Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search
People management
PMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2016
Learnt a lot about people and project managaement. was responsible for managing teams of people and managed projects over multiple platforms. led a team of people .
Sales job
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 3, 2016
This is a sales job, it seemed to never be enough no matter how many sales you had. Work/life balance was not good. This is particularly at the branches that are located inside of a grocery store. Long hours. Not a very consistent job. On the other hand people that worked at this particular branch made it much better.
Pros
Coworkers were great.
Cons
Not a good work/life balance.
Golden Dawn
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ford City, PANovember 2, 2016
Good high school job, will appreciate any hard work, but will then take advantage of it and work you to the bone while others basically come to work and sit around
Pros
good food
Cons
lame coworkers
Fun place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor II - Relocated to Georgia (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 27, 2016
Come to work on time. Work hard. Ask questions. Pay attention to small details. Customer care is very important. Timing is most important of all, it could make or break a deal.
Pros
Team players are great
Cons
Lunch too short
Fun workplace
Senior Personal Banker II/Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEOctober 26, 2016
I have learned a lot from my 13 year tenure at Citizens Bank. Great workplace. Great coworkers. Loved helping my customers plan their financial future.
Aggressive sales, no loyalty
Branch Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton Heights, PAOctober 24, 2016
The rewarding part was providing customers with ideal solutions for their banking, lending and financial needs. Upper management cared about sales results only.
Typical 9-5
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  E Providence, RIOctober 23, 2016
All departments are made up of many teams supervised by various managers. Your experience while working for Citizens Bank largely depends on your direct manager.
Hardworking and fun with coworkers
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 20, 2016
I learned how to process transactions such as cashing a checks, depositing cash and/or checks, and customers asks for a transactions statement to keep track of their money.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
universal banker for citizens
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 19, 2016
working for citizens is awesome this is a wonderful company to work for. the customers are great and so are my co workers.
Pros
lunch room small environment to work in great managers
Customer Service Specialist, Priority Response (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 19, 2016
I enjoyed researching and resolving customer problems. My team was amazing to work with. I was able to use my problem resolution, research and customer service skills.
Pros
I worked with amazing people
Cons
Company grew quickly and lost their focus
Banker 1, Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CT, Westerly, RIOctober 18, 2016
I worked for Citizens Bank for many years. I started when they were "Not Your Typical Bank". Over the years, Citizens Bank grew and acquired other smaller banks. This transition left branches short staffed with larger work loads. many employees had to forfeit a lunch break due to lack of help. Employees were promoted to positions without sufficient training. The Bank as a whole became completely focused on sales and did not keep their customers best interest in mind.

On the teller line in the branches, my colleagues and I always worked as a team to get out tasks done and encouraged each other to make our sales goals.

On the platform, colleagues were paid higher bonuses for achieving their sales goals, so relationships were not as strong.
Pros
Reasonable hours, paid holidays, decent vacation time
Cons
Employee retention rate in branches was poor
Career Builder
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Holmes, PAOctober 15, 2016
Banking jobs are great if you aren't sure what you want to do with your self as far as career wise, and have children. Its a steady 9am-5pm no holidays and long weekends. Its a sale's based job! I personally do not think sales based jobs have security because you can convince someone all day long to go with what you are saying but if they do not meet the qualifications theres nothing you can do.
Work life balance is good, but goals were unrealistic
Retail Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYOctober 15, 2016
Days were usually slow but they offer a lot of training so their employees are knowledgeable and versatile. The management set unrealistic goals which cause bankers to cut corners. Co-workers were fun to work with when they weren't complaining, hardest part was trying to make the goals. The most enjoyable part was the relationships between bankers in the branch as well as with other branches
Busy, productive, rewarding and challenging workplace.
Branch Manager/Multi-Site Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYOctober 14, 2016
A typical day at work starts with a morning huddle with entire team then a debrief with each banker. Once the doors open customer service is the number one priority, We help with clients that walk in as well as our appointment's that we have set throughout the week. At closing we do a team cool down to discuss the branch successes for the day.

I learned how to be a more successful coach.

My co-workers are coached on a daily basis and are rewarded for their performance. Great colleagues are the core of a successful business.

The hardest part of my job is trying to be in two places at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping to satisfy my customer needs, help my colleagues advance in their careers and being number 1.
Enjoyed the area of this job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2016
It was a fast paced environment because it was in the city, but I loved it. I wasn't getting paid enough which is why I left, but I did enjoy the position I had and the people I worked with.
Overworked
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2016
Not sure how it is in the traditional branches but in the in store locations the hours are long, the compensation as poor, the management is not helpful and the and opportunity for advancement is nil.
not enough growth
Account managment colleage (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2016
clean place to work not a lot of room for growth/great employees and management /I would have liked to feel like my career would prosper within citizen's bank
Pros
bonus
Cons
short lunch
Great team to work for and with
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 5, 2016
This was a great place to work the management was stable to begin but after outsourcing to another IT company the management changed on a yearly basis making it hard to have a working relationship.
The training was great to start but again went downhill once outsourced to private IT company.
Pros
Great co-workers and experience
Cons
On call hours at times were 24 straight hours making life a little hard.
Good company, tough work life balance
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 3, 2016
Good company to work for. Agressive sales goals. Micro managed days. Good pay. Long hours do to non traditional hours. Bad work life balance.
Sr. Build Engineer Rhode Island
Sr. Build Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandSeptember 30, 2016
Deployed and implemented Perforce across a software development organization developing business-critical applications in mixed Solaris/Windows environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

73%