Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Teller (Former Employee), Unadilla, NYApril 28, 2014
My daily duties included making withdrawals and deposits for customers. Answering phones and assisted customers with their accounts.Balancing drawer and making sure on track with goals and trainings. I absolutely loved my co workers.
Highly Sales Focused
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: pay is pretty good. each day is different.
Cons: constant micro managing. highly sales focused, but the customer shouldn't know it, so it's a constant battle.
I went into this job with a high level of self-motivation and proven high performing sales ability. Every bit of your day is micromanaged as they suck every bit of sales out of you as possible. There is no longer any room for any intrinsic sales motivation, other than saving your job.

As an "Evergreen" Assistant Manager (where you don't exactly have – more... a place of your own yet) you can be shuffled anywhere. This has good and bad consequences. It's good because you see how lots of different managers/branches do things, but bad because you are fighting constantly to figure out what the "right way" is to do things.

Also, as an Assistant Manager, you're in a weird spot where you are still responsible for sales and looked at as the example, however, lots of your day is taken up by customer concerns and branch operations, and the employees don't respect the Assistants as much as the Branch Managers, so it's a constant battle to do any sort of management whatsoever.

As far as sales go, you are constantly fighting with fellow colleagues for sales because you are told that the customer needs to view you as their "personal banker". However, especially in the "in-store" environment in Giant Eagle, you are just viewed as a service. Good luck having customer keep their scheduled appointments with you. They don't know that banking is commission based. – less
Very customer service oriented. Fun and productive place to work
Savvy relationship-builder (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: lunch is 45min, benefits, vacation
Cons: turnover
Customer service is very important at Citizens Bank. The first words out of my mouth when I see a customer is Good morning! Welcome to Citizens Bank. I've learned the importance of exceptional customer service. What I have learned has made me more aware of the level of service I receive at other places of business. In the almost 13 years that I have – more... been with the company I have worked for 3 managers. My managers and I have gotten along great! My fellow employees have become a second family to me. – less
Not a good place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), West Grove, PAApril 23, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: sales pressure, short lunches, horrible pay with non existant raises.
Management cares nothing about their employees. No overtime yet expected to work sometimes 12 days straight without a day off. If you like sales and selling product to customers who dont need it then this is your job.
Provided customer service while tending to basic banking needs
BANK TELLER (Former Employee), Baytown, TexasApril 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers were friendly and supportive.
Cons: no benefits.
Cashed checks, made deposits, balanced cash drawer. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that you were precise on your intake and dispensing of money.
Like a day to day roller-coaster
Home Equity Loan Processor (Current Employee), Warwick, RIApril 19, 2014
Pros: diverse work environment, fun
Cons: overly micro-managed, not much recognition for achievements
My daily routine, which seems to be all it is, mostly consists of reviewing loan files, calling customers regarding their approvals or declines, which is not very challenging.
The compensation is sufficient, but could be more lucrative
The management is very well trained and knowledgable, but at times can be overbearing
Banker/ Opened new accounts.
Banker I/Sales (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: walking the acme isles.
On a daily basis we had to solicit customers in the isles of the Acme Market to open new checking accounts or apply for new loans while they were food shopping. I also did teller work at the window. The managers well some were wonderful and others stole your leads. The hardest part of the job was pulling people from the isle to open an account and then – more... you had to sell them a loan, credit card and savings account, very boring. Your commission was hideous. I'm use to large sales with a nice commission check. The good part about the job was the benefits and it was a learning experience. I learned a lot about handling money more efficient and had great benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. – less
Typical bank job people come and go. Nothing special about Citizens.
Data Entry/Ops Associate II (Current Employee), Riverside, RIApril 10, 2014
No comment. Work was easy enough but the management is one of the worst bunch of back stabbers and unappreciative managers.
nothing is enough
Personal Universal Banker (Current Employee), SE Penn.April 8, 2014
Pros: not many recently
Cons: treating people like children
A typical day involves interacting with customers. Recently I have been learning about different aspects of banking only because my direct manager has been very helpful. In my experience anyone above the branch manager only has negative things to say no matter if you are the best performer or not.
AWESOME CO WORKERS
Teller (Former Employee), Wolfeboro, NHApril 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours and management. values of company suck
was nice to work with the people I worked with. But Corporate and Reg Mangers and Branch Manager was AWFUL
Friendly place to work
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee), Cranston, RIApril 4, 2014
Pros: a great benefits package
I answer phone call for customers as well as employees. I help solve issues for customer that agents on the floor are unable to do. I help employees find ways to help the customer with their banking needs.
The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to satisfy the customer every need. 90% of the time I am able to help the customer. The best part – more... of my job is that I can follow a customer issue from beginning to the final resolution. Management is great at Citizens they will help guide you to further your carrier. – less
Overall good company to work for
Branch Manager/Bank Officer (Former Employee), Cicero, NYApril 3, 2014
For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the realtionships I built within the company and with the customers and businesses in the community. I learned a lot while working there with regard to banking and regulations as well as networking and sustaining relationships. It was a balance of sales and service with coaching and succession planning.
Its ok
Senior personal banker (Current Employee), norwell, maApril 2, 2014
Handle customer transactions. Open bank accounts, sell loans.
Challenging sales enviroment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), East WarehamMarch 31, 2014
Citizens Bank is a good place to work. It is very challenging and a high stress, high demand sales environment.
Good benefits for their employees.
Good learning experience
Branch Manager/Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Over the years of being with this Company , there was a great deal of training, products, and sales.
I was with this company for 10 yrs, and have held various positions. I grew from a PT Teller , to become a Branch Manager.
They have molded me to have all of the tools essential to be a great Branch Manager
Dependable Job.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Laconia, NHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the experience of working with good people.
Cons: stress
Stable job, with wonderful co workers. Loved the knowledge I gained while working there.
Displays Favoritism and Unfair treatment
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee), pittsbughtMarch 24, 2014
horrible work environment, was guaranteed raise in November after completion of additional skill set in march I still have not received it.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 19, 2014
Selling main focus and forced to feel selling was the primary function. Goals were high and little recognition was given for a job well done.
Productive work place
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 16, 2014
Fast paced environment.
Need to be multitask oriented.
Team environment.
Too Sales Driven
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Natick, MAMarch 14, 2014
All they care about is sales! Regardless if you make your goals they always want more, nothing is ever good enough.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos