Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank United States Employee Reviews

Consumer Banking
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: steady paychecks, benefits and unencumbered time off
Cons: low pay and interesting job promotion challenges
A typical day at work involved solving a variety of problems for existing customers. Regular work weeks were enjoyable. I developed an access database to manage a branch based lending process for home equity lines of credit that allowed our branch to process applications more efficiently which allowed us to greatly exceed the high goals for our branch. The hardest part of the job was trying to open new checking accounts while juggling the high volume service needs of existing customers. The time required in servicing accounts almost always hindered me from having the needed time to win and process new checking account sales. On the occasions where I was freed from the servicing process I greatly excelled in prospecting, asking for business and winning that business.
N/A
Consumer services (Former Employee), Philadelphia PAJanuary 10, 2015
Very nice company to work for. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Beware - if you work here your position could be outsourced soon - many of the great benefits including working from home two days / week are on table
Are you kidding --- it's a small world. (Former Employee), RIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: short commute if you live in the area, people are overall friendly
Cons: outsourcing all of it is imminent.
Overall Citizens has been a great place to work. If you ignore the pro outsource remarks during the town hall meetings. If you plan working here in IT you risk loosing your job to an outsourced company or getting rebadged as an IBM Global employee.

What we are loosing is synergy across the teams. When I started here there was synergy between Applications, Systems, Database, and Networking. If services were on the brink of deteriorating all it took was a quick bridge call to get all the teams in sync and we got the job done. Now that outsourcing has started the bridge calls are unproductive. it's like the Keystone Cops are on the case. It's not fun at all being on an unproductive bridge call that goes on for hours and hours.

Those of us who do our job well are insulted by the fact the bank feels our skill set is a commodity that they can just outsource. When we are all gone they are in for a rude awakening. It's too bad, we had a great work culture here. Not enough desks or parking so we were encouraged to work from home two days / week. Fridays are dress down days. Now there's even talk of doing away with working from home. They are probably afraid we are all looking for new employment. Truth is if working from home is off the table then most of us will leave. My home workstation is superior to what I have at the office. The bingo halls in Cranston are too noisy to be productive. I get more done working from home.
Educational Loan Financial Management System
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 8, 2015
Educational Loan Financial Management System is a web based comprehensive software package supporting Student Financial Aid Administration, Loans and Reports. The system is modular and organized to support all of the functions of the Financial Aid Office like need analysis, evaluation, packaging, notification, disbursement, funds management, tracking, verification and reporting. This application completely enabled the process of loan applying to loan repayment of a customer over the World Wide Web
Bank Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 7, 2015
The customers were great. There was no room for growth within the company
Poor work enviroment
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee), CenturyJanuary 6, 2015
Managers will throw you under the bus in no time. No real culture or opportunity for advancement. Long hours and unfair schedules and low compensation. No benefits and a poor retirement plan.
sales manager
Branch Manager (Current Employee), NYJanuary 6, 2015
business development
b2b sales
wealth management
great hours
Citizens Bank
System Administrator (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Citizens Bank is a great place to work. I have really enjoyed my time as an employee at Citizens Bank. However at this time I am looking for other work environments.
High energy, fast paced, customer satisfaction a priority
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: i live less than a mile away, and have walked to work sometimes!
Cons: there is increasing pressure and related stress regarding goal expectations.
It has been my pleasure to work with several wonderful people, including the branch manager and assistant branch manager. In addition to my role as personal banker, I have also been trained to help on the teller side when needed. The branch that I work in is a very busy location, and the day seems to fly by sometimes. There are trainings to complete every month, customer appointment trackers, and goals to meet every day, every week, every month, and every quarter.
The hardest part of my job has been during the last year especially the last six months. We have been short on the teller side, so my "once-in-a-while" has become daily. It has become quite stressful to try to maintain my goals as a banker, and remain a team player within the branch overall. My strengths are in customer service. In a typical day, I may help an elderly lady "fix" her checkbook, open a new account for a 17 year old high school student, or help someone consolidate their expenses with a great credit card offer.
Senior Contract Recruiter
Senior Contract Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Citizens Bank is a great place to work. The recruitment team and leadership work well together as a team. I highly recommend as an employer.
Productive and fun work enviornment with advancement easily obtainable
Immediate Customer Response Supervisor (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria with pricesbetter than fast food places
Cons: short breaks, time watch
I had great co-workers and management support. As long as you are a hard-worker who show up to work everyday, you will be a valued employee with unlimited advancement. The amount of employee benefits for work and personal are more than most employers are well.
Highly sales driven
Manager (Former Employee), PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: trained well, great benefits
Cons: long hours, unreasonably high targets
Extremely high sales driven environment, with minimal focus on other skills. Company offers great products but puts emphasis on selling products that customers don't necessarily need. Long hours and very hard to reach targets therefore very difficult to receive incentive. company makes it difficult for one to meet its goals.
RBS Citizens is a tense workplace where you a constantly micromanaged.
Consumer Counselor II (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no sense of security, weak managers
At RBS Citizens a typical department consists of 35 colleagues. Of the 35 colleagues 7 are supervisors. You are constantly getting contradictory information from one supervisor to the next. They manage by fear and browbeating their employees. Their is no clearly defined goal. When the goal is changed it is not expressed to colleagues until the colleague is reprimanded for not following it
good job, bad career.
Universal Banker (Current Employee), PADecember 30, 2014
Pros: paid days off
Cons: micromanagement, long hours
Gave everything a 3 except job culture. Make no mistake; this is a sales organization. They teach you how to sell the products, but do not teach you (with much detail) what the products are. You are extremely micromanaged. The company might as well have everyone wearing a camera on their chin to monitor and see everything that they do in a given day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a culture where enough is never enough. The most enjoyable part is the paid days off, the coworkers (which obviously varies from one branch to the next) and some of the regular customers that you will get to know. My biggest issue is that while I left high school and went to college and earned a degree, because I am not working in my field, I am working UNDER an assistant manager that is a complete ditz. Think Tila Tequila meshed with a turtle. She was hired as an assistant manager though because when she left high school she worked at a retail store in the mall and after 10 years doing something that ANYONE can do she became an assistant manager peddling clothing.... I guess that's all Citizen's needs to see; no credit given for having ambition and pursuing college, sticking it out and earning your degree. Had I known that, I'd have stayed with McDonald's when I was 16, worked my way up to manager then left for a bank!
no comment
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VADecember 30, 2014
i prefer not to answer these questions i work for citizens and i am looking for a more secure position there are plenty opportunities with this company. I enjoy my co-workers and am able to build a great rapport with the customers every day. I enjoy educating customers on how they can save their homes and save their money.
Company lacks vision
Regional Manager, Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 29, 2014
Local management continues to strive to move company forward but lacks vision and experience to drive startegy.
Misleading and pushy environment, constantly having to impose on customers
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee), albany new yorkDecember 28, 2014
Pros: they are always hiring
Cons: hope you like being a teller, cause that's what you'll be, even if you are hired to do something else.
Was hired to be a universal banker, to push products and help open new accounts. Turns out, they have everyone be a teller now, and in this branch, it's a full time gig. And you are expected to push products to people on the line, and they will we rite you up if you don't get these new account opened even though you are on a teller line all day. I feel bamboozled by how the job was presented to me and the experience after only one week has me resigning immediately. I'm crushed and not sure why they wouldn't just have tellers and bankers separately hired? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm going to end up with no job and regretting this whole experience.
Temp position
UNIVERSAL PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
This was a temp position for me. Work there for 7 months. Friendly environment. Great group of people there. The work was great and also cafe.
Three Stars
Senior Loan Officer in Mortgage Department (Former Employee), Altoona, PADecember 26, 2014
working at Citizens was a good banking experience mixing it with the mortgage products and crossing selling in which was developed. Citizen's had an array of products and was structured in a particular process. we as originators had the responsibility of several counties with overwhelming of at least 21 branches due to the ability to retain their employees. If, I were to only service half of the branches the customer service and processing would have went a lot smoother and the ability to close a loan would have been more successful. I really enjoyed my colleagues and continue to remain friends with them at Citizens as I do with First Commonwealth colleagues.
its just makes it very difficult to be able to service the branches and colleagues in a good customer service atmosphere with the operational centers not be able to close the loans.
Kept productive
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: office enviroment felt disarraed
1.Huddle up in the morning for our daily goals
2.Helped new and existing customers with all banking issues.
3.Banking needs would include checking, savings, security box, dealing with complainants.
4. I felt that is was a very outdated branch and left out on its own in a lot of ways.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Salaries

$24,738 per year
Senior Personal Banker
$40,000 per year

Citizens Bank Photos

We all donated money and raced for charity.