Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

great work environment
Customer Service/ Teller (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy the work culture. I would recommend Citizens Bank as career for anyone who would like to learn the financial industry. There is plenty of room for advancement.
Great bank with a lot of wonderfull people working there
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Loup City, NESeptember 19, 2017
I loved everything about working inside the bank. The staff from top to bottom is full of outstanding people, many of whom I still consider good friends. The ownership also had some ties to a mortgage broker who I felt put the bank at risk with the way they operated. When they had issues, they would ask the bank to provide temporary financing. Depending on the timing of their issues, they would ask us to do things that in my opinion were at best against their own loan policy. When I refused to operate in in this manner I was terminated.
Pros
Pay, people, hours
Cons
1 bad apple
Micromanagement
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
Micro management is the story to be told here. Everyday you are told the same processes by management, third party organizations work super slow for you. Commission bonus system is very easily taken away. Customer satisfaction scores can either make you or break you. Long hours.
Productive Workplace Environment
Lender/New Accounts (Current Employee) –  Beverly, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy my work days here at Citizens Bank. I am a Lender with my NMLS# as well as having the ability to service customers in opening new accounts. As well as being able to service existing customers with any needs they may have. The culture is great here, with it being a smaller bank it's more personable. As far as being very accommodating in the event you would need to do something spur of the moment type of things. I have 3 young boys so very rarely things come up where I would need to leave, but in the event I would need to they would be more than willing to accommodate me. The management team here is excellent. You are able to reach out to any member of the management team if you are needing anything. I can't think of one that would not be willing to help with anything you may need at the time. I can't honestly think of anything that's terribly hard at my job. If I had to think of something it would probably be that it's rare, but sometimes everyone may be busy not being able to help if you need to. Then in that event you must figure it out on your own. Again this is not necessarily hard because this allows you to be able to use your own brain and be able to problem solve on your own. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I would with a great group of team members. At the end of the day we are all here to reach a common goal, and that is to make sure each customer receives the best customer service and problem solving when needed! I feel that is something that we pride our self in and I really enjoy that. You don't find many places like that anymore, and that's definitely  more... something very important to me!  less
Pros
Having the ability to reach out to anyone at any particular time.
Cons
The only con I would have is that with it being a smaller bank the pay compensation lacks some.
Loved the bank
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NY 14456September 19, 2017
Was a very good place to work. Was able to have freedom and go visit your business customers when there was enough staffing in the bank. We rotated weekends so not one of us worked every weekend.
work day
Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2017
Primary focus is on new business development in an assigned territory and relationship management with clear expectations on exceeding assigned sales and service goals for clients up to $5 million in revenue. Products marketed include deposits, credit, cash management, payroll services, foreign exchange, credit cards and merchant services. Developed a center of influence list with a detailed plan to build relationships that lead to referral business opportunities to achieve goals. Required to make a targeted number of in person calls to prospects, customers, center of influence, portfolio and internal partners weekly.
It can be a nice enjoyable place to work for if you land in the right department.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2017
There is not a typical work day in my department, it varies.
The new management is not properly trained.
The hardest part of my job is the work hours.
Pros
A good work environment and your work gets appreciated under the right management.
Cons
Inconsistency in different departments, lack of training/mentoring of the new management
Productive and learning environment.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 18, 2017
The hardest part about Citizens Bank was dealing with customers loosing their homes, and the economy going up and down. Although, I did enjoy helping with customers.
Pros
Benefits, and Monthly Bonuses
Cons
Lack of training with new government regulations that deal with loans
citizens bank
ABM/ Operational Branch Captain (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 18, 2017
I loved working in my branch every day was a fast-paced work environment. i learned all about the operations & laws of banking. all the behind scenes of a bank.
Loss Mitigation Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2017
Recently laid off.. Great environment to work... Fast- Paced environment.. Company events and activities provided. Dual monitor screens providrd to increase work productivity.
Disappointing Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MISeptember 17, 2017
I worked at Citizens for 13 years. Ive had 10 managers during this period, very bad turnover. Being promoted was very difficult, its all who you know and what you bring in for sales for promotion. Citizens does care about a true customer relationship. Every employee is just a number and all they want is sales. Doesnt matter how, where, what customer realtionship is ruined, as long as the sales come in. Management- work overtime but do not get paid. Ive seen many negative things happen including policies not been worked corectly. They pick and chose what employee stays, no loyalty. EEOC needs to investigate this Company.
Pros
Health/pto time
Cons
Unethical
Turned out to be everything I heard about this company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 16, 2017
A typical work day is basically a 10 hour day on your feet.Most of the managers I have met here unfortunately have been very unprofessional and some type of sneaky or dishonest. They do not promote people who deserve to be, but rather people who do sneaky things to get ahead. Which isn't the honest way. You are expected to meet unrealistic goals. Higher management check on you multiple times a day to see how you are doing sales wise. You are under paid considering all the things they ask of you. This is basically a retail sales job. It is not like any other financial institution I have ever worked at. I did not have a good experience here. I was hesitant about applying here because I heard many negative things about Citizens and unfortunately I have to say it turned out to be true.
Pros
Not many
Cons
management, hours, pay
friendly envirnoment
safe deposit boxes
always smile
friendly
patient
Pros
working with others
Cons
dangers of working in banks
Amazing job, with amazing people!
Consumer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 15, 2017
Working for Citizens was one of the best choices I ever made! I loved the company, and the people I worked with. They always had something fun going on for the employees, and it was never a boring day! I highly recommend working for them if ever given the chance!
Good for a start
Sanitation Provider (Former Employee) –  Wheelersburg, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I provided janitorial services for only a couple of hours twice a week. The job was simple and extremely flexible, and at the time I had a special needs child that required that flexibility.
Review
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PA 18411September 13, 2017
As a mortgage loan officer I was compensated on a commission basis. No allowance for holidays or vacation time. Also, the bank took on a lot of management.
Noting to say
Commercial Loan Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 13, 2017
I ave nothing to say about citizens bank. I left for a reason. I started working there in 2004. It was great at first, but things started going downhill management wise several years later.
Good job but high employee turnover.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hartford City, INSeptember 13, 2017
The job itself I really liked. Because I am a people person, this job suited me at the time. The job itself wasn't hard but ever changing due to regulation changes. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the local manager. There doesn't seem to either be enough training on dealing with and communicating with employees or the manager just didn't care handling situations in a professional manner. Current environment causes high employee turnover rate which customer's commented on often while I was there as they too are effected by the constant changes.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Management handling and dealing with employees
Resume building job. Not a career move.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 12, 2017
From working at Citizens Bank I did not see any opportunity for promotion, and did not witness anyone be promoted internally. Typically used as a stepping stone into another organization.
It was worth the experience...
Personal Banker (in-store) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 12, 2017
Over my time in Citizens Bank, I met some great people and learned about how cut-throat the banking industry is. That is what turn me off almost immediately was because of the mid-day check in call. To which in my first impression, seemed like the vibe was so cut-throat. I knew that I didn't want to have a full career here after all of the disorganization and the clowns that they were hiring from other store locations.

I had my share of great experiences in learning. I learned a lot about finances and loans. I also learned about myself and how I get to know other people and how they handle their money.
Pros
Fun culture
Cons
Incompetent hiring choices, Disorganization, Ethics were in question.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.