Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

High energy, fast paced, customer satisfaction a priority
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: i live less than a mile away, and have walked to work sometimes!
Cons: there is increasing pressure and related stress regarding goal expectations.
It has been my pleasure to work with several wonderful people, including the branch manager and assistant branch manager. In addition to my role as personal banker, I have also been trained to help on the teller side when needed. The branch that I work in is a very busy location, and the day seems to fly by sometimes. There are trainings to complete every month, customer appointment trackers, and goals to meet every day, every week, every month, and every quarter.
The hardest part of my job has been during the last year especially the last six months. We have been short on the teller side, so my "once-in-a-while" has become daily. It has become quite stressful to try to maintain my goals as a banker, and remain a team player within the branch overall. My strengths are in customer service. In a typical day, I may help an elderly lady "fix" her checkbook, open a new account for a 17 year old high school student, or help someone consolidate their expenses with a great credit card offer.
Senior Contract Recruiter
Senior Contract Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Citizens Bank is a great place to work. The recruitment team and leadership work well together as a team. I highly recommend as an employer.
Productive and fun work enviornment with advancement easily obtainable
Immediate Customer Response Supervisor (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria with pricesbetter than fast food places
Cons: short breaks, time watch
I had great co-workers and management support. As long as you are a hard-worker who show up to work everyday, you will be a valued employee with unlimited advancement. The amount of employee benefits for work and personal are more than most employers are well.
Highly sales driven
Manager (Former Employee), PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: trained well, great benefits
Cons: long hours, unreasonably high targets
Extremely high sales driven environment, with minimal focus on other skills. Company offers great products but puts emphasis on selling products that customers don't necessarily need. Long hours and very hard to reach targets therefore very difficult to receive incentive. company makes it difficult for one to meet its goals.
RBS Citizens is a tense workplace where you a constantly micromanaged.
Consumer Counselor II (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no sense of security, weak managers
At RBS Citizens a typical department consists of 35 colleagues. Of the 35 colleagues 7 are supervisors. You are constantly getting contradictory information from one supervisor to the next. They manage by fear and browbeating their employees. Their is no clearly defined goal. When the goal is changed it is not expressed to colleagues until the colleague is reprimanded for not following it
good job, bad career.
Universal Banker (Current Employee), PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: paid days off
Cons: micromanagement, long hours
Gave everything a 3 except job culture. Make no mistake; this is a sales organization. They teach you how to sell the products, but do not teach you (with much detail) what the products are. You are extremely micromanaged. The company might as well have everyone wearing a camera on their chin to monitor and see everything that they do in a given day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a culture where enough is never enough. The most enjoyable part is the paid days off, the coworkers (which obviously varies from one branch to the next) and some of the regular customers that you will get to know. My biggest issue is that while I left high school and went to college and earned a degree, because I am not working in my field, I am working UNDER an assistant manager that is a complete ditz. Think Tila Tequila meshed with a turtle. She was hired as an assistant manager though because when she left high school she worked at a retail store in the mall and after 10 years doing something that ANYONE can do she became an assistant manager peddling clothing.... I guess that's all Citizen's needs to see; no credit given for having ambition and pursuing college, sticking it out and earning your degree. Had I known that, I'd have stayed with McDonald's when I was 16, worked my way up to manager then left for a bank!
no comment
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 30, 2014
i prefer not to answer these questions i work for citizens and i am looking for a more secure position there are plenty opportunities with this company. I enjoy my co-workers and am able to build a great rapport with the customers every day. I enjoy educating customers on how they can save their homes and save their money.
Company lacks vision
Regional Manager, Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 29, 2014
Local management continues to strive to move company forward but lacks vision and experience to drive startegy.
Misleading and pushy environment, constantly having to impose on customers
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee), albany new yorkDecember 28, 2014
Pros: they are always hiring
Cons: hope you like being a teller, cause that's what you'll be, even if you are hired to do something else.
Was hired to be a universal banker, to push products and help open new accounts. Turns out, they have everyone be a teller now, and in this branch, it's a full time gig. And you are expected to push products to people on the line, and they will we rite you up if you don't get these new account opened even though you are on a teller line all day. I feel bamboozled by how the job was presented to me and the experience after only one week has me resigning immediately. I'm crushed and not sure why they wouldn't just have tellers and bankers separately hired? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm going to end up with no job and regretting this whole experience.
Temp position
UNIVERSAL PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
This was a temp position for me. Work there for 7 months. Friendly environment. Great group of people there. The work was great and also cafe.
Three Stars
Senior Loan Officer in Mortgage Department (Former Employee), Altoona, PADecember 26, 2014
working at Citizens was a good banking experience mixing it with the mortgage products and crossing selling in which was developed. Citizen's had an array of products and was structured in a particular process. we as originators had the responsibility of several counties with overwhelming of at least 21 branches due to the ability to retain their employees. If, I were to only service half of the branches the customer service and processing would have went a lot smoother and the ability to close a loan would have been more successful. I really enjoyed my colleagues and continue to remain friends with them at Citizens as I do with First Commonwealth colleagues.
its just makes it very difficult to be able to service the branches and colleagues in a good customer service atmosphere with the operational centers not be able to close the loans.
Kept productive
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: office enviroment felt disarraed
1.Huddle up in the morning for our daily goals
2.Helped new and existing customers with all banking issues.
3.Banking needs would include checking, savings, security box, dealing with complainants.
4. I felt that is was a very outdated branch and left out on its own in a lot of ways.
Network Monitoring
Network Technician (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 21, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: job moved to ohio
Management and staff always provided support and training whenever required. All teams worked together to accomplish a task. When ever I worked alone, I could always consult the team members for recommendations to resolve any issue.

A typical day with supporting the Bank's Line of Business. Verifying the transmission of Bank Data migrated successfully during the night. The San Array Drives were healthy. All check list were completed on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team co-operation for successful operational procedures resolutions.

The hardest part of the job was it migrated to Ohio.
Enjoyable Job
Flex Banker (Former Employee), Ludlow, MADecember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no notice on nights to stay late
On a daily basis, I would meet the needs of our customers. Whether it was a deposit, or a loan application, or a review to make sure the customer was receiving all of the benefits they were entitled to. I decided to leave citizens bank when I was to return to college and complete my degree. The hardest part of this job was being told I would have to stay three hours late and only being given two hours notice because our regional manager would decide that we needed to do more cold calling. The most enjoyable part of this job was my customers and coworkers.
Citizens culture is changing
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Old Lyme, CTDecember 18, 2014
Very Disappointed in how the culture has changed since coming back to Citizens Bank. It's not the same here anymore... it's always been about chasing widgets however they used to let you manage and breath. There are so many processes now you trip over them!
good benefits and some incentives
Ops Associate 1 (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2014
Pros: collegue appreciation week
Cons: working the night shift
Most enjoyable part of my job was the learning I got from my peers and the learning links program we were allowed to utilize.
Supportive environment with great work/life balance
Regional Credit Supervisor AVP (Current Employee), Warwick, RIDecember 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is being creative and innovative each day while solving problems for our national dealer base.
bank
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee), Providence, RIDecember 11, 2014
slow days cashing checks- unstructured- no advancement- constantly changing goals
bad management
great as a contractor, horrendous as a FTE (from a former contractor and almost former FTE)
PM (Current Employee), RIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: contractor awesome
Cons: fte horrible
no support from managers or coworkers.
no training, unrealistic expectations, zero work life balance. devalue FTEs.

pros:
if you are contractor, it's everything opposite of above.

don't waste your time and energy as a FTE for these slave drivers. If you elect to work here as a FTE, invest in a mule costume
Productive and fun workplace with Strong Managers
Contact Center Specialist III (Current Employee), Cranston, RIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere
Cons: 2nd shift only
My typical day of work in a call center is logging into my computer 10 minutes before, reading all necessary emails and updates and logging into all my systems. After 2.5 hours we receive a break and then we have a daily 10 minute huddle. about 50-100 calls a day are taken. Ive learned to be patient and pace myself. Id like to know everything at once, but stopping to read and soak in the knowledge is better than hurrying at first. My co-workers are amazing. We laugh together and feel bonded as a work family. The hardest part of the job is trying to explain a difficult concept 4 or 5 different ways so our customers can understand it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that Im as siting our customers with a smile on my face that spills over the phone. My customers brighten up and that really makes my day.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos