Citizens Business Bank Employee Reviews

Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 8, 2018
The atmosphere at Citizens Business Bank is great. The Bank employs great people and the benefits are good. Great management who understands and cares about its employees.
A job that will teach you from the ground up in the babking operations
Service Representative Teller (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 28, 2017
This job was all hands on compared to retail banks. If you can work at Citizens Business Bank, you can work everywhere. Never got a raise in my two years even though my boss had sent a request to higher management. My office was excellent to work at. Upper management do not see the hard work you put in on the daily and therefor do not compensate you fairly especially compared to other banks.
Pros
great experience
Fair and competitive workplace
Vice President, Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 22, 2017
Citizens Financial Services Department, responsible for leading all sales activities of the department through the development of direct and indirect sales channels. Responsible for driving financial performance by effectively managing the department to achieve the established goals and objectives. Responsible for the development, growth and profitability of Citizens Financial Services.
Okay as a Temporary Job
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 11, 2017
Worked here part time while going to school. They tell you that they are flexible with your hours (which is why I initially took the job), but they are not. They try to make you feel bad if you need to take time off to study.
Pros
free lunch
Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 7, 2017
everyone I work with is just all around amazing and helpful.
I have never been happier working in a corporate office like I have here.
its everything I wanted to do
Well positioned Regional Business Bank
Senior Vice President Manager-CRE (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 27, 2017
For A larger size regional bank Citizens has a great reputation. Offering medium size businesses various loan and banking products, to include international and Agricultural products.
Pros
Has all of the services of a Major Bank
Cons
Less personal than a smaller bank relative to creativity for clients
need to move on
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 14, 2017
not an ideal job for my knowledge. the pay is little for all that I have learned and hard to move up in the company. the staff if amazing but not my ideal job. the benefits are great but the hours are not enough nor is the pay. sorry
Was good work experience
Deposit Processor, Courier, Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 29, 2017
This was my first "corporate" job, and i have to say the experience was very positive. although i did not stay there for a long period of time, i did enjoy my time there and did see the opportunity for advancement.
Great company to work for
E-Banking Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 24, 2017
Great company to work for however the salaries are under industry standards. The people are very nice but it's hard to transfer from one position to another.
Top ranked bank
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 14, 2017
Growing bank with a community bank feel. CEO is on board with hiring top notch individuals in all areas of the bank. Competitive salaries and annual bonuses.
Do Not work for this company
Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CAOctober 11, 2016
Current Employee: Super slow in every process. Some great hardworking people. But there are a lot of disconnects. The bank has high goals and the pay plan is not competitive at all.
Pros
Slower Pace, OK Benefits.
Cons
Bank is growing into other markets without any experience, Management
Productive sales culture
Vice President, Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2016
Forbes-rated #1 Top Performing business bank in the US
Co-workers were excellent and supportive
Business development was no. 1 priority.
Portfolio retention support needed
Teller
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2016
The manager at the location which is Stockdale in California was the worst manager. She is rude and doesn't train there workers right, she assumes that we are just going to know everything. Worst job of my life. Waste if time.
no management
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Needs better management

I've been there 4 years now part time they are not hiring full time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being the party planner for our branch.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Very unorganized no one seems to be in charge
Culture and work/life balance
Service Support IV (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 31, 2015
A typical day at work involves reviewing reports, customer account information, manage teller workload, processing customer transactions, managing new company policy and procedures, ensure we are in compliance with all federal and local state laws, and customer service. I learned how to prioritize and organize my days so I will have an effective and productive work day every day.I have also learned how to read and utilize reports to help achieve our center's objectives with growth, revenue, and consistently staying in audit compliance. Management is very good. My direct manager meets with me once a month and we go over leadership skills I can work on and any available career growth opportunities. The only problem, is because the bank is so small, career growth is very difficult. My next level position becomes available every few years. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our customers succeed with their financial goals, and knowing I was able to help our center be successful with revenue growth, staying in audit compliance, and providing exceptional customer experience.
Pros
team engagement, flexibility, hours of operation
Cons
benefits, such as vacation days, not a lot of growth opportunity
Professional
PAYROLL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 19, 2015
Very fast paste environment, very professional. Management is awesome. Very flexible schedule. Clients are easy to work with and understable
Professional Business
PAYROLL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 16, 2015
Very professional business with lots of room for advancement. Very organized and clean environment. Friendly and helpful staff
Teamwork
Vice President Treasury Management Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 9, 2015
Citizens Business Bank was a great place to work. I enjoyed the teamwork and had to opportunity to advance my career over the years.
Love our Customers
Customer Service Representative -Teller (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 3, 2015
I really love the customers that go to Citizens Business Bank, it really feels like a community bank. I have met great people and the VP of our Brank John F. cares for his employees and their well being.
Pros
Worked arround my school schedule
Cons
Part time no benefits
Unprofessional work ethics
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 2, 2015
Supervisors treat employees in an unprofessional manner. They have no consideration for work, life and balance. Often work through holidays without comp time.