Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

nothing is enough
Personal Universal Banker (Current Employee), SE Penn.April 8, 2014
Pros: not many recently
Cons: treating people like children
A typical day involves interacting with customers. Recently I have been learning about different aspects of banking only because my direct manager has been very helpful. In my experience anyone above the branch manager only has negative things to say no matter if you are the best performer or not.
AWESOME CO WORKERS
Teller (Former Employee), Wolfeboro, NHApril 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours and management. values of company suck
was nice to work with the people I worked with. But Corporate and Reg Mangers and Branch Manager was AWFUL
Friendly place to work
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cranston, RIApril 4, 2014
Pros: a great benefits package
I answer phone call for customers as well as employees. I help solve issues for customer that agents on the floor are unable to do. I help employees find ways to help the customer with their banking needs.
The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to satisfy the customer every need. 90% of the time I am able to help the customer. The best part – more... of my job is that I can follow a customer issue from beginning to the final resolution. Management is great at Citizens they will help guide you to further your carrier. – less
Overall good company to work for
Branch Manager/Bank Officer (Former Employee), Cicero, NYApril 3, 2014
For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the realtionships I built within the company and with the customers and businesses in the community. I learned a lot while working there with regard to banking and regulations as well as networking and sustaining relationships. It was a balance of sales and service with coaching and succession planning.
Its ok
Senior personal banker (Current Employee), norwell, maApril 2, 2014
Handle customer transactions. Open bank accounts, sell loans.
Challenging sales enviroment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), East WarehamMarch 31, 2014
Citizens Bank is a good place to work. It is very challenging and a high stress, high demand sales environment.
Good benefits for their employees.
Good learning experience
Branch Manager/Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Over the years of being with this Company , there was a great deal of training, products, and sales.
I was with this company for 10 yrs, and have held various positions. I grew from a PT Teller , to become a Branch Manager.
They have molded me to have all of the tools essential to be a great Branch Manager
Dependable Job.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Laconia, NHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the experience of working with good people.
Cons: stress
Stable job, with wonderful co workers. Loved the knowledge I gained while working there.
Displays Favoritism and Unfair treatment
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee), pittsbughtMarch 24, 2014
horrible work environment, was guaranteed raise in November after completion of additional skill set in march I still have not received it.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 19, 2014
Selling main focus and forced to feel selling was the primary function. Goals were high and little recognition was given for a job well done.
Productive work place
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 16, 2014
Fast paced environment.
Need to be multitask oriented.
Team environment.
Too Sales Driven
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Natick, MAMarch 14, 2014
All they care about is sales! Regardless if you make your goals they always want more, nothing is ever good enough.
Warm environment, Customer Oriented
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 14, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: multiple government regulations
Worked daily on customer relations. Helped advise appropriate accounts, or solved problems. Coached colleagues to achieve goals with most recent promotions and current products. Daily sales activities were primary but handled everything from managing all colleagues down to making sure the facility was clean and professional.
I learned how to prioritize – more... amongst many high priority on goings.
I had a open relationship will all my colleagues that either worked for me, equal to me, or managed me. I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve their goals whether it be business or personal.
The hardest part of the job was two fold. The first to keep my personal emotions separate from the situation but still be empathetic. The second to make sure that in the problem solving that all regulations were being followed but still being able to solve the issue or at very minimum that they understand what or why things are the way they are.
The most enjoyable part of the job were also the hardest. I get great personal satisfaction from being able to help people. – less
Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Cranston, RIMarch 6, 2014
Pros: .......
Cons: ......
Educational Loan Financial Management System is a web based comprehensive software package supporting Student Financial Aid Administration, Loans and Reports. The system is modular and organized to support all of the functions of the Financial Aid Office like need analysis, evaluation, packaging, notification, disbursement, funds management, tracking, – more... verification and reporting. This application completely enabled the process of loan applying to loan repayment of a customer over the World Wide Web – less
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), philadelphiaMarch 5, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
this is a good place to work when you are in high school or new to the working field. the people i work with here makes the job enjoyable.
TELLER (Current Employee), McMurray, PAMarch 4, 2014
work can be very busy. I have learned a lot and enjoy each of my co workers. The management is very good and I enjoy the atmosphere of the branch. The hardest part of the job would be trying to reach goals when you have obstacles.
I enjoyed working at Citizens Bank. It was a good atmosphere.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 25, 2014
I worked at Citizens for a little over a year and enjoyed every minute. I learned so much working there. Prior to my employment I had never worked with an FHA or VA loan. I was taught how to obtain an FHA case number and a previous appraisal. I was also taught the proper way to read a DU report as well as a credit report.

The immediate managers at – more... Citizens were great bosses and were very knowledgeable. You could ask them anything. If they were not available all co workers were very accommodating.

The toughest part of the job was trying to get the documents needed. Customers were not always happy when certain documents were requested.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was knowing I helped someone get their first home or helped them to get their refinance done to put an addition on their existing property. Once that loan closed, I knew my job was done and done well. – less
Upper management non supportive
IS Branch Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: rarely see upper management
Cons: see below
If the pay were not so good I would have left more quickly. Upper management will not support branch managers in tough times. They don't spend enough time in branches to see the trends and allow the proper adjustments.

Also, they hire college kids with no motivation and expect you to perform miracles.
Great People, great leadership
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for a company that was very concerned for its workers and shared it's wealth.
Great place to work.
Providence - PT/FT Bank Teller (Former Employee), Milford, CTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: all the hershey kisses you could eat!!
Cons: lots of pressure to consistently meet goals
Enjoyed working with people everyday. It was challenging to meet the goals that were required. All the co-workers turned into great friends.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos