Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Nice customers. Bad employees
Licensed Banker (Former Employee), PAMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed interacting with the customers, which were mostly elderly. The manager was very pleasant and upbeat and always the same no mater what. The employees; however, were very catty and negative: always talking bad about one another behind each others backs and at times even being rude to some of the more needy customers. The employees attitudes really took a toll on the moral in the work environment.
Banking
Consumer (Former Employee), MIMarch 26, 2015
Working for this bank was a great learning experience. Management was extremely friendly and supportive. Co-workers were great!
Great work culture
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 24, 2015
Most employees there were quality people with great customer service skills. There was a fostering atmosphere and I believed the company truly wanted me to succeed.
Retail banking
Licensed Banker (Current Employee), massachusettsMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great work life balance, decent benefits, great managers
Cons: widget pressure, sales pressure, cold calling/working late
The banking industry has changed a lot recently. More and more banks are changing into more of a retail sales environment. There is a lot of pressure to hit sales goals that sometimes seem impossible. There have been changes to the incentive structure that really limit your ability to make extra money even when you are consistently generating more revenue than you are expected to. Typical day consists of helping customers and dealing with back offices to resolve issues minimal time is focused on opening accounts.
Decent place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Citizens Bank. I only left due to relocation to a state where Citizens Bank is not present. It is a very sales focused bank with decent benefits.
dead end job
Teller Manager/Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: loved my colleagues
Cons: everything else
This is a job not a career. Absolutely zero chance of advancement. Empty promises, horrible leadership, don't expect raises unless you try to quit and then they value you, managers who know nothing, and an upside down staffing structure. Life is very stressful at Citizens and the rewards few and far between. Spent or should I say wasted 8 years there and even after going for positions that I literally was asked to apply for by one of my regional managers I got absolutely no where. Many employees are treated and spoken too poorly if you don't stand up for yourself, but then you're railroaded out. Horrible turnover rate, cannot retain employees for anything and the ones who have stuck around and get paid decent, such as myself, are slowly being eliminated.
Wouldn't recommend
Document Preparation Analyst II (Current Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 20, 2015
Citizens Bank doesn't treat their employees right. Their main focus is the business. Moral at Citizens is very low. Wouldn't recommend as an employer.
Worked there for almost two decades, but badly treated in the last few months.
Teller Manager II (Former Employee), Littleton, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Great colleagues
Cons: Stressful, hectic, lack of job security
I worked there for 17 years. I was the top teller manager in my region for 4 years continuously, and I always excelled in my duties.

The last few months of my time at Citizens' was marked with inepitude and disrespect by the management. The bank became a "universal branch" towards the end of 2014. At that time, they did not select me as a universal branch bank; they instead selected less experienced and lower-performing workers from other branches. The managers and the HR were not helpful at all. I contacted several times asking for their rationale, but they only responded that "I was not picked" without any semblance of reasoning.

I worked there full-time 6 days a week for 17 years, almost always going without lunch due to shorthandedness. The stress levels continuously increased as management imposed higher and higher targets without providing any sort of guidance or training to help satisfy the new goals.

My colleages were wonderful; however, the management and the HR was horrible.
Good Company
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Rochester NYMarch 18, 2015
Good Benefits, Very Sales Driven Culture. Company is currently going through changes. They are trying to be an independent bank.
Have worked with very talented people.
Look Elsewheres
Universal Banker / Business banker (Current Employee), nepaMarch 18, 2015
If you like to be threatened, promised things - to only get nothing in the end, get bullied, not be rewarded for your success, and never feel like you have job security...this is the place for you.
a company that uses very old technology
Relationship Manager II (SPOC) (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2015
Experienced in managing modifications, short sales, and deed in lieu, for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and Asset Loans.
Processed my own files, worked with decision makers to problem solve getting a decision for the customer.
Very Educational
Banker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2015
It was really nice to help customers with their everyday financial issues. Opening accounts, submitting loan applications, and letting clients know that they were approved was a great part of my job.
Retail driven
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), bellefonteMarch 10, 2015
The company does trainings on new products to keep the staff up to date on the new products which is very helpful. Good pay and not a commission based job
expected to do 2 days worth of work in 1
Teller manager II (Current Employee), Warren, RIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: i get paid well
Cons: not given enough time to finish certain jobs that take time to do them
i really love my job everyday is a learning experience. my co workers are great and they are willing to help whenever it is needed. i would rather not talk about management or hardest part of my day. being call incompetant on more than one occasion is probally one the the hardest things of the day, and the many changes that are going in the bank are not really employee friendly. Some days going home is the most enjoyable part of the day but for the most part just working with my co workers is great.
Not a good place to work
BRANCH SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 10, 2015
Little work life balance and no matter how successful you where it wasn't enough. They had little regard for the customer focus was on bottom line.
Hours are long in an in store location.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Revere, MAMarch 8, 2015
Great experience. First time banking could be a challenge but the training was wonderful. The hours at an in store location are very late and require extensive work. Multiple jobs duties have to met.
Very stressful in store banking
Assistant Bank Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2015
CB never has enough employees in hand. CB wants miracles with little staff. CB wants you to be a teller, customer services representative, mortgage processor, sales representative, business banker officer, financial officer and manager of the bank all for a teller salary.
A company about the numbers not the people.
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at Citizens Bank is completely sales focused, even having Operations and Compliance policies falling by the wayside. Management has very few skills while underpaid colleagues carry branches by completing tasks that are supposed to be completed by management. The most enjoyable part of this position has been the interactions with customers when a great difference can be made in their lives or even just their days.
Very busy and fun place to work
Advance Bank Teller (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: growing in company, helping people, and showing good customer service
Cons: smetimes long hours and dealing with irate customers
Come in first have meeting with coworkers then go get money out of vault take it to your station and put in how much in computers learned accurancey and good good customers service i worked with great people the hardest part was irate customers and the most enjoyable was when the customer left satisfied and happy
Worked in a supermarket branch
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Westchester, NYMarch 2, 2015
Senior leadership was very poor, no direction, or criticizing. Hours were very long and included working on Sundays. Normal working hours for a manager was from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Salaries

$37,500 per year
Teller
$11.00 per hour

Citizens Bank Photos

We all donated money and raced for charity.