Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Negative culture and unrealistic expectations
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2017
Poor management, although my direct managers were excellent. Poor management at the regional and upper management with no sincere regard for their employees.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Poor management
Its what you make it
Teller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2017
Your career at Citizens just depends on what you are willing to take. Most of the colleagues are friendly and the managers are ok. You just have to know what direction you want to go in once there and that sets the tone on what it will be like for you. What I enjoyed most about how your supervisory level could progress based on what you learned. Also they give you the option to express how you feel anonymously 2x a week via email.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Discounts
Cons
Sick Time and PTO are all one set of days
Relaxed place to work
Senior Relationship Manager (Dearborn) (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 21, 2017
It's a good place to work but lacks career growth. The company is relaxed and easy going but the management styles are a bit too micro managed. Advancement in the company is slow and often met with resistance.
Pros
Banking Hours, good work/home balance
Cons
Short breaks, micro management
upper management turnover.
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 20, 2017
upper management turnover. less pay grade compared to competition. Technology antiquated. Lots of office politics. Needs to build colleague engagement .
productive
PERSONAL BANKER UNIVERSAL (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 19, 2017
Great work place. diverse workplace culture. competitive workplace. Great team great manager learned how to educate customers products. opened and closed accounts and worked on loans
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 19, 2017
This was a internship and was two months I enjoyed it but it was very stressful lack of communication. This was a wonderful experience I learned a lot,
Environment
Loan servicing specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIOctober 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Citizens Bank, they have good relations with team work, we were treated equal. Everyone has their own shifts and role to do. the Management was excellent, Customers were nice, some were having a bad day and takes it out on the staff, but ignore that behavior and still help with the customer. go to work with a positive attitude.
Bank Teller Citizens Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2017
This was my first job at a bank. I learned a lot of professional skills since I was dealing with business customers and was handling a lot of money. The job was as good as being a bank teller is. I had to deal with a lot of impatient customers who did not understand how banking works. But the location was a cool place, I got to meet a lot of figures that gave me advice in life and I got free donuts. My manager had ridiculous expectations for my job though, I could really only do so much to make customers happy.
Standard
Small Business Specialists (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 18, 2017
Typical day was opening and closing the branch selling bank products. Pay was decent and health benefits were really good. Great associates management needs help.
Fast paced
Business Banking Assist Agent (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 14, 2017
Typical corporate working environment. Middle management makes effort to keep employees happy, but upper management is non-responsive to issues on the front lines.
no growth
Assistant Manager, branch manager (Former Employee) –  Barrington, RIOctober 12, 2017
great company to work for however the pay is relatively lower than other banks and regional managers are very week....if you are looking for growth not the place
Great
Customer Service Representative/Banker 1 (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company despite the management continual turnover our staff stayed together and we pulled through this was my home away from home.
Good place to start
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PAOctober 10, 2017
Citizens Bank is a good place to start most careers. My time at Citizens Bank I've learned many skills that I can use for a broad range of career paths. As a personal banker I was required to follow many tasks and hit sales goals daily and quarterly. I enjoyed working with people and my colleagues on a daily basis. Teamwork was encouraged as well as friendly competition. The job can be stressful at times, but I always felt a sense of accomplishment when the day was over. Citizens Bank is a good place to grow if you're looking to make banking a career choice. You can choose management, business, investment, or anything administrative for career paths.
Pros
Employee appcreciation, recognition, free lunches, benefits
Cons
stressful, can be overwhelming at times
Overall a good company to work for.
IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIOctober 10, 2017
Gained a great deal of knowledge of the Banks computer environment. Involved in determining high priority trouble tickets, convene technical bridge line and work with Senior Incident Management team. Day to day batch processing.
Pros
The command center worked well as a team.
Cons
Outsourcing
Fun work place- freindly contesta
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vails Gate, NYOctober 10, 2017
Citiizens bank is a good company to work for. They offer excellent benefits and inventive programs. They change product focus monthly and have regional and district contests.
Pros
Good incentive plan, great benefits
Cons
High sales goals
n/a
Community Banking Officer / Retail Banking (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
Good place to start your career, but if you stay too long, you will see that the salary raises are minimal, bonuses are not great and promotions take a long time. Bottom line, expect to work very long hours for low pay and the compensation isn't great.
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
worked on customers accounts everday
assisted customer with over drafts fee
taugh customers how not to overdraw their account]
hardest part was upselling
most enjoyable was first call resolution
Pros
free lunches and the family atmosphere
Excellent organization
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 8, 2017
Best customer / colleague work atmosphere culture . Exponential career growth opportunities. Ample amount of departments and divisions for optimal career growth and development .
Busy bee
C2C Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIOctober 6, 2017
Life in a day of working at Citizens bank can be hectic and rushed. This company is ran how one would imagine any bank to be ran, professionally, neatly and most of all QUICKLY! In the position of C2C Senior Specialist, you must be prepared to be at a desk, on the computer and on the phone for the entire day. If you are not a multitasker or you are unable to perform these tasks, then this position is not for you.
Too much workload
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandOctober 5, 2017
Busy in-store branch with extremely demanding hours including not even having time to use the restroom nevermind taking a lunch break. Constant turnover and lengthy training and hiring process. Regional management and retail sales directors have no clue on how the business truly runs on a day to day but can justify their jobs by barking orders and increasing workloads by micro managing. Sales goals are attainable but tough to make money as the incentive program pays less and less each quarter. Also work load is heavy as an assistant when you are expected to exceed sales goal, handle coaching, and operations while your branch manager gets the credit and works about 26hrs out of their 40hr shift. Customer satisfaction weighs more heavily than sales,however the bank keeps pushing them away because it costs $3 less for them to do their transactions electronically

Additionally, loyal hard working employees get overlooked for promotions so the bank can hire baristas with starting salaries at 10% more than the experienced colleagues
Pros
Customers, fast pace, problem solving
Cons
Underpayed and overworked, no work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.