Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place
Teller I- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Washington, OHApril 17, 2015
Citizens bank really was the perfect job. Great hours, awesome people, location was close to home- couldnt really ask for anything better.
fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2015
Responsible for finding and receiving overpayments due to medical facilities billing and accounting errors. Contact insurance agencies via telephone to gather claims information on Medicare beneficiaries. Responsible for analyzing the quality within the Medicare accounts receivable department.
Good company
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo New YorkApril 17, 2015
Pros: Banking perks
Cons: Compensation was low
Started with Charter One Bank and after conversion to Citizens Bank continued to work for a couple of years. As with any conversion, procedures and management changed which changed how the company was run.
Great learning experience
BRANCH MANAGER/BRANCH OPERATIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYApril 15, 2015
Great fast pace work place, always something new to learn or teach keeping positive energy and motivation going on a daily when it came sales in retail bank wasn't easy but you had to keep on your touches and always be open minded to different sales tactic, plus keeping up to date on the latest changes in auditing
The Company is going through major changes.
Personal Banker- F/T (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 13, 2015
The Company is going through major changes. I appreciated my time there and the experience that I gained, through the adversity there at times and relationships that I established along the way.
Professional Envioment with great chance at Advacement
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Brookline, MAApril 13, 2015
I always felt supported and appreciated while working at Citizens. There was a direct focus on development that was active in discussion with management.
Not much room for advancement
Sr Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Cranston, RIApril 11, 2015
Pros: I learned the banking filed, as well as the work involved behind the workings of a bank.
Cons: Like i said, not much room for advancement.
I worked for 11 years at Citizens. I went as far as I could go, from a teller to SR Operations Clerk. The pay could have been higher, and the Bank was going thru transition, so they were making lots of cuts to their employees.
Very Stressful
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Syracuse, NyApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good training, above average pay, great coworkers
Cons: High stress, demanding sales goals, high turnover, long hours
The main problem with Citizens is that they expected far too much from their employees. The hours were ridiculous, the assigned sales goals were completely unrealistic, and you were expected to be a teller, CSR, banker, loan officer, salesperson, and compliance manager all at the same time.

It was a fun challenge for a while, but when you are doing the job of 6 people and working 11 hour days up to 7 days a week, it's unsustainable and you get burnt out quickly. Because of that, turnover is very high, which makes it even more stressful for veteran workers who have to deal with being understaffed.

I did learn a lot working there, and I met some great people, both coworkers and customers. The pay was also above average for an entry level banking position in Syracuse.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cranston, RIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Wonderful co workers
Cons: short breaks
Citizens Bank has a great work environment. Mangers that care about their team members. Always room to grow inside the comapny.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Nice customers. Bad employees
Licensed Banker (Former Employee), PAMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed interacting with the customers, which were mostly elderly. The manager was very pleasant and upbeat and always the same no mater what. The employees; however, were very catty and negative: always talking bad about one another behind each others backs and at times even being rude to some of the more needy customers. The employees attitudes really took a toll on the moral in the work environment.
Banking
Consumer (Former Employee), MIMarch 26, 2015
Working for this bank was a great learning experience. Management was extremely friendly and supportive. Co-workers were great!
Great work culture
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 24, 2015
Most employees there were quality people with great customer service skills. There was a fostering atmosphere and I believed the company truly wanted me to succeed.
Retail banking
Licensed Banker (Current Employee), massachusettsMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great work life balance, decent benefits, great managers
Cons: widget pressure, sales pressure, cold calling/working late
The banking industry has changed a lot recently. More and more banks are changing into more of a retail sales environment. There is a lot of pressure to hit sales goals that sometimes seem impossible. There have been changes to the incentive structure that really limit your ability to make extra money even when you are consistently generating more revenue than you are expected to. Typical day consists of helping customers and dealing with back offices to resolve issues minimal time is focused on opening accounts.
Decent place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Citizens Bank. I only left due to relocation to a state where Citizens Bank is not present. It is a very sales focused bank with decent benefits.
dead end job
Teller Manager/Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: loved my colleagues
Cons: everything else
This is a job not a career. Absolutely zero chance of advancement. Empty promises, horrible leadership, don't expect raises unless you try to quit and then they value you, managers who know nothing, and an upside down staffing structure. Life is very stressful at Citizens and the rewards few and far between. Spent or should I say wasted 8 years there and even after going for positions that I literally was asked to apply for by one of my regional managers I got absolutely no where. Many employees are treated and spoken too poorly if you don't stand up for yourself, but then you're railroaded out. Horrible turnover rate, cannot retain employees for anything and the ones who have stuck around and get paid decent, such as myself, are slowly being eliminated.
Wouldn't recommend
Document Preparation Analyst II (Current Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 20, 2015
Citizens Bank doesn't treat their employees right. Their main focus is the business. Moral at Citizens is very low. Wouldn't recommend as an employer.
Worked there for almost two decades, but badly treated in the last few months.
Teller Manager II (Former Employee), Littleton, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Great colleagues
Cons: Stressful, hectic, lack of job security
I worked there for 17 years. I was the top teller manager in my region for 4 years continuously, and I always excelled in my duties.

The last few months of my time at Citizens' was marked with inepitude and disrespect by the management. The bank became a "universal branch" towards the end of 2014. At that time, they did not select me as a universal branch bank; they instead selected less experienced and lower-performing workers from other branches. The managers and the HR were not helpful at all. I contacted several times asking for their rationale, but they only responded that "I was not picked" without any semblance of reasoning.

I worked there full-time 6 days a week for 17 years, almost always going without lunch due to shorthandedness. The stress levels continuously increased as management imposed higher and higher targets without providing any sort of guidance or training to help satisfy the new goals.

My colleages were wonderful; however, the management and the HR was horrible.
Good Company
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Rochester NYMarch 18, 2015
Good Benefits, Very Sales Driven Culture. Company is currently going through changes. They are trying to be an independent bank.
Have worked with very talented people.
Look Elsewheres
Universal Banker / Business banker (Current Employee), nepaMarch 18, 2015
If you like to be threatened, promised things - to only get nothing in the end, get bullied, not be rewarded for your success, and never feel like you have job security...this is the place for you.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Salaries

$10.85 per hour
Banker
$35,000 per year

Citizens Bank Photos

We all donated money and raced for charity.