Citizens Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,010 reviews matching the search
Multitasking at its finest
Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 17, 2015
The main idea behind every work day is sales. How many sales can you get doing as many jobs as possible. To be fair, I believe this is how most banks are working now. Be ready to run a teller line, open accounts, make sales calls, stay up to date on compliance, handle customer issues, follow up on loans all in a days time. My branch and colleagues were amazing and made the job enjoyable. Many outside applicants get the job before internal candidates often at a higher pay.
Pushy on Sales
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2015
This bank was way too pushy with sales. it became too stressful and was unable to keep working because of this. And management was terrible. attitudes left and right.
Productive and fun working place
NET Developer, Project (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
Fun Work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my collegeagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
was okay
Customer services representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 16, 2015
the position was straight forward, the job was very easy, enjoyed speaking to the customers. Gave the customer excellent services of what there concerns was and what they were call for
I liked my co-workers and my manager.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Medford, MANovember 16, 2015
This was a part-time position. I had to leave because my babysitter quit on me. This was a fast paced work environment with constant deadlines. Again, this is what I like, to keep really busy.
A rare opportunity to work united and earn decent wage gone forever from outsourcing and ultimate layoffs of so many.
Nite processing proof (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RI 02915November 15, 2015
Until monster lay off Citizen was a wonderful experience. A family environment one for all as the proverbial saying goes, we set directions and succeeded helping one another.

Our goal was production in timely manner for nest in line as uninterruptedly and seamless as possibble

Raises, gifting, pot love lucks credential recognition of work excellence were common occurrences

Our bosses were approachable and worked with all of us to give our best and error free work.

Outsourcing from America was my singularly dreadful experience

I have worked for To Life Center Adult Daycare in Providence, RI. in the capacity of Activities Host Respite Caregiver from 2014 until now.
Drop in membership of this marvelous nonprofit daycare and decrease in funding has placed my job in jeopardy.

Thank you for reading and for any help you may offer. HHB
Pros
Caring considerate company to work for.
Cons
Outsourcing wiped out so many jobs, no rehiring from agism and lack of experiences or educations resulted.
Citizen's Bank is a great company to work for
senior teller (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RINovember 12, 2015
Citizens Bank is dedicated to giving back to organizations in need that are in the communities where they are located. I enjoy working with the public and welcome the opportunity to assist customers with their banking needs. I enjoy participating in community events that Citizen's Bank supports.
Good Place, just not for me
Universal Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYNovember 12, 2015
some days where busy, others not as busy.
Always have to reach out to customers to interest them in another product, at teller transactions, via phone or mailers.
Pros
pleasant work team
Cons
short lunch breaks, only sales oriented
great place to work
Interim Regional Manager / 17 in store branches (Former Employee) –  Miller Place, NYNovember 11, 2015
Citizens bank withdrew their presence on long island due to a change of strategy from the Royal Bank of Scotland. During my tenure with Citizens i reported directly to the State director and I was exposed to many responsibilities that allowed me to grow professionally and gain a more dynamic perspective of the management of a region for retail operations.
Pros
fast growing footprint with plenty of opportunities and talent acquisition
Cons
Citizens sold its long island and some update new york branches to peoples united bank
bank teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 10, 2015
Fun work place ,really nice co-workers , i love to work with customer service wich made it easier.great hours , i had to leave because i had a misscarriage.
Typical Day
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 10, 2015
Worked on booking the loans onto the system. Worked on the conversion files so the information would convert to Citizens Bank system
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Pay was low
Changes are in the works, and heading in the right direction.
security specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2015
Citizens is going through some changes since going public. They are working towards streamlining procedures and policies. They are headed in the right direction.
productive but stressfull
Personal Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 9, 2015
learning and training path needs to be modified for new employees. not very simple, clear, and personal. overall not a terrible place to work. depends on branch location and management within that branch.
good working experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, MANovember 5, 2015
great place to wrk, great people, great customers, great benefits, excellent working environment, good location, good industry for bank professionals and junior bankers
Corporate controlled and dictative sales environment.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RINovember 5, 2015
Micro managed work environment and the culture is sales oriented without regard for customer needs. Some employee's falsified sales. Employee goals were unrealistic and employees were reprimanded, put on warning, then fired for not attaining goals. Horrible work environment.
Pros
Cons
Micro managed work environment
Lack of training if hired as a Manager
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYNovember 4, 2015
Its very frustrating to learn things after the fact. Broken promises on a regular basis. Management does a good job lifting people up to a possible promotion with no intension at all of doing so.
Pros
goos starting pay for a new hire banker
Cons
To political, your performance is not as important as who your friends are.
Original work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 2, 2015
Mid-Year review from branch manager available upon request.

Provided exceptional levels of customer service and processed accurate and timely transactions. Trained the Retail Sales Associate to run the teller line. Inventory Management. Crossed-sell bank products and services. Proactively sought ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to contribute towards the branch success. Maximized personal productivity through attention to detail, self-motivation, and adaptability to achieve branch and personal goals. Actively participated in opportunities to expand knowledge
Pros
Friday, long lunch breaks.
Benefits
CB in the late 90's
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 1, 2015
I haven't worked there in years so I'm not sure what the environment is currently. I worked thru 2 mergers. Once the merger with Republic was over hundreds of people lost their job.
mortgage collections industry
Front Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 1, 2015
Oversee daily operations of collections call center
Coach and Develop due to regulatory guidelines
Soft collections atmosphere
Pros
co-workers family oriented
Cons
no HR in richmond, va
Great managers
operation management (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 27, 2015
Worked for this company for a long time and went through many changes in leadership at the highest level. Some good and some not so good,

The front line managers are dedicated and hard working.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement potential
Cons
Advancement limited to major adminstrative centers limits colleagues in other areas