Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Management operates by buzz saw. Supporting back office departments are aweful. Employees are very generic and replaced frequently, customers know too
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 19, 2015
once you are hired start looking for your next job. Micro management at its finest. Banks internal issues become your baby. Classic blame game deflection. Investments responsibilities as well as opening new checking accounts on banking side. 2 masters to serve but banking side takes precedent and 95% of your time.
Pros
working Saturday mornings
Cons
upward mobility
Don't recommend
Quant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
Management is kinda inconsistent. Not enough respect to employees or potential job seekers. A lot of overtime working.
Pros
compensation
Cons
Everything except compensation
Heavy Phone Work
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2015
Co-Workers are very supportive, management does worry about numbers, but are willing to help you. Benefits not that great, need more choices.
Wide base of customer interaction
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 12, 2015
Ok company to work for, very sales aggressive and incentive continues to decrease throughout the years. Lack of recognition is one of the negative things that affects turnover. Not employee oriented and upper management is not involve.
Pros
customer interaction and direct manager
Cons
employee turnover and not much opportunity to grow
Worst Company I have ever worked for.
Appraisal Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 5, 2015
Management sucks, unskilled. Does not care about employees. Once IPO went into effect cut costs to the point that vending machines with bugs in them were brought in for coffee. No longer provided napkins, plates, utensils, etc for the kitchens/cafeteria.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything about this company
Great working environment
Senior personal banker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at work I would open the branch with a coworker
get everything ready before any customers arrive. Then I would go to my desk organize it get folders prepared for account opening and appointments , Then I would check my email , Then I would make calls to local businesses for a hour and a half , then I would call the people I had in my schedule for appointments to verify the time and appointment. Then I would go behind the teller line take some teller transactions etc....
Pros
build a bond with coworkers felt comfortable at work
Cons
they closed so i was let go
Great benefits and Salary
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 2, 2015
Good work environment but Management cannot make a decision and constantly changing course of action. I had 5 different SVPs as my manager in 1 year. Pretty hard to get recognized when you have to prove yourself 5 different times in 12 months...
Community Bank
Regional Sales Manager- Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Small part of a midwest regiona;l bank, with local knowledge of people and businesses. Very sales oriented with a good handle on customer service.
Pros
Small
Cons
Corporate was in another state.
Citizens Bank employee experience
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2015
At Citizens Bank you are treated as a valued employee, however your sales goal is what makes you valuable. If you begin to slip on your sales the pressure is on.
Incoming Calls
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2015
Phones, upset customers, upgrade accounts, look for sales, dealing with customers money. Management always adding more things to do. Management is willing to help, can be frustrating at times. Benefits not so great. No support group for Veterans.
Pros
coaching
Cons
Time management, goals, sales, nit–picking

Want to know more about Citizens Bank?

Ask a question
Wonderful company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2015
This company offered assistance to its employees, lots of training and great working atmospheres. There was opportunity for advancement and management supported all of its employees.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
High pressure/stressful job with a lot of responsibility
Advanced Teller (Current Employee) –  Raymond, NHAugust 29, 2015
Relationships with colleagues and some of the regular customers most enjoyable part of the job. Responsible for large amounts of money and sensitive/confident customer information. Pressure for great customer service and reaching branch goals well most of the time being understaffed was stressful. The stress caused poor management. Compensation and benefits not desirable enough for job requirements.
Fun enviorment
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 28, 2015
Great company to work for and best of all room for growth! I loved the fact my managers were very professional and cared about your success.
Terrible
Teller/Banker, Cash Custodian, Branch Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2015
Was forced to work outside legal limits with cash amounts, security levels in the branch and misuse of personal information. Worse company I have ever been associated with, both on a professional and personal level. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Lack of EVERYTHING, forced to work outside legal limits
Very busy with many projects
Credit Card Fraud and Claims Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAAugust 26, 2015
I have a team in the U.S. and also in India. Every day is productive and fast paced. We are always evolving not only as a company but as individuals within each role.
Newly Public Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIAugust 24, 2015
The company recently went public and pursued a more aggressive outsourcing strategy leaving little job security. Over the last few years there have been nothing but cuts in terms of employee benefits and perks.
company to work for
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 23, 2015
it was one of a kind experience with quicken loans, learn how to close a mortgage and sales on the phone with different people in any state.
EVeryone has a role and is encompassed with the tools necessary to succeed
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PaAugust 23, 2015
Energetic Productive work environment with a competitive nature and driving goal. personal development and growth is a peak focus and every one on the team is a part of generating success
Pros
environment, accountability
Cons
health care
Fun environment and great people.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Junction City, ORAugust 20, 2015
This was an awesome fun place to work. Management and co workers were great and very helpful. Everyone works very hard together every day, even on those rough days, everyone has a smile on their faces.
too much focus on sales
Teller- Customer (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHAugust 20, 2015
Great job as a teller but too much of a push on sales to try and get people to open accounts. pay is too low for the level of responsibility given.