Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,209 reviews matching the search
Great opportunity
Fraud data analyst/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAApril 30, 2016
Its a great place to work but compensation and raises are not. However i would recommend this company for anyone who is looking for longevity.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Pay
unknown
Personal Banker/Teller Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2016
Responsibilities for legal department account payable audits for auto financing. Works independently with minimal supervision, performs administrative duties including creating and preparing routine materials, proofreading, verifying, and editing all materials for extreme accuracy and clarity. Utilizes computer skills to prepare complex correspondence,reports, charts, tables, graphs ,and forms use discretion and judgment with collection telephone calls. Organizes work to team to established priorities. Handle confidential information professionally and consistent with legal and ethical policies.
Great Experience
Multi-Location Training Manager & Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 20, 2016
Citizens Bank has a great culture if you know what your getting into. This is an organization for sales driven people that are NOT resistant to change. AMAZING management and colleagues. The people make the job! Hardest part is having a system one day and it changes the next.
Should You Work Here?...
Contact Center Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 15, 2016
I've had this job about 2 years now and to be completely honest I did not think I would stay this long. The work environment is great, colleagues, and team leads can be very welcoming as well. There are still somethings that need to change; especially when it comes to advancing in the company as a minority.
Pros
Decent pay, Overtime availability, Training, Health Benefits, Incentives
Cons
Advancing as a Minority is pretty hard. Good Luck
Good Place to work
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 5, 2016
Citizens Bank is a good place to work. Customer service is their number 1 priority but making money isn't far behind. My manager didn't seem to care if the customers understood what they were signing as long as they were signing up for some kind of a loan or credit card. that is why i left, i do not agree with that approach. since i left the job he also was removed from his position.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifits
Cons
The Manager, will do whatever needed to push you to make money for the company
Not a stable job
Personal Banker Universal (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 16, 2016
While with Citizens I had 7 different branch managers and 6 different regional managers. Because of high management turnover, I had no clear leadership. We also had high employee turnover At one point. my manger and I were the only employees left in the branch which meant I was the only teller. I was responsible for every teller transaction, the vault, the ATM and we had to work 6 day weeks with no breaks for months.

I began in a teller position and was forced into a universal banker position when company went public. This change meant more responsibilities at same pay rate. It was difficult to meet sales goals since I was working the teller line more than the new accounts desk.

My co-workers were great. We tried to work as a team but were usually short staffed and burnt out.
Sales job
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 3, 2016
This is a sales job, it seemed to never be enough no matter how many sales you had. Work/life balance was not good. This is particularly at the branches that are located inside of a grocery store. Long hours. Not a very consistent job. On the other hand people that worked at this particular branch made it much better.
Pros
Coworkers were great.
Cons
Not a good work/life balance.
Company grew quickly and lost their focus
Banker 1, Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CT, Westerly, RIOctober 18, 2016
I worked for Citizens Bank for many years. I started when they were "Not Your Typical Bank". Over the years, Citizens Bank grew and acquired other smaller banks. This transition left branches short staffed with larger work loads. many employees had to forfeit a lunch break due to lack of help. Employees were promoted to positions without sufficient training. The Bank as a whole became completely focused on sales and did not keep their customers best interest in mind.

On the teller line in the branches, my colleagues and I always worked as a team to get out tasks done and encouraged each other to make our sales goals.

On the platform, colleagues were paid higher bonuses for achieving their sales goals, so relationships were not as strong.
Pros
Reasonable hours, paid holidays, decent vacation time
Cons
Employee retention rate in branches was poor
Great Team
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2016
Citizens Bank has a great culture and work life balance. I really enjoy working for this financial institution. Thank you
Career Builder
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Holmes, PAOctober 15, 2016
Banking jobs are great if you aren't sure what you want to do with your self as far as career wise, and have children. Its a steady 9am-5pm no holidays and long weekends. Its a sale's based job! I personally do not think sales based jobs have security because you can convince someone all day long to go with what you are saying but if they do not meet the qualifications theres nothing you can do.
Bank Life
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAMay 29, 2016
Very stressful and they want you to do more and more each time. Great benefits but you will go home with stress on your back.
Very professional atmosphere
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIJanuary 3, 2017
I created a workflow for my position which was managing all audits for commercial operations. I managed business line managers, as well as auditors to ensure each participant in the audit had everything they needed in a timely manor to ensure the audit ran smoothly and was completed on time. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the aspects of the position as well as commercial banking without training. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all of the aspects involved in commercial banking.
A job worth taking on for self improvement
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 18, 2016
Working at Citizens Bank definitely has its ups and downs as any other job. Overall a great experience if you have banking background or want to learn various categories of finances and professionalisms in sales. There are many ways to advance in this career. A major perk is the pay but not so much in commissions. The management there is very helpful with making sure you maintain improvement in this field but watch out for the overload in sales goals and continuous hounding for accounts and new money.
Pros
Good pay, growth within, learning
Cons
short breaks, commissions, sales focus
Very Productive
Loan Assistant-Current (Current Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAFebruary 20, 2017
Its a great place to work but I find it hard to advance. I have too much knowledge and understanding in banking to just stay in one place. I need to spread my wings in order to grow bigger.
Pros
Off at 3:45 everyday.
Cons
short lunch breaks and no room for advancement
Work life balance is good, but goals were unrealistic
Retail Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYOctober 15, 2016
Days were usually slow but they offer a lot of training so their employees are knowledgeable and versatile. The management set unrealistic goals which cause bankers to cut corners. Co-workers were fun to work with when they weren't complaining, hardest part was trying to make the goals. The most enjoyable part was the relationships between bankers in the branch as well as with other branches
Great team to work for and with
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 5, 2016
This was a great place to work the management was stable to begin but after outsourcing to another IT company the management changed on a yearly basis making it hard to have a working relationship.
The training was great to start but again went downhill once outsourced to private IT company.
Pros
Great co-workers and experience
Cons
On call hours at times were 24 straight hours making life a little hard.
postive and fun work plae not much room for movin uo though
teller/ oan reviewer (Current Employee) –  Hickman, KYMarch 30, 2016
management is great its a wonderful place to work just no way to move up pay is horrible and horrible benefits. but other that that it is great people to work with and for its like one big family
Client Service Specialist/Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 24, 2016
Learned to build and maintain relationships with large business Clients. Very team oriented. Great place to learn customer service skills. Management was excellent. I enjoyed my colleagues and customers.
Pros
Excellent PTO, given as a whole and can be used on a first come first serve basis.
Cons
Not much room for growth. Layoffs!!
Typical call center environment
Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 27, 2017
A normal day would include a typical call center environment, with monitoring, time scales for calls and targets to achieve. Management can be somewhat tough but that's to be expected in this corporate environment.
Pros
Nice working hours
Cons
Has the potential to be stressful as with any job
Citizens is awful
Customer Resolution Senior Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 6, 2017
Hate the company. Management and rule are terrible, I would never recommend this company to anyone. The culture is not based on merit at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

74%