Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank Employer Reviews

Challenging sales enviroment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), East WarehamMarch 31, 2014
Citizens Bank is a good place to work. It is very challenging and a high stress, high demand sales environment.
Good benefits for their employees.
Good learning experience
Branch Manager/Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Over the years of being with this Company , there was a great deal of training, products, and sales.
I was with this company for 10 yrs, and have held various positions. I grew from a PT Teller , to become a Branch Manager.
They have molded me to have all of the tools essential to be a great Branch Manager
Dependable Job.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Laconia, NHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the experience of working with good people.
Cons: stress
Stable job, with wonderful co workers. Loved the knowledge I gained while working there.
Displays Favoritism and Unfair treatment
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee), pittsbughtMarch 24, 2014
horrible work environment, was guaranteed raise in November after completion of additional skill set in march I still have not received it.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 19, 2014
Selling main focus and forced to feel selling was the primary function. Goals were high and little recognition was given for a job well done.
Productive work place
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 16, 2014
Fast paced environment.
Need to be multitask oriented.
Team environment.
Too Sales Driven
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Natick, MAMarch 14, 2014
All they care about is sales! Regardless if you make your goals they always want more, nothing is ever good enough.
Warm environment, Customer Oriented
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 14, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: multiple government regulations
Worked daily on customer relations. Helped advise appropriate accounts, or solved problems. Coached colleagues to achieve goals with most recent promotions and current products. Daily sales activities were primary but handled everything from managing all colleagues down to making sure the facility was clean and professional.
I learned how to prioritize – more... amongst many high priority on goings.
I had a open relationship will all my colleagues that either worked for me, equal to me, or managed me. I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve their goals whether it be business or personal.
The hardest part of the job was two fold. The first to keep my personal emotions separate from the situation but still be empathetic. The second to make sure that in the problem solving that all regulations were being followed but still being able to solve the issue or at very minimum that they understand what or why things are the way they are.
The most enjoyable part of the job were also the hardest. I get great personal satisfaction from being able to help people. – less
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 11, 2014
Please share the requirements very good company to work and got experience more knowledge
Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Cranston, RIMarch 6, 2014
Pros: .......
Cons: ......
Educational Loan Financial Management System is a web based comprehensive software package supporting Student Financial Aid Administration, Loans and Reports. The system is modular and organized to support all of the functions of the Financial Aid Office like need analysis, evaluation, packaging, notification, disbursement, funds management, tracking, – more... verification and reporting. This application completely enabled the process of loan applying to loan repayment of a customer over the World Wide Web – less
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), philadelphiaMarch 5, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
this is a good place to work when you are in high school or new to the working field. the people i work with here makes the job enjoyable.
TELLER (Current Employee), McMurray, PAMarch 4, 2014
work can be very busy. I have learned a lot and enjoy each of my co workers. The management is very good and I enjoy the atmosphere of the branch. The hardest part of the job would be trying to reach goals when you have obstacles.
I enjoyed working at Citizens Bank. It was a good atmosphere.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 25, 2014
I worked at Citizens for a little over a year and enjoyed every minute. I learned so much working there. Prior to my employment I had never worked with an FHA or VA loan. I was taught how to obtain an FHA case number and a previous appraisal. I was also taught the proper way to read a DU report as well as a credit report.

The immediate managers at – more... Citizens were great bosses and were very knowledgeable. You could ask them anything. If they were not available all co workers were very accommodating.

The toughest part of the job was trying to get the documents needed. Customers were not always happy when certain documents were requested.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was knowing I helped someone get their first home or helped them to get their refinance done to put an addition on their existing property. Once that loan closed, I knew my job was done and done well. – less
Upper management non supportive
IS Branch Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: rarely see upper management
Cons: see below
If the pay were not so good I would have left more quickly. Upper management will not support branch managers in tough times. They don't spend enough time in branches to see the trends and allow the proper adjustments.

Also, they hire college kids with no motivation and expect you to perform miracles.
Great People, great leadership
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for a company that was very concerned for its workers and shared it's wealth.
Great place to work.
Providence - PT/FT Bank Teller (Former Employee), Milford, CTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: all the hershey kisses you could eat!!
Cons: lots of pressure to consistently meet goals
Enjoyed working with people everyday. It was challenging to meet the goals that were required. All the co-workers turned into great friends.
Productive and learning environment
Assistant Branch Manager/Business Banker (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: looked forward to my bonuses, great learning experiences.
Cons: very long hours and days.
Long hours, coach personal banks, make 15-20 out bound calls daily to get appointments for new sales opportunities.

I learnt how to be a manager, sale person and a teller at Citizens Bank.

Management worked aggressively to deepen the banks foot print and name on Long Island.

My co-workers, were competitive, willing to learn and supportive.

The hardest – more... part of my job was working long days and weekends which was a challenge at times but i got it done.

Managing and motivating my team to achieve our goals. – less
Good Compensation Package Bad Corporate Culture
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: culture
You can earn a good base salary and the commissions are great, but you will have to work your tail off to earn them. This is definitely a 50+ hour a week job. Management is proficient with internal systems but aren't always knowledgeable about big picture professional development and can be more concerned with managing activity than ultimate results. – more... There is a ton of reporting and at least twice weekly conference calls.

There seems to be a lack of team spirit, mostly because everyone is so busy worrying about their own very aggressive goals. Lines of business partners are often spread too thin to help you succeed in the many areas where you will be expected to perform.

I have witnessed a number of occasions where people were unjustly "thrown under the bus" and other types of unprofessional behavior were exhibited. This type of behavior is apparently acceptable provided that the person doing the throwing is a good producer.

This is a British company owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) so there are constant rumors of a sale or takeover as RBS may be interested in divesting in North America. – less
Good overall
Contact Center Specialist III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2014
I love working for the company, and going to work each day. Great focus on customer satisfaction. Sometimes the management can be too hands on with employees life outside of work.
Fun place to work
Loan Operation Analyst (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: all about numbers
The company has great benefits. I have enjoyed my years working at Citizens Bank. Have seen many changes within the company since I started working there some for the good and some for the bad.

About Citizens Bank

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more

Citizens Bank Photos