Pros: informatica power center 9.1/8.6, cognos, oracle 10g, sql, pl/sql, toad 9.1, unix, sql server 2008
Cons: ecerything looks good
• Responsible for Data requirements gathering, Design, Development, Unit Testing and Implementation. Provided Production support of the Data Mart on 24/7 basis. Involved in the Business Analysis, System Analysis, Design and Data modeling.
• Interacted with Business users to analyze the business process and requirements. Worked with the Business Analyst – more... and Data Modeler during the functional design and technical design phases.
• Prepared High Level (HLD) and Detail Level Documents (DLD).
• Designed and developed various Informatica Mappings using Active & Passive Transformations.
• Developed standard and re-usable mappings and mapplets using various transformations like expression, aggregator, joiner, source qualifier, router, lookup, and Router.
• Monitored workflows and collected performance data to maximize the session performance. Unit Testing and debugging of ETL objects. Involved in reviewing the Test Cases written by the peers.
• Data quality checking and interacting with the business analysts.
• Created Task Session, Email and Workflow to execute the mappings. Used workflow monitor to monitor the jobs, reviewed error logs that were generated for each session, and rectified any cause of failure.
• Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures for implementing business rules and transformations.
• Developed UNIX Shell scripts. Created & Scheduled jobs to run daily and weekly.
• Worked on performance tuning of mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
• Facilitated team and client meetings effectively and held regular status meetings with project team. Resolved/ elevated issues and ensured communication of relevant project information to all stake holders.
• Used tools like TOAD and SQL navigator to run the queries and validate the data loaded into power center and different other layers like Data Warehouse.
• Developed and maintained project plans and communicated project progress via regular status meetings and resolved any open issues/risks to project stakeholders. Managed stakeholder expectations and established business priorities to meet stakeholder needs. – less