Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 16, 2014
Fast paced environment.
Need to be multitask oriented.
Team environment.
Too Sales Driven
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Natick, MAMarch 14, 2014
All they care about is sales! Regardless if you make your goals they always want more, nothing is ever good enough.
Warm environment, Customer Oriented
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 14, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: multiple government regulations
Worked daily on customer relations. Helped advise appropriate accounts, or solved problems. Coached colleagues to achieve goals with most recent promotions and current products. Daily sales activities were primary but handled everything from managing all colleagues down to making sure the facility was clean and professional.
I learned how to prioritize – more... amongst many high priority on goings.
I had a open relationship will all my colleagues that either worked for me, equal to me, or managed me. I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve their goals whether it be business or personal.
The hardest part of the job was two fold. The first to keep my personal emotions separate from the situation but still be empathetic. The second to make sure that in the problem solving that all regulations were being followed but still being able to solve the issue or at very minimum that they understand what or why things are the way they are.
The most enjoyable part of the job were also the hardest. I get great personal satisfaction from being able to help people. – less
Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Cranston, RIMarch 6, 2014
Pros: .......
Cons: ......
Educational Loan Financial Management System is a web based comprehensive software package supporting Student Financial Aid Administration, Loans and Reports. The system is modular and organized to support all of the functions of the Financial Aid Office like need analysis, evaluation, packaging, notification, disbursement, funds management, tracking, – more... verification and reporting. This application completely enabled the process of loan applying to loan repayment of a customer over the World Wide Web – less
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), philadelphiaMarch 5, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
this is a good place to work when you are in high school or new to the working field. the people i work with here makes the job enjoyable.
TELLER (Current Employee), McMurray, PAMarch 4, 2014
work can be very busy. I have learned a lot and enjoy each of my co workers. The management is very good and I enjoy the atmosphere of the branch. The hardest part of the job would be trying to reach goals when you have obstacles.
I enjoyed working at Citizens Bank. It was a good atmosphere.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 25, 2014
I worked at Citizens for a little over a year and enjoyed every minute. I learned so much working there. Prior to my employment I had never worked with an FHA or VA loan. I was taught how to obtain an FHA case number and a previous appraisal. I was also taught the proper way to read a DU report as well as a credit report.

The immediate managers at – more... Citizens were great bosses and were very knowledgeable. You could ask them anything. If they were not available all co workers were very accommodating.

The toughest part of the job was trying to get the documents needed. Customers were not always happy when certain documents were requested.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was knowing I helped someone get their first home or helped them to get their refinance done to put an addition on their existing property. Once that loan closed, I knew my job was done and done well. – less
Upper management non supportive
IS Branch Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: rarely see upper management
Cons: see below
If the pay were not so good I would have left more quickly. Upper management will not support branch managers in tough times. They don't spend enough time in branches to see the trends and allow the proper adjustments.

Also, they hire college kids with no motivation and expect you to perform miracles.
Great People, great leadership
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for a company that was very concerned for its workers and shared it's wealth.
Great place to work.
Providence - PT/FT Bank Teller (Former Employee), Milford, CTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: all the hershey kisses you could eat!!
Cons: lots of pressure to consistently meet goals
Enjoyed working with people everyday. It was challenging to meet the goals that were required. All the co-workers turned into great friends.
Productive and learning environment
Assistant Branch Manager/Business Banker (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: looked forward to my bonuses, great learning experiences.
Cons: very long hours and days.
Long hours, coach personal banks, make 15-20 out bound calls daily to get appointments for new sales opportunities.

I learnt how to be a manager, sale person and a teller at Citizens Bank.

Management worked aggressively to deepen the banks foot print and name on Long Island.

My co-workers, were competitive, willing to learn and supportive.

The hardest – more... part of my job was working long days and weekends which was a challenge at times but i got it done.

Managing and motivating my team to achieve our goals. – less
Good Compensation Package Bad Corporate Culture
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: culture
You can earn a good base salary and the commissions are great, but you will have to work your tail off to earn them. This is definitely a 50+ hour a week job. Management is proficient with internal systems but aren't always knowledgeable about big picture professional development and can be more concerned with managing activity than ultimate results. – more... There is a ton of reporting and at least twice weekly conference calls.

There seems to be a lack of team spirit, mostly because everyone is so busy worrying about their own very aggressive goals. Lines of business partners are often spread too thin to help you succeed in the many areas where you will be expected to perform.

I have witnessed a number of occasions where people were unjustly "thrown under the bus" and other types of unprofessional behavior were exhibited. This type of behavior is apparently acceptable provided that the person doing the throwing is a good producer.

This is a British company owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) so there are constant rumors of a sale or takeover as RBS may be interested in divesting in North America. – less
Good overall
Contact Center Specialist III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2014
I love working for the company, and going to work each day. Great focus on customer satisfaction. Sometimes the management can be too hands on with employees life outside of work.
Fun place to work
Loan Operation Analyst (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: all about numbers
The company has great benefits. I have enjoyed my years working at Citizens Bank. Have seen many changes within the company since I started working there some for the good and some for the bad.
Good Company but seems to be falling.
Senior Teller/Assistant Teller Manager (Current Employee), North Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, benefits
Cons: short lunch, high tension
Citizens is a good company to work for if it's not strictly on the retail side. If you're a teller or banker the days can be stressful and the workload can be heavy. Titles such as Assistant Manager or Branch Manager, loan officers, mortgage officers, tend to be the better type of employment within Citizens.
Unethical Company towards customers!
Assistant Branch manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, vacation time.
Cons: doing things to meet your goal when you know it'not the right thing to do. just don't get caught.
Company was great to work for up to 2010. After that you were persuaded to get family members open accounts, open checking account for a penny, ask older ppl or friends to redo their lines if credit so you can make your goal,( most older ppl have good credit and no debt) get ppl to take 2&3 credit cards to make goal. Operations were only cared about – more... when it was getting close to be audited by corporate. Company loved you for sales but would throw you under the bus if something came up in an audit. This is 100% true ask any employee. Citizens acts like they care about their customers and does service calls, actually the only reason they call is to sell you more stuff. Lead lists are displayed to colleagues showing what you may be approved for. 2 call nights a week until 7:00pm for 2 hrs. It's called "smile and dial". Citizens paid good and colleagues were awesome but the ethics in that company are scary. – less
Good small company
Acting/ Assistant Bank Manger/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Medford, MAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great personnel hard workers
Cons: management to comfortable in their positions
Great personnel who work hard.
Benefits are lacking
Pay follows the market
A fast pace learning environment.
Corporate Trainer III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaFebruary 6, 2014
A great place to work. Good benefits and enjoyable people. You will be provided with all opportunities necessary to move your career in the right direction.
Very stressful job
Teller (Former Employee), Nashua, NHFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: managers, drama, long hours, not enough pay
Was not a good place to work for the act like they care about you and they really don't. Managers get away with everything and don't get in trouble for it. The managers motto is do as I say not as I do.
Fun and enjoyale staff to work with.
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Tomahawk, WIJanuary 30, 2014
Great bank to be employee for. Training and staff were very helpful entering the bank employment after many years. Very much a family work life balance schedule.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos