Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for.
Universal Personal Banker (Current Employee), Middletown, DEJune 7, 2015
This is a nice place to work, however my manager is more of a boss than a leader. Had to work 12 days in a row, after I was told it would be 40 hours. No more, no less.
Good company with good goals
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJune 4, 2015
Overall a good company making strides to be a top regional bank.

Lots of changes of management/outsourcing make difficult day to day working, changes of processes, etc.
fun working place
Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2015
I loved working here, great place for beginner fresh out of school. Everyone was nice and welcoming, I really did enjoyed being here. I recommend this place to anyone looking for employment.
citizens bank
Senior Teller/Banker (Current Employee), njMay 30, 2015
citizens bank does not let you be able to have a job work/life balance, most employees go out on stress leave. every branch is short staffed. i do not recomend anyone to work there.
productive
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee), RIMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place and people at the time I left to pursue other things
foreclosure (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Credo
Cons: Parking
Great place to work well managed not a lot of stress excellent training program I worked well with very friendly people.
One of the best places I ever worked.
Great Place to Work Not Secure Tho
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Weekly Pay
Cons: Temp Agency
Handled banking concerns thru CItizens Bank .Ive learned that this job wasn't promising. Management made it seemed like they cared but in all actuality they didn't. Co workers were great. Hardest part was knowing my job could be done any day. Most enjoyable part was the environment.
Not worth the time or money
Senior Banker (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 27, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Regional Micromanagement
Working nights and extended hours for telemarketing to oversaturated communities. Regional management conducts micromanaging instead of focusing on competition and innovation of banks success. Overproduction of marketing and advertisements in branch. Company conducts business that is not environmentally friendly. Strong focus on sales makes for a lack of real community involvement and connection. No volunteering opportunities for the community what-so-ever. Very small scale in opportunities to advance. High turn over. Great job if you are a sales robot.
Basic of banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 26, 2015
Learned the basics of banking and was trained to recognize the products and the benefits associated to it. Great stepping stone for people looking to get into banking.
High Pressure Sales
Sr Banker II (Current Employee), State College, PAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Incentives are reachable and paid accordingly
Cons: micromangement, short staffed too often, changing positions around
I enjoy the job and it is very high pressured. I strive to be the best and be #1 and I have succeeded at that. However this environment is all about what do you have for me today. You can have a big day before, week, month, quarter, year and it does not matter. This is the banking industry in a whole. I have been used to it for my 12 + years experience. Too many conference calls and micro management.. For working in the top branch and being the top banker, it is too micro managed by regional management. When he needs something he always looks to me to pick up the pieces
I loved it in the beginning and hated it within the first year.
Universal Banker (Former Employee), lincoln, RIMay 22, 2015
Pros: base pay plus bonus
Cons: culture and turnaround.
Horrible culture. It doesn't take much experience to work there so most people are just there until they find something better. Your mngmt will change so don't ever work because you like working with someone because the turnaround is so fast that you will have a completely different team within 1 year and even they will be looking to move on. They also wouldn't provide info for me to get my next job.
Great atmoshere.
HEAD TELLER / CSRIII (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Nice lunches.
Cons: Weekends
Balance the ATM daily did banking operations including safe deposit boxes. I lean more on loans processing. The management was sometimes unfair. The hardest part of the job was the customers.
Poor Management Overall
Priority Assist Agent (Current Employee), Cranston, RIMay 21, 2015
There is extremely poor management throughout. The morale couldn't be any worse. There is allot of harassment from management
Pros and cons of working at Citizens Bank
Legal (Current Employee), Warwick, RIMay 19, 2015
Pros: flexible hours and breaks if you're not on the phone.
Cons: hard to work your way up
working a queue, Q C others work, do referrals, answer some calls.
You are sitting most of the time working on a computer, spread sheets work a queue. There are opportunities to learn. It can be boring at times but most jobs have various functions. The manager I have now is a good manager, but I have had some very bad ones!! Some co/workers have been difficult to get along with and others are amusing. You work with various personalities and most are young. I prefer to do my work not to make friends. The biggest problem is the employees that the aren't willing to help each other out and work as a team and are consistently complaining. the best part of the job is the entertainment of some of the employees. Don't expect to get paid a lot .Also the position is moving to E Providence.
fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2015
Citizens has been a place where I expand my customer service skills and learn how to work under pressure. I really enjoy working for Citizens Bank.
Friendly and enjoyable work environment with pleasant people
Survey Agent (Current Employee), Cranston, RIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Relaxing job
Cons: Can get boring
I work at my own desk and make out going calls to customers who then are asked if they'd like to take a survey. Once a survey is completed we call another customer. Customers don't always answer but other than that being annoying once in a while it's an amazing job and I've actually recommended it to many friends and have gotten them jobs as Survey agents and they also love the experience.
A day at Citizens Bank
Adjustments Team Leader (Former Employee), East Providence, RIMay 18, 2015
Pros: We have flexible hours
Cons: lunch was only a half hour.
My work hours were 8am to 4:30pm daily. I was the team leader of a group of 5. My job was to assign work to them and what we did was we recalculated the customer's accounts in their interest rate had gone up and we would redeposit the difference to that account. In addition to that, I took the calls from the branches and assisted them in anyway to satisfy the customers needs. I enjoyed my team, we all got along pretty well. I feel team effort goes a long way. The hardest part of my job was there were requests where the customer wanted to go back two years and that was time comsuming but we always got the job done and on time.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), East ProvidenceMay 15, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: too much mail
A typical day required processing loans,Encoding,opening mail and helping with customer support on a daily basis.Great place to work!
People treated like numbers
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: 7 days a week, bad management
loved my customers- hated my job- worked in store- open 7 days a week-lots of pressure-instead of a Monday morning positive message we had a recap of what sucked from the week before. Open a checking account and get yelled at for not getting a savings and credit card at the same time. Glad I'm gone
Be prepared to open as many checking accounts as possible
Banker (Former Employee), Fairport, NYMay 13, 2015
You are able to get a bonus each quarter but achieving it is difficult. They hound you on opening checking accounts every single day. I worked in an in-store branch so it is a laid back environment.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Salaries

$10.85 per hour
Banker
$35,000 per year

Citizens Bank Photos

We all donated money and raced for charity.