Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Bad work experience
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 29, 2017
It was a hostile work environment. One of my co-workers was verbally abusive. My training was confusing. I got conflicting directions from my boss and my trainer.
Pros
The location was close to my house
Cons
Hostile environmnet
Productive and fun work Place
Business Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 29, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with this company, they cared very much for their employees unfortunately the department was closed. As a company Citizens takes good care of their employees .
Depending on the group you end up with it could be good
Application Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 28, 2017
I loved working for Citizens for the first few year, but after when RBS took over there were changes every few months. Very difficult to get things done. Now that RBS is no longer involved it might be good to work for them again.
Pros
Commute is ideal. Culture is good
Cons
Low salary
it's a resume builder
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Great job for a kid right out of college. You'll get a ton of experience quickly at the branch level, but will also live in constant stress. Quotas are unattainable and employees are very much aware of how disposable they are. Put in a few years, and move on to an M&T, Key or HSBC.
Pros
Good health coverage.
Cons
Terribly stressful; you are clearly just a number here.
Great colleagues and place to work!
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 27, 2017
The days are generally faced paced with lots of interaction with your team members and depending on the role , interaction with colleagues around the organization. It is very team oriented and colleagues are always there to provide support and back up when needed. Given the faced paced enviornment at times there is a great work life balance!
Very sales oriented
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2017
Banking is a retail sales job. If you are considering a career at Citizens, be prepared to learn new ways to find out customers needs and sell them products to fulfill them.
Pros
Opportunity to make incentive pay
Cons
constant pressure to sell and hit sales goals
Stressful envoirnment that doesn't compensate
Teller / Foreign Currency Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, RISeptember 26, 2017
I was on the front line of citizens dealing with every customer and provided great customer service and my efforts were not rewarded. Numerous occasions I am the only teller on the teller line, I am the foreign currency custodian and I'm only receiving an hourly wage of 10.00$ from a bank. That is completely absurd.
Cons
short breaks, long days, little help, little reward incentives v.s. a lot of consequences, demeaning, rude/racist management, not willing to work with me and my concerns or needs.
Call Center
Email/Online Banking Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 26, 2017
Tied to your phone for eight hours a day taking call after call or writing email after email. I did not really learn much other than how the bank wants things done. The people are great, but management is horrible. They promote you based on how long you have worked for the company, not for your education and prior experience. The pay is minimal and the lack of promotion opportunities stand out the most.
Pros
Cons
long hours tied to a phone, timed breaks, management is inexperienced.
Great entry level opportunity
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RISeptember 26, 2017
Management and training is great. I love the people I work with. Very busy and fast paced most of the time. There is room for growth but it can take a lot of time. Compensation is not the best, and other banks certainly pay higher. Sales pressure is the is very high. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with financial needs.
Good learning place
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2017
Really good place to work you learn a lot every single day . Its like a family at work .Every one takcare of each other. And I love my customers love helping them with their financial needs everyday
Professional working atmosphere and potential for career advancement.
Corporate Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RISeptember 24, 2017
Professional working atmosphere and potential for career advancement. Fast paced work environment and extremely focused on timely meeting deadlines. Management was approachable and teamwork oriented.
ok
Third In Charge/Banker (Former Employee) –  Downtown, PASeptember 24, 2017
ok job. my manager embezzled money, and didn't work her hours, and was just a general bad person so yea...i didn't feel ethical working there. the company and job weren't bad but i feel like they could have done more to stop my manager
Not very flexible with hours
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2017
If you have a life changing event coming up I wouldn’t recommend Citizens as a job for you. Once your in your schedule you are locked in for a whole year
Job review
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 21, 2017
Overall bank is a great place to work and grow , I have had many advancements as I started as a teller and had been given many opportunities. Citizens allows people to progress and expand in their careers.
Citizens Bank
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MISeptember 21, 2017
Citizens was a good place to work but had serious issues with processing which created problems for the customers as loans would take up to or more than 90 days.
Pros
Training
Cons
Processing/Underwriting
great work environment
Customer Service/ Teller (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy the work culture. I would recommend Citizens Bank as career for anyone who would like to learn the financial industry. There is plenty of room for advancement.
Great bank with a lot of wonderfull people working there
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Loup City, NESeptember 19, 2017
I loved everything about working inside the bank. The staff from top to bottom is full of outstanding people, many of whom I still consider good friends. The ownership also had some ties to a mortgage broker who I felt put the bank at risk with the way they operated. When they had issues, they would ask the bank to provide temporary financing. Depending on the timing of their issues, they would ask us to do things that in my opinion were at best against their own loan policy. When I refused to operate in in this manner I was terminated.
Pros
Pay, people, hours
Cons
1 bad apple
Micromanagement
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
Micro management is the story to be told here. Everyday you are told the same processes by management, third party organizations work super slow for you. Commission bonus system is very easily taken away. Customer satisfaction scores can either make you or break you. Long hours.
Productive Workplace Environment
Lender/New Accounts (Current Employee) –  Beverly, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy my work days here at Citizens Bank. I am a Lender with my NMLS# as well as having the ability to service customers in opening new accounts. As well as being able to service existing customers with any needs they may have. The culture is great here, with it being a smaller bank it's more personable. As far as being very accommodating in the event you would need to do something spur of the moment type of things. I have 3 young boys so very rarely things come up where I would need to leave, but in the event I would need to they would be more than willing to accommodate me. The management team here is excellent. You are able to reach out to any member of the management team if you are needing anything. I can't think of one that would not be willing to help with anything you may need at the time. I can't honestly think of anything that's terribly hard at my job. If I had to think of something it would probably be that it's rare, but sometimes everyone may be busy not being able to help if you need to. Then in that event you must figure it out on your own. Again this is not necessarily hard because this allows you to be able to use your own brain and be able to problem solve on your own. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I would with a great group of team members. At the end of the day we are all here to reach a common goal, and that is to make sure each customer receives the best customer service and problem solving when needed! I feel that is something that we pride our self in and I really enjoy that. You don't find many places like that anymore, and that's definitely  more... something very important to me!  less
Pros
Having the ability to reach out to anyone at any particular time.
Cons
The only con I would have is that with it being a smaller bank the pay compensation lacks some.
Loved the bank
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NY 14456September 19, 2017
Was a very good place to work. Was able to have freedom and go visit your business customers when there was enough staffing in the bank. We rotated weekends so not one of us worked every weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.