Citizens Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,066 reviews matching the search
Unethical and illegal practices
Relationship Manager, Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2016
Senior management from retail to wealth management promote unethical and illegal practices. They could care less about the client and the idea of finding ways to convince clients they needed a 2nd and 3rd checking account or forcing them to do a loan or credit card application without their approval. Managements shows how to illegally obtain attain accounts by telling people different things. Techniques on how to cheat the compensation system is also taught by senior management to branch managers. As long as you can put up fake numbers then senior managers love you. Senior management will hire anyone to be a branch managers, as many have no experience in management. No experience required just be a pretty face is the motto there. HR is a nightmare as if you report anything about upper management anonymously it gets told to the manager who reported them for things. Management is notorious for having relationships with their direct reports so that people could get promoted.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Senior management, corruption, illegal practices.
Citizens is a large institution whith many different avenues one can persue.
Branch Manager, Branch Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAMay 23, 2016
This is a more fun highly energized company to work for. Great benefits with many avenues one can follow for their career path. This is a fast paced environment that has flexible hours with the ability to set schedules that work for those who enjoy the ability to work over seven days as they are seven days a week.
Productive, deadlines and quotas met daily
Deposit Operations Support File clerk (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 20, 2016
It was an enjoyable place to work, it is not a good place if you are looking for job security, they prefer to hire temp rather then full time employees.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
long days
pleasent
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 20, 2016
I like my job, I do not loe it. But I am thankful for the Customer service experience i have gotten, the amount of people i was able to help financially and get them out of their financial bind. I would say knowing my customers have been completely staisfied with my service and able to get out of debt is the best most rewarding feeling ever.
A consultants view
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 20, 2016
As a consultant it was a great place to work. I had no difficulties or issues with other staff members. From what I could see, no one was being overworked or putting in excessive hours. There was equality across gender lines and most people seemed happy.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Not the most modern places in the world
Great company to start the career
Licensed Banker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 17, 2016
You are always busy with activities: teller line, customer services, calling sessions. The time will fly by. Once you get to know customers you become part their family.
Cons
No water, you have to bring your own.
Productive outgoing busy enviorment
PERSONAL BANKER/TELLER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
Everything was great customers were awesome and friendly excellent atmosphere. Learned new things daily and met new people love making them satisfied by getting the job well done to meet there needs.
Professional atmosphere
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAMay 11, 2016
the training and management needs improvement but my overall experience working for them as been wonderful! Great colleagues, great customers.
Summary
Senior Personal Banker >Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2016
Very micro-managed work environment. Constant turnover makes the job very difficult to get comfortable. Not a great incentive plan
fast paced environment, good training
Loan Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2016
Good company with good benefits. they care about employees and actually take time to train you so that you can be more suitable for the job, which a lot of companies don't have anymore nowadays.
Pros
lot of training resources, good benefit, professional
Cons
not much to say about cons
Depending on what kind of job you're looking for
Survey Agent (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 6, 2016
hardiest, easiest job to have. have to follow script verbatim. no actual customer interaction just say the script, complete the survey and move on. gets boring after a while, bring a book or something to keep you occupied when you aren't getting calls. don't be late, they are very strict about that. management is so so, depending on what team you're on. part time job, cant take extra hours unless they are offered, which isn't often. be prepared to deal with some rude customers. if you meet your goals you get an incentive at the end of the month. the pay sucks.
Pros
PTO, incentive if you meet your goals
Cons
Pay sucks.
Fun place to work with great benefits.
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 3, 2016
Great place to work. Good people with great benefits. Training was good even for someone with no financial background.
A Day At Citizens
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2016
I really love this job, the customers (some) are awesome and fun to interact with. Everyday I look forward into going to work but some days I feel down because my manager is inconsistent with a lot of things. For instance Saturdays and Paid Time Off I just don't like how she operates it.
Pros
Good Benefits, Overtime Great, and Awesome Vacation Time, Pay Period
Cons
Schedule, How the vacation schedule is done, Customer Stat
na
Universal Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 2, 2016
No review at this time currently. Only thing I would change would be that the structure and training at the company could be more stable and consistent.
fun and busy location
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  longwood ave, boston, maMay 1, 2016
there were things I loved about this job and things that I hated about this job. it was fun to learn new skills and to assists with customer service, I loved being in management and the challenges that came with being a manager. I didn't like the sales aspect of the job and the pressure to obtain new accounts. overall it was a pretty decent job.
Pros
the people
Cons
sales
Great opportunity
Fraud data analyst/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 30, 2016
Its a great place to work but compensation and raises are not. However i would recommend this company for anyone who is looking for longevity.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Pay
Wonderful people who care about their co-wokers
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2016
Liked working there. The job became more about sales than about what is best for the customer. Management is not the best, some managers did not value their employees.
Citizens Bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 25, 2016
In a typical workday, you open the branch, get everything set up and prepared for the day behind the line and talk about what each bankers goals are for the day. Once the bank is open, you conduct normal transactions over the line and answer any questions customers have. Depending on the question, you can sit in the office with the customer, talk and possibly open a new product or service for them. At the end of the day, you balance out and clean up.

I personally did learn a lot from working at Citizens. I learned basic knowledge like how a cash advance works to complex information such as how to identify customers needs based on their banking transactions.

My management was great. My branch manager taught me how to sell products over the teller line when I never had experience with that before and my regional manager was extremely friendly to every associate in his region. My coworkers were hard working.

The hardest part of the job was the sales. There was weekly goals the branch had to reach and personal quarterly goals. Some weeks were slower than others. As the bankers, we would try to transition every non customer to a customer however a majority of them said no and management was not pleased with it.

The most enjoyable part was the joy on customers faces after you helped them with any situation. They would come in thinking there was no way anyone could help and we still managed to work something out.
Pros
convenient hours, great training and management
Cons
constant pressure to achieve goals
very stable and productive job with many opportunities for advancement
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXApril 21, 2016
i was hired as a bookkeeper in charge of return items and collections, then advanced to the Loan Department, where I processed commercial and residential loans. This required very detailed and due diligence in all areas. We verified loan payoffs and received and posted payments. This Bank specialized in Oil and Gas Entitys, so we had to be fluent in our knowledge of leases and worked with the Texas Railroad Commission to assure proper procedures were filed.
Pros
Structured and Professional
Company had a large amount of turnover and was in transition
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHApril 18, 2016
Very fast paced with paying a large attention to detail. Management skills were sharpened and customer service was a very high priority.