed atmosphere with people who were willing to help with anything you needed. If you needed help or asked anything, you were typically helped out.
Lack Follow Through
Licensed Banker (Current Employee), Mystic, CTFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: products and location
Cons: leadership, consistancy, and follow through
Citizens has good bones as a bank. They have strong products, good overall direction, and is located in a market where they can compete for most retail clients. They lack communication between departments, helping their employees be successful, and their bonus structure is overly complex.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Operations Associate II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: salary was very low for the positions they offered
My day was very busy in the beginning, then the work began to cut back later on. I give the Management high honors for pushing their employees to keep advancing to the next level in their careers.

My Co-Worker's were great... I enjoyed going to work every day. I part of my job was traveling from office to office.
Good people, deceitful hiring
Personal Banker Universal (Current Employee), New HampshireFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great colleagues, good time off and benefits
Cons: deceptive hiring process, blocked from having a chance at bonus
The people I worked with are great people who know their job and genuinely care about customers.

That being said, I would caution anyone applying for Universal Banker spots. I was told during my hiring that the job would be 70% banker and 30% teller. Instead, I have been stuck on teller for months. I haven't had a chance to sit with a single customer.

Naturally, that means no chance at even making bonus payout. Instead, I am behind teller line every day, except when I make phone calls (but the appointments go to someone else to conduct). It is very frustrating and I am already looking for another job.

I was hoping to at least have a chance at making bonus because there is no way I can make it on my base pay. I took the job because I felt that I had a real chance at making my goals as a banker. Instead, I have been kept from doing that. I am looking for another job, and would strongly caution others looking at the universal banker position.
productive workplace.
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good brand
Cons: sales pressure, high turnover.
It was so fun although once the turnover changed my whole team, it wasnt fun anymore and the pressure wasn't motivating so I quit.
Decent
Executive Assistant to SVP of Operations (Former Employee), Medford, MAFebruary 23, 2015
They were a decent company to work for. Since I was laid off Royal Bank of Scotland took them over and know people who still work there and said the company isn't what it was.
Bank with pleasant atmosphere and employee focus
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Pelham, NHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: insurance, liberal holiday, sick and vacation time.
Cons: schedule is varied and not predictable
A typical day of work starts with branch opening and security inspections. Process night deposits and operate drive up and teller station and all other cash and monetary transactions. Greet customers with warmth and politeness with the expectation to know them and needs. Work with co-workers is the easiest part of day with the hardest being staffing constraints.
Learning Experience
Collections Associate (Former Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: nada
Cons: everything
I learned that many people can have financial difficulty for many different reasons. I also learned that if you are nice to people you can get them to work with you to resolve a problem. I also learned that some people will only be nice if they want something and that they will not lose sleep over letting people go from a job just because they had too many people hired. I was pretty young when I took this job and learned trust your initial instinct about a coworker because it is usually right.
Good Place to Work
Operations Associate II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: employee perks
Cons: salary was very low for the positions they offered
In the beginning things were very busy... But as time went on, the work began to slow down. My Co-Worker's were very friendly people to work with... I enjoyed working with everyone.
My co-workers were great and I like retail banking
Full-Time Teller Manager (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: i like the operational part of retail banking.
Cons: working long days with no lunch or breaks.
Ctizens Bank had changed in the 14 years I worked there. Last October it no longer was part of Royal Bank of Scotland and there were a lot stricter policies put in place.
Daryl Lloyd
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee), philadelphia,paFebruary 18, 2015
I would like to obtain a position where I can contribute to the success of my employer. I would implement core values I gained through various work experience, such as my interpersonal skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills and work ethic.
Pass on that.
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: Lots of teller work. Lots of training. Learn some industry regulation
Cons: Hassling micro-managers, poor pay and benefits, little room for advancement, frustrating incentive structure.
Each day in a Citizens Bank branch is a new opportunity to be brow beaten, berated, dejected, derided, scolded, reprimanded, reproached, rebuked, admonished, disciplined, chewed out and denied incentive bonuses.
Some days, if management is on vacation, a new person is given the opportunity to perform these services for you.
Every sale has a fifty percent chance of being denied incentive credit for innumerable reasons. Hundred dollar sales routinely get thrown out by technicality or because colleagues are ineligible for bonuses.
Every employee is rated 1-5 each year. The vast majority are rated a lowly 1 or 2 strategically making them ineligible for bonus, promotion, transfer, or raises for the next year. This keeps the minions toiling away on the teller lines without thinking of sales opportunities which could cloud them with false hope.
Fresh faced employees, or ‘regulatory nightmares’, are hired in at much higher salaries than established employees, augmenting the already disconsolate branch morale. Tenure for most employees is about two years, which leads to the most obvious recommendation; Treat this company as a way station to greener pastures. Somewhere out there is a company that values you. Don’t seek that attention at Citizens Bank. Talented folk need not apply.
Friendly environment and great customer service
Intern (Former Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fast paste, great customer service and professionalism
Cons: no so polite customers
I would assist clients on the phone, I was the key holder for the safety deposit boxes, and filed and organized documents. I made sure the area was organized and clean and directed clients to the right customer service representative.
Best place I've ever worked, pay could be better though.
TELLER (Current Employee), BellevueFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: very relaxed management, decent benefits, steady hours.
Cons: below avg pay, raises are seldom and minimal, no overtime.
While working here I've learned more about the legal side to all transactions and was able to do some cross-training which is not normal but was permitted. Management is great but only at this location in my opinion, very understanding. Co-workers are very friendly and the entire branch is very Christian oriented. Hardest part of the job is...well there's really nothing hard about it, tellering is easy.
The most enjoyable part is around Christmas time when they give you a bonus that's equal to or better than your normal paycheck.
Fast paced, procedural based position
Teller (Former Employee), East Providence, RIFebruary 15, 2015
A very repetitive job being a teller at Citizens Bank. The starting pay was not up to par with the amount of responsibilities and duties involved in a daily basis. Management skills began to collapse since the Branch Manager transferred. I learned how to deal with large amounts of money and dealing with customers and building relationships. Very tedious job when dealing with large business deposits and dealing with regular customers constantly. Loved the pace, just not what I would get in return both financially and from management.
Great pay and benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Cicero, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great hours, benefits and pay
Cons: unprofessionalism, downsizing
Citizens offers a much higher salary than their competitors, however that is due to the fact that they are very sales-driven. The managers are often very unprofessional, which can make the workday difficult. It is a job that requires a lot of patience with customers as well since you are dealing with their money.
Maintaining projects
Program Manager (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 11, 2015
Typical day at work is to punch in and work on projects from the most important to the least. you are given assignments that have deadlines but know one is breathing down your neck. My co-workers are the best they all are helpful and team oriented. most enjoyable part of my job was to go to lunch with my team members and create ways to better our department.
Nice Job
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: many different opportunities
Cons: not hiring
I love working here; I was only a temp and I was able to learn so much about Equity Processing, Team Work, and the mortgage industry. Great Leaders and Supervisors.
Steady, friendly
Teller (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: lunches, christmas parties
Cons: healthcare, 401k
Customer service, safety deposit box, ATM machine, drive through window, series EE bonds or any types of bonds, coins orders cash orders
Challenging and active place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Bristol, RIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: becoming friendly with the customers
Days are busy tending to the customers financial needs and answering their questions. I have worked with the best group of co-workers. Patience is required plus the ability to effectively use time management. Any challenge on the job is a great learning experience. The best part of the job is dealing with the customers and becoming a member of their community. The short time you deal with them you get to have a friendly conversation and learn about them

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos