Citizens Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
High Employee Turnover
Personal Banker Universal (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 21, 2016
While with Citizens I had 7 different branch managers and 6 different regional managers. Because of high management turnover, I had no clear leadership. We also had high employee turnover At one point. my manger and I were the only employees left in the branch which meant I was the only teller. I was responsible for every teller transaction, the vault, the ATM and we had to work 6 day weeks with no breaks for months.

I began in a teller position and was forced into a universal banker position when company went public. This change meant more responsibilities at same pay rate. It was difficult to meet sales goals since I was working the teller line more than the new accounts desk.

My co-workers were great. We tried to work as a team but were usually short staffed and burnt out.
Pros
Paid Holidays/Medical Benefits
Cons
Employee Turnover
Should You Work Here?...
Contact Center Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 15, 2016
I've had this job about 2 years now and to be completely honest I did not think I would stay this long. The work environment is great, colleagues, and team leads can be very welcoming as well. There are still somethings that need to change; especially when it comes to advancing in the company as a minority.
Pros
Decent pay, Overtime availability, Training, Health Benefits, Incentives
Cons
Advancing as a Minority is pretty hard. Good Luck
ever changing with no clear strategic direction.
Commercial Banking Relationship Manager III (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMarch 9, 2016
Chaotic atmosphere was centered around going public.

Organization in a state of flux.

Middle management at an extremely high turnover.
Pros
sales driven, productivity and high energy.
Cons
too frequest corporate changes, strategies and initiatives.
Knowledgeable and Customer Service Atmosphere
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Eagle, WIMarch 5, 2016
Days can be slow at the bank but on our busy days, our primary job is providing our customers with their needs in a professional manner. I have learned with my time at the bank it's important to treat the customer's like you want to be treated. Customer service is a good way to get involved and interact with the customer's and make your job enjoyable.
Pros
Customer involvement
Cons
Slow work days, poor pay
Good Place to work
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 5, 2016
Citizens Bank is a good place to work. Customer service is their number 1 priority but making money isn't far behind. My manager didn't seem to care if the customers understood what they were signing as long as they were signing up for some kind of a loan or credit card. that is why i left, i do not agree with that approach. since i left the job he also was removed from his position.
Pros
Great Pay and Benifits
Cons
The Manager, will do whatever needed to push you to make money for the company
Still building enviroment
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHMarch 4, 2016
Interact with business community

Find opportunities within current and non current businesses within my area

Provide leadership, coaching and support for colleagues

Grow my COI for key relationships

Grew pipelines

Followed procedures of federal and bank guidelines
Pros
Professional enviroment
Cons
Poor pay
Great place to work. It wasn't just a job...We were a family with a strong Credo.
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMarch 3, 2016
I miss working at Citizens Bank. Co-workers and customers were like family to me. I enjoyed getting to know my customers and their families and being able to help them with their financial needs. I appreciate the respect and recognition I received for my performance, and for the opportunity to grow and learn with the company. Morning huddles, weekly coaching, and regional meetings enabled me to be more productive and feel secure in my job. My only regret is that Citizens Bank doesn't have a branch located in the area I have moved to and that I was forced to retire. I enjoyed the competitive pay, awesome benefits, opportunities of advancement, job security, community involvement, bonuses, recognition and family atmosphere.
Micro Managing enviroment
Banker II (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 3, 2016
Typical day is a very structured and process driven atmosphere. Very little work life balance. Customer interaction all day, high goals
Pros
Structure
Cons
Micro Management
Micromanagers
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 3, 2016
This company will never want to nor ever strive to be one of the top 10 companies to work for. Too much pressure is placed on perception and not ability.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too many to list
It was a job
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 1, 2016
Every day was a dramatic hassle. Many people were on stress leave. Higher-ups wanted us to do more with less money. They routinely decreased incentives. Every year, another benefit was reduced.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Citizens Bank, I have great coworkers and a great boss. I have learned a lot about different banking products and I enjoy all aspects about working in a branch
An great place to work to continue in your career, Retail Banking
Teller Manager/Universal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 22, 2016
It was fun and very educational with all of the changes over the years from Commonwealth National Bank days, unto Mellon Bank then onto Citizens Bank
Pros
trainings
Cons
Telemarketing
Fun workplace
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2016
Great family oriented workplace. They are very understanding to employee issues and caring. A typical workday is semi-fast paced attempting to complete all goals that you set for yourself.
Pros
Family oriented workplace
Cons
fixed pay rate
If you are licensed do not work there
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2016
They have no idea what they are doing and they do not know how to treat employees. Also poor investment platform and terrible company culture
Pros
NA
Cons
everything
Great Learning Experience and Financial Knowledge
Personal Banker/ Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYFebruary 17, 2016
I have been working with Citizens Bank for about two and half years now. I have grown very comfortable in my position which has helped me with my promotion after my first year of employment with Citizens. I am now a Business Specialist for my branch and work closely with both consumer and business customers personally. I have learned how to build relationships with customers, provide excellent satisfaction and help each customer to the best of my ability.
Unfortunately, Citizens experiences high turn over in the branches region-wide and for the most part, really hinders the staff members from conducting their line of work that they are required to fulfill each day. With that said, I find myself constantly unable to finish or even start my tasks I set for myself due to running the teller line for the day or not being able to leave my branch and expand my relationship by meeting prospect businesses to create customer generation to the branch, with this happening for over a year I have decided to start looking elsewhere for an opportunity with more challenge and promise to the position I am in.
The most enjoyable part of my job is not only the working with my co-workers but also receiving customer input and positive reactions to what I help them achieve in their own financial well-being as well as satisfaction and gratitude for me help.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
high turnover, incentive plans, unable to utilize full job description
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mukwonago, WIFebruary 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working with Citizens Bank, all the workers are very friendly and the bank works with difficult schedules. The people you work with are very friendly and become family very quickly. The wages are a little low, but the benefits are pretty good.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
low wages
Love working for a small community bank or a credit union
Customer Service Teller III (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 10, 2016
I come to work with a smile on my face, and usually work 4-5 hours per day. My managers and co-workers are a delight to work with and we always work well as a team.

I try to learn each of the regular customers by name as well as get to know them....it makes them happy when a bank teller remembers their personal details. I like working with people and numbers...I have always been good at keeping my cash drawer in balance.
great place to work
Mortgage Processor/Closer/Funding/Post Closing (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARFebruary 10, 2016
the only reason I left was my husband's job was no longer and we had to move. For the most part great people to work with. It was like a 2nd family
love!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAFebruary 5, 2016
Loved working here. A great company that you can believe in with opportunity for growth within. Management supports career development.
Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working there and would return if an opportunity became available. My co- workers were a great group which made the work and day go by quickly.

It was a challenging and rewarding position.