Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank United States Employee Reviews

Maintaining projects
Program Manager (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 11, 2015
Typical day at work is to punch in and work on projects from the most important to the least. you are given assignments that have deadlines but know one is breathing down your neck. My co-workers are the best they all are helpful and team oriented. most enjoyable part of my job was to go to lunch with my team members and create ways to better our department.
Nice Job
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: many different opportunities
Cons: not hiring
I love working here; I was only a temp and I was able to learn so much about Equity Processing, Team Work, and the mortgage industry. Great Leaders and Supervisors.
Steady, friendly
Teller (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: lunches, christmas parties
Cons: healthcare, 401k
Customer service, safety deposit box, ATM machine, drive through window, series EE bonds or any types of bonds, coins orders cash orders
Challenging and active place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Bristol, RIFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: becoming friendly with the customers
Days are busy tending to the customers financial needs and answering their questions. I have worked with the best group of co-workers. Patience is required plus the ability to effectively use time management. Any challenge on the job is a great learning experience. The best part of the job is dealing with the customers and becoming a member of their community. The short time you deal with them you get to have a friendly conversation and learn about them
Great bank with growth and change as a staple
Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Holmes, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Citizens bank is always and constantly evolving to be an industry leader and to keep up with the competition. Strong bank with a more local feel
A great place to work
SENIOR UNIVERSAL BANKER (Current Employee), New EnglandFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: no cons to working here.
When you work at Citizens Bank you work hard. It is a fast paced environment and you really get to know your coworkers and customers. It can be very rewarding but you have to work hard. There is a lot of travel to business appointments and training.
Would not recommend the position to anyone
Personal Banker / Universal Banker (Former Employee), Philadelphia areaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very few
Cons: to bundle it all in one phrase......in an attempt to make the universal banker master of all trades, they are actually masters of none!
Extreme high stress brought on daily by having to be salesman, teller, customer service rep and receptionist. Management constantly badgers on and about sales, sales and sales. Imagine trying to work the teller line and take care of customer transactions when constantly having to answer phones and handle difficult customer service issues at the same time. If you really care about customers and are pained by seeing them upset by regular chaos, indifference and incompetence, don't bother. It will make you physically sick.

Work schedules are changed constantly and there is no consistency in the hours you work day to day and week to week. Due to current high turnover, you are now required to work six days a week and management does not seem to care that you have a life. "This is the job". Oh; and overtime is out of the question.
Productive and fun place to work
Banker (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: busy environment went by fast
Cons: had to leave because of a family emergency
Started as a teller however my regional manager offered me a promotion to be a teller manager in a different branch making a lot more than i was. I had a lot of responsibilities by not only meeting my own sales goal but by also helping and making sure my tellers also had made their goal. I was responsible for the cash that came in that i had to order and stay within a certain branch limit amount. Had to sell the money to the tellers whenever they needed it or were running low. Had to basically treat the tellers as friends without being friends so they would not take advantage that I learned from when I was a supervisor at Polo Factory Stores.
Goals
Teller (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: micro managment
A typical day at work consists of being micro managed from start to finish. There is constant hounding about accounts.
Enjoy workexperiences
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 28, 2015
Customer service, open accounts, offer new products, research customer issues. Supervise tellers.
Great company
BANKER II (Former Employee), Exeter, NHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, vacation, environment
Cons: longer hours
I enjoyed working for Citizens Bank. The environment was fun and open to career advancement. The pay was slightly lower than competitors. Benefits and vacation time were excellent. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to advance a career.
A typical day
Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 27, 2015
I start the day with a morning huddle. The proceed to a block schedule to setup our activities for the day. I may be on the teller line or I provide coaching to my bankers. I look at my branch goals and coach to gaps and daily sales.
I enjoy when my bankers hit goals and I am able to get them promoted
I have found that Citizens Bank has been a good company to work for.
Universal Banker (Current Employee), AmherstJanuary 27, 2015
Citizens bank has been a nice company to work for. I am looking to expand my knowledge in other areas.
Citizens
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: outdated system
Small branch located in Midtown. A sales office with about 10 loan officers and 4 sales assistant. My boss was great. One of the best I ever had. Working with operations was the hardest part of the shop. There was no sense of urgency on their end at took forever to get a loan approved. Communication between sales and operation was the toughest part of the job.
Functional/ QA Tester (Current Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Worked as a quality assurance and testing specialist for multiple projects in Citizens Bank.

Environment: SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Office, VB script, HP Quality Center, QTP, Windows, XML, SOAP UI, HTML

Responsibilities:
● Worked with Business analysis team to prepare a detailed Test plan of the application
● Involved in writing and implementation of Test cases for various modules.
● Experience in writing Test Cases by analyzing the use case documents and also reviewed test cases for quality testing.
● Created manual Test Cases in HP QC/HP ALM for various User Stories based on Release and Sprint plan.
● Used Quality Center (QC) for executing the test cases and defect management.
● Participated in the development of test software to execute test cases using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)
● Experience in Design Test cases and implementing of test design technique
● Executed Test Cases and Test Scripts of manual and automation testing. Defects are raised in the HP Quality Center/HP ALM for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application
● Created automation scripts and updated test scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP) also involved in enhancing the scripts.
● Analyzed test results and logging defects in Quality Center 8.0
● Conducted defect call meetings and walk through meetings for all testing issues and defects
● Involved in comparing output to expected results and review the results of test execution.
● Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing and System Integration Testing, and worked with users and participated in – more... User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
● Involved in performing database testing for data integrity and performance related to database also did front-end and backend testing using Oracle as Database.
● Distributed tasks to team members and discussed about project testing related issues
● Extensively used SQL queries for validation of data and performed end-to-end testing also involved in data manipulation and data mining using SQL
● Used SQL developer to test the data in that oracle data warehouse
● Responsible for complete Defect Management using Quality Center (QC) to ensure timely resolution of defects also defining a continuous improvement strategy for performing testing release over release and verifying the results
● Conducted daily defects status and progress meetings with the help of QA Metrics.
● Onsite and offshore co-ordination, communicating with subject matter experts and delivery managers, gathering information on business process flow and understanding the scope of work. – less
Management are not flexible
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: wonder clients
Cons: not a good management team
Even though I loved working with the clients the managers were not flexible. I had to leave the job because they wouldn't understand my school schedule.
Must make your goal!
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Elm Street Manchester, New HampshireJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: no weekends at the orporate office
Cons: struggled with tellers making their goals
Meet, greet using the customers name, always cross sell a product and thank them for their business.
Learned to cross sell products, achieve my goals and always balance a draw.
Managed 7-10 tellers who were my co-workers and had a lot of fun working with them.
Struggled with tellers making their goals cross selling products to customers.
I enjoyed working with our customers, knew most of them by their first name and that made them feel appreciated.
Laid back work atmosphere
SPOC I Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: manager, employees, benefits
Cons: lack of access to files, lack of technology
A typical day at work requires a lot of multitasking by responding to 3rd party emails with concerns about their file or requesting additional documentation to complete their file, answering calls as they come in, calling customer to advise of approvals, denials, request information or to update on the status of their application. We have an average of over 300 accts a piece that are required to be contacted a minimum of every 3 days.
While working here I've gathered a great deal of knowledge concerning the liquidation and retention process. Citizens remains dedicated to adhering to the bank guidelines and makes sure that is related to its employees.
I have the best manager and co-workers. My manager allows me to manage myself and steps in at times when needed. The management staff as a whole is great. My team is just as great. We step in for one another to assist with accounts and completing the days work, we have social events outside of work and maintain a good line of communication if someone is ill or needs assistance.
The hardest part of my job is not having full access of the file from beginning to end. As a Relationship Manager my job/goal is to communicate and assist the customer what is needed to complete their application; depending on the outcome, advising of other products the bank offers to best assist them. We are limited by not having full access to the files to better assist the customers.
By far the most enjoyable part of this position is being able to help our customers as much as possible keep their homes and in the event they cannot afford it, informing them of other options and educating them on the liquidation process to make it stress free as possible.
It's a good job to have for about a year and that's all.
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: able to receive tips, great co-workers, and customers. good vibes.
Cons: rules were changing rapidly and they made me feel like a puppet and not a valued employee.
A typical day at work is like you come in open the branch and start with the morning huddle with the team. Then everyone get's their money, then goes to their station and begins to prep for opening. Customers come in and we help them with all of their financial issues. Management is changing and I'm not sure if it's for the better or for the worse, but having a strong team built around the manager was important for the success of the branch. The hardest part of the job was to make sure my drawer was on point each and everyday with the amounts that we come across daily. But the most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and customer because we had a wide range of customers that came into the branch. The energy from my fellow co-workers was high and from the customers because they were our regular daily, weekly and or monthly customers.
Strong Work Place
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Beverly, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Your day is never the same twice. Management is trained to adapt to what the day may entail. Co-workers and a strong, friendly work environment help make this a great job.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Salaries

$24,738 per year
Senior Personal Banker
$40,000 per year

Citizens Bank Photos

We all donated money and raced for charity.